New Generation Book info!!!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Arnie100
Knight

Re: New Generation Book info!!!

Unread post by Arnie100 »

This'll be cool!
They can't see me...Right!?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Looking forward to it!
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

New and Variant mecha....here is hoping or a lot of new toys....my biggest hope...Lunk's big'ole'honkin'gun'o'smackdown
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Wide Dispersal Bio-Emulators, aka Invid protoculture sensor spoofers. Love those things!
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

I wanna see the section on the Invid meself!
They can't see me...Right!?
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Robot Urchin wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:New and Variant mecha....here is hoping or a lot of new toys....my biggest hope...Lunk's big'ole'honkin'gun'o'smackdown

Not too many toys, I hope. It would wind up like Macross and the Masters - while those books were cool, they were mostly equipment and had room for little else. Character bios (especially since New Generation was way more focused on character than story), adventure ideas and world info are definitely welcome (though world info isn't specifically listed). I hope we get the Invid/human cyborg stats too.

I am going to disagree with you on what I would like to see (slightly) - I rather they drop the Character Bio's for more equipment or World Information. Character Bio's do nothing to help flesh out the world and the game, save for a hint in the Character's background. But Equipment and World Info are by far more valuable and usable for a game master and group.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Possibly we'll get the Mospeada 'Destroids' like the Boxer, Jaguar, Cougar and Tiger. There were, after all, 2 Tigers shown in the Love & War comics so I imagine they're considered viable mecha now.

Mospeada mecha lineup

As for variants, there is the transformable version of the Condor that appears ever so briefly in eps. #61 The Invid Invasion. There is also what appears to be a semi-variable bike from Hired Gun, likely a predecessor to the Cyclone capable of being folded up and stored in the Alpha.
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

I'm interested in the guidelines for using mecha from all three Robotech wars. Perhaps those rules will finally put to rest (or add fuel to the fire) the SLMH and Protoculture power systems debates.
Chris0013
Hero

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Possibly we'll get the Mospeada 'Destroids' like the Boxer, Jaguar, Cougar and Tiger. There were, after all, 2 Tigers shown in the Love & War comics so I imagine they're considered viable mecha now.

Mospeada mecha lineup

As for variants, there is the transformable version of the Condor that appears ever so briefly in eps. #61 The Invid Invasion. There is also what appears to be a semi-variable bike from Hired Gun, likely a predecessor to the Cyclone capable of being folded up and stored in the Alpha.

Not to start a war over it but I really don't think legs and arms folding against the body qualifies as veritech...it really does not change into another form...just pulls folds the limbs inward.....I view it very much like how the Osprey just tilts it wings so the propellers face a different direction.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Chris0013 wrote:Not to start a war over it but I really don't think legs and arms folding against the body qualifies as veritech...it really does not change into another form...just pulls folds the limbs inward.....I view it very much like how the Osprey just tilts it wings so the propellers face a different direction.

So I guess you're saying the Beta only has 2-forms then, Fighter and Battloid?
Chris0013
Hero

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:Not to start a war over it but I really don't think legs and arms folding against the body qualifies as veritech...it really does not change into another form...just pulls folds the limbs inward.....I view it very much like how the Osprey just tilts it wings so the propellers face a different direction.

I can actually agree with that as there are no arms for the "guardian" mode of the Beta....we saw the Valkyrie do the legs down only thing and that does not mean it has 4 modes.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I am excited to see info finally. I doubt we will see ship here. I Would very much like to see new toys as well. But I would rather more world info to flush the earth and its settings out more.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Robot Urchin wrote:A Valkyrie with legs down only means that it's arms have been destroyed. :D

I'm sure there is a screen cap somewhere of a VF-1 with just its legs down and gunpod visible, meaning the arms have not been blown away.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Robot Urchin wrote:
jedi078 wrote:
Robot Urchin wrote:A Valkyrie with legs down only means that it's arms have been destroyed. :D

I'm sure there is a screen cap somewhere of a VF-1 with just its legs down and gunpod visible, meaning the arms have not been blown away.

Macross, episode #31, near the end of the episode. This is from the OSM, but I'm fairly certain there was no need to cut this from Robotech. The original Super Dimension Fortress Macross is by far superior, in my opinion.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2496/369 ... f4.jpg?v=0

I wouldn't call it a 4th mode. I'd just say the transformation from plane to gerwalk isn't complete.

