What's your dream team?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: What's your dream team?

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Anthar wrote:
Ice Dragon wrote:I present my Transdimensional Threat Termination Team (aka T4)

Stuart; Ice Dragon Hatchling; Level 9; Greater Rune Sword, Splugorth Talisman of Armor, Millennium Tree Staff of Life
    Anexa; Demigodess-Amazon; Level 3; Holy Sword, Splugorth Talisman of Armor
    Tank; Full Conversion Borg; Level 5; WI-23 Missile Lauchner, Triax Borg Rail Gun
    José Gutéress; Anti-Monster; Level 5; NG-E12 Hvy Plasma Ejector
    Edward Maywether; Earth Child; Level 3
    Grawl; Wolfen Wilderness Scout; Level 4; Major Psionic (Physical)
    Lassie; German Shepard Dog Boy; Level 2
    Arosia; Silver Bell Fairy; Level 6
    Jasmin; Werepanther; Level 3
    Mary O’Donell; Techno Wizard; Level 3; Mystic Power Armor, TW Flaming Sword

Nice. :ok:

Thx :-D
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

D-Rock wrote:One of my favorite teams:

-"Dormoru", a human Ley Line Walker, very knowledgable and useful
-"The Librarian", a superhero rifted from the Heroes Unlimited universe, using the magic sword (magic weapon template) that bestows supernatural strength, healing, tongues, mystic shield etc.
-"Saskamasquanish" (or "Samsquanch", or just plain "Sam"), a Worldly Sasquatch with a big railgun.
-"Rodriguez", a South American supernatural hunting Cyborg
-"Chase", an operator with a sweet converted CS apc/motor home
-"Gumdrop", a hatchling dragon
-"Sir Durandal", a cyber knight
-"Twitch", a standard juicer and team sniper
-"Sergeant Evertree", a former CS Special Forces soldier.
-"Brhode", the team's mind bleeder psychic

Funny story, one time part of the group went into a town being harrassed by some CS SAMAS's. The GM had his SAMAS pilot harrass some D-Bees, and the pilot was talking about his railgun. He was spouting off statistics, mostly about the rate of fire and what it would do to a D-Bee, when he said, "The only things that can dodge this thing are Cyber Knights, Juicers and Dragons! I'd like to see you try!"

That was when Sir Durandal (Cyber Knight), Twitch (Juicer) and Gumdrop (Hatchling Dragon) came out to confront the SAMAS. :-)

"Dang..." The SAMAS pilot cursed just before the fight began.

Cool, stylin' sword swingers.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

1. Marius... Godling, Son of Herakles and Ishtar with a greater rune sword gladius and rune armor gift from Hephaestus. Master psi powers

2. Justin case... trans dimentional Cosmoknight who was plucked from 1969 VietNam by the Forge. Developed and affinity for Naruni tech heavy weapons.

3. Mark Moro... Mega Juicer Greatest rune mace named skull buster magic amulet which would confer immortality to others. It delays last call for him active ten years with no last call effects

4. Holy Terror... Big Bob called biggun by his friends. Only carries one weapon, which is a gift from Zeus for helping Marius defend Olympus a giant Millenium Tree staff of defence. All standard abilities plus grows to accomidate his size.

5. Sea titan demi goddess... Diana draper daughter of Athena and sea titan David Draper has magic ablities from her mother (line walker) and is a master psionic (father's side)

6. Whiplash... HU2 megahero with sonic speed and elasticity along with the extra mdc mega power.

All 10th level and armed to the teeth. They are technically mercs however, they are very picky about their clients, only taking on noble causes.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

Jay05 wrote:1. Marius... Godling, Son of Herakles and Ishtar with a greater rune sword gladius and rune armor gift from Hephaestus. Master psi powers

2. Justin case... trans dimentional Cosmoknight who was plucked from 1969 VietNam by the Forge. Developed and affinity for Naruni tech heavy weapons.

3. Mark Moro... Mega Juicer Greatest rune mace named skull buster magic amulet which would confer immortality to others. It delays last call for him active ten years with no last call effects

4. Holy Terror... Big Bob called biggun by his friends. Only carries one weapon, which is a gift from Zeus for helping Marius defend Olympus a giant Millenium Tree staff of defence. All standard abilities plus grows to accomidate his size.

5. Sea titan demi goddess... Diana draper daughter of Athena and sea titan David Draper has magic ablities from her mother (line walker) and is a master psionic (father's side)

6. Whiplash... HU2 megahero with sonic speed and elasticity along with the extra mdc mega power.

All 10th level and armed to the teeth. They are technically mercs however, they are very picky about their clients, only taking on noble causes.

