Badder Bad Guys List

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Re: Badder Bad Guys List

Unread post by NMI »

Moved to appropriate forums.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Jesterzzn
Champion

Unread post by Jesterzzn »

They took down a Splugorth?

That leaves...um...Phase World Center, maybe?

Mechanoids home world?

Old Ones?

Really, insane or not, after you take down a splugie, any splugie, its time to retire and count your blessings. :wink:
:fool:
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

The other Splugorth, complete with minions. The one they killed might have been banished, but he didn't deserve a death at the hands of mere mortals.
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

They should be hunted by goblins. ALL the goblins. Every goblin across the multiverse has one goal - destroy your heroes!!!

Just imagine millions upon millions of goblins on a 24/7 relentless hunt and your players having to try to figure out "Why are they after us?" and "How do we get them to stop?" before its too late.

I'm sure they can kill 40,000 of them, but can they kill 40 billion?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

I'd have the splurgoth start influencing the characters through their shirts.

There is plenty of support for 'evil leaking through cameras/photographs' and the imprint of a slain splurgoth sounds insidious enough..

Shutter, The ring, ancient superstitions of cameras stealing souls etc.

Imagine a splurgoth living inside your T-Shirt. or emanating a supernatural virus through the JPEG stored on your hard drive.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

an insane Tarloc superwarrior hellbent on becoming a god by any means, one of those means is by consuming the essence of a VI or splug, which it just so happens the characters have a bit of from their run in with the insane splug.
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

The Four Horsemen? What if the Aesir recruited themto fight at Ragnarok?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

how about Rifts china or the get equalizer in any game the paper shredder
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

There's a host of gods and their pantheons in Conversion Book 2, several of them can make good villains.

There's allways oppositely-aligned dopplegangers of themselves from an alternate mirror dimension who appear to attack the players.

Speaking of that, the Nightlords aren't pushovers themselves.

I don't think you could get much badder than the Old Ones themselves.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Chuck Norris.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

The Id
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Mephisto wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris' teeth could blind a God, but he never smiles.

you know what you have started right?
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Unread post by Lord Z »

Glistam has the right idea.

Here is what I would do. Got a copy of Nightbane? Good, use the Mirrorwall. Assume that there has always been a Nightlands version of your Earth but only recently has the Mirrorwall developed cracks through which the baddies on the far side can cross. Perhaps it was something which the PCs did that cracked the wall in the first place -- or it was the dying spiteful act of the Splugorth.

On the otherside of every mirror, there is an evil clone of each player character which exists just to kill and replace that character. It's a supernatural creature with all of the knowledge and skills of the PC. The Doupleganer R.C.C. isn't as clear on whether or not the doppleganger has the same powers as I think this was supposed to be judged on a case-by-case basis. Give the dopples the same powers as the PCs. The ultimate challenge is besting oneself.

Voran also has a good point. Fighting their own dark reflections is an excellent chance for the PCs to begin questioning themselves and their own motives. Use this as a chance to start examining their own long term goals. It could develop into a city-ruling scenario like Sword-dancer suggested. The best campaigns are those driven by the players.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

a splugorth isn't that hard we did it with a group of regular humans

and a thermonuclear bomb
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Scrud
Explorer
Comment: Truth is subjective, which is the very reason I must rely on you to make the right choice.
Location: Alone pondering whether or not I'm a Dopplaganger or not, whether or not I'm doing the right thing

Unread post by Scrud »

willism28 wrote:Kobolds. A lot of kobolds.

I'd say its worth a shot
-Floops of the Megaverse beware, Scrud the Flooper Slayer is on the Prowl

Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

Rimmerdal wrote:
Mephisto wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Chuck Norris.

Chuck Norris' teeth could blind a God, but he never smiles.

you know what you have started right?

PC's may walk on water, but Chuck Norris walks on Player Characters.

Chuck Norris once shot down a Deaths Head Transport, by pointing his finger and saying "Boom". :mrgreen:

Back on track, just get them to mess with Naruni.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

The trick in making things harder on players, are not bigger and badder bad guys, but having them in larger numbers.

When I want to instill fear into my players :D I like Mechanoids. They're the best thing, even better than Old Ones or AIs. Why? Because they know I won't shove an AI or an Old One down their throat. Mechanoids on the other hand, they're killable individually but surprisingly have a high player kill rate :D

I've also created a group of my own hand brewed enemies with strange abilities that truly mess players up. Enemies that phase in and out of the astral realm and have astral swords that will bypass armor and body and wound the person's very soul. Enemies that only become as aggressive and powerful as the players become, and a handful of others.

The books are a great resource, but sometimes if you want to really throw the players off... sit down and just make up your own. Remember. More MDC doesn't mean more difficult.
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Have your players ever gone up against a demon planet from the Three Galaxies sourcebook?
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Adventus
Wanderer

Unread post by Adventus »

They will have people coming after them to take them down so they can build thier own reputation as a BADASS[sub]tm[/sub]. Every would be bad ass is going to be on their trail. Everywhere they go they are hassled by a frightened sheriff or police to please leave before the really BAD THINGS [sub]tm[/sub] come looking for them. They will be betrayed by their 'friends' and npcs at every turn because they don't want to be caught in the crossfire. There will no place for them to rest. The Coalition wants to either 'talk' to them or just slay them as the demonic monsters they are. If they go somewhere like the city from PSY-SCAPE they will be pressured to leave because no one wants the trouble they will bring just by being there.

This willl use up their resources very fast as they will constantly be on the run without a safe haven. They are now a PRESENCE[sub]TM[/sub] AND EVERY POWERFUL BEING[sub]tm[/sub] in RIFTS is aware of them and either want to ally with them or kill them or both. The Player characters are in the middle of the war being fought over them.

Even though the Splugorth was exiled and weak, doesn't mean the rest of the Splugorth will take the killing of one of their own lightly. They do have a reputation to uphold after all. They are BIG BADASSES with lesser bad asses working for them. They will be hunting down the characters to kill them to prove noone and I mean NOONE kills a SPULGORTH!! and get away with it. and if they kill another then the big guns come out and the Splugorth start calling in alll the favors they have received over the millenia and have major badasses go after them as well as the leaders of Splugorth put out an obscenely ridiculous bounty on their heads. I mean what wanna-be badass would not JUMP at the chance to be a GOD?!

It should be a blast if you pace it correctly. start with wanna bes and work up to major badasses about midway they the campaign let them find out about the obscenely ridiculous bounty on their heads.

HAVE FUN!

Return to “G.M.s Forum”