What is your favorite glossed over tidbit?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

What is your favorite glossed over tidbit?

Unread post by Seneca »

The various Rift's world books are filled with various little tidbits and one liners that could get a GM's brains working over time. Besides the numerous plots in Pantheons of the Megaverse, my favorite two little lines that are easily glossed over are in the original Conversion book:

1) That Nimro giants are building a kingdom of giants in Turkey. They already have 4000 orcs lead by 60 Nimro and various other giants. (Putting them as mercenaries in the upcoming Gargoyle/Broadkill/NGR war? Or as an extra faction in the Warlords of Russia struggles)
(CB pg 98)

2) The Gromek have established a handful of settlements in the Allegheny mountains between Pennsylvania and Maryland. (Putting them as potential raiders of a Shemarian Nation?) Another 100 have a tiny kingdom in the Canadian Rockies.

So what is yours?
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
Talavar
Hero

Re: What is your favorite glossed over tidbit?

Unread post by Talavar »

DeimosMasque wrote:It used to be the Republicans, but the Revised Source book covered them finally. The funny thing is that I've used them a lot since 1995 in various forms (once a terrorist organization against the CS, once as a cryogenic frozen people let out after the dark ages ended, once as a thriving underground city in Washington D.C. that was slowly seeking to increase their influence as the "Real Americans".) Since the Revised Source book, the most untouched thing to be is Kingsdale where we know that they are probably at a similar technological level of the Coalition and even do Juicers, Crazies and Borgs but we don't know much else about them.

Or maybe they did and I missed it, because I've been out of Rifts for a long time (2003) and just got back into it last month.

Yeah, Kingsdale got covered to some extent in Juicer Uprisings.
- If I never hear real world military buffs complaining about Rifts weapons technology again it'll be too soon
- Rifts isn't Warhammer 40K. Try to remember that.
- In vino veritas, and I am hammered!
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

I totally forgot about the illegitimate child by a spell-caster bit! Great catch.
Yeah Kingsdale was outlined in the JU book. Now if we could get Whykin. Supposedly their military is run by a cyber-knight too...

Here is an old one from the original Main Book:

In southern Wisconsin their is a magic kingdom called Shaedo ruled by a dragon, or dragons near Marshfield. (Huh? Right by the CS?) Erin Tarn never found it. (Maybe it is an astral kingdom or D-shifting fade town?) RMB pg 149
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, CANADA. NOT Austrailia, CANADA.

Unread post by Prince Artemis »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
jcook03 wrote:What book has the bit about the spellcaster and prosek? That sounds like something worth reading!

The main book, IIRC.

Coalition Warcampaign in the back where they describe the Prosec Family.
Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway
Comment: I love how people are quick to make demands, make spurious claims and then play the victim when you call them on it.

That the Rockies AKA the great barrier wall is not the same mountain chain as before the rifts.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
jcook03 wrote:What book has the bit about the spellcaster and prosek? That sounds like something worth reading!

The main book, IIRC.

CWC I thought, but its actually been mentioned in several places; FoM, Psyscape I think has a blurb on it.
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Shazam wrote:another would be WILKS who owns it who controls it?

Covered in New West
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

One of my games is entirely based around that "Illegitimate Child of Joseph Prosek" gimmick.

It's why the GMPC in one of my games is a Battle Magus. :)

The funniest moment was when the Cyber-Samurai in the group first saw Joseph Prosek II, and a lucky HTH blow from the Battle Magus kayoed him, just after he said "You'll pay for this."A (They were evacuating a data retrieval mission.) He was like "I've seen him on holovids, right?"

Me: Sure

Player: After Marie runs up the stairs, I wait for her to close the door. As she closes the door, I fling a single universal credit onto his unconscious body. "There! That is what you are worth, Gaijin. Now you are paid."
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The American soldiers that where stationed in the tech cities of Japan when they teleported through time.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Josh Sinsapaugh
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

That Shemarrians have their own unique culture, although said culture isn't described.