Really nice team! Something my squad wouldn't mind sinking its teeth into lol!
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

I have no actual characters made up like many of you seem to but, 1) A Jeridu Battle Magus with Major psionics. 2) A freeborn Battle Cat(Leopard) Battle Magus. 3) An Achilles Neo-Human. 4) A Rahu-Man Head-Hunter,the Robot Slammer variant. 5)A Malvoren, wearing a Flying Titan. 6) A Psi-Ghost, who been trained in Ninjutsu from N&SS(not the toned down Rifts version,thank you) 7)A Full Conversion Borg,probably with the VX 2020 Monster chassis from Triax, with two additional arms, and a FIWS on each one, plus a jet pack. 8) A Gridsmith. These guys are from Rifter 13, and they are sort of like TWs, except instead of building magic powers into devices, they build HU style super powers into them. 9) A Rogue Scholar or possibly Scientist, with HU superpowers; I am not sure which ones I would give him, but they would be more low key,since we already have lots of powerhouses. 10) An Immortal(Angel) Mega-Hero, just because it would scare demons.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Captain Shiva wrote:I have no actual characters made up like many of you seem to but, 1) A Jeridu Battle Magus with Major psionics. 2) A freeborn Battle Cat(Leopard) Battle Magus. 3) An Achilles Neo-Human. 4) A Rahu-Man Head-Hunter,the Robot Slammer variant. 5)A Malvoren, wearing a Flying Titan. 6) A Psi-Ghost, who been trained in Ninjutsu from N&SS(not the toned down Rifts version,thank you) 7)A Full Conversion Borg,probably with the VX 2020 Monster chassis from Triax, with two additional arms, and a FIWS on each one, plus a jet pack. 8) A Gridsmith. These guys are from Rifter 13, and they are sort of like TWs, except instead of building magic powers into devices, they build HU style super powers into them. 9) A Rogue Scholar or possibly Scientist, with HU superpowers; I am not sure which ones I would give him, but they would be more low key,since we already have lots of powerhouses. 10) An Immortal(Angel) Mega-Hero, just because it would scare demons.

Nice group and I love the A Psi-Ghost, who been trained in Ninjutsu from N&SS idea. Thats how a true Rifts Ninja should be.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Ninjabunny wrote:
The Beast wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:My Dream team is ......Xy. :bandit: I win.

Not if we all stick you on our ignore list....

joke that's all that was, cause everyone knows Xy is now Thoth and is all but lost to the magic circle. :-)

Whose to say theres not another Xy in some parallel dimension, like the one temporal spell that can summon another versions of yourself, maybe a principled Xy could even be the big guy up stairs.
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

runebeo wrote:
Captain Shiva wrote:I have no actual characters made up like many of you seem to but, 1) A Jeridu Battle Magus with Major psionics. 2) A freeborn Battle Cat(Leopard) Battle Magus. 3) An Achilles Neo-Human. 4) A Rahu-Man Head-Hunter,the Robot Slammer variant. 5)A Malvoren, wearing a Flying Titan. 6) A Psi-Ghost, who been trained in Ninjutsu from N&SS(not the toned down Rifts version,thank you) 7)A Full Conversion Borg,probably with the VX 2020 Monster chassis from Triax, with two additional arms, and a FIWS on each one, plus a jet pack. 8) A Gridsmith. These guys are from Rifter 13, and they are sort of like TWs, except instead of building magic powers into devices, they build HU style super powers into them. 9) A Rogue Scholar or possibly Scientist, with HU superpowers; I am not sure which ones I would give him, but they would be more low key,since we already have lots of powerhouses. 10) An Immortal(Angel) Mega-Hero, just because it would scare demons.

Nice group and I love the A Psi-Ghost, who been trained in Ninjutsu from N&SS idea. Thats how a true Rifts Ninja should be.

If people complain about regular Psi-Ghosts, just think what their reaction to a Ninja who can walk thru would be. :twisted:
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

runebeo wrote:
Jay05 wrote:1. Marius... Godling, Son of Herakles and Ishtar with a greater rune sword gladius and rune armor gift from Hephaestus. Master psi powers

My team never actually been played in one game except Marius and Big Bob. They are all characters I've rolled up at one time or another, and they'd be a team if I ever use em as npc's. And actually your team looks like they could give my guys a run for their money!
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Since its a Ninja all is forgiven. Lots of people just love Ninjas and ones with super psionics & a super power would get popular very quickly.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Jay05 wrote:
runebeo wrote:

My team never actually been played in one game except Marius and Big Bob. They are all characters I've rolled up at one time or another, and they'd be a team if I ever use em as npc's. And actually your team looks like they could give my guys a run for their money!

