What do you want to see in a Dead Reign Sourcebooks?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What is MOST important to you in a DR sourcebook?

More Zombies!
6%
New OCCs
19%
Ideas and tools for building adventures
50%
Equipment stats
25%

Total votes: 32

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

What do you want to see in a Dead Reign Sourcebooks?

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Now that you have been playing Dead Reign for a few months...

1) What do you feel is missing in the core book that you want to see in the sourcebook?

2) What ideas in the core book do you want to see expanded and developed further?

3) What fun stuff from zombie movies would you want to see incorporated into Dead Reign?
gaaahhhh
Dungeon Crawler

Re: What do you want to see in a Dead Reign Sourcebooks?

Unread post by gaaahhhh »

Adventure ideas/building tools first. Then More OCCs and Zombies, and finally equipment. I think a little bit of each can go into a sourcebook, but those are my priorities.
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

In order here is what I want.

1. Ideas and tools for building adventures
2. Equipment stats
3. New OCCs
4. More Zombies!

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

for me d ) all the above :-D
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

All of the above, though more zombies could be a lesser priority... how many variations of dead people could there be?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I'd like information on survivors strongholds and I know animals are not effected by the plague, but I'd still like see some have limited breakouts among them. A network of bomb shelters like in Fallout 3 could give the game a extra feeling of hope and access to tools to reclaim the world one day.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Zombie Strippers free DVD with every book.

With smellavision and a free puke bucket with ever order.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Vrykolas2k wrote:All of the above, though more zombies could be a lesser priority... how many variations of dead people could there be?

A LOT :D
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

ZINO wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:All of the above, though more zombies could be a lesser priority... how many variations of dead people could there be?

Yes each Zombie is unique in its own special way.... :puke:
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Greyaxe wrote:
ZINO wrote:

Yes each Zombie is unique in its own special way.... :puke:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dethsor
D-Bee

Unread post by Dethsor »

I'm not too sure if it would be sufficient for a whole sourcebook, but I think that a good run-down on a small town would be good. Even if there was downloadable content (eg: the maps be available as jpgs).

I'm in the process of creating a small coastal town to run my gaming group through as the next campain we are going to play. It takes a fair amount of time (as most of your would know) - but would be really helped along if there were things that could be dropped straight in (eg: plans of a small hospital, small school, apartment blocks, different designs for houses, small shopping complexes [small mall even]). This would make things much easier to brew our own campaigns.

A.

PS: Much thanks for a great system/setting. I've been waiting for a good zombie-apocalypse system for ages... Gives me a great reason to rewatch all the zombie greats (again).
Vidynn
Adventurer

Unread post by Vidynn »

adventures, setting-ideas and NPCs.
"My own big mouth causes me trouble too. You see, people are always asking me what 'I want' to do next or have planned for the future. Like an idiot, I blather on about some idea I've been kicking around or I'm dying to do."

- From the desk of Kevin Siembieda, The Rifter 12.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about man-eating skeletons?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

More on the Half-Living & New Suvivors Classes. International Space Station Safe Haven or Zombies in Space. Half-Zombie/Were Zombie is a Zombie that can metamophosis into a Human & back to a Zombie again at will, it can infiltrate safe havens. Ape Zombies there close geneticly to Humans.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
GaredBattlespike
Adventurer

Unread post by GaredBattlespike »

Greetings!
For me, I would like to see (in order)...
1) Adventure ideas, especially HL&S style!
2) Equipment Stats of real world gear. This way I will know how much damage 3 lbs of Commercial Demo Explosives will do as I set up the Zombies for an ambush...hehehe!
3) More Zombies, like the Combined! Think of what would happen if several infected get crushed together from some accident (All hit by an out of control Big Rig, or in garbage compactor-industrial size).
4) New OCC's. Really not needed, as the Survivor covers pretty much everything not otherwise graced with it's own OCC. Though maybe an expansion of types of Survivor could be useful.
"Save ARCHIE, save the world..."
-----------------------------
-Sigging of rungok-
-Scenario 2-
(Demon 1):Woah, the hell happened to you?
(Demon 2):got my ass kicked by some guy with a knife and a handgun
(Demon 1):What? you gotta be kidding me!
(Demon 2):Thats what i was thinking...

anapuna wrote:
i rarely play a mage, but when i do... i do what GaredBattlespike does.

or i am a TW.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

No more zombie types, what we have is good enough. I would like more world info, along with some more M.O.S. for the military types. And more occupations for the Survivor OCC. Some more (correct)equipment info.
MrTwist
Hero

Unread post by MrTwist »

What would I want? Ideas for adventures in settings specific to Dead Reign, not just zombie themed stuff in general. Organized death cult operations, old testing labs for that Altrucure stuff, or maybe a mission to reclaim a small town(Reapers?).

New types of zombies aren't all that necessary; the basics have already been covered. Improvised weapon rules would be nice.

Actually, now that I think about it, having some rules regarding modifying vehicles with weaponry might be really cool to see. I'm thinking of how some recent zombie movies show people modifying vans and such to mow down zombies, keep them at bay, and keep the people inside safe. Come up with a list of improvised armor and weaponry, and maybe include some mass combat rules.

I haven't read the supplement, and only skimmed through the main book, so it's possible there might be this stuff already in there. If not, the vehicle part would be a nice Rifter article. If I get some time, maybe I'll work on something.
"Do you even know what the word theory means? You must think it means '**** that you make up'."
---Penn Jillette

Return to “Dead Reign™”