Oh wait...

:P

~ Josh
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:That Shemarrians have their own unique culture, although said culture isn't described.

Oh wait...

~ Josh

I hear Jason Richards submitted something about that.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

rat_bastard wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:That Shemarrians have their own unique culture, although said culture isn't described.

Oh wait...

~ Josh

I hear Jason Richards submitted something about that.

Hehehehe.

In all seriousness, my favorite glossed over tidbit is about the small (very small?) kingdoms on the East Coast that have been mentioned a few times (once in Mercenaries, for example, IIRC).

I plan to do something about that one day...

~ Josh
Armorlord
Hero

Unread post by Armorlord »

Kikkoman wrote:that MDC weapons are uncommon and rare...
I make sure to keep that theme running in my games. Outside of power groups and major towns, mega-damage weapons are a rarity among the common folk.

That aside, one of my favorite tidbits isn't even written, you have to compare maps from two books to take note! I like it so much I even keep the thread about it linked in my sig:
The Kingdom of Tarnow and Warlord Romanov's War Camp are neighboring powers. :ok:
Talking to you is sort of the conversational equivalent of an out-of-body experience. -Susie (Calvin and Hobbes)
It's not impossible, it's just really unfair. :( -Trance Gemini (Andromeda)
Tarnow and Romanov: Neighbors!

Politeness is not a shield, and criticism is not a sword to swing repeatedly.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

the NGR level tech nation in scandinavia....
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Josh Sinsapaugh

glitterboy2098 wrote:the NGR level tech nation in scandinavia....

Which is mentioned aaaaaaaaall the way back in the original Rifts mainbook.

~ Josh
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

and is basically the only referance so far...

my second favorite is the CS beleiving there is a Glitterboy factory out on the west coast. (also RMB)

my third is the bit in Spirit west about how the SAMAS factory is in the Northwest, though Fort Apache (supposadly the factory) is then put in the Southwest. which implies there are two factories...
Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Josh Sinsapaugh

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

and is basically the only referance so far...

It's mentioned, in passing, a few times in Aftermath.

~ Josh
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Shazam wrote:shudders* vikings with NGR equipment

nah, i envision them as the survivors of the modern day Norwegians and Swedes, with the same focus on effective and self-developed military.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:

~ Josh

Back in the days when open submissions were allowed, this was my dream project.
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
Josh Sinsapaugh

Shazam wrote:is there a book that deals with the arctic and antarctica?

The arctic is covered tangentially in Canada and Russia... but (I repeat) only tangentially.

AFAIK, antarctica hasn't been touched.

~ Josh
Josh Sinsapaugh

Zerebus wrote:Nor should it ever be.

Nothing good would come of it...

Well, if it is done right...

That is a huge "if" though.

~ Josh
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I actually have the full netbook on the arctic circle and can give it out, seeing as the original site no longer exists. Someone just has to teach me how. :lol:
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Favorite glossed-over tidbit...currently??

The mystery as to who -or WHAT -knows that ARCHIE's Shemarrians are robots and smashing them up....but apparently deciding NOT to tell anyone else...

(I think that was last covered in Rifts: Aftermath)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

cornholioprime wrote:Favorite glossed-over tidbit...currently??

The mystery as to who -or WHAT -knows that ARCHIE's Shemarrians are robots and smashing them up....but apparently deciding NOT to tell anyone else...

probably the republicans. they know about archie, and have fairly complete access to his records. and the robot legions of archie would be a big detriment to their operations.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

glitterboy2098 wrote:

probably the republicans. they know about archie, and have fairly complete access to his records. and the robot legions of archie would be a big detriment to their operations.
Negative.