Yes be a fun battle for my regular squad, but my Shifter Godling Squad with 4000 plus minion is the one I want to fight your team. Cast multiple Luck Curses on most of your group and add them to my squad and only two of your guys are immune. Better hope your Cosmo-Knight can blast my Mindolars before I get Impervious to Energy on them. Your megahero is the real threat to my team. Sure be fun to do an episode of World Greatest Warriors on this battle.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Question if a Godling is a Shifter and a Summoner would he gain both sets of minions for both classes? :D
Jay05
Adventurer

Unread post by Jay05 »

Yeah, that'd be a good time. And Yeah, Whiplash is pretty tough.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

This is my oldest group of player characters, with one or two new add ons.

Marie de Bois Gilbert, Human Battle Magus 7. Granddaughter of Joseph Prosek I's love affair with a mage. (See canon text if you don't believe me) Real name Anne Wycroft, but reads Ivanhoe to death. Commander. Key Weapons: Tricked out JA-12, lets Roarshack carry her around with a ton of invisibility spells up, Battle Fury Blade, but rarely engages in melee. Lets Kenshiro (Below) handle that.

Roarshack: Ice Dragon Hatchling 4. Joined the group and was promptly captured in South America by Alexander Duncson's corrupt advisers through a magic mirror. A long rescue from Duncson's prison in the City of Brass then ensued. Key Weapon: TW Timecrusher Watch, custom designed to allow him the mobility to use his flexibility.

Kenshiro: Cyber-Samurai 5. Encountered a group of demons in the foundations of one of his corporation's offices, wound up in North America. Second in Command. Key Weapons: Samurai Runeswords or TW Lightblade Swords with an astoundingly low ISP cost.

Jenifer: Elf Psyscape Mind Melter 5. Astoundingly attractive, a fantastic archer. Key Weapon: A magic bow that can parry missile volleys

Sir Justin: Phreaker Cyberknight 4. Looks like a Dogboy, but isn't. Key Weapons: Mokoloi Blade, Psi-Sword

(Name to be inserted later, PC only joined group recently):Quick Flex Alien Glitter Boy Pilot 4: Sarcastic, cranky, and ugly. Every team has one of these, right?
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Balabanto wrote:This is my oldest group of player characters, with one or two new add ons.

Marie de Bois Gilbert, Human Battle Magus 7. Granddaughter of Joseph Prosek I's love affair with a mage. (See canon text if you don't believe me) Real name Anne Wycroft, but reads Ivanhoe to death. Commander. Key Weapons: Tricked out JA-12, lets Roarshack carry her around with a ton of invisibility spells up, Battle Fury Blade, but rarely engages in melee. Lets Kenshiro (Below) handle that.

Roarshack: Ice Dragon Hatchling 4. Joined the group and was promptly captured in South America by Alexander Duncson's corrupt advisers through a magic mirror. A long rescue from Duncson's prison in the City of Brass then ensued. Key Weapon: TW Timecrusher Watch, custom designed to allow him the mobility to use his flexibility.

Kenshiro: Cyber-Samurai 5. Encountered a group of demons in the foundations of one of his corporation's offices, wound up in North America. Second in Command. Key Weapons: Samurai Runeswords or TW Lightblade Swords with an astoundingly low ISP cost.

Jenifer: Elf Psyscape Mind Melter 5. Astoundingly attractive, a fantastic archer. Key Weapon: A magic bow that can parry missile volleys

Sir Justin: Phreaker Cyberknight 4. Looks like a Dogboy, but isn't. Key Weapons: Mokoloi Blade, Psi-Sword

(Name to be inserted later, PC only joined group recently):Quick Flex Alien Glitter Boy Pilot 4: Sarcastic, cranky, and ugly. Every team has one of these, right?

Interesting, what is a Phreaker though? Are you talking about the mutants from Austrailia.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Wyrmbear wrote:My dream team?

A group of players who put enough thought, history, and energy into their characters to be able to answer with conviction and consistency any question about that character's life as if they had lived it, as well as breathe enough personality and Character into their characters as to make me ponder the sanity of the player.

Other than that, I could care less about what is played than how it is played.

Sick of the orphan story.
Sick of the cool lone wolf.
Sick of the shiny-toy people.

You mean like this?

