Contracts Bushi fed style

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dolcet
Wanderer

Contracts Bushi fed style

Unread post by Dolcet »

i love it when they sign without saying "I am taking the contract to a lawyer" :eek: which the mystic warrior did last week & Last night she took it to one after finding a multitude of bugs in the ship & found out about some things they slid into the contract such as:

1) if you pay off the contract your still have to do assignments for the agreed time frame of the contract (30 years in this case) with the fees for the assignments coming out of ammount left on the ship (which would be zero) or she loses the ship

2) if they refuse an assignment they lose the ship & still owe the money

3) they have a right to copies of ALL communications on the ship both private & public

4) the interest was the highest allowed (22%) compounded weekly (which totals out at roughly 3.5 billion in interest if they wait till the end of the 30 years to pay it off)

5) if they refuse an assignment they lose the ship & still owe the money

6) if the contract is voided for any reason by eather party they lose the ship (they have been informed by the lawyer this clause maybe invalid but it would take a court hearing & the courts would impound the ship till the dispute is settled)

7) if they are carying cargo & have to dump it for any reason including but not limited to picking up survivors of another ship then the party is responsible cost of the cargo plus penelties

The player then got a loan from her Aunt for $25 million to pay off the contract BUT they still have to work for the corp for the length of the contract for nothing :twisted:

(BTW the ship is loaded with weapons. it is an old frieghter that has been converted into a pirate hunter complete concealed weapons & military grade shields. i built her using the Galactic Tracer starship creation rules from Rifter 34)

The character is P.O.'d but they player is only a little miffed at me & is taking it very well and even laughing at herself.
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
taalismn
Priest

Re: Contracts Bushi fed style

Unread post by taalismn »

Ouch...
OWNED...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

OHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NICE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

So how much do they owe?

And if they pay off the ship early......I understand about them working for the corporation. And then don't get paid. But can they earn any money on the side? Is there any way they can earn money? Without them being penalized.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Dolcet
Wanderer

Unread post by Dolcet »

they can earn money on the side. Right now they owe nothing they talked an npc relative (Aunt & member of the the world council of the Owski (a race i designed)) into paying it off for them. it cost them $25 million that they have to pay back. it was only a bill for 10 million but there were fees & an early payment penalty. :eek: The main way they are planning to earn money is bounty hunting & capturing pirates ships for resale to the CCW or Owski Governments.

And as the ship is a converted freighter they can also haul cargo but the cargo area is limited to a max of 70 tons (i ruled that the modifcations for the military shields & engines took up 30% of the cargo space)
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
Aramanthus
Monk

Not too bad. How fast is their ship anyway? And how big of a crew does it take to crew it?
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Man, if I pulled something like that, my players would kill me. Then quit. Then kill me again out back.

When they signed the contract, did you role-play it, or did you give them an actual physical piece of paper with the contract printed on it?

Actually, that is the only way I could see sneaking something like that past my players and not have them kill me afterwards.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Aramanthus
Monk

I have to admit I would like to hear that question answered.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”