NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

I can see gmapprentice's power being allowable with severe limitations.

A) No strike, parry, pull punch or roll with impact bonuses from powers more than +1 per level of the character
B) Powers absorbed are at base range for energy expulsion powers
C) No single power can be used more than once per day and only for the character's PE number in minutes
D) Damage from energy expulsion attacks is set at base damage

The problem as I see it stems from stacking bonuses from the different powers. With these limits, you get a character that can do every power, just not for long. But I agree with Gryphon Chick in the sense that you would be constantly altering stats for the character and it would be a bookkeeping nightmare.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

I agree with Steeler49er and SG in that the powers should stay at level one and be limited on how you can stack bonuses. I don't think once per day for a given power is reasonable, though changing between them should make the character sick due to metabolic shifts and chemical imbalances. Saves vs. sickness and insanity should have to be made in those instances, don't you think?
Oh, SG, I was wondering if you could write up a power for me: I have been trying to write up a power but am having trouble keeping it limited enough. It is something like teleportation but requires the person to be holding the end of a rope or object and being able to teleport to the other end of it. Keeping it limited is the problem, since it stands to reason that the character could potentially teleport to the other side of the planet without range limits. I was thinking of calling it Jump Rope.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Gryphon Chick wrote:Oh, SG, I was wondering if you could write up a power for me: I have been trying to write up a power but am having trouble keeping it limited enough. It is something like teleportation but requires the person to be holding the end of a rope or object and being able to teleport to the other end of it. Keeping it limited is the problem, since it stands to reason that the character could potentially teleport to the other side of the planet without range limits. I was thinking of calling it Jump Rope.

Okay, did a search of the wiki and not finding anything like it, so here goes:

Jump Rope (minor) by Stone Gargoyle and Gryphon Chick

The superbeing can teleport by means of using a object to line or tether them to their destination. This can be a railroad track, rope, railing or any other such thin line. The object does not have to be straight in a line but cannot branch off, so the character would only be able to travel as far as the unbroken path took them, though can pass through walls if the line does so. This differs from line transit in that it does not require the object to be wiring. It is also instantaneous.

Range: One mile per level of experience
Duration: Instant
Damage: The character appears at the destination in a pulse of force, doing 1d6 damage to all people and objects within a ten foot radius, 1d4 damage to everything within a 20 foot radius.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Jump Rope (minor) by Stone Gargoyle and Gryphon Chick

The superbeing can teleport by means of using a object to line or tether them to their destination. This can be a railroad track, rope, railing or any other such thin line. The object does not have to be straight in a line but cannot branch off, so the character would only be able to travel as far as the unbroken path took them, though can pass through walls if the line does so. This differs from line transit in that it does not require the object to be wiring. It is also instantaneous.

Damage: The character appears at the destination in a pulse of force, doing 1d6 damage to all people and objects within a ten foot radius, 1d4 damage to everything within a 20 foot radius.

Cool. Maybe tweak up the range and damage on a major version of the power?
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Jump Rope (minor) by Stone Gargoyle and Gryphon Chick

Cool. Maybe tweak up the range and damage on a major version of the power?

Not sure if that would be practical the way the power is written. I would rather add new abilities to this than simply amp it up in terms of the number values of the stats.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:(finishes reading the previous posts)
...the ***k.... look, forget it. i'll just do something else.
thanks for ***king up my idea, steeler. you could've just said you don't like it. i KNEW there were bugs to work out, but gimme a break. i'm 16. i'm not perfect.

People are trying to offer constructive criticism. Steeler49er actually was offering solutions rather than just insulting it or saying you should not do it. I am sorry if we seem to be getting on you about this, but the numbers are insane without strict limitations on the power which regulate use. No one said the didn't like it, just that it is impractical in terms of game play and a tad unbalanced.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:look, i don't even care anymore. i can understand constructive criticism, but... it feels like he took my idea, ripped it to pieces and sewed it back up as some frankenstein's monster. criticism, i accept. but that... that was just... uncalled for.

He has done the same with some of mine in the past, so I can relate, but I have agreed for politeness sake to let the subject drop. If you feel that it is a problem, you can always make an issue of it to the forum moderators, but I really do not think it was intended that way.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

NMI
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

NMI
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero

You want me to feel bad that your sad, Fine, I do!!!
I ALWAYS feel bad when others are crushed!!!
EVERYONE BEAT ME UP IN SCHOOL EVERYDAY FOR TEN YEARS!
They called me ***, Gay wad, Loser Christian boy, Aryon Nazi cuz I had blond hair! They hated cuz I was a Nerd/geek too enfeminate and too slow. I was dislexic and considered stupid by the school system... The Nerds wouldn't hang with me. Out of schools with 2000+ kids I was the single most bashed kid there! They'd follow me home just to threaten me. Suicide was too far from my mind as I was too freaked to even go there. I WAS verbally beat downs soo bad That I left school...
These games became my life and THAT was a bad thing.

