Adding missles

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dolcet
Wanderer

Adding missles

Unread post by Dolcet »

is there someplace that gives the stats for adding short or medium range missiles tubes to an existing frieghter (they want to up the weapons on there ship they have a frieghter built using the Tracers Building fules from the rifter)
I reject your reality & substitute my own
Adam Savage "Mythbusters"
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Re: Adding missles

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

There will be in a few weeks when Fleets of the Three Galaxies is released.

But according to my Game Master's note book, from which most of the manuscript was taken, a Runner ship (read. a typical small cargo vessel) can at maximum have 1 heavy weapon system, 2 medium weapon systems, and 5 point defense systems.... which it begins with (the 3 lasers and the 2 racks of long-range missiles). So, if you wanted more long-range missile racks, you would have to swap out a laser turret for them.

Adding Medium and Heavy weapons onto the ship will eat into the available cargo space: 150 tons each for mediums, and 600 tons for a heavy.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Dolcet
Wanderer

Unread post by Dolcet »

Braden Campbell wrote:Adding Medium and Heavy weapons onto the ship will eat into the available cargo space: 150 tons each for mediums, and 600 tons for a heavy.

how do you reconcile that with the rule that light frieghter only has a cargo capaty of 100 tons( rifter 34 page 47)?
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

There's two ways to run it. You could say that you eat up the cargo space first, then have the remainder hanging outside of the ship... so yes, you can put a heavy particle beam on your cargo ship, but you won't be pulling much cargo anymore, and it'll be quite obvious that there's a heavy particle beam on the underside of your ship.

Or, you can leave the cargo space alone, and all teh weapons are mounted on ship's hull a la The Stick in Your Eye.

It's a far from perfect solution, but using the Stick in Your Eye as a benchmark, it was the best I could do.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

In space theres no gravity so if you do not land you could pack weapons on the ship that you want you just need the power source to use them. You can always add wings & mount missiles on them.
Last edited by wildhood on Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
KLM
Knight

Unread post by KLM »

wildhood wrote:In space theres on gravity so if you do not land you could pack weapons on the ship that you want you just need the power source to use them. You can always add wings & mount missiles on them.

Mind you, one needs to shield stuff on "hull mounts" - from particles, space dust, cosmic radiation, etc.
(Single shot missile tubes are fine - and this includes VLMS "boxes" too).

Also, a "150 ton medium mount" WILL affect manouvering of a 300 ton "Runner" even in ero gravity and
vacuum.

Adios
KLM
But still, one of the most basic rules for survival on any planet is never to upset someone wearing black leather - This is why protesters against the wearing of animal skins by humans unaccountably fail to throw their paint over Hell's Angels.
- Terry Prachett

Small font: use ctrl+c and copy it, so you can read. But since it is in small fonts, it is not important. I am not a NE salesperson.
Dolcet
Wanderer

Unread post by Dolcet »

all they have mounted on the ship is the 2 duel barrel plasma cannons (4d6*10+20 for both firing at the same target) & 4 computer controlled point defense GR Cannons (1d6*10) from page 52 of rifter 34 . They ran out of points & money at that time.

I need to know how much it would cost to mount the missile launcher because after looking at the the tracer ship in the phase world book they woefully under-armed.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

And a medium missile launcher is a nice thing to add for firepower for a small craft like a runner ship.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Unread post by devillin »

Dolcet wrote:I need to know how much it would cost to mount the missile launcher because after looking at the the tracer ship in the phase world book they woefully under-armed.

Best thing you can do is go to my RPG Page linked below and grab a copy of the Ship Builder Spreadsheet. The prices calculated there are accurate to within a few percentage points.
Moderator 3 of 6, Rec.Games.Mecha Newsgroup for Robot Games Discussion.
10th Lyran Guards, The Revenants.
Aramanthus
Monk

It's nice to know it's still on your website. It's a good source for us out here.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Aramanthus wrote:It's nice to know it's still on your website. It's a good source for us out here.

Yeah, I just wish Geocities was going to be around much longer. I should have everything transferred to the new site in a week or so.
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool! I heard about it coming to an end. That stinks! Glad to hear you are transferring to another location.

HH....FIE
devillin
Adventurer

Aramanthus wrote:Cool! I heard about it coming to an end. That stinks! Glad to hear you are transferring to another location.

Yeah, I was kind of bummed about the whole deal. I found early because one of my ring members has a business account with them and was told earlier than everyone else. As it is, I'm transferring over to Google Sites, but it is a pain having to transcode everything over to their format. Right now the pictures are the biggest pain since I have to transfer them over, one by one. :badbad: Here's what I have so far. I'm going to miss Geocities though, it's been my home for 12 years. :-( :nh:
Aramanthus
Monk

Looks pretty nice! Keep up the great site!

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”