Paladin Steel Storefront

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abtex
Champion

Re: Paladin Steel Storefront

Unread post by abtex »

ZINO wrote:
Paladin Steel VTOL-8C ‘Flitter’ Light VTOL
hey broken link

Use this one Two-seater Hummel helicopter concept folds-up for easy storage
The posted one was broken in part because of length.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

how about tolet paper of some kind?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

abe wrote:how about tolet paper of some kind?

Well, yes, we provide a 'green' toilet paper(made from processed fast-growing 'weed' plants) that incidentally provides any extra nutrients and 'refresher' spore cultures to the digestor tank to keep it running...in a variety of scents and patterns!
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

taalismn wrote:

Well, yes, we provide a 'green' toilet paper(made from processed fast-growing 'weed' plants) that incidentally provides any extra nutrients and 'refresher' spore cultures to the digestor tank to keep it running...in a variety of scents and patterns!

*sigh* can't believe I'm doing this.*sigh*
......................................................................................................please do continue..........

I am actually interested in an extrapolation on this subject. mostly how and why the plant speeds up or increaes effiency of the process, but also slightly interested in what kind of....smells and patterns(but not textures) that may be provided. IE artificial or natural and the like.

and by request of my players is there *sigh* MDC toilet paper. god I hate them sometimes. need to get there own internet!
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Maybe you need to create a device to compost the waste deposited in the last creation.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:
taalismn wrote:

*sigh* can't believe I'm doing this.*sigh*
......................................................................................................please do continue..........

I am actually interested in an extrapolation on this subject. mostly how and why the plant speeds up or increaes effiency of the process, but also slightly interested in what kind of....smells and patterns(but not textures) that may be provided. IE artificial or natural and the like.

and by request of my players is there *sigh* MDC toilet paper. god I hate them sometimes. need to get there own internet!

:shock: ...yah know, just getting the factors for methane/biogas production required some online research...what I skimmed suggests that methane decomp production is dependent on the chemical composition of the ...feedstock...the temperature it's 'cooked' at, and any agitation you apply to it....
As for bio-active additives; I'd think something like encapsulated versions of the RIDDEX product you can find commercially available, though with a genetically engineered predisposition towards producing more gas(since you don't hear of peoples' septic tanks exploding using the stuff)..

Actually, though, such conversations as this make perfect sense...If you go teh utter squalor way to depict the average community in Rifts Earth, their septic fields would be contaminating their ground water, or would attract predators who know enough to follow spoor to likely prey...The SMART communities, therefore, would set up some sort of system to make the most of their waste to provide energy and fertilizer(after you've sterilized the hell out of it, ideally with a combination of its own decomp heat and some other cheap readily available energy like solar)..without doing some indepth research on municipal sewage treatment and 'eco-friendly' rural systems, I can't give you specifics....

MDC toilet paper...oh boy...I really can't think of a WHY,except maybe supernaturally strong beings who can't pull their strength enough to keep from shredding anything like toilet paper(in which case it would be like you or me cleaning up with a soap bubble(without breaking it))...Best I can come up with is sandpaper for your supernatural beings(and non-organics like Mineral Beings) who really want that CLEAN feel...in which case a good indicator of price would be to go to your local home supply store and peruse the sandpaper/abrasives section...

Hold on...maybe a thin plastic MDC film(or reinforced with MD threads) would do...maybe 1 MDC per yard...let's see...an average roll is what....10-15 yards? I'd set a cost at 20-25 credits a yard.....REALLY expensive TP, but cheap for MDC material...the stuff won't protect you from concussion damage, and a vibroblade will slice right through it, but it does protect against flash and energy weapon damage, and is strong enough to hold 150 lbs of weight single-sheet(you need a P.S. of 16 just to TEAR the stuff, unless it's pre-perforated, in which case a P.S. of 8 will do it)....

Now, I REALLY want to know what justification your players have for WANTING the stuff....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Now, I REALLY want to know what justification your players have for WANTING the stuff....

Yes please tell taalismn why you they need this MDC tp...I am afraid too ask why. And he ask first.
I thought Texas Rabbit Hunters was bad but near useful.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

My Mega-Juicer player is under the impression that he can't use regular toilet paper.
I wouldn't allow MDC toilet paper, so he coated one side with duct tape, and decided to do that instead. Cuz duct tape is teh ****.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
taalismn
Priest

Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:My Mega-Juicer player is under the impression that he can't use regular toilet paper.
I wouldn't allow MDC toilet paper, so he coated one side with duct tape, and decided to do that instead. Cuz duct tape is teh ****.

Yah know, I sorta expected as much....
Well, he may now wipe with confidence...we now have MDC-TP...
For which we will now find other uses as well, such as improvished armor, crash barriers, mummy wrappings, and the like...if for no other reason than to expand the market and justify the time and research that went into developing the stuff(all of about fifteen minutes of thought)... :D

I doubt, though, that you'll see PS create a means of creating MDC wood toothpicks...unless somebody finds a way to make an MD-inflicting blowgun that uses MD toothpicks as darts...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Maybe you need to create a device to compost the waste deposited in the last creation.

Probably not...while PS certainly produces industrial, construction, and agricultural supplies (in greater overall amounts than their total military output)and equipment that would cover this need, there's vast body of stuff that we produce that ISN'T covered(and unlikely to be covered) in these forums, simply because it's so mundane(if essential to civilization) and unless you're running a metacampaign where you're starting a colony or running a town, and have to bean-count every credit between expeditures on guns and/or butter, is going to be of little interest to the average Rifts player...
If you really want to see such stuff and get an idea of what it does and what it would likely cost you, go cruising at a local Home Depot, check out the John Deere or International Harvester catalogues, or consult your municipal services budget reports...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

whew, finally got through =S

(incidentally, you've mentioned stuff that isn't posted i think... not sure you've hit the PA-10 power armor, and i'm pretty sure you haven't put the vixen fighter you keep mentioning in...)

and on a side note, i can't get the image out of my head of a snail-shaped vehicle with no wheels, fan-driven, which rides on a trail of slipspray... (at least it would probably be cheap... just one solid block of material =P)
Aramanthus
Monk

Well the reason I suggested some of these things os to provide fuel for some of the more advanced smaller communities. Although the TP is cute! So would PS or one of their spin off companies provide that. Well it can be used to TP someone's vehicle or their property! Especially if they deserve it!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Shark_Force wrote:whew, finally got through =S

(incidentally, you've mentioned stuff that isn't posted i think... not sure you've hit the PA-10 power armor, and i'm pretty sure you haven't put the vixen fighter you keep mentioning in...)

and on a side note, i can't get the image out of my head of a snail-shaped vehicle with no wheels, fan-driven, which rides on a trail of slipspray... (at least it would probably be cheap... just one solid block of material =P)

I HAVE posted the PA-10 'Pikeman', which is essentially a flightless SAMAS exoframe remodelled as a basic infantry power armor...The VIxen is still forthcoming, because I really want to redo it and do it up RIGHT.....

Ah! You've seen some of our concept designs, then...especially the S-Car-GO!(raises shields against the inevitable HAPM attack...) :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Well the reason I suggested some of these things os to provide fuel for some of the more advanced smaller communities. Although the TP is cute! So would PS or one of their spin off companies provide that. Well it can be used to TP someone's vehicle or their property! Especially if they deserve it!

I'm still fleshing out a PS Division simply called PS Engery, which is devoted to finding, exploiting, developing new technologies and resources for energy production, from bio-gas, wind, and hydroelectric, to nuclear fusion, PPE, and zero-point(if at all possible)...They provide the power needed by PS's energy-hungry production lines, and plan and lay out the power grids for GNE and affiliated communities...They also research ways to make those power grids and energy systems less vulnerable to disruption(such as power drain...one Power Leech can wreak allmighty havoc on a system... and enemy sabotage/attack)...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Very cool! Someday you are going to have to lay out the entire Paladin Steel organization. Including the various head of it's operations! And maybe stat them out.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:Very cool! Someday you are going to have to lay out the entire Paladin Steel organization. Including the various head of it's operations! And maybe stat them out.

I have the major divisions, but like so many other projects, I'm revising and wanting to present it all done up RIGHT(well...to my satisfaction at least)..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel Mini-Mule UAV
(aka ‘Aerocaddy)

“Be extra careful when requesting a tap-off by airborne courier, because a smart enemy like the Coalition will track the bird either all the way to the drop and nail you while you’re unloading, or backtrack it homebound and spot your home supply depot.....SAMAS and CS Rangers are particularly notorious for that sort of thing....Also, certain dumb predators will follow the Mini-Mule, looking for lunch. So keep aware....little Mr. Resupply Robot may be bringing more than e-clips and MREs when he hoves around the bend...”

