Silver based anti-vampire weapons for Glitter Girl Armor?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Balabanto
Champion

Re: Silver based anti-vampire weapons for Glitter Girl Armor?

Unread post by Balabanto »

Mount a boom gun on it, since it's possible, and use converted rail gun rounds.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

http://www.kitsune.addr.com/Rifts/Rifts ... Rounds.htm Here is the only source I know of for them.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Seneca
Explorer
Comment: When choosing between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Unread post by Seneca »

A silver plated vibro-knife and a NGR borg rail gun used as a rifle with wooden ammo is the easiest conversion.

Or you could mount a super soaker to a large water tank on the back.
What books I would like to see:
RIFTS-Japan 2, England 2, Africa 2, China 3, Lazlo (PLEASE!!)
Phase World- The Galactic Tracers Sourcebook
A RIFTS video game RPG/Shooter like Fallout 3
Balabanto
Champion

What kind of boom gun? A standard GB boom gun! It fires railgun type rounds. See the Glitter Girl armor description. You can have a Glitter Girl with a standard Boom Gun. And let me tell you, 90 MPH + Boom Gun hurts. A lot.

That kind of mobility along with a Boom Gun makes many people scream.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

The glitter boys in the description of Demon Busters in the book Mercenaries has stats for wooden boom gun rounds.

good for spreading a vamp across a few states or offing intelligences from a safe distance.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

In our game our Glitter girl uses two K-9 robot dog companions for new west with plated silver teeth and duel ion blasters. In south America 2 theres a glitter boy made for girls call glitter boy 7 and instead of a boomgun it comes with a high powered laser, a large gatling gun and another small laser system, plus does not need the pylon system to fire its weapons. The gatling gun deals 3D6X10 M.D., but could be great for using alternative ammo such as U-rounds, silver and wooden rounds. Search lights with a cross in front of it also hurts vampires and the Naruni Ripper Vibro-Sword from Naruni Second Wave 2 deals 3D6 M.D. and is silver-coated.
Last edited by runebeo on Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Just get some silver or wood rounds for the GGs usual main gun.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Ajax wrote:Well since the glitter-girl packs a slug-thrower of sorts and mini-missiles. Why not load silver-fragmentation mini-missiles as well as silver rounds in its main gun. The main gun does 2d6MDC, or 2d6x100sdc with a silver round means a vampire would take 4d6x100hp damage? Wheeeeee, gooey splatters!
Still wouldn't kill it, though. ;)
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Vrykolas2k
Champion

cornholioprime wrote:
Ajax wrote:Well since the glitter-girl packs a slug-thrower of sorts and mini-missiles. Why not load silver-fragmentation mini-missiles as well as silver rounds in its main gun. The main gun does 2d6MDC, or 2d6x100sdc with a silver round means a vampire would take 4d6x100hp damage? Wheeeeee, gooey splatters!

Silver shrapnel would have a greater chance of killing, I'd think...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Balabanto
Champion

Uh, every time my players fight vampires, it turns into a colossal globe of daylight/watergun mowdown. It's not all that fearsome until you put them in deadboy armor and give them things like PA. Then it becomes screamy.
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Here's something I'd like to run by everyone...

High-powered flashlights aimed at the GG that is covered with taped on/painted on crosses.

considering the disco-ball effect that would happen...you have a anti-vampire death blossom.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Pox wrote:Here's something I'd like to run by everyone...

High-powered flashlights aimed at the GG that is covered with taped on/painted on crosses.

considering the disco-ball effect that would happen...you have a anti-vampire death blossom.

The image of the cross would not be maintained in the "disco ball effect". So really you would have a lot of dead PC's..... :eek:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

Greyaxe wrote:
Pox wrote:Here's something I'd like to run by everyone...

The image of the cross would not be maintained in the "disco ball effect". So really you would have a lot of dead PC's..... :eek:

I didn't mean it literally, but it was the closest thing I could think of beside the death-blossom for the possible 360 coverage the chromium armor with Cross appliques would provide.

Like I said...it was just a thought.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

vampire's can't die from Silver, period, it only hurts them.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Could have sworn silver lodged in the heart would do the trick on them...

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
cornholioprime wrote:

Could have sworn silver lodged in the heart would do the trick on them...

Vampires don't die from having it lodged in their heart, they are only placed into a Coma and will be fully revived 15 seconds after it's removed.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Well, if you want to nit-pick, chop off their heads and all of that crap while they're in the coma...

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Vrykolas2k wrote:Well, if you want to nit-pick, chop off their heads and all of that crap while they're in the coma...

Still have to burn it too.

