Hardware character inventions

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Amberjack
Explorer

Hardware character inventions

Unread post by Amberjack »

Hi all
Just curious as to how you all handle Hardware characters inventing things in game. Do you require that hey have the available monetary resources, job, wealth, etc ?

How often do you allow them to introduce a new gadget/invention?

If using the Super Invention option do you allow them to come up with additional lesser super inventions at higher experience levels ?

Thanks in advance to all who reply. :-D
Cybermancer
Hero

Re: Hardware character inventions

Unread post by Cybermancer »

I generally use budgets to curtail what Hardware characters can do. Although that isn't the same as having the cash. I'll generally allow a Hardware character to be independently wealthy and then grant them an annual budget for gadgets and spare parts. Those who spend all their money up front find they're screwed a few months later when they're out of parts or wish to build a specific item to combat a new villian. The smart Hardware players will keep at least 50% of their budget in reserve. I also allow saving from one year to carry over to the next year.

This generally means that Hardware characters are a lot like Batman, Green Arrow or Iron Man.

It is also how I enjoy playing gadget characters when I get a chance.
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

Another option is to recycle. The character runs a salvage yard where he finds lots of parts. I'm not talking your local junk yard, but maybe he runs/has access to a military salvage operation, which is perfect for a Mechanical. Another oddball option is have him work for a major university and run their junk sales. You would be amazed at what shows up as university surplus.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Hardwares do not need to be a PC,they make good Npc,s allies for your hero Pc.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”