Rifts: Sourcebook One, pages 124 and 125 imply, if not state outright, that the Republicans know/retain only the tiniest bits of info about ARCHIE; they can barely retool the Factories to make what they want; and the text says outright that they've done almost nothing 'to' ARCHIE at all apart from hack into and override his means of controlling some of the older, 'abandoned' Factories...as well as his means of "seeing" into them.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

cornholioprime wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Negative.

Rifts: Sourcebook One, pages 124 and 125 imply, if not state outright, that the Republicans know/retain only the tiniest bits of info about ARCHIE; they can barely retool the Factories to make what they want; and the text says outright that they've done almost nothing 'to' ARCHIE at all apart from hack into and override his means of controlling some of the older, 'abandoned' Factories...as well as his means of "seeing" into them.

And if I remember correctly ..

Thats ONLY when he was asleep a couple times ..
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Lenwen wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Negative.

Yet again you misrepresent.

He was "ONLY" asleep a 'couple' of times.

To the tune of One thousand three hundred and twenty one hours...

1321 hours..

55 full 24 hour days in under a year?

Well yeah he only slept for 55 full days with no knowledge of it, records eraced, factorys retooled, and the material stockpiles of three of his 9 factorys GONE.

But... you say "ONLY" when he was asleep a couple of times"

Come on man... if you can't win debates with out resorting to this sort of thing...

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

My favorite glossed over tidbit EVER for any books that I went out an purchased ..

1) - The entire convo between Thoth and his Shifter bonded Atlantean human minion .. Alex .. begining of [HADES] book.

2) - The love Child of the Emporer and the magic using female ..

3) - The "Angel" being held captive in Hades ...

4) - Just how "Powerful" is Camazotz, Lord of the Bats , considering he completly dominates 1 Vampire Intelligence so completly it listens to anything and is in fact commanded by Lord Camazotz ..

5) - What ever happened to King Kryang an his Pirate kingdom .. lol loved this guy .

6) - Who are the True leaders of the Gargoyle and Brodkil empires .. this last 1 is more of a question rather then a glossed over tidbit , but I've always been intrigued with both empires .. considering thier lesser demons its a HUGE thing even just 1 of them has an empire to begin with .. let alone TWO sub demons .. having entire empires .. this could very well have HUGE ramifications in the "Minion War's " .
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

1321 hours..

Well yeah he only slept for 55 full days with no knowledge of it, records eraced, factorys retooled, and the material stockpiles of three of his 9 factorys GONE.

Come on man... if you can't win debates with out resorting to this sort of thing ...

Pepsi .. you make me laugh more and more with your self rightous act .. keep it up . I really do like it heh .

The fact that I hands down quote canon , you hate it an you want to say this or say that an on top of that say its not what it really means ... you tell me what do these passages mean then cause to me .. its like Archie has in fact .. "slept" many many times ... And he knows about it as well , not to mention he scheduals the sleep time along with Hagans ..

If the republicans HAD the power to turn archie on and off .. as you claim they do ... they would have already taken over the entire complex instead of trying to quickly and quitly(sp?) try to rebuild thier military with just a SINGLE 1 of his production complex's ..

Or whats your explanation as to why they have not yet done so ?

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:Instead of my usual 1-2 hours of down time

That shows with out a doubt , Archie has "SCHEDUALED" downtime at "REGULAR" intervals ..

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:I sleep , for 7 or 8 hours

That goes to show you he has TONS of times "slept" With that much downtime or "Sleep" is it really hard to understand how from the dates of the mechanoid sourcebook till this revised sourcebook that he has accumulated 55 full days of sleep ?

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:How do you know you've been sleeping all that time ?

Shows that Archie is in fact aware that he has more then the usual 1-2 hour schedualed down time .

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:It's in my data files , I'm offline

Again proof that Archie knows something is going down its in his files ..

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:For your convience , I schedual my downtime with your sleep cycle

Clearly shows that Archie has LOTS of what he calls .. down time ...

P.S.
Pepsi .. please just dont "attempt" to lock the thread .. thats all I ask observe the rules ... this is a good thread ... that I would like to read what other people have to say .
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

1321 hours..