I'm not nitpicking--if you don't they WILL be back to haunt you

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

A comatose vampire is a very important step on the way to a dead vampire, though.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:Well, if you want to nit-pick, chop off their heads and all of that crap while they're in the coma...

Unless you leave them in the sun, whilst they're in their coma.
I floored a gm with that one... we staked or otherwise incapacitated about 20 vampires outside one time, and he had us being attacked by the same ones the next night... I asked if vampires were immune to the sun while incapacitated, and after he got over his momentary shock, he fixed it with, "You wake up from your nightmare, and everything is fine."

Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I floored a gm with that one... we staked or otherwise incapacitated about 20 vampires outside one time, and he had us being attacked by the same ones the next night... I asked if vampires were immune to the sun while incapacitated, and after he got over his momentary shock, he fixed it with, "You wake up from your nightmare, and everything is fine."

And you assume you were fighting them in an open feild? You usually fight them indoors in my experiance, not to mention if you just leave them some other vampires will probablly come out to save them.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

In my experience small arms with fragmenting hollow points designed to lodge in the body (either wood or silver) in small arms (pistols, assault rifles and sub machine guns) are the best way by far to take down a vampire. After you have gotten the undead beastie into negative hit points with your rifle you have a melee/primitive weapons trained guy run up and do the staking.

Rail guns simply over-penetrate leaving a regenerating vampire and almost never staking them. In addition they tend to be so large that fighting with them indoors is often awkward because of the length of most rail guns.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

rat_bastard wrote:In my experience small arms with fragmenting hollow points designed to lodge in the body (either wood or silver) in small arms (pistols, assault rifles and sub machine guns) are the best way by far to take down a vampire.

Yea, just look where small arms got t-rex. :p
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Natasha wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:In my experience small arms with fragmenting hollow points designed to lodge in the body (either wood or silver) in small arms (pistols, assault rifles and sub machine guns) are the best way by far to take down a vampire.

Small Arms, Big @#$%ing teeth! Its feared and its buddies never ask it to help them move, the T-rex made out pretty good.
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

rat_bastard wrote:
Natasha wrote:

Small Arms, Big @#$%ing teeth! Its feared and its buddies never ask it to help them move, the T-rex made out pretty good.

Was my pun so lame? :-(
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Natasha wrote:
rat_bastard wrote:
Natasha wrote:

Was my pun so lame? :-(

It was able bodied enough to support a joke, if your pun was handicapped, than at least it was handy-capable.

:P
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

One of the things that I never really got was the whole projectile in the vampire thing. Won't it just turn to mist, let the stake, silver etc. fall out and then just reform and heal naturally? I would.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

The Galactus Kid wrote:One of the things that I never really got was the whole projectile in the vampire thing. Won't it just turn to mist, let the stake, silver etc. fall out and then just reform and heal naturally? I would.

if it can concentrate sure, but lodging wood or silver causes extreme pain in the vampire. Also a burst from many assault rifles would do 2d6x10 hit points, so many vamps struck would be at negative hit points with a harmful substance lodged in their bodies possibly inhibiting regeneration.
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

And you assume you were fighting them in an open feild? You usually fight them indoors in my experiance, not to mention if you just leave them some other vampires will probablly come out to save them.

With that lair, there weren't any vampires left to save them.
We destroyed the houses they'd been using for shelter, and drove off everyone from the town who served them.

runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

The cost would be high for silver ammo, it much more inexpensive to use wood ammo since silver hurts vampires, but wood also hurts them and has a chance of impaling the heart and incapacitating them till its removed or the sun comes out and destroy them. Wood is just so much simpler to use and vampires are a way bigger threat & numerous in Rifts than Werebeasts. Cross search light deals great damage against vampires and thats really cheap ammo. The bounties on vampires is only 100 to 1000 in the south west, so you want to keep cost down since theres a good chance your equipment is going to take some heavy damage when hunting theses powerful predators.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Silver in the heart incapacitates vampires as well...
There is also no apprecaible difference between a lead/tin alloy bullet and a silver one.
Trust me, I reload enough to know. And I have made some silver bullets just for kicks.

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Glitter Gal wrote:So, does anyone have a silver ammo conversion cost for the Glitter Girl's two main weapons?

Wait a minute, isn't the Glitter Girl's assault rifle a LASER assault rifle?

If so, damn, is there a mega damage assault shrapnel rifle or something that I could use?

The mini-missiles seem easy to convert but I really don't want to weigh my Glitter Girl's armor down with a full fledged Glitter Boy's boom gun. Isn't there something smaller than would work that's silver ammunition based and it would still do mega damage?

as far as bullets go silver bullets cost double.

Return to “Rifts®”