HEX

Rune was born in Neuquén, Argentina, September 14, 2099. Rune’s mother Cordelia Valdez died during the birth of Rune and his triplet brothers Jon and Cory; all three are identical accept that Rune had blue eyes while the other two have brown eyes. Rune was raised by Martin & Marion Beo. Martin & Marion were both scientists & psychics working on the Achilles Project, they took Rune to live in city of Tolkeen in and in the family relocated to Psyscape over hundred and fifty years a go in hope of increasing their powers to more prepare their son for this dangerous world. After Rune spent nearly forty years there and his powers had reached a new plateau. He returned to Cordelia in the year 18 P.A.; there he severed his government as a secret agent for over eighty years.
His interest in other dimensions drew him to Atlantis with his first team of adventurers in the year 101 P.A. His team surrendered to a large raiding party of Blind Women, along the coast and became gladiators in Splynn’s arena the next day. After a few months he racked up quit a few victories in the arenas. His new owner was a Godling named Lady Hemme. She told him he could win his freedom by defeating Sir Killgrave. In that duel, Sir Killgrave’s arm was cut off, Hex claimed Killgrave’s ring as his prize that turned out to be a Ring of Elder which he later gave it to his fiancé Valhexa as her engagement ring.
While exploring the Black Forrest in Germany about twenty years ago in the year 90 P.A., Rune saved a caravan of gypsies. They were under attack by Gargoyles and Brodkills. The leader was impressed with Rune’s fighting spirit & range of abilities he displayed. He asked if Rune would take his daughter Valhexa to Tolkeen for magic training. After talking to Val by the fire later that night, he had a dream vision of her in some future war. She was fight against a gigantic creature and its minions. Her powers were very formable, so he took Val to the city of Lazlo. Engaged by the time they got to England, but she wanted to finish her training before they get married. Six years of exploring other worlds, Rune returned to see her in Lazlo. Valhexa asked Hex to join in on her quest to find Baldur’s key for Odin.
In 102 P.A., Rune & Valhexa joined up with Inkonni in Manoan. They had many adventures in North and South America. They formed the mercenary squad Hex Factor. They specialize in dealing with supernatural threats, covert rescue missions and known for being able to capture deadly fugitives alive. In 103 P.A., Rune sold his Sword of Atlantis for 500 million and bought four Juggernaut Heavy Hover Tank, two Hunter Mobile Gun and six Triax Glitter Boys to get the company off the ground. Hex Factor fought in Africa against the Four Horsemen, battled the demons of Wormwood, helped the New Navy make the Lord of the Deep flee Earth & had many run-ins with the Dark Templars from the Magic Zone.
Rune proves to have a versatile range of skills & powers, demonstrating advanced proficiency in fencing, hand to hand combat, piloting Star Dragon, espionage, sniper, and disguise. His combat prowess is so respected that he is recruited by the Achilles Republic, New Navy, NGR & General Cabot of CS government to accomplish tasks that are seemingly impossible. Cabot had Rune in the CS Psionic Training to greater hone his powers. As a leader of a small platoon Rune is an excellent tactician. He will not ask a man to sometime he would not do himself. He travels under cover as a powerful psychic healer & one of the star attractions in Full Moon Carnival’s gladiator arena.

Disposition: Rune is easy going, intelligent, confident and an enthusiastic leader. He has become a little paranoid because of the CS bounty on his head and the numerous enemies he has made over the last few years. Rune loves to drink & gamble with his teammates and raising some hell, often at the Coalition expense. Has an overwhelming desire to challenge powerful opponents to push his abilities to a higher level. This has made him seem cocky & foolhardy but he has defeated some heavy hitters in the past. He tries to offer mercy to most opponents and is reluctant to kill people he senses are not evil.
A rebel to the core, he outwardly dismisses authority of all kinds and has no qualms about breaking laws. He rarely speaks but is often acidic and sarcastic when he does.
Rune is crafty and devious, which aids his survival under constant danger. Although a loner, he attracts a number of colorful personalities during his adventures, many of whom attempt to escape their captivity with him. Despite a willingness to kill, he does not do it for enjoyment, killing only those that threaten him directly. He demonstrates a capacity for moral thinking, as demonstrated when he refuses to murder Colonel Raymond Deckerman even in self-defense because he understands his anger over the death of his two sons.
Rune married a Neo-Human named Rosa in 105 P.A., and she was pregnant soon after. A few months later, the CS Squad 49, captured Rosa and a group of troops beat, raped and killed Rosa. Rosa was attending a lakeside wedding ceremony in the out skirts of Tolkeen. Hex & Marhera wiped out most of the squad in the following weeks. This event caused Hex to decide to defend Tolkeen in the upcoming war against the Coalition. Ambrosia & Vince joined the team just before the war. After Rosa’s death, Rune suffered from a deep depression for nearly the entire length of the war. Then his feeling for Marhera the Raksasha turned serious after their time together stuck in the Palladium world. He now sees her as the perfect woman for him. “Why have one woman when she can become any woman.”
Vince Knight is his best friend and drinking buddy. Hex thinks of him as his little brother and very protective of him. The two have a blast together, always trying to out do each other like competing brothers. Inkonni is his oldest friend & traveling companion, but they have grown a little distant from each other over the last few years because of Ink’s dislike for Marhera & Vince, still Ink is the person he respects most and he is trusts with his dark secrets.
Valhexa Valdez is Rune’s second wife, but he was engaged to her first, lets just say he still hears about that one. They got married just two days before Tolkeen fell. It is an open marriage with both having many lovers, this has caused some problems in their relationship; both are deeply in love with each other. Rune is annoyed that Val’s wears a mind block ring so much, he knows she has some secrets and does not completely trust her.
Rune hides his last name Valdez because his bad falling out with his brothers, they both think of him as a deserter for leaving his nation to go out adventuring, while they both stay to ensure their mother‘s legacy lives on.