Come on man... if you can't win debates with out resorting to this sort of thing ...

Pepsi .. you make me laugh more and more with your self rightous act .. keep it up . I really do like it heh .

The fact that I hands down quote canon , you hate it an you want to say this or say that an on top of that say its not what it really means ... you tell me what do these passages mean then cause to me .. its like Archie has in fact .. "slept" many many times ... And he knows about it as well , not to mention he scheduals the sleep time along with Hagans ..

If the republicans HAD the power to turn archie on and off .. as you claim they do ... they would have already taken over the entire complex instead of trying to quickly and quitly(sp?) try to rebuild thier military with just a SINGLE 1 of his production complex's ..

Or whats your explanation as to why they have not yet done so ?

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:Instead of my usual 1-2 hours of down time

That shows with out a doubt , Archie has "SCHEDUALED" downtime at "REGULAR" intervals ..

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:I sleep , for 7 or 8 hours

That goes to show you he has TONS of times "slept" With that much downtime or "Sleep" is it really hard to understand how from the dates of the mechanoid sourcebook till this revised sourcebook that he has accumulated 55 full days of sleep ?

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:How do you know you've been sleeping all that time ?

Shows that Archie is in fact aware that he has more then the usual 1-2 hour schedualed down time .

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:It's in my data files , I'm offline

Again proof that Archie knows something is going down its in his files ..

Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised & Expanded pg 112-113 wrote:For your convience , I schedual my downtime with your sleep cycle

Clearly shows that Archie has LOTS of what he calls .. down time ...

P.S.
Pepsi .. please just dont "attempt" to lock the thread .. thats all I ask observe the rules ... this is a good thread ... that I would like to read what other people have to say .

I'm not attempting to lock anything. In your every post you skew data. Every one. You present things out of wack with what they really are. You inflate or deflate numbers to your advantage and try and talk your way around them when proven wrong. I simply walked over and took at the book.

Your statement.

"And if I remember correctly ..

Thats ONLY when he was asleep a couple times .."

Now the proof that you're being HIGHLY misleading.

To quote Archie "We'll there is the matter of lost time" added Archie "That's what I find the most disturbang Hagan"
"Lost time? I don't understand"
"Instead of my usual 1-2 hours of downtime I.... I sleep Hagan, I sleep for 7 or 8 hours. I suppose because I'm dreaming. I don't want to wake up sooner, does that make sense?"

Then down a bit

"How do you know you've been sleeping all that time?" Asked Hagan
"It's in my data files. I"m offline"

"Why haven't I ever seen you , um, sleeping?"
"For your convenience, I always schedule my downtime with your sleep sycle, Youv'e never seen me in stasis... asleep"
"Huh. Now that you mention it I havent. I've never realized that before, you were just always there"
"Yes and I can run with out downtime for weeks with out pause and with out deterioration of my faculties. However as of late I find downtime pleasent and desireable. at least I did untill I realized I'm losing blocks of time I can't account for"
"But arn't you progreammed to wake up after only a couple hours?"
"I'm not a machine Hagan"
"No of course not I mean don't you always wake up after an hour or two? I remember you telling me once you wished you could sleep and dream"
"I did say it was disturbing Hagan. That's why we're tlking about dreaming"

It goes on to have Hagan wake up in the middle of the night and try to call out to Archie. Archie didn't answer him.

The next day archie told Hagan it happened again. He was down for 6 hours 47 minutes and 13 seconds. But factory 7 was up and running.

Then it happened again the next night and archie feels violated. Sent robots there to check it out and found nothing. NOTHING. all the material stockpiles were gone and there was evidence of machine wear.

Then comes the part I poited out above. To quote

"I've done a full system analysis and Data says I am Ok, but the data cannot be trusted. I have logged 1,321 hours of lost time Hagan"

Lost time. Not normal sleep. Lost time, unaccounted for. He goes on to say

"Holes in my memory I cannot Explain. Periods in which I my have done anything"

So in this case, as in many others you are not... NOT "Fact that I hands down quote canon."