It is also used in Ep3 by Roy's VT after he rescues Rick & Minmei for the take-off sequence, where the mecha goes down a street and a TBP comes up close to the cockpit and you can see the quad barrels of the main chest cannons.

The Alpha's also use a similiar configuration where they deploy the legs, but keep the arms retracted. Noticable in the epsiode that deals with Annie's birthday. I'm pretty sure there are other episodes that show it in use.

Chris0013 wrote:

I can actually agree with that as there are no arms for the "guardian" mode of the Beta....we saw the Valkyrie do the legs down only thing and that does not mean it has 4 modes.

If arms are a requirement for Gaurdian how does one explain the VHT? Yes I know its called a "Gladiator" mode, but for all practical purposes its a Gaurdian. Or do we treat the "Gladiator" as a seperate mode configuration where the legs deploy and the arms don't and give the Alpha and VF-1 a 4th mode we'll call "Gladiator" and switch the intermediate mode's name on the Beta to this also?
Rathorc Lemenger
Hero
Comment: I am the explorer Extreme. Searcher of all things mysterious and interesting. FEAR ME.

Unread post by Rathorc Lemenger »

YAY..... More Robotech. *Starts to go into Mecha-related shock.* :lol: :lol:

Signed,
Rathorc Lemenger.
I've created a monster.-Taalismn.
Believe in the unbelieveable, and you shall become known to the unknown-Rathorc Lemenger
It is well documented that for every minute you excercise, you add a minute to your life. This enables you, at 85 years of age, to spend an additional 5 months in a nursing home at $5,000 per month-An anonymous family member of Rathorc Lemenger.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Under equipment: Maybe some mention of the remote-control fighters from "The Secret Route'?

We won't see the starships again what with all the leadup to the (nerve-wrackingly anticipated, wanted, lusted-for, MUSTGOTTAHAVE!!!) Robotech Spaceships compendium(that had BETTER come in my lifetime, folks!)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

no the beta goes from quasihumanoid, to legged plane, to (somewhat fugly) plane.

that "super-condor" just strikes a "super-man" pose. just add cape. it's legs and arms don't even fold against the body, they just kind of trail along behind it. it's a battloid with a jetpack.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
taalismn
Priest

Gotta agree there...just because my Spartan destroid's legs go out behind it, and the arms swing back, as I am pitched through the air by the missile Khyron just lobbed at my arse, doesn't make my destroid a veritech....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Chris0013
Hero

ShadowLogan wrote:
Robot Urchin wrote:
jedi078 wrote:

Macross, episode #31, near the end of the episode. This is from the OSM, but I'm fairly certain there was no need to cut this from Robotech. The original Super Dimension Fortress Macross is by far superior, in my opinion.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2496/369 ... f4.jpg?v=0

I wouldn't call it a 4th mode. I'd just say the transformation from plane to gerwalk isn't complete.

It is also used in Ep3 by Roy's VT after he rescues Rick & Minmei for the take-off sequence, where the mecha goes down a street and a TBP comes up close to the cockpit and you can see the quad barrels of the main chest cannons.

The Alpha's also use a similiar configuration where they deploy the legs, but keep the arms retracted. Noticable in the epsiode that deals with Annie's birthday. I'm pretty sure there are other episodes that show it in use.

Chris0013 wrote:

If arms are a requirement for Gaurdian how does one explain the VHT? Yes I know its called a "Gladiator" mode, but for all practical purposes its a Gaurdian. Or do we treat the "Gladiator" as a seperate mode configuration where the legs deploy and the arms don't and give the Alpha and VF-1 a 4th mode we'll call "Gladiator" and switch the intermediate mode's name on the Beta to this also?

Gladiator is a variable mode for the VHT as it actually changes function and does something the other modes cannot...the legs down mode just give the otion of VTOL that I think the Beta can do without dropping the legs.
avollant
Wanderer
Comment: "Governments don't make mistakes; they encounter delays and setbacks!

Unread post by avollant »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:Possibly we'll get the Mospeada 'Destroids' like the Boxer, Jaguar, Cougar and Tiger. There were, after all, 2 Tigers shown in the Love & War comics so I imagine they're considered viable mecha now.