Contacts:

Captain Nemo-2, Commander of the New Navy. Nemo wishes to repay Hex Factor for their part in forcing Lord of the Deep out of this world. Nemo occasionally hires Hex Factor for their expertise in dealing with the supernatural.
Lady Hemme, a very rich business woman in Atlantis, who is a Godling and a daughter of Zeus. Hemme hires the squad for bodyguard services and bounty hunting jobs for Atlantis.
General Marshall Cabot, CS Military Counsel. Cabot has recruited Hex to investigate the Dark Templars, who have been getting a foothold in CS territories.
King Arr’thuu, King of Camelot. The King has great respect for Rune’s Squad for aiding him in his quest to rid the British Isles of the Fomorian Demons.

Known Enemies:

Sir Killgrave the general of the Dark Templars wants his Ring of Elder back from Valhexa. He wants to use the soul drinker axe on Hex. The Templars raided the Wrathguard guildhall in Tolkeen with Asa’s minions killing over thirty of the Rune’s troops. He devoured some of their souls that day. Hex is planning to take his axe from him and devour his soul for his crimes.
CS Colonel Raymond Deckerman along with his SAMAS squad wants to get revenge on Hex for his part in the disappearance of CS troops and Deckerman has strong CS resources to work with, but is an honorable soldier who still looking into the back story of his sons disappearances. The two young soldiers took part in the rape & murder of Rune’s wife and Marhera eat the men alive for their brutal crimes.
The Night Lord Asa & his demon lord wife Nesper, the pair has started a minor invasion in Western Europe a long with a portion of their minions. Odin has asked Hex to intervene & expose the Night Lords to the European people. Asa stole Baldur’s key from the Norse Giants and been using it to make three Gargoyle High Lords in the Gargoyle Nation serve him.
Arthur Knight leader of the Grim Reapers cult a vendetta against Hex Factor for their part in banishing the Four Horsemen from Earth.
The Olympian Club is hated by the Squad for joining the Gargoyle nation against NGR. Hex and Venus the Adventurer had a relationship, which has made Valhexa want to kill her.
The Dark Council has clashed a few times in the past. Ea, Enlil and Tiamat the Younger have started activities in Southern Europe, which has draw the Squad’s attention again.
Captain Greg Darross. Athena is Rune Beo’s daughter who was born prematurely when her mother Rosa Beo was rapes and murder by CS Squad 49. Athena was rescued by a CS Psi-Slayer Captain Greg Darross. Darross raised Athena in Chi-Town as his own daughter. During a clash with Deckerman’s forces Darross mind bonded with Rune and both discovered their Athena connection. Ambrosia kidnapped her from Chi-Town, which proved especially difficult since Athena’s Neo-Human powers were advanced from Darross extensive training and Ambrosia was forced to drug her before they could make their escape. Rune & Athena now have been reunited and have a somewhat rebellious relationship that is slowing growing now and secretly Athena is contacting Darross by radio and meetings with him at the carnival. He has been pumping her for information on Hex Factor’s actions. Athena if forced to choose between the two she would side with Darross against her father. She is a girl with a pure heart, yet she has been exposed to the CS propaganda machine for too long and seeing her father smuggling alien weapons, consorting with dangerous D-Bees, magic users and demons has greatly upset her, which will lead to a lot of conflicts between them in the near future.
Last edited by runebeo on Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Wyrmbear may be right my character is an orphan, but I didn't orphan him by choice the writers had his mother die in child birth and I just wanted him to be an original Neo-Human so he could be used in both Rifts and Chaos Earth, but he only a child in that time line.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

runebeo wrote:
Wyrmbear wrote:My dream team?

A group of players who put enough thought, history, and energy into their characters to be able to answer with conviction and consistency any question about that character's life as if they had lived it, as well as breathe enough personality and Character into their characters as to make me ponder the sanity of the player.

Other than that, I could care less about what is played than how it is played.

Sick of the orphan story.
Sick of the cool lone wolf.
Sick of the shiny-toy people.

You mean like this?