So YES I feel bad for you... That's why I defended your post!
But being here has been the best thing for me ever, and will be for you as well. It grew me a hard think skin and now I can take hits better and realize that not everone is out to bash me, but rather they're just REAL giving me advice to grow. IT ALWAYS hurts to hear but if I listen instead of leap I find that Everyone helps show me something new.

I spent 15 years living in a Hell life and I got too sensitive, now it's your turn to start seeing people for whom they are when they're helping you.
I won't ask you to stick to these games cuz I TOO left the boards after I and Gargyole got into it...

NMI deleted ALL of my post because of it, But I came back stronger. You will come back OR you will do something that you regret. If you love gaming sooo much than, don't EVER let stuff I or ANYONE else says cause you to leave! If RPG's are your life than get a better life AND do it WHILE playing RPG's. You love it here, than DON' T leave.

Tell me to **** off and that you'll stay just to spite me and I'll be fine with that...

Steeler49er
Hero

NMI
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steeler49er
Hero

NMI
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Steeler49er
Hero

NMI
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Well, criticism is a good thing when it is taken as such. When it isn't, it can get really ugly. I love this game and love new ideas and making powers, but I also believe in making it fair because I always wind up in the game where either the GM or other players bully me. I am in therapy myself because I had way too much trauma as a kid, suffer from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and depression. So I know how it feels when you think you are being mocked or put down. Let me just say, no one meant to do that to you, gmapprentice. I didn't, Gryphon Chick didn't, Steeler49er knows better, and no one else even said anything. All I commented for was to get you to examine your power you were writing and do the math on how all the bonuses the powers gave might stack and give unfair and unbalancing advantage to either the GM running an NPC with it, or a player who might decide to have his character be an insane character bent on being a cannibal and acquiring superpowers. All Gryphon Chick commented on was that she thought you were writing a book and not a superpower (I'm paraphrasing) and that she did not want to have to have a separate book for a single power, as well as to say that she would simplify it rather than make it so many pages. Do you want to write a power that is done your way or do you want to write one people might enjoy playing? All anyone has commented for was to give you suggestions, that is all. Take them or don't, it really doesn't matter one way or the other when all is said and done. What matters is if you feel like it is helping, and if not, ignore me and Gryphon Chick and anyone else who disagrees with you. But if you did not want feedback, why on the green earth did you start posting in the first place? I post to get opinions of my work so when I go into my gaming group I can feel good that what I have written will play well and will make sense. I don't do it to show off or be smarter than anyone else, I do it to share and have people share what they think of it. I have written a couple powers that were over the top in my time, and I got reamed for it, too. I am not going to say I like it just to make you feel good, that is not what I am about, but if I can help you get something that both makes sense and works in a game because it is fair, I will feel good about having criticized it. Making you feel bad is not my intent, getting you to see my points and hopefully improve your power writing skills is. If I repeat myself, it is to get my point across, not badger or insult you.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:now, to get back to what this is all about.. new powers. i'm gonna give the basics of my powers before posting them to see if it sounds too crazy or something. this new one is called Loose Skin... yeah, i suck at names. Minor Power. The character who has this power can stretch their skin to make weapons or disguises, but the duration is limited to a few minutes. sound good so far?

Sounds like a basic enough guideline. I guess it in the specifics we will be able to tell if it is new and different, cuz from reading in here there have been a few skin powers posted, including Grow Skin and Skin Alteration by Iczer. What makes or breaks a power is the details so write it up and let's have a look.
Steeler49er
Hero

aRRGGG... Iczers grow skin ppower was The first power I ever tried to help anyone on. He had just come up with the Idea and wasn't sure how it'd look. He thru out the Idea for others to ponder and since I'd been working on that same idea, I thought i'd help. I wrote a PAGE long explaination on it's mechanics... It, looked, Horrable! :(
Then I just put out cool Ideas fer cool uses with other powers... It was my first Combo idea! It flew better than my mechanics did... Go figure.
As to GM's above power the 'Absorb Superabilities(Major) by Stone Gargoyle may be something else to look at for Ideas... I'd just LOVE to had that power but "YIKES"! Never touching my baby girl again for fear that I'd kill her :(

FYI-GM, I happen to like the Name of your power (Loose Skin), and beleive it that I'd love to see that one in print. I've Never gotten the mechanics fer a power like that good enough to do a write up, let alone I could never come up with a good name fer it. Please put it out cuz it sounds cool.
Arrrggg... Nets falling apart today fer me. Gargoyle, I'd just noticed the 3 days ago that the Black Vault is All black, is that a new change (Which works with the name Black Vault very well)?
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steeler49er
Hero

gmapprentice wrote:Loose Skin (Minor Power) by gmapprentice

"That seems like a bit of a stretch, isn't it?" "Yes. Yes it is."