The Mini-Mule is a cousin of the ubiquitous PS-UAV-RPV-07 Midge Aerial Drone, but is both slightly larger and mechanically simpler(and thus cheaper to produce); a light semi-autonomous air vehicle designed for company and squad-level logistical resupply. The aircraft looks like a scaled-down Bell/Hughes ‘Defender’ helicopter, with an oval pod body on fixed landing skids(but with more flattened sides), forward sensor window, and twin swivel-mount fan-impellors on the rear. To further reduce costs, the Mini-Mule uses a special hybrid fuel cell and battery systems that can be recharged from nuclear-powered robots and vehicles. A drop-down belly pack and side doors allow for quick access to systems and rapid loading/unloading of cargo. Special heat dispersion vanes, composite plastic and carbon-fiber construction, and finely tuned reduced noise engines also give the Mini-Mule a limited stealth capability, allowing it to sneak past enemy scout units to reach field units. The operational range of the Mini-Mule is deliberately short; the aircraft is designed for short- to mid-range resupply ops, typically from forward support depots and transports. If a mission calls for long range remote messenger service, a nuclear-powered Midge or stealth FireBee is typically detailed to the job.
The design actually harkens back to a Pre-Rifts design, when similar vehicles were used to provide battlefield re-supply to small combat units in regions where the presence of larger manned transport aircraft could prove hazardous(tipping off enemy units where the troops were, and inviting attack with increasingly more lethal manportable missile weapons). With the coming of the Megadamage Revolution, the issue of providing power armor units like the SAMAS, with spare parts and ammunition in the field was alleviated by the use of the UAVs. Combined with direct-link battlenet communications and GPS, UAV mini-transports could orbit in flight until needed, then vector in directly to a requesting unit’s coordinates to deliver fresh supplies of food, medical gear, fuel, e-clips, and ammunition.
Paladin Steel has resurrected the concept to provide its logistics-heavy military with more-or-less immediate logistical support. Since the GNE’s military is particularly heavy on logistics, the use of the mini-cargo planes allows for rapid resupply of smaller unts, especially in rough terrain. So far, the Mini-Mule has seen only limited deployment, however, though the design has proven itself in several actions. An export model, without the elaborate command encryption gear and stealth tuning of VFS models has already shown promise in early sales through PS’s Merctown outlet.
The Mini-Mule is also used for disaster relief; ‘flocks’ of UAVs being dispatched to disaster areas to scout and deliver supplies to small isolated holdings and parties, giving them enough to get by until they can get to centralized disaster relief beachheads, or until larger SAR teams can make their way to them.
PS has refrained from designing an armed varient of the Mini-Mule, both because the design is too slow and awkward to make an effective weapons platform, and because of the large variety of existing combat UAVs already being produced by PS. However, more than one field combat unit has, in desperation, outfitted a Mini-Mule with a suicide charge of explosives, and kamikazed the drone into enemy forces. The UAVs are also frequently outfitted with ECM pods, chaff/flare launchers, and other countermeasure gear, and sent in to decoy enemy anti-air weapons in support of aerial assaults or rescue missions.
Type:PS-MS-SARDS-06B Mini-Mule
Class: Vectored Thrust Unmanned Semi-Autonomous Utility Drone Aircraft
Crew: None; semi-autonomous robot
If not carrying cargo, a single passenger can fit in the cargo compartment, and/or two passengers can ride on the landing skids, but the ride is likely to be very uncomfortable.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 100
DuctFans(2) 30 each
Height: 4 ft
Width: 5 ft
Length: 7 ft
Weight: 600 lbs
Cargo: 350 lbs
Powerplant: Electric Fuel Cell, with 190 mile range
Speed: (Flying) Hover to 150 MPH, maximum altitude 9,500 ft.
Market Cost: 40,000 credits
Systems of Note:
*Basic Robot Audio/Optics
*Radio Beacon/Signal Finder
Weapons Systems: None standard
Bonuses:
The Mini-Mule UAV doesn’t have any combat programming per say, but does have some basic evasion programming:
Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 4
Dodge: +2

Variants:
None official, but the GNE has deployed a wide number of Mini-Mules configured as airborne firefighters, with a spotlight and foam bomb in the undercarriage, or as security units with video pods, loudspeakers, and high power spotlights.

PS ‘ParaMule’ Logistical Resupply UAV
“At the seige of Fort Lacasta, up in the Rockies, the re-supply effort was so effective in keeping the fort’s defenders in ammunition that the gunners were able to take the offensive with their artillery, even before conditions improved enough for air support to be called in...They actually managed to bring the montain passes under fire with their mortars and rocket launchers , so much so that they cut off the ENEMY’S lines of supply...Got so bad that the beseiging troops were trying to shoot down the ParaMules simply for their parasail fabric...their own cold weather gear and replacements had been shredded by the constant barrages the people they were trying to starve out were putting up...”

Although often believed to be a variant of the Mini-Mule UAV, the ParaMule is actually an adapataion of a pre-Rifts Canadian UAV design, the CQ-10A ‘SnowGoose’ which was designed to meet much the same need. Both designs share the same general appearance of a short, boxy, main body on twin landing skids, with a spotlight/optics window at the blunted front end, and propulsion systems at the rear. However, the ParaMule is lighter, much more inexpensive, carries a heavier payload, and can more conveniently be launched from an aircraft(dropped off a wing pylon or rolled out the back of a cargo lifter) or truck. The ParaMule doesn’t rely on directed thrust for lift and propulsion, but instead uses a back-mounted propellor and fabric parasail(the parasail being made of a tough light megadamage fabric). The ParaMule can be programmed to follow a pre-determined course, home in on a radio beacon, or be remotely controlled from a portable laptap and joystick control apparatus, although the ParaMule lacks the more ‘intelligent’ response system of the faster MiniMule.
Both designs are extensively used by the GNE and sold on the open market.
Type: PS-CQ-100A ParaMule
Class: Unmanned Semi-Autonomous Utility Drone Aircraft
Crew: None; semi-autonomous robot or remote control.
MDC/Armor By Location:
Main Body 100
Parasail 30
Height: 4.9 ft
Width: 6.5 ft
Length: 9.6 ft
Weight: 600 lbs
Cargo: 575 lb in six modular bins
Powerplant: Liquid-Fuel (160 miles) or Electric Battery(180 miles)
Speed: 40 MPH, maximum altitude of 18,000 ft
Market Cost: 30,000 credits
Features of Note:
*Basic Robot Audio/Optics
*Radio Beacon/Signal Finder
Weapons Systems: None
Bonuses: None
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

:D Actually, I'd like to see a net-book! Nice UAV!
They can't see me...Right!?
Aramanthus
Monk

Very nice! It look cool! I think we here at the Federated States will end buying some from PS.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Transport is our bread and butter...the more ways we have to move stuff, the more customers we can reach...at home or across the megaverse...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

I wonder if there's a Megaversal United Parcel Service??? Company motto: "We deliver anything, anywhere!!"
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:I wonder if there's a Megaversal United Parcel Service??? Company motto: "We deliver anything, anywhere!!"

In my old Robotech campaign, the Logistics Company's motto was 'Anything, Anywhere, Anytime."

I also had posted in an old Alternate Dimensions thread on the Megaversal Forums, a group called INterdim which was essentially indimensional mail men...recently, they had competition....

(partial repost)

UPS---Universal Parcel Service----A newcomer to the Interdimensional scene is UPS, which prides itself on being Interdim’s rival with regards to interdimensional parcel transfer and communications. Smaller and tighter than Interdim, UPS has begun to make a name for itself, with its distinctive dark brown uniforms and dark brown delivery vehicles(often concealing substantial firepower). Interdim regards UPS as a young egomaniac upstart that may be getting itself into deeper waters than it suspects, and worries about what may happen if inexperienced UPS tries to go into the Reality Shaping aspect of operations, or intrude into new world-lines before Interdim has a change to adequately survey them. Though often snubbed by UPS workers, Interdim occasionally has to rescue UPS crews that have blundered into bad situations beyond their ability and understanding to escape.
Though lacking all the high-tech toys of their Interdim opposites, UPS employees are nevertheless quite adequately equipped, and often carry more raw firepower. Their infamous dark brown hover vans are a case in point; often nicknamed ‘gunboats’ for their heavy armor and concealed heavy armaments.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Oh, that's funny! Armed delivery trucks!!

Robber 1: Oh, come on, mate! It's just a delivery truck! We can take 'em!
Robber 2: I don't know...
Robber 1: You bloody wuss (points weapon)! You in the delivery truck, give us everything you've got!
*Suddenly, gun ports open up revealing large-caliber weapons*
Robber 2: Oh, s**t!
Aramanthus
Monk

So is this new company a subsiderary of PS? Or did some other group start it up?

HH....FIE
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Arnie100 wrote:Oh, that's funny! Armed delivery trucks!!

Robber 1: You bloody wuss (points weapon)! You in the delivery truck, give us everything you've got!

The surplus ones make nice Ice Cream trucks for bad neighborhoods.

taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:So is this new company a subsiderary of PS? Or did some other group start it up?

Nope, Interdim and UPS, are, like Network Omni News, independent operations...and Interdim's been around for as long as anybody can remember, though in the last eight thousand years or so, it's been largely dominated by humanoids, so many beings think it's a fairly recent HUMAN innovation/concern...

Of ocurse, there's also PPS--POTENTIAL Parcel Services, which deals in temporal potential deliveries...you get all the junk you're going to be able and likely to mail-order, more or less at once, and then you're obliged to spend the rest of your life paying off the charges and sending the checks in due time...
"But I didn't order this junk! What need do I have for a Abo-blitermizer?! I'd NEVER order this thing!"
"Oh, but you WILL, in forty-eight years' time..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:Oh, that's funny! Armed delivery trucks!!

Damn straight...Fear the Brown...

Also check out Neal Stephanson's cyberpunk novel Snow Crash...if for nothing else, just for the description of the DELIVERATORS , hyperspeed deliverymen for Cosa Nostra Pizza....They're insanely well equiped, armed with rail guns, and authorized to break the sound barrier..They have to...because if your pizza doesn't reach you piping hot, Uncle Enzo of the Family will show up on your doorstep, kiss your feet, apologize for the inconvenience of cold late pizza, refund your money, and make nice to you...and the negligent Deliverator is never seen again...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

:D So, what's next, taalismn?
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

I love doing lawn work with the right Chainsaw

http://lundestudio.com/2009SHOTShow/
Knight's Armament Company

My dad is very fond of chain saws, and KAC was showing an aptly-named Chain Saw that shoots at 600 RPM with a 200-round drum. Don't mess with a man with a Stetson and a chain saw:

Arnie100
Knight

Oh, definetely want stats for that!
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

taalismn wrote: In my old Robotech campaign, the Logistics Company's motto was 'Anything, Anywhere, Anytime."

A fan of The Goodies perhaps?

8]

EDIT: had to come back and add the link later, as I seemed to be having trouble with YouTube at the time
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel “Sea Glider”(Also “Sea Robin”)
“Now remember, boys and girls...Command wants this big fish alive, so even if it opens up on us with torps or unleashes Sea SAMAS on us, we’re NOT to respond with lethal fire! Aim for the propulsion, aim for the dive planes, weld her missile and airlock hatches shut, but I don’t want to see a pressure hull punch-through, understand?! You’ve all been given tangletorp warheads for this mission, so USE them! Now get out there and bag us a CSN lurker for the den wall, and good hunting!”