You are not quoting canon. You're misrepresenting canon. You said

"And if I remember correctly ..

Thats ONLY when he was asleep a couple times .."

When infact, by cannon, (( page 115, Rifts Sourcebook One revised and expanded)) That he's had numberous accounts of lost time, that hagan never noticed as he was asleep himself to the tune of 1,321 hours.

If hagan sleeps 7 hours a night, and archie is highjacked every second Hagan is asleep, that means Archie has been hacked 7 hours a night for 188 days straight. 7 hours a night. Every night....

Thats more than "only a sleep a couple times" any way shape or form you look at it.

YOU Misrepresent facts and get mad when it's pointed out.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
I'm not attempting to lock anything. In your every post you skew data. Every one. You present things out of wack with what they really are. You inflate or deflate numbers to your advantage and try and talk your way around them when proven wrong. I simply walked over and took at the book.

"I've done a full system analysis and Data says I am Ok, but the data cannot be trusted. I have logged 1,321 hours of lost time Hagan"

Lost time does not equate to Not sleeping ..

Now your the one skewring the canon qoute to fit your side of the bill .. read the book no where does it say what I enboldened and underlined ... that was YOUR thoughts on the process ..

I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this .
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:

Lost time does not equate to Not sleeping ..

Now your the one skewring the canon qoute to fit your side of the bill .. read the book no where does it say what I enboldened and underlined ... that was YOUR thoughts on the process ..

I'd like to hear what other people have to say about this .

Dude, what are you talking about? It's right there.

"Holes in my memory I cannot explain. Periods in which I may have done anything"

You've lost this one Lenwen. Badly. I'm not skewing canon at all. It's a direct quote. From the book. 1,321 hours of lost time. Is more than "asleep a couple of times"

Even if you some how postulate that the entire 1,321 hours were just sleep, each sleep cycle would have to be 660 hours for it to be a 'asleep a couple of times". I think Hagan would have noticed archie sleeping for 27 days straight.. two different times.

Your argument is absurd.

You misrepresent. Period.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Your argument is absurd.

only to you .. which I find halarious ..
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Your argument is absurd.

Ok. explain to me how 1,321 hours is 'sleeping a couple of times'

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Your argument is absurd.

Regular Schedualed down times of 1-2 hours every nite coupled with times where he goes to sleep for 7-8 hours at a time ..

After a year and a half of this or even two years .. I see it totally plausible .. two years = 730 days .. take that 1,321 hours and then it goes to 13hours per nite .. or roughly half a day ..

the math does not add up either way .. How could they have taken that much time away from Archie .. with out Hagen realizing something was going on when he called out to archie .. the only time Archie has NEVER answered back to Hagen was when the Mechanoids invaded thier compound ..

If Archie never answered back to hagen this time obviously Hagen would understand something is wrong .. and instantly start his own investigation immediatly ...

Wouldent you think ? Or do you honestly think that Hagen would simply not even care to know .. ?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Shazam wrote:which book are you guys misrepresenting? jking :D :D :D

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

this made me laugh so hard ..

no offense ment .. some think its bad when you laugh .. but seriously .. its the Archie books .

I think that Archie was mearly asleep for the time when the Republicans were using production facility number 7 ..

Pep seems to think it was the Republicans .. who PUT archie into sleep ..

And I asked him a point out question that he has yet to answer .. heh ..

If the Republicans DID in fact put archie to sleep .. as like Pep thinks .. they why dident they just shut him down and find him an keel hagen and take over the entire Nema HQ-ECC ?

Instead of .. just waiting an making a small army ... while archie was asleep in the first place .
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Your argument is absurd.

Regular Schedualed down times of 1-2 hours every nite coupled with times where he goes to sleep for 7-8 hours at a time ..