This power gives the character extra, thick, loose skin which can be used for several things.
1: Skin Weapons. By stretching the loose skin of an arm or leg, the character can form a blunt or dull blade weapon that adds 2D4 damage to punches or kicks. If this is done with an arm, the arm cannot be used to carry anything or use skills. Range: Adds 1 foot to the length or an arm or leg. One at a time only. Duration: 2 minutes plus one minute per level of experience after Level One.
2: Stretched Disguise. Equal to a Disguise skill at 40% +3% per level. Duration: 1 hour. After Thirty minutes, reduce the percentage by 20%. After one hour, the disguise has faded because the skin has moved back into place.
Other Bonuses: The tough skin adds 20 SDC, and gives a bonus of +2 versus Pain.
Penalty: The loose skin reduces PB by 10%.
i know, it sucks... haven't worked on it enough.

:ok:

This Is Sooo me... I luv silly putty.
•Just a question (Or few), do you allow fer us to make Skin Ropes if me funnel allota skin down just One limb???
•If not, Can you combine this with "Grow Skin" to do so?
•Can one leave facial imprints in ones skin or mold the skin and Freeze it in any simple form (Like pushing clay into the shape of a round ball, square, or pyramid)?

Steeler49er
Hero

Also, I was wanting to get everyones spirits up today with a good laugh...
So here's a little vidoe called "WOLVERINE the Musical"
It'sa spoof by an FX crew... Hope you like it as not everyone gets it! :D
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steeler49er
Hero

Spoiler:
TrumbachD wrote:Many thanks, Steeler49er.
Living with a significant Disability I Also know what it's like to have games be ones main form of escapism for many years.
It is important for those of us in difficult situations (Either now or in the past) to learn to come together over our love of these games.
I too have made a few mistakes and Stone Gargoyles experienced critiques have made me much better at rechecking what I wish to post before I do so.
Particularly I appreciated you're comment abouy the need to thicken one's skin and above all Stick with the forums.
I'm a better person for having done so.

:-( Wow... I really don't know what to say.
Thank you and I'm glad to say something that helps! :-D
I just wish I'd not lost my cool in the prior posts.
FYI-I deleted those two post cuz I felt thy up lifted no-one! :-?
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Steeler49er
Hero

Spoiler:
gmapprentice wrote:good luck, dude. ps you're very welcome, and thanks again.

NO, Thank you fer the "Loose Skin" power... It's the one power that's been nagging at me fer years to see in print. :-)
I hope yawl liked Wolvys sing along.
so who's your little girl anyway?
on another subject, i'm working on a new power. here's a hint. it's gonna be Twice as cool as the last one.
Hee hee... More power=good and happy Steeler.

Her name is Savannah Bethany Echelbarger Thompson (It's long so that when I use the Full thing... She KNOWS she's in trouble :lol: )
This is us at Christmas
And read the description on the side for more info...
Rate it if it makes you laugh
spoilered to conserve thread space
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I must say, Loose Skin is decent. Nice job.
Steeler49er
Hero

NMI
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

No, the dead time just means people are working on more powers to post. This thread does not always remain chatty.
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

gmapprentice wrote:Loose Skin (Minor Power) by gmapprentice

"That seems like a bit of a stretch, isn't it?" "Yes. Yes it is."

This power gives the character extra, thick, loose skin which can be used for several things.
1: Skin Weapons. By stretching the loose skin of an arm or leg, the character can form a blunt or dull blade weapon that adds 2D4 damage to punches or kicks. If this is done with an arm, the arm cannot be used to carry anything or use skills. Range: Adds 1 foot to the length or an arm or leg. One at a time only. Duration: 2 minutes plus one minute per level of experience after Level One.
2: Stretched Disguise. Equal to a Disguise skill at 40% +3% per level. Duration: 1 hour. After Thirty minutes, reduce the percentage by 20%. After one hour, the disguise has faded because the skin has moved back into place.
3: Skin Rope, which can be used for anything a regular rope is for. Whipping damage is 2D4 because it's just made of skin. +1 Entangle, very flexible. Range: Length of 8 feet, +2 feet at level 6. Duration: 2 melees per level of experience.
Other Bonuses: The tough skin adds 20 SDC, and gives a bonus of +2 versus Pain.
Penalty: The loose skin reduces PB by 10%.
i know, it sucks... haven't worked on it enough.

