Matter Expulsion Power

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Amberjack
Explorer

Matter Expulsion Power

Unread post by Amberjack »

Has anyone a ever came up with or used a Matter Expulsion minor power that just was a attack, such as spray of metal/crystal/stone shards. That was just a bit more powerful than the Matter Expulsion major power sub-power.
znbrtn
Hero

Re: Matter Expulsion Power

Unread post by znbrtn »

i've always been a fan of matter expulsion abilities, despite palladium's irrational fear of the ability to create actual/permanent matter.

in theory, you could just take the generic energy expulsion power abilities and make it into a minor matter expulsion. 2-3d6 +1d6/level, same strike bonuses, same splitting ability. it just happens to be made of whatever matter you prefer. perhaps some small mention of the unique properties of the matter(wood/silver are useful against the supernatural, etc.).
the matter being permanent/not permanent could largely be left up to the option of the player/gm, because the benefits and drawbacks balance out. permanent can be useful to the character and his friends(crude tools), but it can usually be tracked rather easily back to him, or even used to set up a frame job, should that be important. non-permanent is the opposite.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Alter Limbs (the minor super ability) comes to mind.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

znbrtn wrote:i've always been a fan of matter expulsion abilities, despite palladium's irrational fear of the ability to create actual/permanent matter.
It Just dawned on me that I'd forgotten to mention that the ME Wood expulsion releated powers (Including those found in APS: Wood & Alter Limb Wood) are Permanent.
Great fer creating a Pile of wood for a fire.

As to the Other powers of: Matter Creation (ME:), Polymorph (Self), Petrification, Grant Powers, and Flesh Manipulation...
It should be allowed that the Super can make the change PERMANENT by making the Same sacrifice one can make with Transmutation (and IT's permanency aspect).
1 PE & 2D6 HP permanently lost.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

I've used Quils as sort of a version of this in the past.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”