Mospeada mecha lineup

I briefly saw these Mechas in the show # 70 "Enter Marlene".

Personaly, I hope the new book will have info on the Journey of Scott Bernard to Reflex Point along with more information on the Invids.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I'm happy to seethe info on it. I'm happy to know it'll be out soon!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Robroy
Explorer

Unread post by Robroy »

Definitely would like to see more world info, Invid info, and background info in general.
"Where ever you go, there you are"-Buckaroo Banzai

"Warfare is the greatest affair of state, the basis of life and death, the Way (Tao) to survival or extinction. It must be thoroughly pondered and analyzed"-Sun Tzu

"Subjugating the enemy's army without fighting is the true pinnacle of excellence"-Sun Tzu
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Robroy wrote:Definitely would like to see more world info, Invid info, and background info in general.

Agreed, I do not need macross or southern cross mecha, i do not mind the mospeda mecha being revived. But i would like the story line and thing that would make playing in a invid occupid earth more fun. I want freedom fighters and bandit OCC and civilians would be cool to have as well.

MikelAmroni
Hero

Unread post by MikelAmroni »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
Robroy wrote:Definitely would like to see more world info, Invid info, and background info in general.

Agreed, I do not need macross or southern cross mecha, i do not mind the mospeda mecha being revived. But i would like the story line and thing that would make playing in a invid occupid earth more fun. I want freedom fighters and bandit OCC and civilians would be cool to have as well.

I'd also like a sector by sector breakdown of the world, what happened, and who the local freedom fighters are. Nothing extravagant, but enough to actually run a game set outside of North and South America without having to whole cloth make up the local culture.
"Be strong and do as you will. The swords of others will set you your limits." (Marauders of Gor, p.10)

ImageImage
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I can agree about that for sure.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Information about the first few years of the occupation where the ASC forms the first resistance groups.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

jedi078 wrote:Information about the first few years of the occupation where the ASC forms the first resistance groups.

While I am cool with this, I do not think we need a reprint of the mecha in the new source book.

jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
jedi078 wrote:Information about the first few years of the occupation where the ASC forms the first resistance groups.

While I am cool with this, I do not think we need a reprint of the mecha in the new source book.

Nope no reprints of mecha from other books. Maybe varients of mecha.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

jedi078 wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:

Nope no reprints of mecha from other books. Maybe varients of mecha.

Varients would be cool or maybe some rules for mismashed mecha that are built from salvaged battle fields. Because i can see some engineer coming along and doing that, for a living in a post apocolptic setting.

Aramanthus
Monk

I'd like all of those things included in the book. I really want to see it in our hands as a complete setting. Maybe they should offer some extra maps on the side. You know ones which show various perionds and major effects of the events which went on during the established history of Robotech and it's various shows.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

i think a book with the maps and the effects from each war/era would be very cool myself.

Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

Even though I like all the suggestions provided. I am not sure I want all that in my game book, with the page count so limited. Make the maps PDF's and put them on the site. For the variant Mecha, give some guidelines, but don't stat them out. Freedom Fighters, yeah we need an OCC or clear definition of defining how to use the Civilian OCC to do so.

But there are lots of things from the Series that I think should be placed in there. Bio-emulators. Those spotlights on the dam. Maybe describing how Denver worked, and were there other cities like that too?!?! I would also like to have maybe something described about how the Fuel Cells for Masters Power Armor are interchangeable with Invid and UEEF Protoculture cells (maybe with slight modification). This could have been the reason why Scott and his team were always running out of fuel, with inferior cell's.
tobefrnk
Adventurer

Unread post by tobefrnk »

Chris0013 wrote:New and Variant mecha....here is hoping or a lot of new toys....my biggest hope...Lunk's big'ole'honkin'gun'o'smackdown

With the new mecha promised here and in the UEEF Marine book, I hope to see the old REF Destroids updated and included in one of these new books. Granted it will mean that I have put a lot of time into nothing doing my own home updates to those mecha (which I have still yet to complete) but hey, I'm not going to complain about new material.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

I think the maps as downloadable PDFs would be cool.

taalismn
Priest

Just about any NEW material at this point would be cool...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Aramanthus
Monk

They could always print the maps on the inside covers. Those are usually blank. That way they could provide us more for our money.

