Favorite Animals

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rali
Hero

Re: Favorite Animals

Unread post by Rali »

Psychic cat's where it's at.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

For my personal PC I'm prone to play something feline like Leopards, Lynx, Jaguar, and Cougars (though I'm not a big fan of Lions and Tigers). I've had the same Snow Leopard for a PC for a long time, about the time Rifts came out IIRC.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

Ferrets/Weasels. They are the best. Especially if you are using original rules, as i do.
verdilak
Adventurer

macksting wrote:I thought ferrets were under the Mink & Marten listing. Has that changed in AtB2?

In TMNT, before the revised, Ferrets were listed with Weasels i believe. I will double check when I get home.
verdilak
Adventurer

macksting wrote:Interesting. On further examination, I'm not sure where I got the impression ferrets were covered by either, because in my revised edition, ferrets aren't mentioned in either the Marten or Weasel entry. Not in the index list at the bottom of the Wolverine page.
Perhaps I misread.

I may be missing it as well. But Ferrets and Weasels are often mistaken for one another so that may just be my assumption that Ferrets are considered Weasels in the original.
tundro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by tundro »

I tend to like the bigger animals...cattle, horses, buffalo, moose...those sort of animals. I have a fondness for gorillas and bears, also. Not very exotic, but I like 'em all the same.
gordyzx9r
Hero

Unread post by gordyzx9r »

duck-foot wrote:
macksting wrote:
duck-foot wrote:..... and pleasure bunnies

Do I want this explained? I'm scared.

'
rabbits that have been engineered to look like hot humans

I think it's a little more involved than that...they can give off certain pheromones that have different effects, as well as a very limited shape shifting ability that allows them to alter their appearance by shifting body fat around. In the description is talks about being bred as sex toys, but IMO they make better assassins.
"Select the facts and you manipulate the truth!" - Calvin & Hobbes
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

Ziggurat wrote:TMNT & OS: Weasel
Transdimensional TMNT : Paraceratherion or Pachycephalosaurus. Always a tough choice...
Road Hogs: Gila Monster
Muties Down Under: Rat Kangaroo
Yucatan: Fir De Lance
Avalon: Uh.. no real favourite here.. maybe the Slow Worm maybe a shire horse.
Muties in Orbit: Definately customized insects. Preferably Beetles.
Have AtB2, refuse to play it. Chimeras... ultimate munchkin mutants... :P

I'll stick with the original series thanx. The only reason I have atB2 was that I got it for free at a convention!

And who said you've to play chimaeras. Apart few, you can play astraightforward normal animal, plus the vestigial trait. Have you read it? from what you say seem like you never opene and tlak only about rumors. Infact the main problem there is no way to play a true chimera.Give it a chance , also most animals are greatly upgraded AtB2 is cool give it a chance, cooome on, cooome on :D
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Mechanurgist
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: With the right gems [a techno-wizard] can make a toaster that resurrects people!

Unread post by Mechanurgist »

I love, LOVE the Cuscus from Mutants Down Under, and the Dingo, the Rat, and the Weasel are my favorites to play. When I get to play AtB, which is almost never.
New After the Bomb Adventure: Rendezvous in N'Yak
Old After the Bomb Adventure: Northern Lights
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

macksting wrote:In the interest of trying to determine best fit, ferrets are unpleasantly stinky to humans. Mink are, as well. Are weasels? (If so, this isn't a meaningful question.)
Also note, if ferrets are in AtB2, that covers them without any of this discussion on my part. :)

My two ferrets don't reek. Most of the ones you get these days are from one of two farms in the US. They're all descented before they leave the farms. You just have to clean their cage every day. People leave them in the cages for weeks with weeks worth of poop and that's why many smell. But so would your dog. lol

But yes, the entire family has the musk glands. They're family mustelid, which covers Ferrets, polecats, Badgers, otters, wolverines, and weasels.

Skunks used to be in this family but recently (( scientifically speaking)) They were given their own family, Mephitidae.

You might notice in AtB2, that there is a flaw in there for musk glands. Optional. It's up to you if you take it or if your "mutant" evolved not to have them.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Thyfur wrote:Ferrets to my impression are a sort of domesticated Weasel. While doing research for Martens, Minks, Stoats, Weasels and Ferrets the big impression I got was that they are all very similar. Almost, but not quite subspecies. It is strange to think that Ferrets have been domesticated for a good 1000+ years. When I think of domesicated species I think of dogs, goats, sheep, horses, cattle, cats, and so on. Ferrets and rodents are at the bottom of my list.

Weasels are actually ALOT smaller than domesticated ferrets (( which are from asia originally)

Coincidentally the black footed ferret, which looks ALOT like the domestic ferret, and is endangered, is not domesticated. And is native to the US, and uses prairie dogs as it's primary food source (( Can you say natural opponents to the prairie dog impg? ))

But weasels are smaller (( both kinds)). Mink are bigger than ferrets. Martens are bigger than mink. Badgers are just built different. Wolverines are the biggest in the family.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Dolcet
Wanderer

Unread post by Dolcet »

My favorite is the badger partialy because i drew up a badger character who had a copy of the movie dogma & thought it was a religious documentary. His battle cry was "snooch to the nooch!" just like Jay yelled in the fight scene. but mostly becaues i like badgers
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Don't they have fluffy tails?

ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

I LOVE Porcupines for the fun of a group name.
Our group was all porcupines.
The Untouchables :)
Rali
Hero

Unread post by Rali »

Pepsi Jedi wrote:Don't they have fluffy tails?

Only if they buy the vestigial trait.
AtB Warehouse Blog (New Animals, Adventures, Bestiary, and More)

That's REAL LIFE. I'm talking PALLADIUM. Confuse the two at your own peril :)
~Nekira Sudacne
VR Dragon
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by VR Dragon »

I just have a spoft spot for big old animals, they just seem to get kind of a raw deal.

Bears: Polar and Grizzly
Horses: Drafts like the Shire Horse
Others: like Rhinos, Elephants, Gorillas

Everyone seems to favor the felines likes lions and tigers. Give me the underdog types.

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”