Skills Questions

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Re: Skills Questions

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

If you have an old version of HU 2nd, the shotgun skill was missing I think. In HU it uses the
same Modern Combat bonues (page 75 in HU). I've for the most part have switch to the rules
found in RUE, BtS, and Dead Reign, but I've kept the burst rules on page 75-78 in HU). In
those same books W.P. Rifle has become the universal rifle skill (bolt action rifles and
automatic & semi-auto, military assaulty rifles). And yes you can subsitite assassin for martial
arts. If you want you could even use the Hand to Hand: Commando (from same games
mentioned above).
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

skipgumby wrote:In your opinion...

Would proficiency with a shotgun fit under one of the current W.P.'s or would it require a separate one?

Would proficiency with an assault (automatic) rifle fit under one of the current W.P.'s or would it require a separate one?

For the Espionage Program (Basic) skill package, would it be acceptable to substitute HtH Assassin for HtH Martial Arts if the character is of a selfish alignment?

Thanks for your input!

Most of the time WP Shotgun and WP rifle are lumped together under one skill.Certain books,however,contradict this.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

skipgumby wrote:In your opinion...

1) Would proficiency with a shotgun fit under one of the current W.P.'s or would it require a separate one?

2) Would proficiency with an assault (automatic) rifle fit under one of the current W.P.'s or would it require a separate one?

3) For the Espionage Program (Basic) skill package, would it be acceptable to substitute HtH Assassin for HtH Martial Arts if the character is of a selfish alignment?

Thanks for your input!

1) WP Shotgun (NB Survival Guide) or Bolt action rifle or #2 answer. (unless it is an automatic Shotgun, then needs #2 answer)
2) WP auto- and semi-auto rifles
3) no. replacement with the cost of MA and 1 'other skill'
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”