The Sea Glider is Paladin Steel’s adaptation of a pre-Rifts research mini-submersible design, the “Deep Flight” sub, albeit using more advanced materials and technology. Resembling a low-slung jet fighter or cruise missile, with the single pilot-occupant lying prone in the transparent nose canopy, the Sea Glider handles like an underwater fighter plane, fast and agile. However, Paladin Steel is marketing the Sea Glider as a fast undersea utility and recon/research vessel, with a secondary purpose as a fisheries protection vessel and patrol-escort. Part of the selling punch of the Sea Glider is its speed, allowing it to go in, assess a situation, and get out fast. It is also light and small enough to be deployed from large fishing vessels and surface craft without too much trouble or specialized equipment.
Note: Paladin Steel is unaware of Triax’s own “Deep Flight” Mini-sub, the XS-24 “Sea Bat”, nor, for their part, does Triax know of Paladin Steel’s design. If they do, Triax may well suspect a security leak in their own ranks, which may lead to trouble down the road for PS(in reality both the XS-24 and the DSUV-07 are alike because they share a common ancestor in the pre-Rifts ‘Deep Flight’) . The Sea Glider has less overall damage capability than the Sea Bat, but has better overall performance, and is commercially available.
Paladin Steel has just started marketing the Sea Glider from its new Hydro Division, and it is rumored that the Sea Glider is being produced at a new facility in the North East.
(Post-110 P.A. Update: By 110 P.A., the Sea Glider has become a common vehicle in the GNENavy, but many naval experts are already considering the vehicle to be getting long in the tooth, despite subsequent upgrades, given it’s being effectively a ‘first generation’ PS naval design, and the GNEN is already looking at faster and more maneuverable designs like the Navalized Taon and SeaVixen as replacements for the ‘sea fighter’ role. This hasn’t hurt its deployment with fisheries protection and mercantile escort however, and PS continues to produce the design for PS/GNE affiliates and nation-states)
Type: PS-DSUV-07
Class: Paramilitary/Research Submersible
Crew: One
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 220
Reinforced Crew Compartment 100
Thrusters(2) 20 each
Wings(2) 20 each
Tail Fins(2) 10 each
Underwing Pods(2-4) 5 each
Utility Arms(2) 15 each

Height: 5 ft
Width:8 ft
Length: 18 ft
Weight: 3000 lbs
Cargo: Minimal space in pilot’s cabin for a survival pack and side arm.
Powerplant: Electric(Range/Endurance: 400 miles or 24 hrs) or Nuclear(10 year energy life)
Speed: 75 MPH, Max Depth: 11,000 meters
Bonuses: The Sea Glider enjoys the following bonuses: +3 dodge, +4 roll
Market Cost: 3.5 million credits for the electric version
11.5 million credits for the nuclear version
Systems/Features:
Radio: 10 mile range
Emergency Distress Beacon
Twin Utility Arms(Extension 10 ft, PS 30)
Can be fitted wih a modular tool system similiar to that used by Mining ‘Borgs.
Spotlights(6)----4 wing-mounted and 2 forward mounted high-power spotlights.
Camera Mounts----The Sea Glider has four camera mounts, one under each wing, one in a belly-mount , and a fourth looking rearward. All the cameras can pan about, offering a full view of the Sea Glider’s surroundings.
Sonar-----5 mile range
Life Support---Equivalent to robot vehicle LS systems
Ejectable Crew Compartment----In an emergency, the canopy and crew compartment can eject. The Crew Compartment is a low-powered Underwater Sled(MDC 100, Speed 15 MPH, 400 mile range) that can carry the pilot to safety in event the Sea Glider is critically damaged

Weapons Systems:
1) Twin Blue-Green Mini-lasers
Mounted in two small mini-turrets on either side of the cockpit dome, with 30 degree side traverse and vertical elevation/depression.
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 3d6 MD single blast, 6d6 MD double simultaneous burst on one target(counts as 1 attack)
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: Effectively unlimited

2) Optional Equipment Pods---Rather than mount weapons in the wings, as the Triax does, the PS Sea Glider uses modular underwing pods to hold additional weaponry and equipment. Up to 4 pods can be carried. The following is a sampling of possible pod-mounted accessories; PS is at work on other accessory fittings as well.
*Micro-Torpedoes----24 shot pod
*Mini-Torpedoes----Each pod can carry up to 10 mini-torpedoes
*Short Range Torpedoes---Each pod can carry 2 short-range torpedoes
*Medium Torpedos------One medium torpedo can be carried per hardpont, for a total of 4.
*Long Range Heavy Torpedoes-----2 Heavy Torpedoes can be carried; however, they use up ALL the available mounting points.
*Harpoon Pod
Range: 200 ft
Damage:2d6 SDC standard or 5d6 MD exploding head; can also fire Tracer and Flare harpoons
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1,2, or 3
Payload:18 harpoons per launcher

*Blue-Green Laser Pod
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage:(SDC) 6d6 SDC single shot
(MDC) 3d6 MD single shot, 6d6 MD double-shot blast, or 1d6x10+10 MD per triple shot pulse burst
Rate of Fire: Standard
Payload: 60 shot battery capacity, or effectively unlimited linked to a nuclear powerplant

*Ion Cannon Pod---Adapted from a reverse-engineered Tritonian design
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload:100 shot battery capacity, or effectively unlimited linked to a nuclear powerplant
*Sonic Cannon Pod---Adapted from the PS ‘Screecher’ sonic cannon
Range:(Sonic Blast) 1,800 ft underwater, 600 ft in air
(Spear Launcher) 500 ft
Damage::Wide Beam: 4d6 MD to a 30 ft area
Concentrated Beam: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.
Sonar Blast----This is an enormous ‘belch’ of sonic cacophony that can blind sonar systems within range with a mass of ‘white noise’, knocking them out for 1d4 melees. Sonar and acoustic homing systems will lose target lock, and sonar-using creatures will be stunned and ‘blind’ for 1d4 minutes.
Vibration Blast---This takes up ALL attacks per melee to initiate and maintain, and consists of focusing a low powered beam on a sealed ship(submarines are ideal), and gradually inducing an ultra-low frequency vibration throughout its structure. While this doesn’t do any damage per se, it does affect the hearing and inner ears of crewmembers, causing creeping disorientation and increasing unsettledness, leading up to nausea. After one melee people with unprotected hearing(or uninsulated contact with the ship’s hull structure) will be -1 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -5% to skills(they become easily distracted). After two melees they are -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, -10% to skills, and are -10% to their sense of balance...and so on...People with protected hearing are immune to the effect, but beings with enhanced hearing are TWICE as susceptible to the effects.
This setting is most effective against vessels 60 ft long or smaller...larger vessels will take an extra full melee per 50 ft of length for this to work...or several cannon working in concert, to be effective.
Rate of Fire:(Sonic Blast) ECHH
Payload:(Sonic Blast) 36 shot battery or effectively unlimited linked to a nuclear powerplant .
*Magnetometer: Can detect the presence of metal objects/large concentrations of metal ores within 4,000 ft. Takes one pod space

*Sonic Scramblers(“Screamers”)----Screamers are specialized one-use munitions that when fired, broadcast a massive burst of noise across all audio/sonic frequencies, with the intended effect of destroying acoustic target(sonar) locks, and allowing the sub to escape opponents using sonar to detect or track them. -60% to track the sub via sonar while the Screamer is in effect, while sonar-guided weapons are -10 to strike, plus accoustic-homing weapons will break target lock to attack the decoy.
Screamers also have the effect of stunning dolphins, whales, and other creatures using natural sonar and echo location. These creatures are disoriented/stunned for 1d4 melees.
A typical screamer will last 1d4 melees until it burns out or is destroyed.
Screamers can also be fused to ignite/activate anywhen up to a minute(4 melees) after deployment.
Note: Screamers will affect the user’s own sonar systems.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: None
Rate of Fire: Can fire off Screamers in salvos of 1 or 2
Payload: Pod holds 6 Screamers

*Deep Flares---Deep Flares are fast-burning underwater illumination sources used as distractions in deep sea operations. Though fairly useless as weapons, Deep Flares are effective at night and against deep-sea creatures sensitive to bright light.
Deep Flares will blind surprised targets for 1d4 melees(half all combat bonuses and skill rolls while trying to overcome temporary blindness). Useless against targets using sonar, or without eyes.
Range: 1000 ft
Damage: 1d4 MD if it scores a direct hit on a target; Otherwise, no damage, aside from possible flash disorientation. : Area of effect: 100 ft area in diameter(suspended silt/debris in the water may limit this).
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1 or 2
Payload: Each pod can hold up to 6 Deep Flares

*Recovery Balloons---These are essentially giant plastic balloons/floatation units that are attached to an object, then inflated from a gas cartridge, to help move them or bring them to the surface. Each Balloon can lift up to 500 lbs of weight.
A single hardpoint can hold 2 Recovery Ballons and inflation cartridge.

Paladin Steel Clymene Mini-Sub Walker

“This is bogus!”
“Look, chum, ain’t my fault you decided to gallop through a school zone at fifty miles per hour where the posted limit’s fifteen! The law’s the law and you’re busted..and I don’t care if you’re drivin’ a truck or a mini-sub!”
---Overheard in the Vermont Free State

“OOggghhh...you should see one that get away! I fishing off Bloody Beach Point when I gets a big pull on me line,and I starts to reel it in, but it no give me no slack...so’s I think I got’s a real fighter here, so’s I pulls some more, and it pulls back and yanks me clean off the boat! So’s its a pullin’ me thru the water, and I’s a pullin’ back just waitin’ to tire it out, when it hreads for the beach...and I thinks’I gots you now!”...but this fish, it so mad and desperate to get away from mes, it grows LEGS!! Takes up the beach as fast as ya pleaze, draggin’ me behind, and I thinks at this point ’Ogban, you butiful sportsman you, ya GOTTA land this one!” so I’s hang on tight...It done drag me through the forest, over logs, into poizon ivy, I tinks maybe a barbed wire fence, and then maybe five mile inland of Boogertown it cheats and wipes me off on a tree...that’s why youse find me out cold in the woods with a pine cone up my nose...it done too scared of me to circle around and finish me off, so it ran! Top that, ya losers!”
--Account of Voggie Ogban, self-proclaimed Orcish Sportsman.