After a year and a half of this or even two years .. I see it totally plausible .. two years = 730 days .. take that 1,321 hours and then it goes to 13hours per nite .. or roughly half a day ..

the math does not add up either way .. How could they have taken that much time away from Archie .. with out Hagen realizing something was going on when he called out to archie .. the only time Archie has NEVER answered back to Hagen was when the Mechanoids invaded thier compound ..

If Archie never answered back to hagen this time obviously Hagen would understand something is wrong .. and instantly start his own investigation immediatly ...

Wouldent you think ? Or do you honestly think that Hagen would simply not even care to know .. ?

It implys a long running hack of Archie. And he HAS been fighting the republicains for a long while.

But noone sleeps 13 hours a night. So it has to have been happening far longer.

That's the point. You said it was a couple of times. My information points out it was far far far far more than a couple of times.

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Your argument is absurd.

It implys a long running hack of Archie. And he HAS been fighting the republicains for a long while.

But noone sleeps 13 hours a night. So it has to have been happening far longer.

That's the point. You said it was a couple of times. My information points out it was far far far far more than a couple of times.

Point taken ..

Your turn ..

Answer my question please ...

If the Republicans HAD the ability to basically put archie to sleep when ever they wished ... Like your attempting to say ..

Why is there even an Archie .. still ?

Why not just shut him down and flat out take over the entire Nema-HQ-ECC ?
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Shazam wrote:which ones are the archee books?

Rifts Sourcebook 1
Rifts sourcebook 2 The Mechanoids
Rifts Sourcebook 1 Revised and Explanded.

heh .
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Lenwen wrote:
Your turn ..

If the Republicans HAD the ability to basically put archie to sleep when ever they wished ... Like your attempting to say ..

This exact question is handled in the new Source Book one. They don't have direct access to the bread box size archie in the main base and all the sleeping troops. They've found 3 of his satellite factorys and hacked in from there. Remote access sort. And while they can't totally control him they can 'put him on standby' for a while and cloak themselves from his view in those factorys.

More over they ARE searching for a way into the main complex (( They know where it is. They always have. They've went knocking on the door for help time and again and have staged many offences to try and fight their way in. They just keep getting their butts kicked.))

But they're trying to find a back door, so that they don't tip him off. Every time they knock on the front door. Archie tells them to go away or he'll kill them. Then they try and blow their way in... and archie kills them.

It's addressed DIRECTLY in the book Lenwan. Do you have the new book? (( Not being a jerk. There's alot of information that's not in the old one.))

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:
Lenwen wrote:
Your turn ..

This exact question is handled in the new Source Book one. They don't have direct access to the bread box size archie in the main base and all the sleeping troops. They've found 3 of his satellite factorys and hacked in from there. Remote access sort. And while they can't totally control him they can 'put him on standby' for a while and cloak themselves from his view in those factorys.

More over they ARE searching for a way into the main complex (( They know where it is. They always have. They've went knocking on the door for help time and again and have staged many offences to try and fight their way in. They just keep getting their butts kicked.))

But they're trying to find a back door, so that they don't tip him off. Every time they knock on the front door. Archie tells them to go away or he'll kill them. Then they try and blow their way in... and archie kills them.

It's addressed DIRECTLY in the book Lenwan. Do you have the new book? (( Not being a jerk. There's alot of information that's not in the old one.))

Yep I have it .. I just wanted to see what your reasoning on why they the Republicans have not yet taken over Nema-HQ-ECC or in other words ... Archie ..

I may however have to go back and reread alotta it here in a couple minutes .. since I have the next few days off heh .

Kinda funny they have "Access Codes" as well as "Have known" of the exact location of the main facility .. and yet do not have it in thier own control ...

That to me means with out a doubt they do not in fact have the capability to make Archie sleep when ever they need to .. otherwise .. the Republicans would have already taken over the whole complex and we would not be having this discussion ..