HEX

Rune was born in Neuquén, Argentina, September 14, 2099. Rune’s mother Cordelia Valdez died during the birth of Rune and his triplet brothers Jon and Cory; all three are identical accept that Rune had blue eyes while the other two have brown eyes. Rune was raised by Martin & Marion Beo. Martin & Marion were both scientists & psychics working on the Achilles Project, they took Rune to live in city of Tolkeen in and in the family relocated to Psyscape over hundred and fifty years a go in hope of increasing their powers to more prepare their son for this dangerous world. After Rune spent nearly forty years there and his powers had reached a new plateau. He returned to Cordelia in the year 18 P.A.; there he severed his government as a secret agent for over eighty years.
His interest in other dimensions drew him to Atlantis with his first team of adventurers in the year 101 P.A. His team surrendered to a large raiding party of Blind Women, along the coast and became gladiators in Splynn’s arena the next day. After a few months he racked up quit a few victories in the arenas. His new owner was a Godling named Lady Hemme. She told him he could win his freedom by defeating Sir Killgrave. In that duel, Sir Killgrave’s arm was cut off, Hex claimed Killgrave’s ring as his prize that turned out to be a Ring of Elder which he later gave it to his fiancé Valhexa as her engagement ring.
While exploring the Black Forrest in Germany about twenty years ago in the year 90 P.A., Rune saved a caravan of gypsies. They were under attack by Gargoyles and Brodkills. The leader was impressed with Rune’s fighting spirit & range of abilities he displayed. He asked if Rune would take his daughter Valhexa to Tolkeen for magic training. After talking to Val by the fire later that night, he had a dream vision of her in some future war. She was fight against a gigantic creature and its minions. Her powers were very formable, so he took Val to the city of Lazlo. Engaged by the time they got to England, but she wanted to finish her training before they get married. Six years of exploring other worlds, Rune returned to see her in Lazlo. Valhexa asked Hex to join in on her quest to find Baldur’s key for Odin.
In 102 P.A., Rune & Valhexa joined up with Inkonni in Manoan. They had many adventures in North and South America. They formed the mercenary squad Hex Factor. They specialize in dealing with supernatural threats, covert rescue missions and known for being able to capture deadly fugitives alive. In 103 P.A., Rune sold his Sword of Atlantis for 500 million and bought four Juggernaut Heavy Hover Tank, two Hunter Mobile Gun and six Triax Glitter Boys to get the company off the ground. Hex Factor fought in Africa against the Four Horsemen, battled the demons of Wormwood, helped the New Navy make the Lord of the Deep flee Earth & had many run-ins with the Dark Templars from the Magic Zone.
Rune proves to have a versatile range of skills & powers, demonstrating advanced proficiency in fencing, hand to hand combat, piloting Star Dragon, espionage, sniper, and disguise. His combat prowess is so respected that he is recruited by the Achilles Republic, New Navy, NGR & General Cabot of CS government to accomplish tasks that are seemingly impossible. Cabot had Rune in the CS Psionic Training to greater hone his powers. As a leader of a small platoon Rune is an excellent tactician. He will not ask a man to sometime he would not do himself. He travels under cover as a powerful psychic healer & one of the star attractions in Full Moon Carnival’s gladiator arena.

Disposition: Rune is easy going, intelligent, confident and an enthusiastic leader. He has become a little paranoid because of the CS bounty on his head and the numerous enemies he has made over the last few years. Rune loves to drink & gamble with his teammates and raising some hell, often at the Coalition expense. Has an overwhelming desire to challenge powerful opponents to push his abilities to a higher level. This has made him seem cocky & foolhardy but he has defeated some heavy hitters in the past. He tries to offer mercy to most opponents and is reluctant to kill people he senses are not evil.
A rebel to the core, he outwardly dismisses authority of all kinds and has no qualms about breaking laws. He rarely speaks but is often acidic and sarcastic when he does.
Rune is crafty and devious, which aids his survival under constant danger. Although a loner, he attracts a number of colorful personalities during his adventures, many of whom attempt to escape their captivity with him. Despite a willingness to kill, he does not do it for enjoyment, killing only those that threaten him directly. He demonstrates a capacity for moral thinking, as demonstrated when he refuses to murder Colonel Raymond Deckerman even in self-defense because he understands his anger over the death of his two sons.
Rune married a Neo-Human named Rosa in 105 P.A., and she was pregnant soon after. A few months later, the CS Squad 49, captured Rosa and a group of troops beat, raped and killed Rosa. Rosa was attending a lakeside wedding ceremony in the out skirts of Tolkeen. Hex & Marhera wiped out most of the squad in the following weeks. This event caused Hex to decide to defend Tolkeen in the upcoming war against the Coalition. Ambrosia & Vince joined the team just before the war. After Rosa’s death, Rune suffered from a deep depression for nearly the entire length of the war. Then his feeling for Marhera the Raksasha turned serious after their time together stuck in the Palladium world. He now sees her as the perfect woman for him. “Why have one woman when she can become any woman.”
Vince Knight is his best friend and drinking buddy. Hex thinks of him as his little brother and very protective of him. The two have a blast together, always trying to out do each other like competing brothers. Inkonni is his oldest friend & traveling companion, but they have grown a little distant from each other over the last few years because of Ink’s dislike for Marhera & Vince, still Ink is the person he respects most and he is trusts with his dark secrets.
Valhexa Valdez is Rune’s second wife, but he was engaged to her first, lets just say he still hears about that one. They got married just two days before Tolkeen fell. It is an open marriage with both having many lovers, this has caused some problems in their relationship; both are deeply in love with each other. Rune is annoyed that Val’s wears a mind block ring so much, he knows she has some secrets and does not completely trust her.
Rune hides his last name Valdez because his bad falling out with his brothers, they both think of him as a deserter for leaving his nation to go out adventuring, while they both stay to ensure their mother‘s legacy lives on.