The Clymene-class mini-subs are another in Paladin Steel’s line of small, multi-purpose underwater vehicles. The Clymene is a mini-sub with both high underwater speed and land movement capabilities, as it possesses both hydrojets and folding walker legs, making it into a quadraped robot vehicle. Nominally, it’s designed as a salvage and research vehicle, but PS designed it as a faster complement to the Polyphemus Sub-Crawler, and a heavy support vehicle to the Sea Robin mini-sub.
The Clymene was also designed with countering the CS Stingray Mini-Sub in mind(PS Engineers got a look at the Coalition vessel when they visited Free Quebec’s Isle of Orleans naval base during trade talks). With that in mind, the Clymene has fairly heavy weaponry for a mini-sub, able to engage the CS subs in protracted ‘torpedo duels’.
The Clymene has a roughly saucer-shaped body, with a flattened upper plate and underslung crew compartment. Twin thrusters jut from the rear, the sides are mounted with steerable hydrojet maneuvaring thrusters, and the four leg-claws are slung underneath. Armament consists of short-ranged torpedoes, a pair of small blue-green lasers, and several vibro-cutters. The Clymene also tow a variety of ‘arsenal barges’---submersible pods fitted with torpedo and missile launchers that can be used as barrage platforms or set in place as giant mines.
PS deploys patrols of these along the New England shoreline and the Hudson River, looking for Coalition and Kittani mini-subs. The Clymene is used by the GNE Navy and GNE affiliates, and a number have been sold to various private concerns.
Type:PS-A/DSV-2 Clymene
Class: Amphibious Submersible Robot Vehicle
Crew: One, plus 1-6 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 350
Reinforced Crew Compartment/Pressure Hull 100
Main Thrusters(2) 80 each
Utility Arms(2) 20 each
Legs/Heavy Grapples(4) 100 each
Height: 7.8 ft
Width: 18 ft
Length: 35 ft
Weight: 12 tons
Cargo: Small space in cabin for several survival packs and side arms.
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion, w/ 20 year energy life
Speed:
(Running) 50 MPH
(Jumping) The Clymene can actually jump up to 10 ft up/20 ft across; a running start adds 50% to distances(15 ft up/30 ft across).
(Climbing) Equiv. to skill 45%
(Underwater) 50 MPH, max. depth 1 mile
Market Cost: 9.2 million credits
Systems/Features:
Standard Robot Systems, plus;
Radiation Shielding
Long/Short Range Radio---100 mile range/5 mile range
Distress/Homing Beacon---200 mile range
Sonar---50 mile range
Radiation Detector
Combat Computer
Laser Distancing System(4000 ft)
Infrared Searchlights(200 ft range)
Manipulator Arms---2 grasping/manipulator arms(20 MDC each, 10 ft reach, Robotic PS of 25)
Weapons Systems:
1)Short Range Torpedo Tubes(2)
Range:5 miles
Damage: 2d4x10 MD(HE) or 1d6x10 MD(Plasma)
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1,2, 3, 4, or 6
Payload:6 short-range torpedos per tube, 12 total

2)Mini-Torpedo Launcher---Mounted in the back is a multi-cell mini-torpedo launcher
Range:1 mile
Damage:1d6x10 MD
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1,2, 4, 5, or 10
Payload:20

3)Lasers(2)---A pair of blue-green pulse lasers are mounted on either side of the cabin.
Range:2000 ft
Damage:6d6 MD single cannon, 1d6x10 MD for both cannon firing simultaneously on one target(counts as one attack)
Rate of Fire:EPCHH
Payload: Unlimited

4)Vibro-Blades---Rather than use ranged weapons, the Clymene can deploy large vibro-blades on its grapple arms and slash away in melee combat. This is great for tearing through tentacles, nets, and other obstructions, as well as gutting ships below the waterline.
Range: Melee
Damage:5d6 MD

5) Hand to Hand Combat--the Clymene can engage in rather limited hand to hand combat; mostly kicks, possible body blocks, and the occasional light nip or punch with its utility arms
+1 Action/Attack per melee, +1 additional action/attack at levels six and twelve:
+1 to Strike
+2 to Roll w/ fall or impact
Restrained Punch 6d6 SDC
Full Strength Punch 1d4 MD
Kick 1d6 MD
Body Block/Tackle 1d4 MD
Options:
*Stealthing---This overhaul package gives the sub a special sound absorbing coating, and tunes the systems so as to be particularly quiet. Enemy sonar operators are -20% to detect the vessel
Cost: 500,000 credits

*Tow Pods---The Clymene can be used to tow submersible barges. Each barge is roughly the size of the Leda; has 100 MDC, and can hold up to 30 tons of equipment. Unfortunately, towing a barge decreases speed by 20%, and imposes a -20% piloting penalty(the barge gets caught in currents, and its drag fouls the sub’s maneuvaring capabilities). The basic barge-pod has an airtight, compartmentalized interior for bulk stowage of goods, but other versions are also available, including oil/fluid carriers, life-support-equiped passenger barges, torpedo-rafts, and in one case an enormous explosive-filled mine(used to severely damage a Splugorth warship).
Cost: 50,000 credits for the basic barge-pod

*Missile Pods---Missile/Torpedo Pod are essentially cargo pods modified to act as massive Captor Mine, and can be anchored off-shore, just under the surface, and either set to fire at a pre-determined remote signal, timed interval, or boobytrap sensor trip. Typically one-use expendable weapons platforms.
a)LRM/LRT Pod--Holds up to 10 long range missiles or long range torpedoes. Cost: 13 million credits
b) MRM/MRT Pod--Holds up to 20 medium range missiles/torpedoes. Cost: 4 million credits
c)SRM/SRT Pod---Holds up to 40 short-range missiles/torpedoes. Cost:2.5 million credits
d) MM/MT Pod---Holds an astonishing 80 mini-missiles/torpedoes. Cost:1 million credits
e)Mine Pod---Essentially a cargo pod cramped to the gills with high explosives for demolition work. Does 2d6x100 MD to a 100 ft blast radius, and can heave many small vessels into the air if exploded directly underneath. Cost: 800,000 credits
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:Oh, definetely want stats for that!

Take the P-63 Stoner remake PS puts out...add an underbarrel grenade launcher, big ammo bin, and load with whatever nasty ammo you like..
Pick a fight with the local Demon Lord...

Though the title gives me ideas for a weapon or an addition to the PS Gun-Loc system...Big MD chainsaw with side rails for mounting small guns or big grenade launchers...for those really TOUGH stump removal jobs.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

Some nice new vihicles! We hear at the Federated States are going to be purchasing some of these to expand our overall protective forces.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Paladin Steel ‘Mandril’ Heavy Robot Vehicle

“Damn! Looks like that intel flash was right! Somebody IS hitting across dimensions, kidnapping people! “
“Looks like the same crowd that hit Alsorport....The ship description matches, even down to the damage the security guards at the Alsorport outlet inflicted on it...”
“Same bunch, same modus operandi....They’re coming in sneaky, like they aren’t aware we’re tracking them...”
“Doubt they do...This place is fairly primitive, and we wouldn’t have known how to adjust our scanners if the Company hadn’t couriered us an intel update...”
“Okay...looks like they’re down about 6 miles outside of town. If they’re true to form, they’ll be sending out scouts to locate their targets...young women...before doing their big grab and dash...”
“They have any idea this is now a company town?”
“If they did, they’d be behaving differently, ESPECIALLY if they knew there was somebody else with transdimensional travel capabilities in the area aware of them...Disguising the outlet and the minehead seems to be working...Once we confirm movement in that area, Tomlin and his scouts will encircle and cut off their landing party, and the heavy armor will dash in and hit their ship...That would be you and your Mandril, Sergeant Hurt....With luck, we’ll catch ‘em with their airlocks open and their engines powered down.”
“Looks like it’s up to us and ‘Mighty Joe Young’ then to save the %*^ing day...”

While PS engineers were trying to iron out all the bugs with their uber-modular ‘Patriot’ robot concept, PSRbt got several of the Kittani-trained engineers they had headhunted from the refugee exodus from Atlantis to work on a stop-gap heavy design. These rogue techs gave to PS’s normally staid and conservative designs an innovation and aesthetic lacking in previous efforts, and helped revitalize the robotics effort. The brutal Mandril is one of the results of the collaboration....
The Mandril, as its name suggests, resembles a hunchbacked, knuckle-walking ape. The robot can waddle on two rear legs, or gallop on all fours. Armor is extremely heavy; meant to handle both combat damage and heavy rough-terrain movement. The design is headless, the robot instead having a bulging, thickly-armored torso covered in sensor blisters and vision periscopes for its crew.
Weaponry is heavy, consisting of two heavy shoulder-mount weapons systems, and an optional rear missile pod. For close-in defense, the broad chest mounts an array of pulse lasers that can flay off the armor of most power armors, and vaporize lesser targets. And, when it comes to melee combat, the Mandril can apehandle most robots and monsters into smash-origami with its brute strength....
The Mandril is essentially a brutish strong, but not particularly agile, tank on legs. Its ability to drop to a stable four-legged posture allows it to become a stable platform for heavy weapons, so the design has been optimized as a mobile artillery platform, able to bring heavy guns and launchers to bear on the battlefield. This comes at the cost of response time(the Mandril is not any more agile than the average battlefield robot), and its massive forepaws are not able to pick up and use handheld weapons(aside from telephone poles and other robots) like many other PS machines.
Mandrils are just starting to enter service with the GNE military, where it is typically part of artillery support units. Crews of Mandrils have already garnered such (unflattering) nicknames as ‘Apemen’, ‘Knuckle-Draggers’, and ‘Hunchies’.
Type: PS-AR-17
Class: Heavy Artillery/Assault Robot
Crew: 2+1-2 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 780
Reinforced Crew Compartment 200
Sensor Boom 25
Arms(2) 350 each
Legs(2) 300 each
Shoulder Mount Weapons(2, optional) 150 each
Backpack Weapon(1, optional) 200
Height: 16 ft
Length: 14 ft
Weight: 65 tons
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 55
Cargo: Small space in crew cabin for survival packs and sidearms. If not carrying a weapons system on the external backpack mount, can carry an additional 2.5 tons of cargo.
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) On the hind legs, the Mandril can make 35 MPH, and on all fours can gallop at 120 MPH
(Leaping) 10 ft up/across standing jump, 35 ft up/across with running leap.
(Flying) Not Possible
(Underwater) Limited to running along the bottom at 6 MPH, maximum depth of 800 ft.
Market Cost: 36 million credits
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems, plus:

*Extendable Periscope Boom---The Mandril has an Enforcer-style sensor tower that can rise or sink 10 ft from a well in the upper surface of the main body, allowing the ‘bot’s crew to look around from behind cover, or from under the water.