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Aramanthus wrote:They could always print the maps on the inside covers. Those are usually blank. That way they could provide us more for our money.

That is a great idea. though I like the idea of them still being on pdfs as well. so i say do both.

Aramanthus
Monk

Those are nice to take anywhere you take your net book or lap top.

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

or print them out and you can make changes to them that fit your campain better. such as a city you wanted that did not exsist before.

Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

*crosses fingers*

oh please let the music instrument weapons come back so I can start the band again :D

*dodges rotten vegetables*
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
Chris0013
Hero

Pox wrote:*crosses fingers*

oh please let the music instrument weapons come back so I can start the band again :D

If this happens you can always have a campaign to kill the 'treasonous' scientist and all his research and equipment to prevent it from falling into the hands of the enemy... :lol:
Chrnos
Wanderer

Unread post by Chrnos »

sweet it almost here :D
Aramanthus
Monk

All you need is Lancer's Rockers!

HH....FIE
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

tobefrnk wrote:

With the new mecha promised here and in the UEEF Marine book, I hope to see the old REF Destroids updated and included in one of these new books. Granted it will mean that I have put a lot of time into nothing doing my own home updates to those mecha (which I have still yet to complete) but hey, I'm not going to complain about new material.

I don't know if the Shadow Chronicles version of Robotech will have updated versions of the REF Destroids; it's possible that the Mospeada-inspired Destroids to which RSCF has been pointing will completely replace them in the setting. The appearance of two Tigers in Love and War seems to support this possibility. In particular, seeing as how the scene in question took place at the very start of the Regess' invasion of Earth, I'm pretty sure that any Destroid designs that show up in the New Generation Sourcebook will be Mospeada-inspired rather than Sentinels-inspired. This is in keeping with Tommy Yune's tendency to relate each era more closely with the original anime's source material.

Still, it's possible that the Pioneer Mission started out with destroid designs in keeping with those found in the Sentinels art book and RPG, and only later replaced them with the Mospeada-derived ones, perhaps as late as 2031; if this is the case, then you just might see updated REF Destroids in the UEEF Marines Sourcebook (though personally, I'd place my bets on new cyclones, silverbacks, and/or power armor rather than destroids). That said, I'm still holding out hope for a Sentinels Saga Sourcebook, with mecha designs based off of the Appendix of Robotech Art 3. For those without access to RA3, its Appendix includes artwork for a Logan, a Condor battloid, the Zentreadi battlepods that showed up in the Sentinels RPG, the ASC combat vehicles, a Searchlight Mecha, a Prototype Cyclone (almost certainly not transformable), a Two-Wheeled Battle Vehicle (the "chariot" that went with the Pegasus in the Sentinels RPG), the GMU, the MAC III (called a MAC II here), the Armored Alpha and the Beta, the Invid Land Cruiser and a weird-looking Invid transport, a VTOL which strikes me as a civilian veritech jet (I think it appeared in Super Dimension Orguss), a Spartas VHT, and two more REF Destroids.
Aramanthus
Monk

Unfortunately there are no destroids in the Shadow Chronciles Game book. We'll have to wait to see what the future brings.

HH....FIE
Chris0013
Hero

Aramanthus wrote:Unfortunately there are no destroids in the Shadow Chronciles Game book. We'll have to wait to see what the future brings.

I would consider the Condor a Destroid....
dataweaver
Adventurer

...and I would consider the Bioroid Interceptor a (flight-capable) Destroid. But then, I consider "Destroid" to mean "non-transformable humanoid vehicle"; so despite the fact that the ASC doesn't use the term, I consider it to field five different models.
taalismn
Priest

Pox wrote:*crosses fingers*

Yet another reason to smash guitars....over heads... :badbad:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
dataweaver
Adventurer

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:As for variants, there is the transformable version of the Condor that appears ever so briefly in eps. #61 The Invid Invasion.
We only ever see it in space, right? Maybe that's the reason why it's not particularly aerodynamic; it was designed for orbital and deep-space operations, but not atmospheric operations.
Chris0013
Hero

We need a way for mecha to carry additional magazines for their gunpods....didn;t the old book have the VTs with a spare mag in each leg???

200 rds in a GU-11 may sound fine but in the heat of combat you run out of ammo when you most need it.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”