Contacts:

Captain Nemo-2, Commander of the New Navy. Nemo wishes to repay Hex Factor for their part in forcing Lord of the Deep out of this world. Nemo occasionally hires Hex Factor for their expertise in dealing with the supernatural.
Lady Hemme, a very rich business woman in Atlantis, who is a Godling and a daughter of Zeus. Hemme hires the squad for bodyguard services and bounty hunting jobs for Atlantis.
General Marshall Cabot, CS Military Counsel. Cabot has recruited Hex to investigate the Dark Templars, who have been getting a foothold in CS territories.
King Arr’thuu, King of Camelot. The King has great respect for Rune’s Squad for aiding him in his quest to rid the British Isles of the Fomorian Demons.

Known Enemies:

Sir Killgrave the general of the Dark Templars wants his Ring of Elder back from Valhexa. He wants to use the soul drinker axe on Hex. The Templars raided the Wrathguard guildhall in Tolkeen with Asa’s minions killing over thirty of the Rune’s troops. He devoured some of their souls that day. Hex is planning to take his axe from him and devour his soul for his crimes.
CS Colonel Raymond Deckerman along with his SAMAS squad wants to get revenge on Hex for his part in the disappearance of CS troops and Deckerman has strong CS resources to work with, but is an honorable soldier who still looking into the back story of his sons disappearances. The two young soldiers took part in the rape & murder of Rune’s wife and Marhera eat the men alive for their brutal crimes.
The Night Lord Asa & his demon lord wife Nesper, the pair has started a minor invasion in Western Europe a long with a portion of their minions. Odin has asked Hex to intervene & expose the Night Lords to the European people. Asa stole Baldur’s key from the Norse Giants and been using it to make three Gargoyle High Lords in the Gargoyle Nation serve him.
Arthur Knight leader of the Grim Reapers cult a vendetta against Hex Factor for their part in banishing the Four Horsemen from Earth.
The Olympian Club is hated by the Squad for joining the Gargoyle nation against NGR. Hex and Venus the Adventurer had a relationship, which has made Valhexa want to kill her.
The Dark Council has clashed a few times in the past. Ea, Enlil and Tiamat the Younger have started activities in Southern Europe, which has draw the Squad’s attention again.
Captain Greg Darross. Athena is Rune Beo’s daughter who was born prematurely when her mother Rosa Beo was rapes and murder by CS Squad 49. Athena was rescued by a CS Psi-Slayer Captain Greg Darross. Darross raised Athena in Chi-Town as his own daughter. During a clash with Deckerman’s forces Darross mind bonded with Rune and both discovered their Athena connection. Ambrosia kidnapped her from Chi-Town, which proved especially difficult since Athena’s Neo-Human powers were advanced from Darross extensive training and Ambrosia was forced to drug her before they could make their escape. Rune & Athena now have been reunited and have a somewhat rebellious relationship that is slowing growing now and secretly Athena is contacting Darross by radio and meetings with him at the carnival. He has been pumping her for information on Hex Factor’s actions. Athena if forced to choose between the two she would side with Darross against her father. She is a girl with a pure heart, yet she has been exposed to the CS propaganda machine for too long and seeing her father smuggling alien weapons, consorting with dangerous D-Bees, magic users and demons has greatly unset her, which is will lead to a lot of conflicts between them in the near future.

That darned Deckerman !! There is ALWAYS .. on some small lvl, a Deckerman around ...
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Yep once Hannibal & the team retire, he settled down and raised some kids. After the Apocalypse the family changed their last name slightly. Being a career military family it was natural to join the CS. Raymond sure looks like a clone of his great, great, great, great...grandfather. :lol:
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Anthar wrote:What adventuring group would make the best all around dream team. Just to round things out say you have a 10 person, 10th level team, list their OCCs, race and "reasonable" equipment that would make them great.