Weapons Systems:
1) Pulse Lasers(4)---The only real complaint about this concentration of firepower is the limited arc of fire; the lasers’ fixed position in the front torso limits the play of the lasers, and when the Mandril is on all fours, the position of the arms limits them even more.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10 MD for a pulse shot, 4d6x10 MD for all four lasers firing simultaneously(counts as one attack).
Rate of Fire: EGCHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) (Optional) Shoulder Hardpoints(2)
a) Micro-Missile Launcher---75 shot launcher(3 banks of 25)
b) Mini-Missile Launcher---24 shot launcher
c) Short Range Missile Launcher---12 shot launcher
d) Medium Range Missile Launcher---6 shot launcher
e) Long Range Missile Launcher---2 LRMs per hardpoint
f) Chain Gun--PS-HSGC-AAM-11 20mm Six-Barrel Super Vulcan Cannon
Range: 7,000 ft
Damage:(Proximity-fuzed High-Explosive) 4d4 MD single shot (2 ft blast radius)
1d6x10 MD per 5 rd burst
2d6x10 MD per 10 rd burst(but -1 to strike)
6d6x10 MD for a 40 rd burst(takes THREE attacks and is -3 to strike targets smaller than 20 ft long)
Payload: 4,000 rd drum each gun
Penalty: If more than 4 full 40-rd bursts are fired consecutively, there is a +10% cumulative chance per additional burst of the weapon overheating and seizing up....Takes 1d6 melees to purge the coolant system and unjam the mechanism. Firing multiple lower-volume bursts incurs NO penalty.
Cost: 250,000 credits

g) Heavy Rail Gun ---30mm Rail Gun
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD two-rd burst, 3d6x10 MD for a six round burst
Payload:800 rds
Cost: 280,000 credits

h) 80mm SB Massdriver---
Range: (Direct Fire) 19,000 ft (3.8 miles)
(Indirect Fire) 47,500 ft (9.3 miles)
Damage: High Explosive(HE)----1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)---- 3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
Plasma----- 1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 3d6x10 MD out to 6,600 ft, 2d4x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: 5 shots per melee
Payload: 50 shots
Cost: 400,000 credits

i) Demolition Projector ---150mm short range cannon. This weapon fires a ‘can’ of plastic explosive that ‘splashes’ against a target and detonates, shattering it. It’s typically used for cracking bunkers and knocking down buildings, but it has occasionally found use against vehicles.
Range: 4,800 ft
Damage: 5d4x10 +40 MD to 6 ft blast radius, plus 1d6x10 SDC to anyone inside the armor(or 6d6 SDC to anyone within 10 ft of the other side of the wall). HALF that if used against composite ‘meshed’ armors designed to flex, rather than spald(most power armors are contructed to have a certain amount of ‘warp’ to their structure, but cheaper armors, like Chipwell and early Northern Gun designs, lack this protection).
More advanced modern armors, such as those used by the Coalition, Triax, and other very high tech nations(the Kittani, for instance), for their EBA, power armors, robots, some vehicles, and special purpose fortifications(such as high echelon command bunkers) are designed NOT to spald, due to multiple composite layers of megadamage fabric and netting.....for these armors, spalding/bleed-through damage may be reduced to 1/4, or may not apply at all(GMs, use your discretion). Normal blast damage still applies, though, as the ouuter layers of armor are blown off/vaporized.
Rate of Fire:Single shot
Payload: 10 rds
Penalties: The D-charge is rather slow (250 ft per second) and is meant to be used against stationary and slow-moving targets(like vehicles)...Against faster, more agile, targets like power armors and hovercycles that actually get a dodge, the D-charge is -2 to strike.
Cost: 200,000 credits, Projectile: 2,800 credits each

j) Autocannon---3-Inch(76mm) Gun
Range:14,600 yards in a surface role, 29,800 feet in anti-aircraft mode
Damage:
(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 20 ft blast radius
(High Explosive-Armor-Piercing)2d4x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius
(Flare)Burns for 1d4 minutes, illuminating a 2,000 ft area
Rate of Fire: 20 rds per minute(5 shots per melee)
Payload: 35 shot magazine per gun
Cost: 200,000 credits

k)Heavy Flamer
Range: 800 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flamethrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Payload:
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 25 blasts
(Napalm) 70 blasts
(MD Fluid) 140 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 150 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 220 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).
Cost: 90,000 credits
(Gasoline/Alcohol) Typically 5-60 credits(depending on availability)
(Napalm) 90 credits per tank
(MD Fluid) 1000 credits per tank
(Incendi-Gel) 1800 credits per tank
(WI Napalm-P) 2500 credits per tank

l) Plasma Cannon
Range:(Plasma Stream) 2000 ft
(Plasma Bolt) 1500 ft
Damage:(Plasma Stream) 1d6x10 MD per blast*
*Can be increased by 50% with a ‘hot shot’ injection of deuterium gas
(Plasma Bolt) 1d4x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Deuterium Gas Reservoir has enough gas under pressure for 45 shots.
Cost: 100,000 credits, plus 1,200 credits per deuterium ‘hotshot’ cartridge.

m) Plasma Sprayer----The Mandril saw the first fitting of the PPR-9D ‘Scorch-Wave’ Plasma projector, an adaptation of the PPR-9 ‘Heat Wave’ Tri-Barrel Plasma Gatling Projector. Instead of using compact plasma cartridges, however, the PPR-9D uses a conventional plasma draw and generation system, powered by a link to the robot’s main powerplant. The PPR-9D is heavier than its infantry counterpart, and requires a heavy cooling jacket, but has the advantage of nearly unlimited shots.
Range: 3,000 ft...Maximum range for a six-shot burst drops to 2,500 ft with a 6-ft wide ‘spread’, and for a twelve-shot burst to 2,000 ft with an eight-foot spread.
Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, 2d4x10+10 MD per three-shot burst, 3d6x10 MD per six-shot burst(2d6x10 MD beyond 2,500 ft out to its maximum range), and a whopping 6d6x10 MD for a twelve-shot burst(4d6x10 MD beyond 2,000 ft out to its maximum range)
Rate of Fire: Single shot, three, six, or twelve shot bursts
Cost: 75,000 credits

n) Pulse Laser----RFL-42 Slayer Quad-Laser Cannon---The powerful PS-RFL-40, a new PS laser weapons system with better range and a redesigned coolant jacket.
Range: 6,000 ft(60,000 ft in space)
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 2d4x10 MD short burst (four shots, one from each barrel), 4d4x10 MD medium burst (eight shots, two from each barrel in sequence), 4d6x10 MD long burst (takes two attacks), or 6d6x10 MD full melee burst (takes three attacks).
Cost: 4 million credits; rarely available

o) Heavy Laser Cannon
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast
1d4x10 +6 MD double blast
1d6x10 +10 MD triple blast
Cost: 2 million credits

p) Ion Cannon
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast
Payload:200 shot battery. Effectively unlimited if attached to a nuclear powerplant.
Cost:200,000 credits
Options:*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel mod that turns the cannon into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 2,000 ft, but does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area. Cost: 10,000 credits
*Ion Booster Module---Another mod that boosts the range of the ion bolts, albeit with a small reduction in damage capability. Reduce damage to 1d4x10 MD, but boost range to 7,000 ft. Cost: 12,000 credits

q) Particle Beam Cannon
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee
Payload:80 shot battery. Effectively unlimited if attached to a nuclear powerplant.
Cost: 950,000 credits

r) Metal Storm 40mm Mortar System
Range: 6 miles
Damage:(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 6 ft blast radius
(High Explosive) 1d4x10+3 MD to 1.5 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-18
Payload: Each barrel holds 5 40-mm projectiles for a total of 180 rds
Cost: 60,000 credits for the basic unit

s)PS-L-CIWS Vulcan Chain Gun(aka “Button Guns”)---This installation, introduced on the Type 9 Battlemover, then adapted as an air defense weapon option for the VW Camper Gunship, has been adapted for shipboard use as PS’s standard light maritime weapons system. The system is a very compact and neat installation that takes up little space, and has been compared to the pre-Rifts Russian ADMG-630 30mm Gatling CIWS that saw extensive service aboard Russian warships. The PS-L-CIWS is often called the “Button Gun” because of its squat, flattened dome-like turret.
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per 20 rd burst(can only fire bursts)
Rate of Fire: EGCHH, as an automated defense system linked to a radar/sensor system, the “Button Gun” has a +2 to strike, and four attacks per melee.
Payload:8,000 rd drum(200 bursts)
Cost: 30,000 credits

t)Magepod TW Magic Projector System
Weight: 1,000 lbs
Range: Varies by spell
Damage/Duration: Varies by spell
PPE Cost per Use: Varies by spell. However, the use of focusing elements and activator spells effectively reduces spell PPE cost by HALF.
(So you Technowizards aren’t flummoxed by PPE costs in a long-running battle, while the still relatively high PPE costs for the high-end spells keeps someone from using Sphere of Annihilation in every battle).
Payload: Draws from the main PPE Battery(the model fitted to the Mandril shoulder mounts has 200 PPE). In an emergency, the pilot, if they are a mage or psychic, can kick in their own PPE.
Bonuses: As per spell(if any)
Cost: The basic mage Pod system costs about 1.2 million credits
Spell Cards cost (as per Jason Richards’ guidelines in Rifter #2) 5,000 credits per PPE cost of main spell plus an additional cost (as per following modifiers)
*500 credits per level of the creating caster(Mages’ time and PPE are money, so expect to pay more for the longer duration/higher power spells)
*Warlock spells cost 20% more, in addition to above modifiers, owing to the difficulties of adapting Elemental Magic to ‘conventional” magic systems.

