Dimesion sizes per Dragons and gods 2nd Ed

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

linhvo
D-Bee

Dimesion sizes per Dragons and gods 2nd Ed

Unread post by linhvo »

In Dragon and Gods Second Edition it talks about different Deific realms being different sizes. I am guessing because of power levels and the power level of those that reside there. For instance in Dragons and Gods it lists Hades as being Heroic thats is the same size as the Palladium world and I am assuining Rifts Earth and the three galaxys. There were three sizes the realm of Ma'ip (Gods of Light and Dark) and the realm that Algor lives in is listed as Colossal. There was a third i dont remeber what Kevin called it. The book specifically listed Dyval as being this in between size. Yet in either Hades or Dyval books this fact is not mentioned? is that because it is a PFRPG thing or is this a megaverse thing?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
Thanks
James Kirk: "Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." -- 1966-2006
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Re: Dimesion sizes per Dragons and gods 2nd Ed

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

The sizes and dimensional make-up were done according to Megaverse Builder. Each is a pocket dimension. As for size, you are correct I didn't use the size references in Dragons and Gods. I don't think that nullifies what was in D&G. I suppose you could just consider them a size reference from a different tome?

Hope this helps or clarifies.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

I've been thinking about doing a MB 2, but I need to let the ideas brew for a while. Create Pocket Dimension, could be part of the Dimensional Mage's spells or abilities!!!

Carl
ImageImage
thedrunk
Explorer
Comment: Friendly Fire™
"Combat With a Smile"
A Ensite Para-Military Corperation

Unread post by thedrunk »

Carl Gleba wrote:I've been thinking about doing a MB 2, but I need to let the ideas brew for a while. Create Pocket Dimension, could be part of the Dimensional Mage's spells or abilities!!!

Carl
in rifter #3 the spatial mage has the capability to create pocket Dimensions I would love ot have that O.C.C expanded with rules for certian features. the rule system was vague and left a lot to the GM.
"when in doubt, do it. It's much easier to appolige than to get permission."
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I think it would be very interesting to see that spell too. Although I do think that if a mortal found it, and had the resources they should be able to cast the spell. Even if it was only a human wizard.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

It is quite funny, since non-magic user can contribute to a spell/ritual with their PPE,
so a shaman/high priest and a LOT of beleivers can create a Heaven. Or Hell, for that
matter.

Nicely fits into the "sleeping kings" myths.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
linhvo
D-Bee

Unread post by linhvo »

Thanks Carl. BTW it seems that this thread has taken a life of it own in the digression here.
James Kirk: "Mr. Spock, the women on your planet are logical. That's the only planet in the galaxy that can make that claim." -- 1966-2006
Carl Gleba

Re: Dimension sizes per Dragons and gods ND Ed

linhvo wrote:Thanks Carl. BTW it seems that this thread has taken a life of it own in the digression here.

Yeah they usually do linhvo :lol:

Feel free to steer it back.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Still we could use the spells someday. Hopefully you'll be able to put some in the Minion Wars books that are yet to come out.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

How is that possible Gadrin? I don't think I've ever heard of a forum that badly run.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”