At least dont you think ?
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

Could you guys get back to the topic

My favorite bits are the Scandinavian and the Blood Druids parts and the NGR Space program. There is also something special about Netherlands/Amsterdam but I can't find it right now, Los Alamo, just what the heck is Eylor, why the Ulti-Max has a force Field, why a PB gun in WB: Japan claims to be "the only Particle Beam pistol designed by humans on earth"(At-130 on pg 122), Chi-Town itself(the city fortress), most of the Colition States are somewhat glossed over, same with Lazlo(even after 20 some years of being mentioned there is still more info about the west coast then there is about Lazlo and New Lazlo, and there was something odd in Pyscape but I no longer have that book so I can't find it, it might of been in FoM, and whats up with the dead walking the lands of Romania
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
VooDu
Explorer

Unread post by VooDu »

There are a bunch of supers in France.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Esckey wrote:Could you guys get back to the topic

My favorite bits are the Scandinavian and the Blood Druids parts and the NGR Space program. There is also something special about Netherlands/Amsterdam but I can't find it right now, Los Alamo, just what the heck is Eylor, why the Ulti-Max has a force Field, why a PB gun in WB: Japan claims to be "the only Particle Beam pistol designed by humans on earth"(At-130 on pg 122), Chi-Town itself(the city fortress), most of the Colition States are somewhat glossed over, same with Lazlo(even after 20 some years of being mentioned there is still more info about the west coast then there is about Lazlo and New Lazlo, and there was something odd in Pyscape but I no longer have that book so I can't find it, it might of been in FoM, and whats up with the dead walking the lands of Romania

There's stuff on Lazlo in..... the Xixtick book I believe... Yeah, about them gearing up to go take care of the bugs because it's such a problem.

Also in aftermath Lazlo gets a bunch of Tolkeens slop overs. And how their numbers have grown, how the refugee influx is straining Lazlo and frankly how the tolkeenites are being pissy and causing trouble. (( Their country did just get destroied but yeah)) and the 'peace' of lazlo is being strained under the weight of all the negativity that the refugee tolkeenites bring.

New Lazlo is mentioned too about how they're, frankly a bit to big for their britches. How they don't see that the CS taking out Tolkeen pertains to them in any way and that sort of teen age "Oh we're immortal" Sort of mindset.

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

The Rahu-Man on the NGR Ruling Council, the abandoned NGR Space Program, and the fate of Amsterdam should all be appearing in Triax 2. :bandit:
Grell
Republican
Comment: We are the hope for the future and we will not fail in that duty.

Unread post by Grell »

rat_bastard wrote:The American soldiers that where stationed in the tech cities of Japan when they teleported through time.

Thank you! :D
"He who commands the kitchen commands the ship." -C. Magewind, Ley Line Rifter and self proclaimed "Best Cook in the Three Galaxies"

"The question is not why the mechanoids kill the humanoids, but only why nobody did it sooner." -Killer Cyborg
VooDu
Explorer

Unread post by VooDu »

Missourian wrote:
VooDu wrote:There are a bunch of supers in France.

Where is that information at? :eek:

My favorite piece of glossed over info is the mention of New Avalon in RUE. Is this New Camelot re-named or a entirely new place?

The supers info is in the Conversion Book #1. It gives you the breakdown of some places and some of the crazy things on Rifts Earth.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

And what of the real Gilgamesh??

Where be he???

Prince Artemis
Voice of the Gateway

Just wanted to point something out, that's been said on my show many times and might as well be the catch phrase:

If you think there's something that palladium isn't writing for, write it yourself and send it in. They have the Rifter and they obviously don't mind printing books from fan base freelancers. So go to it!
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

The hinting that the CS got the idea for their Shrike Interceptor's ASRRAAMM missile by reverse engineering the SSM-7&9 of the AGA-1JF Fighter from Macross II they "acquired"
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc

Return to “Rifts®”