3)(Optional) Backpack Hardpoint
a)Mini-Missile Launcher----120 mini-missiles, volleys of 1-10
b) Short Range Missile Launcher----50 SRMs, volleys of 1-10
c)Medium Range Missile Launcher---18 MRMs, volleys of 1-9
d) Long Range Missile Launcher---6
e) Katyusha Rack----North American version of the RM-72 MRLS, firing two generic types of unguided artillery rocket.
Range:(Short) 7 miles
(Long) 13 miles
Damage: Both missile types use a 122mm warhead, typically the following warhead types(damage may vary as much as 50% by the quality of warhead manufacture):
(Fragmentation) 1d6x10 MD to a 60 ft blast radius
(Incendiary) 1d4x10 MD to a 50 ft blast radius, plus 01-75% chance of setting combustible materials aflame
(High Explosive) 2d6x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
(Plasma) 3d4x10 MD to a 40 ft blast radius
(Smoke) Covers a 100 ft area in thick obscuring smoke. Typically disperses within 1d6 melees, depending on local wind and humidity conditions.
(Chemical) Varies, but typically used to dispense CS or nerve agents Typically covers a 100 ft area. Like the smoke, local weather conditions determine the dispersal rate.
(Submunition)---Detonates airburst style over the target and scatters a small cloud of grenade-like sub-mines, that can be used to infilade an area with contact explosives or delayed-fuze mines. Carries over 18 submunitions, scattering over a 100 ft area, and doing 5d6 MD to a 10 ft blast radius each.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-30
Payload: 40-shot calliope array
Penalties: Katyushas use the standard rules for unguided artillery with regard to deviation from target. Best fired in salvoes of 4 or more rockets.
Cost: 750,000 credits for the launcher array, missiles cost 5,000 credits for short range, 10,000 credits for long, plus the cost per warhead; Fragmentation costs 45,000 credits, Incendiary 60,000 credits, High Explosive 70,000 credits, plasma 100,000 credits, smoke 800 credits, sub-munitions 120,000 credits.

f)Heavy Autocannon---175mm LB Mass Driver Cannon(PS-MDJ175L)
Weight:41,000 lbs(20.5 tons)
Range:(Direct Fire) 44,000 ft (8.8 miles)
(Indirect Fire) 110,000 ft( 22 miles)
Damage:High Explosive(HE)---- 4d6x10 MD to 50 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)----5d6x10 MD to 10 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 3d6x10 MD to 70 ft radius
Plasma-----1d6x 50+10 MD to 50 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 7d6x10 MD out to 15,000 ft, 4d6x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 35 rounds
Cost: 8.3 million credits

g) Heavy Plasma Cannon---This weapon fires a plasma ‘torpedo’ for greater range and area of effect.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d6x10 MD to a 10 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee maximum
Cost: 3 million credits

h) Twin Chain Gun Mount---This is a twin mount of the single SuperVulcan available as a shoulder-mount, on its own turntable and with its own sensor/targeting system.
1d6x10 MD per 5 rd burst
6d6x10 MD for a 40 rd burst(takes THREE attacks and is -3 to strike targets smaller than 20 ft long)
A DOUBLE burst(80 rds) would take ALL attacks that melee, would still have the same -3 to strike, but would do a whopping 6d6x20 MD!
Bonus: +2 to strike airborne targets, thanks to an onboard independent targeting sensor system.
Penalty: If more than 4 full 40-rd bursts are fired consecutively, there is a +10% cumulative chance per additional burst of the weapon overheating and seizing up....Takes 1d6 melees to purge the coolant system and unjam the mechanism. Firing multiple lower-volume bursts incurs NO penalty.

i) Mega-Scat Cannon(Twin mount)--Designed, ideally, for bringing down large numbers of airborne Xiticix, the Mega-Scat is no more than a heavy howitzer modified into a giant shotgun, blasting huge amounts of metal and ceramic shrapnel into a lethal cloud of death. The shell is a garbage-barrel sized drum. PS is working on a version that scatters aerodynamic fletchettes for greater blast radius and damage.
Damage: 2d6x10 MD to a 30 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Four times per melee
Payload: 30 rds per cannon

j) PS-OTO-CIWS Goalkeeper Point Defense Turret---Though the PS couldn’t acquire the plans for the Coalition’s C90R CIWS, they did acquire a similar, if less powerful, system from their European contacts; a modernized upgrade of the OTO Melara Goalkeeper CIWS. The PS-OTO is intended for larger vessels, and is rarely effectively mounted on smaller vessels; the mounting on the Mandril is an experiment in battlefield air defense.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per 60 rd burst
Rate of Fire: 6 attacks per melee
Payload: 12,000 rds per gun(200 bursts each)
Radar Targeting Bonus: +3 to strike

k)T-410 20mm Gun-Launcher System---This is an independent-turreted mounting of the T-410 20mm Micro-Missile Launcher Gun; meant to ‘seed’ areas of sky ahead of airborne enemies with micro-missiles.
Range: (T-410)Gun launcher fires the micromissile out to about 8,200 ft, whereafter the rocket propulsion takes over.
(Micromissiles)8,000 ft for all types
Damage/Bonuses:
(T-410)
Pattern-2a---4d4 MD to 2 ft blast radius
Pattern-2b----6d6 MD to a 5 ft blast radius, or 2d6 MDC out to a 18 ft blast radius in fragmentation mode
Pattern-2c----(Incendiary)2d4 MD to 5 ft blast radius, does an additional 1d4 burn damage for 2d4 melees
Bonuses:
(T-410)(All Patterns)(+3 to strike airborne targets, +1 to strike ground targets) Gyro-Compass Chip, Laser-Sensor Microchip, Radar Trigger Chip, Image Sensing Chip, Infra-Red Sensing Chip.
Rate of Fire: Bursts of 3-40 rds per melee
Payload: 300 rd bin
Cost: 150,000 credits for the T-410 Gun System
(T-410)
(Pattern-2a) 90 credits each
(Pattern-2b)130 credits each
(Pattern-2c)150 credits each

l)Jump-Pack---This replaces all weapons with a rocket pack able to hurtle the Mandril airborne, rocketing the giant machine up to 360 ft up/across. Can be used once per melee.
Cost: 1.2 million credits

Hand to Hand Combat:
(Use the Basic and Elite Robot Combat Training for the bonuses; no other adjustments)
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Punch 5d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d4x10 MD
Kick 1d6 MD
Swinging Kick--By poising on its forelimbs and swinging its legs between, the Mandril can deliver a double-leg power kick. (2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD

Variants:
*PS-AR-17E---’Vulture Ape’---This variant of the Mandril has been optimized for battlefield salvage work. The forepaws sport powerful electromagnets for trawling recyclable metals, the back hardpoint holds a large basket for storing salvage(up to 30 tons can be carried), the shoulders mount laser cutters and tool heads. The chest mounts an extendable armature(10 ft reach and 80 MDC) that mounts twin laser torches and cutting heads, as well as standing space for up to two workers, for in-close work.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Arnie100
Knight

Now, if someone would come up with something like Mecha-Godzilla, we'd have a proper monster mash!!
Aramanthus
Monk

Another excellent vehicle. We are going to be wanting to purchase several dozen of these for the Federated States. Please keep the new gear coming.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Arnie100 wrote:Now, if someone would come up with something like Mecha-Godzilla, we'd have a proper monster mash!!

Try some of the Kittani Dino-Robots from South America......

Better yet, just to keep things fair, a half dozen....maybe a dozen depending on the artillery fitout on the Mandril...
Or just keep it at one...because life ain't fair...why shouldn't that hold true for the Kittani as well?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

taalismn wrote:Paladin Steel ‘Mandril’ Heavy Robot Vehicle

“Damn! Looks like that intel flash was right! Somebody IS hitting across dimensions, kidnapping people! “
“Looks like the same crowd that hit Alsorport....The ship description matches, even down to the damage the security guards at the Alsorport outlet inflicted on it...”
“Same bunch, same modus operandi....They’re coming in sneaky, like they aren’t aware we’re tracking them...”
“Doubt they do...This place is fairly primitive, and we wouldn’t have known how to adjust our scanners if the Company hadn’t couriered us an intel update...”
“Okay...looks like they’re down about 6 miles outside of town. If they’re true to form, they’ll be sending out scouts to locate their targets...young women...before doing their big grab and dash...”
“They have any idea this is now a company town?”
“If they did, they’d be behaving differently, ESPECIALLY if they knew there was somebody else with transdimensional travel capabilities in the area aware of them...Disguising the outlet and the minehead seems to be working...Once we confirm movement in that area, Tomlin and his scouts will encircle and cut off their landing party, and the heavy armor will dash in and hit their ship...That would be you and your Mandril, Sergeant Hurt....With luck, we’ll catch ‘em with their airlocks open and their engines powered down.”
“Looks like it’s up to us and ‘Mighty Joe Young’ then to save the %*^ing day...”