No, it doesn't suck. I've always thought that I should have worked a bit more on every power I submitted to this thread. I can see one more possible addition to this power. The character would probably have to be nekkid (or mostly nekkid at least) but he should be able to glide like a flying squirrel (kind of like a skin parachute).
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:....something tells me i made everyone leave.

No, just other threads to peruse. I tend to be more of a tech girl, though, than powers. I might come up with an idea but not too skilled at writing superpowers.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

For me it's like Spanish: You spend enough time around it you can understand what is being said and what sounds right, but speaking it is a whole different deal.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I know several languages myself. I was using that as an explanation of my relationship to writing powers. I was a literary major in college. Writing powers is in many respects interpretation of statistical data and number crunching. One reason I think Stone Gargoyle does so well with it is he can interpret intangibles into number values and has an accounting background in addition to being an awesome comic book artist in spite of the fact his work has not seen publication by any of the major publishers.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Something like: "Taken Literally: The hero can write ideas out on a piece of paper and have them materialize into solid matter. Objects and people have x amount of SDC and remain for X amounts of melee rounds before disappearing."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:...that doesen't work for EVERY figure of speech, though. but, it's a start...

I guess that depends on what you mean by figure of speech. If it is a character composed completely of sound made when talking, it is literally a figure of speech.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:i guess that makes sense. took that too literally. speaking of which, literality would be a great power... every figure of speech in the books brought to life... sounds cool, but how the he11 would it work?

Making the system as simple as possible would be the key. You have thousands of figures of speech, so trying to write a separate ability based on each of them would not work. Describe the process of the power that brings them to life, not necessarily the specifics.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:Writing powers is in many respects interpretation of statistical data and number crunching. One reason I think Stone Gargoyle does so well with it is he can interpret intangibles into number values and has an accounting background in addition to being an awesome comic book artist in spite of the fact his work has not seen publication by any of the major publishers.

The keys for me are really keeping it fairly simple and just going with what feels right. But writing up stories and drawing can give you the mechanics of how it is supposed to look and work. Game powers are about attack potential, defensive potential, movement potential and bonuses in skills and combat and SDC and Hit Points. It is saying "if the character has this, how many points of damage/defense will it do, what are the bonuses to strike, parry, dodge and skills, and how will it appear to the onlooker?", as well as if it is dangerous to be around or has prolonged effects. Another thing is the K.I.S.S. rule: Keep It Simple, Stupid. A power which you can express in a hundred ways might be an interesting idea, but it does not work in game and will take you forever to write.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:let me guess.. it's been done.

Not in that way, no. Doubling mod powers usually have been done involving situational boosts, such as over water or while flying and such.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:alright then. so, what do you think?

Being that is is a Major power, limiting the use to five minutes per day is excessive; there does not need to be that much of a limit. If you want to limit it, limit it to 5 minutes per use and the character's ME or PE number of times per day, plus one time per level, or something to that effect.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:Figure of Speech (Major Power)
"You should duck." "What do you - (SLAM!!!) WHERE DID THAT COME FROM!?"

This power requires speech. By saying the name of a type of animal, or the Full Name (first and last) of a person, this power will create a copy of that person, which will do whatever it's creator says. The character can create one Figure of Speech per level every day. The Figure of Speech will exist for one 30 Minutes, and can be up to one mile away from it's creator.
Basic Stats: For Animals, they will be in the typical range for that animal, and it will have the natural powers for that animal. For humans, the Physical stats will be the same as the real person. IQ is 4, ME and MA are not applicable. The Figure of Speech will have ALL magic, psionic or super powers as the original, but NOT magic weapons, magic objects, super-inventions or other special equipment. Either way, the Figure of Speech has 3 actions per melee and, if not commanded by its creator, will simply attack the nearest living thing besides him or her. NOTE: To copy a Superhero, their Full Name must be known, not just their super-identity.
Tell me if this needs editing.

Well, 4 is low animal intelligence, so what would be the point? An intelligence of at least 7 would be required for them to follow instructions. Secondly, you have no S.D.C. listed for the creations. Is this also supposed to be the same as the person copied?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Better, it actually reads to where it makes sense now.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:...and, how much of a compliment is that?

