What do you think are the 10 best Enchantments for weapons?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

What do you think are the 10 best Enchantments for weapons?

Unread post by gaby »

Tell me what do you think are the 10 Best Enchantments for Magic Weapons in Palladium Fantasy and Why?

What do you think are the 10 best Magic items (Non-Weapons) in Palladium Fantsay and Why?
Goliath Strongarm
Hero

Re: What do you think are the 10 best Enchantments for weapons?

Unread post by Goliath Strongarm »

Personally, my favorite enchantment in PF has always been to have an item magically colored.

It's cheap, so can be gotten early on (usually after first adventure, or during second), it qualifies it as a magic item, and it's easily replaced.

Besides, with the right color, it can be just plain swanky.
--
GS
Galadriel in leather! Yayayayayayaya!
>>>----Therumancer--->

Well, hang on to your seats boys and girls, but I agree with GS-Veknironth

[Goliath baiting]Hey, according to my copy of Yin-Sloth Jungles, they came out in 1995. Didn't you get your copies?[/Golaith baiting]-MrNexx, regarding the OK books

People don't like it when searching through a website is a pain in the butt (even if it's a proctology website)-Uncle Servo
UR Leader Hobbes
Adventurer

Unread post by UR Leader Hobbes »

Considering you can only put three enchantments on a weapon... I would have to go with the following..

Invisible weapon (Gives you bonuses due to foe not being able to see it.)
Spits lightning. (More damage than spits fire and less creatures are resistant to lightning.)
Turns holder invisible. (Can't hit what you can't see)

So you and the weapon vanish and all of a sudden your foe is being blasted with blasts of lightning. So your looking at 9d6+18 before you actually have to get into close quarters with your foe.

If you want something a bit more nasty than go for the ones in the Western Empire book..
Super-Sharpness (Drops the number you need for a critical hit by 2 and gives you +4 to damage.)
Armor Piercing (Now the weapon can't be stopped by AR of creatures or body armor. Any hit that isn't parried or dodged is doing damage!)
Physical Transferal (Any HP & SDC damage you inflict gets added to your own HP & SDC!)

You get this weapon and it's simo attacks all the way! Forget about dodging or blocking. He hits you and you hit back stealing your foes HPs. He hits you again and you only lose the stolen HPs, so you hit him again to steal even more!

A nice assassin weapon would have
Infectious wounds
Teleports to wielder
Venomblade
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

UR Leader Hobbes wrote:
Invisible weapon (Gives you bonuses due to foe not being able to see it.)
Spits lightning. (More damage than spits fire and less creatures are resistant to lightning.)
Turns holder invisible. (Can't hit what you can't see)

I would play that when the weapon turns you invisible the weapon is included as well so you could add another to that lot!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

I like eternally sharp blade,Returns to wielder when thrown and Blinding flash.

Come on thers need to be more right?
AaronCE
D-Bee

Unread post by AaronCE »

Gotta throw in on Demon and/or Devil Slayer. If you encounter a significant amount of the Demon/Devil beasties, it's a significant asset. (Summoner, Summoner-hunting, minions of evil warlords..)

~A

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”