While PS engineers were trying to iron out all the bugs with their uber-modular ‘Patriot’ robot concept, PSRbt got several of the Kittani-trained engineers they had headhunted from the refugee exodus from Atlantis to work on a stop-gap heavy design. These rogue techs gave to PS’s normally staid and conservative designs an innovation and aesthetic lacking in previous efforts, and helped revitalize the robotics effort. The brutal Mandril is one of the results of the collaboration....
The Mandril, as its name suggests, resembles a hunchbacked, knuckle-walking ape. The robot can waddle on two rear legs, or gallop on all fours. Armor is extremely heavy; meant to handle both combat damage and heavy rough-terrain movement. The design is headless, the robot instead having a bulging, thickly-armored torso covered in sensor blisters and vision periscopes for its crew.
Weaponry is heavy, consisting of two heavy shoulder-mount weapons systems, and an optional rear missile pod. For close-in defense, the broad chest mounts an array of pulse lasers that can flay off the armor of most power armors, and vaporize lesser targets. And, when it comes to melee combat, the Mandril can apehandle most robots and monsters into smash-origami with its brute strength....
The Mandril is essentially a brutish strong, but not particularly agile, tank on legs. Its ability to drop to a stable four-legged posture allows it to become a stable platform for heavy weapons, so the design has been optimized as a mobile artillery platform, able to bring heavy guns and launchers to bear on the battlefield. This comes at the cost of response time(the Mandril is not any more agile than the average battlefield robot), and its massive forepaws are not able to pick up and use handheld weapons(aside from telephone poles and other robots) like many other PS machines.
Mandrils are just starting to enter service with the GNE military, where it is typically part of artillery support units. Crews of Mandrils have already garnered such (unflattering) nicknames as ‘Apemen’, ‘Knuckle-Draggers’, and ‘Hunchies’.
Type: PS-AR-17
Class: Heavy Artillery/Assault Robot
Crew: 2+1-2 passengers
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 780
Reinforced Crew Compartment 200
Sensor Boom 25
Arms(2) 350 each
Legs(2) 300 each
Shoulder Mount Weapons(2, optional) 150 each
Backpack Weapon(1, optional) 200
Height: 16 ft
Length: 14 ft
Weight: 65 tons
Physical Strength: Robotic P.S. of 55
Cargo: Small space in crew cabin for survival packs and sidearms. If not carrying a weapons system on the external backpack mount, can carry an additional 2.5 tons of cargo.
Powerplant: Nuclear Fusion w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Running) On the hind legs, the Mandril can make 35 MPH, and on all fours can gallop at 120 MPH
(Leaping) 10 ft up/across standing jump, 35 ft up/across with running leap.
(Flying) Not Possible
(Underwater) Limited to running along the bottom at 6 MPH, maximum depth of 800 ft.
Market Cost: 36 million credits
Systems of Note:
Standard Robot Systems, plus:

*Extendable Periscope Boom---The Mandril has an Enforcer-style sensor tower that can rise or sink 10 ft from a well in the upper surface of the main body, allowing the ‘bot’s crew to look around from behind cover, or from under the water.

Weapons Systems:
1) Pulse Lasers(4)---The only real complaint about this concentration of firepower is the limited arc of fire; the lasers’ fixed position in the front torso limits the play of the lasers, and when the Mandril is on all fours, the position of the arms limits them even more.
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10 MD for a pulse shot, 4d6x10 MD for all four lasers firing simultaneously(counts as one attack).

2) (Optional) Shoulder Hardpoints(2)
a) Micro-Missile Launcher---75 shot launcher(3 banks of 25)
b) Mini-Missile Launcher---24 shot launcher
c) Short Range Missile Launcher---12 shot launcher
d) Medium Range Missile Launcher---6 shot launcher
e) Long Range Missile Launcher---2 LRMs per hardpoint
f) Chain Gun--PS-HSGC-AAM-11 20mm Six-Barrel Super Vulcan Cannon
1d6x10 MD per 5 rd burst

g) Heavy Rail Gun ---30mm Rail Gun
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single rd, 1d6x10 MD two-rd burst, 3d6x10 MD for a six round burst
Payload:800 rds
Cost: 280,000 credits

h) 80mm SB Massdriver---
Range: (Direct Fire) 19,000 ft (3.8 miles)
(Indirect Fire) 47,500 ft (9.3 miles)
Damage: High Explosive(HE)----1d4x10 MD to 15 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)---- 3d4x10 MD to 5 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 5d6 MD to 30 ft radius
Plasma----- 1d6x10 MD to 20 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 3d6x10 MD out to 6,600 ft, 2d4x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: 5 shots per melee
Payload: 50 shots
Cost: 400,000 credits

i) Demolition Projector ---150mm short range cannon. This weapon fires a ‘can’ of plastic explosive that ‘splashes’ against a target and detonates, shattering it. It’s typically used for cracking bunkers and knocking down buildings, but it has occasionally found use against vehicles.
Range: 4,800 ft
Damage: 5d4x10 +40 MD to 6 ft blast radius, plus 1d6x10 SDC to anyone inside the armor(or 6d6 SDC to anyone within 10 ft of the other side of the wall). HALF that if used against composite ‘meshed’ armors designed to flex, rather than spald(most power armors are contructed to have a certain amount of ‘warp’ to their structure, but cheaper armors, like Chipwell and early Northern Gun designs, lack this protection).
More advanced modern armors, such as those used by the Coalition, Triax, and other very high tech nations(the Kittani, for instance), for their EBA, power armors, robots, some vehicles, and special purpose fortifications(such as high echelon command bunkers) are designed NOT to spald, due to multiple composite layers of megadamage fabric and netting.....for these armors, spalding/bleed-through damage may be reduced to 1/4, or may not apply at all(GMs, use your discretion). Normal blast damage still applies, though, as the ouuter layers of armor are blown off/vaporized.
Rate of Fire:Single shot
Payload: 10 rds
Penalties: The D-charge is rather slow (250 ft per second) and is meant to be used against stationary and slow-moving targets(like vehicles)...Against faster, more agile, targets like power armors and hovercycles that actually get a dodge, the D-charge is -2 to strike.
Cost: 200,000 credits, Projectile: 2,800 credits each

j) Autocannon---3-Inch(76mm) Gun
Range:14,600 yards in a surface role, 29,800 feet in anti-aircraft mode
Damage:
(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 20 ft blast radius
(High Explosive-Armor-Piercing)2d4x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius
(Flare)Burns for 1d4 minutes, illuminating a 2,000 ft area
Rate of Fire: 20 rds per minute(5 shots per melee)
Payload: 35 shot magazine per gun

k)Heavy Flamer
Range: 800 ft
Damage:(Direct-Stream Mode)
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel)2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flamethrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Payload:
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 25 blasts
(Napalm) 70 blasts
(MD Fluid) 140 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 150 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 220 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).
Cost: 90,000 credits
(Gasoline/Alcohol) Typically 5-60 credits(depending on availability)
(Napalm) 90 credits per tank
(MD Fluid) 1000 credits per tank
(Incendi-Gel) 1800 credits per tank
(WI Napalm-P) 2500 credits per tank

l) Plasma Cannon
Range:(Plasma Stream) 2000 ft
(Plasma Bolt) 1500 ft
Damage:(Plasma Stream) 1d6x10 MD per blast*
*Can be increased by 50% with a ‘hot shot’ injection of deuterium gas
(Plasma Bolt) 1d4x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Deuterium Gas Reservoir has enough gas under pressure for 45 shots.
Cost: 100,000 credits, plus 1,200 credits per deuterium ‘hotshot’ cartridge.

m) Plasma Sprayer----The Mandril saw the first fitting of the PPR-9D ‘Scorch-Wave’ Plasma projector, an adaptation of the PPR-9 ‘Heat Wave’ Tri-Barrel Plasma Gatling Projector. Instead of using compact plasma cartridges, however, the PPR-9D uses a conventional plasma draw and generation system, powered by a link to the robot’s main powerplant. The PPR-9D is heavier than its infantry counterpart, and requires a heavy cooling jacket, but has the advantage of nearly unlimited shots.
Range: 3,000 ft...Maximum range for a six-shot burst drops to 2,500 ft with a 6-ft wide ‘spread’, and for a twelve-shot burst to 2,000 ft with an eight-foot spread.
Damage: 5d6 MD per single blast, 2d4x10+10 MD per three-shot burst, 3d6x10 MD per six-shot burst(2d6x10 MD beyond 2,500 ft out to its maximum range), and a whopping 6d6x10 MD for a twelve-shot burst(4d6x10 MD beyond 2,000 ft out to its maximum range)
Rate of Fire: Single shot, three, six, or twelve shot bursts
Cost: 75,000 credits

n) Pulse Laser----RFL-42 Slayer Quad-Laser Cannon---The powerful PS-RFL-40, a new PS laser weapons system with better range and a redesigned coolant jacket.
Range: 6,000 ft(60,000 ft in space)
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 2d4x10 MD short burst (four shots, one from each barrel), 4d4x10 MD medium burst (eight shots, two from each barrel in sequence), 4d6x10 MD long burst (takes two attacks), or 6d6x10 MD full melee burst (takes three attacks).
Cost: 4 million credits; rarely available

o) Heavy Laser Cannon
Damage: 4d6 MD single blast
1d4x10 +6 MD double blast
1d6x10 +10 MD triple blast
Cost: 2 million credits

p) Ion Cannon
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast
Payload:200 shot battery. Effectively unlimited if attached to a nuclear powerplant.
Cost:200,000 credits
Options:*Ion Scatter-Shot Module---This is a barrel mod that turns the cannon into a short range shotgun with an area of effect blast. Reduce range to 2,000 ft, but does 5d6 MD to a 30 ft wide area. Cost: 10,000 credits
*Ion Booster Module---Another mod that boosts the range of the ion bolts, albeit with a small reduction in damage capability. Reduce damage to 1d4x10 MD, but boost range to 7,000 ft. Cost: 12,000 credits

q) Particle Beam Cannon
Damage: 3d6x10 MD per blast
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee
Payload:80 shot battery. Effectively unlimited if attached to a nuclear powerplant.
Cost: 950,000 credits

r) Metal Storm 40mm Mortar System
Range: 6 miles
Damage:(Fragmentation) 4d6 MD to 6 ft blast radius
(High Explosive) 1d4x10+3 MD to 1.5 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-18
Payload: Each barrel holds 5 40-mm projectiles for a total of 180 rds
Cost: 60,000 credits for the basic unit

s)PS-L-CIWS Vulcan Chain Gun(aka “Button Guns”)---This installation, introduced on the Type 9 Battlemover, then adapted as an air defense weapon option for the VW Camper Gunship, has been adapted for shipboard use as PS’s standard light maritime weapons system. The system is a very compact and neat installation that takes up little space, and has been compared to the pre-Rifts Russian ADMG-630 30mm Gatling CIWS that saw extensive service aboard Russian warships. The PS-L-CIWS is often called the “Button Gun” because of its squat, flattened dome-like turret.
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per 20 rd burst(can only fire bursts)
Rate of Fire: EGCHH, as an automated defense system linked to a radar/sensor system, the “Button Gun” has a +2 to strike, and four attacks per melee.
Payload:8,000 rd drum(200 bursts)
Cost: 30,000 credits

t)Magepod TW Magic Projector System
Weight: 1,000 lbs
Range: Varies by spell
Damage/Duration: Varies by spell
PPE Cost per Use: Varies by spell. However, the use of focusing elements and activator spells effectively reduces spell PPE cost by HALF.
(So you Technowizards aren’t flummoxed by PPE costs in a long-running battle, while the still relatively high PPE costs for the high-end spells keeps someone from using Sphere of Annihilation in every battle).
Payload: Draws from the main PPE Battery(the model fitted to the Mandril shoulder mounts has 200 PPE). In an emergency, the pilot, if they are a mage or psychic, can kick in their own PPE.
Bonuses: As per spell(if any)
Cost: The basic mage Pod system costs about 1.2 million credits
Spell Cards cost (as per Jason Richards’ guidelines in Rifter #2) 5,000 credits per PPE cost of main spell plus an additional cost (as per following modifiers)
*500 credits per level of the creating caster(Mages’ time and PPE are money, so expect to pay more for the longer duration/higher power spells)
*Warlock spells cost 20% more, in addition to above modifiers, owing to the difficulties of adapting Elemental Magic to ‘conventional” magic systems.