DING DING, round 1 FIGHT!
ANRIXX ACARIEA MATRIM BALOR
1 13 th level undead slayer/7th level operator/12th level Mindmelter (PFRPG 1st edition) no need for extra players. TPK anytime.

He currently guards the gates of hell
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
Balabanto
Champion

Anthar wrote:
Balabanto wrote:This is my oldest group of player characters, with one or two new add ons.

Interesting, what is a Phreaker though? Are you talking about the mutants from Austrailia.

Yes.

It's a very tough squad, especially with a round of preparation time. They like to have the dragon (While invisible) carry the Battle Magus upside down and shooting (While invisible) It's really nasty, because you don't have to move your sharpshooter and the dragon's flight speed is so noxious that even most area weapons aren't that successful.

I also don't like running for more than 6 characters. The characters are tough, but not super tough. They're just reasonably smart.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

runebeo wrote:Question if a Godling is a Shifter and a Summoner would he gain both sets of minions for both classes? :D

In my opinion, yes. I wouldn't see why not. :ok:
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Anthar wrote:
runebeo wrote:Question if a Godling is a Shifter and a Summoner would he gain both sets of minions for both classes? :D

OK then 5 Mindollar Mind Slugs for that one and thats 1000 minions. Can I change my team to just 10 Godlings shifters/summoners/ master psionics with 1000 minion each and 10,000 minions for my squad. Can anyone make a squad to raiser a bigger army than that? I don't think my GM will let me do this, but great idea for a criminal syndicate or cult.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

runebeo wrote:
Anthar wrote:

OK then 5 Mindollar Mind Slugs for that one and thats 1000 minions. Can I change my team to just 10 Godlings shifters/summoners/ master psionics with 1000 minion each and 10,000 minions for my squad. Can anyone make a squad to raiser a bigger army than that? I don't think my GM will let me do this, but great idea for a criminal syndicate or cult.

Yup, that's just plain evil... I LOVE it! :mrgreen:
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

If this disturbs you then walk away! You will remember the night you were struck by the sight of, Ten thousand fists in the air!
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

runebeo wrote:
Anthar wrote:

My teeam has Karl Prosek, Alistair Dunscon, Plato, King Wyatt, and thats all I need(cuz I don't remember any morenames) to have the largest army here. Oh and before anyone trys to top this, I have a Mulka. :)

I'm pretty sure a Shifter can have more than 5 mindolar all on its own.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
runebeo wrote:
Anthar wrote:

My teeam has Karl Prosek, Alistair Dunscon, Plato, King Wyatt, and thats all I need(cuz I don't remember any morenames) to have the largest army here. Oh and before anyone trys to top this, I have a Mulka. :)

Good point how many do you think are the absolute maximum then? Higher than ten thousand and will need a dozen computers to keep track of whose turn it is after the initiative roll. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad:
Balabanto
Champion

See the Karl Prosek facts thread.

It is always Karl Prosek's turn.

When Karl Prosek steps onto the battlefield, no one else is allowed to roll initiative. :)
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
runebeo wrote:
Anthar wrote:

Ooo, imagine a team of 10 Mulka. They'd be unstopable, unlimited PPE/ISP and immune to everything, except the possibly the special attack of a Malvoreen melded weapon.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

What is a Mulka? never heard of it and I have almost every book, minus 6 I think.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

runebeo wrote:What is a Mulka? never heard of it and I have almost every book, minus 6 I think.

Rifts Manhunter, a nearly omnipotent race that claim to be the first race of that dimension. They also claim to have observed every race in that dimension and have a complete record of each of their histories and gifted each race with an artifact that is supposed to contain that information.

Some like them and some don't, there is a Anti-Mulka group that is offering a considerable reward for information on what could injure and kill a Mulka. The Mulka, of course love to goad them on by showing up at their demonstrations.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Anthar wrote:
runebeo wrote:What is a Mulka? never heard of it and I have almost every book, minus 6 I think.

Rifts Manhunter, a nearly omnipotent race that claim to be the first race of that dimension. They also claim to have observed every race in that dimension and have a complete record of each of their histories and gifted each race with an artifact that is supposed to contain that information.

Some like them and some don't, there is a Anti-Mulka group that is offering a considerable reward for information on what could injure and kill a Mulka. The Mulka, of course love to goad them on by showing up at their demonstrations.

Why can't Palladium reprint and update this book? I sure would like to read it.
Anthar
Hero

Unread post by Anthar »

runebeo wrote:
Anthar wrote:

Why can't Palladium reprint and update this book? I sure would like to read it.

Something about it being published by a third party, Myrmidon Press I think? I'm not sure I remember it right, but I think it had something to do with the agreement between the two companies.

Return to “Rifts®”