3)(Optional) Backpack Hardpoint
a)Mini-Missile Launcher----120 mini-missiles, volleys of 1-10
b) Short Range Missile Launcher----50 SRMs, volleys of 1-10
c)Medium Range Missile Launcher---18 MRMs, volleys of 1-9
d) Long Range Missile Launcher---6
e) Katyusha Rack----North American version of the RM-72 MRLS, firing two generic types of unguided artillery rocket.
Range:(Short) 7 miles
(Long) 13 miles
Damage: Both missile types use a 122mm warhead, typically the following warhead types(damage may vary as much as 50% by the quality of warhead manufacture):
(Fragmentation) 1d6x10 MD to a 60 ft blast radius
(Incendiary) 1d4x10 MD to a 50 ft blast radius, plus 01-75% chance of setting combustible materials aflame
(High Explosive) 2d6x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
(Plasma) 3d4x10 MD to a 40 ft blast radius
(Smoke) Covers a 100 ft area in thick obscuring smoke. Typically disperses within 1d6 melees, depending on local wind and humidity conditions.
(Chemical) Varies, but typically used to dispense CS or nerve agents Typically covers a 100 ft area. Like the smoke, local weather conditions determine the dispersal rate.
(Submunition)---Detonates airburst style over the target and scatters a small cloud of grenade-like sub-mines, that can be used to infilade an area with contact explosives or delayed-fuze mines. Carries over 18 submunitions, scattering over a 100 ft area, and doing 5d6 MD to a 10 ft blast radius each.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-30
Payload: 40-shot calliope array
Penalties: Katyushas use the standard rules for unguided artillery with regard to deviation from target. Best fired in salvoes of 4 or more rockets.
Cost: 750,000 credits for the launcher array, missiles cost 5,000 credits for short range, 10,000 credits for long, plus the cost per warhead; Fragmentation costs 45,000 credits, Incendiary 60,000 credits, High Explosive 70,000 credits, plasma 100,000 credits, smoke 800 credits, sub-munitions 120,000 credits.

f)Heavy Autocannon---175mm LB Mass Driver Cannon(PS-MDJ175L)
Weight:41,000 lbs(20.5 tons)
Range:(Direct Fire) 44,000 ft (8.8 miles)
(Indirect Fire) 110,000 ft( 22 miles)
Damage:High Explosive(HE)---- 4d6x10 MD to 50 ft radius
High Explosive Anti-Tank(HEAT)----5d6x10 MD to 10 ft radius
Fragmentation--- 3d6x10 MD to 70 ft radius
Plasma-----1d6x 50+10 MD to 50 ft radius
(APFSDSDU)(Armor Piercing Fin Stabilized Discarding Sabot Depleted Uranium) 7d6x10 MD out to 15,000 ft, 4d6x10 MD out to maximum range
Rate of Fire: Once per melee
Payload: 35 rounds
Cost: 8.3 million credits

g) Heavy Plasma Cannon---This weapon fires a plasma ‘torpedo’ for greater range and area of effect.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 2d6x10 MD to a 10 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Three times per melee maximum
Cost: 3 million credits

h) Twin Chain Gun Mount---This is a twin mount of the single SuperVulcan available as a shoulder-mount, on its own turntable and with its own sensor/targeting system.
1d6x10 MD per 5 rd burst
A DOUBLE burst(80 rds) would take ALL attacks that melee, would still have the same -3 to strike, but would do a whopping 6d6x20 MD!
Bonus: +2 to strike airborne targets, thanks to an onboard independent targeting sensor system.

i) Mega-Scat Cannon(Twin mount)--Designed, ideally, for bringing down large numbers of airborne Xiticix, the Mega-Scat is no more than a heavy howitzer modified into a giant shotgun, blasting huge amounts of metal and ceramic shrapnel into a lethal cloud of death. The shell is a garbage-barrel sized drum. PS is working on a version that scatters aerodynamic fletchettes for greater blast radius and damage.
Damage: 2d6x10 MD to a 30 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Four times per melee
Payload: 30 rds per cannon

j) PS-OTO-CIWS Goalkeeper Point Defense Turret---Though the PS couldn’t acquire the plans for the Coalition’s C90R CIWS, they did acquire a similar, if less powerful, system from their European contacts; a modernized upgrade of the OTO Melara Goalkeeper CIWS. The PS-OTO is intended for larger vessels, and is rarely effectively mounted on smaller vessels; the mounting on the Mandril is an experiment in battlefield air defense.
Damage: 2d4x10 MD per 60 rd burst
Rate of Fire: 6 attacks per melee
Payload: 12,000 rds per gun(200 bursts each)
Radar Targeting Bonus: +3 to strike

k)T-410 20mm Gun-Launcher System---This is an independent-turreted mounting of the T-410 20mm Micro-Missile Launcher Gun; meant to ‘seed’ areas of sky ahead of airborne enemies with micro-missiles.
Range: (T-410)Gun launcher fires the micromissile out to about 8,200 ft, whereafter the rocket propulsion takes over.
(Micromissiles)8,000 ft for all types
Damage/Bonuses:
(T-410)
Pattern-2a---4d4 MD to 2 ft blast radius
Pattern-2b----6d6 MD to a 5 ft blast radius, or 2d6 MDC out to a 18 ft blast radius in fragmentation mode
Pattern-2c----(Incendiary)2d4 MD to 5 ft blast radius, does an additional 1d4 burn damage for 2d4 melees
Bonuses:
(T-410)(All Patterns)(+3 to strike airborne targets, +1 to strike ground targets) Gyro-Compass Chip, Laser-Sensor Microchip, Radar Trigger Chip, Image Sensing Chip, Infra-Red Sensing Chip.
Rate of Fire: Bursts of 3-40 rds per melee
Payload: 300 rd bin
Cost: 150,000 credits for the T-410 Gun System
(T-410)
(Pattern-2a) 90 credits each
(Pattern-2b)130 credits each
(Pattern-2c)150 credits each

l)Jump-Pack---This replaces all weapons with a rocket pack able to hurtle the Mandril airborne, rocketing the giant machine up to 360 ft up/across. Can be used once per melee.
Cost: 1.2 million credits

Hand to Hand Combat:
(Use the Basic and Elite Robot Combat Training for the bonuses; no other adjustments)
Restrained Punch 1d6 MD
Punch 5d6 MD
Power Punch(2 attacks) 1d4x10 MD
Kick 1d6 MD
Swinging Kick--By poising on its forelimbs and swinging its legs between, the Mandril can deliver a double-leg power kick. (2 attacks) 1d6x10 MD
Body Block/Tackle 4d6 MD

Variants:
*PS-AR-17E---’Vulture Ape’---This variant of the Mandril has been optimized for battlefield salvage work. The forepaws sport powerful electromagnets for trawling recyclable metals, the back hardpoint holds a large basket for storing salvage(up to 30 tons can be carried), the shoulders mount laser cutters and tool heads. The chest mounts an extendable armature(10 ft reach and 80 MDC) that mounts twin laser torches and cutting heads, as well as standing space for up to two workers, for in-close work.

NICE

how would it look ? artist anyone
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL You really don't have to highlight the whole article Zino! :D

HH....FIE
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

How about animal armor-chicken style :lol:
Good for a laugh if nothing else.
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

lego style nanites!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:lego style nanites!

Use Paladin Steel megadamage shipping crates for large scale 'lego-style' construction....

But open air free-range construction nano? THat's up there with Galactic-level technology..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

abe wrote:How about animal armor-chicken style :lol:
Good for a laugh if nothing else.

Chicken robots, maybe...for barn/farm security...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

LOL And maybe you could put black armor on them and make sure they have loud respirators on them. :D And stylize their helmuts.

HH....FIE
taalismn
Priest

Aramanthus wrote:LOL And maybe you could put black armor on them and make sure they have loud respirators on them. :D And stylize their helmuts.

Not even going there...It's a conversion..Worse, it's a BAD conversion.....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

At >1500 posts in this topic you're going to need an index. This topic is unwieldy for me. :(
taalismn
Priest

Natasha wrote:At >1500 posts in this topic you're going to need an index. This topic is unwieldy for me. :(

I'm composing a product list to help folks out....and now I'm figuring I'll have to add thread page numbers to it...but everytime I get close to finish it, I go lunging after another blazing fresh idea or addition to a WIP...
Yet another project to add to the list...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Unread post by Natasha »

taalismn wrote:
Natasha wrote:At >1500 posts in this topic you're going to need an index. This topic is unwieldy for me. :(

I'm composing a product list to help folks out....and now I'm figuring I'll have to add thread page numbers to it...but everytime I get close to finish it, I go lunging after another blazing fresh idea or addition to a WIP...

Page numbers won't work, since that's mutable in user profile. :(

One thing you could do is provide a good search string, such as the object's name, in a list so we can look it up for ourselves using the search engine here.
taalismn
Priest

Natasha wrote:
taalismn wrote:

Page numbers won't work, since that's mutable in user profile. :(

One thing you could do is provide a good search string, such as the object's name, in a list so we can look it up for ourselves using the search engine here.

LIke a product code number and the name?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”