That is high praise coming from me. :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

You're having a rough start, so the fact you are still pursuing this and improving as you learn what works and what doesn't impresses me.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i don't see what's so impressive about it.. but, maybe i'm just on a different level than you.

Because some people just leave and cannot get beyond their own ego enough to keep trying. It is impressive from the standpoint you didn't quit, and as a result will get better each time you post. You just have to keep at it, just like with anything. You have some really good ideas, but you have to learn to put them into a form that works in the game. By continuing to post, it shows me you have the ability to grow, to learn and to eventually become a good writer of powers.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Nice to see you boys are getting along for a change. :-D
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Don't I know that one. I'm a short redhead, and proof dynamite comes in small packages. ;)
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Chrono Armour: [Major]
'I've got time on my side now'

The character can generate a tight, form fitting field of, what is essentially, compressed and hardened tachyons, granting protection and physical enhancement. The tight suit of armour resembles shimmering gold, blue or red translucent energy which clings to the body like a personal force field.
1) Defensive values: AR 12 SDC 120 with a bonus of 20 SDC per level. SDC of the field recovers at a rate of 1 per minute while active, double that rate while turned off and 'resting'
2) Physical enhancement: +30 Spd +6 PP +6 Initiative +3 actions per round. Auto dodge +2. The field of compressed and stored time ripples with enhanced virtual speed.
3) Other protections: The chrono armour works to protect the character from the ravages of other powers. whenever the character is subjected to an ongoing effect (such as poison, dangerous biomanipulations or the effects of other powers) the armour reduces the duration to a single melee round. The armour automatically shields him from unwanted temporal manipulaion effects (such as provided by slow time or pause time)
4) Limitations: the armour can be maintained for up to 20 minutes, plus 5 minutes per level before it needs to rest (typically needs as much 'rest' as it was used for.)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mind field: [Major]
'Let's look around'

The character can grow a series of small nodules, each the size of a golf ball and have them emerge from hsi body, floating around and augmenting his vision and intelligence.
1) Number of Nodules: 2D4+2. add an additional one at every odd level. Each nodule has a Spd score of 30, an AR of 16 and an SDC of 25. the small size and speed of a nodule means that they are -8 to be struck and can only be done so with a called shot.
2) effects of the nodules: each nodule adds either a point of ME or IQ. they essentially are small balls of neural matter, continually linking with the character to create a networked 'hive mind'. The nodules hover around the character out to 15 feet and grant him a 360 degree view of that area. the nodules have good sensors, but with very poor range. while his 'mind field' is active, the character can see everything within 30 feet of him, able to see around corners and behind and above him at all times. This grants him +2 to parry, +2 to initiative and makes him immune to suprise within that area as well as granting an auto dodge. The nodules also add +10% to all 'sedentary' skills while active, and add +4 to perception Saving throws (where used)
3) other abilities: one or all nodules can be grown from the skin in a single action, and can be absorbed at the same rate. To change the bonus of the nodules (From ME to IQ for instance) they need to be reabsorbed and then spat back out. Slamming someone with a nodule hurts and inflicts 2D4 damage (+3 to strike) however the nodules instinctively attempt to avoid obstacles. a damaged nodule heals 1 SDC every minute when returned to the body, but a destroyed one regrows after 48Hours.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Division [Major]
'Let's split up and go for a look'

The character is able to divide his body into 5 smaller creatures, each with identical statistics and a hive mind (The character's). The appearance of each body is designed by the character when this power is selected. Splitting or regrouping takes a single action to perform.
1) Statistics: Each creature posesses one fifth of the character's SDC, but each has HP equal to the character's normal HP score. Each part is around the size of a housecat (give or take depending on the original character) and has pretty much unified statistics.
IQ, ME and MA: are equal to the character.
PS is equal to one quarter the character's normal PS, and lifting/carrying capacities are reduced to normal.
PE is unnafected.
PP is equal to the character's or 18, whichever is higher.
PB is 2D4.
SPD: is three times the normal character's score.
Each creature has 2 actions per round, +2 to initiative, +2 to strike, parry and dodge and inflicts 2D4 with claws, teeth or other sharp implements.
Each creature hass all the character's normal skills, and posesses a natural climb (80% +5% per level) Prowl (75% +5% per level) and swim (60% +4% per level).
The creatures possess none of the overt powers that the character may have, but retain any mental abilities and pseudo psionic abilities.
The creatures can communicate amongst themselves over a distance of 25 miles, and may act in relay with one another. they may remain seperated for any amount of time. each heals at the character's normal rate. If one is killed, the others will feel it,and will be able to reintegrate as long as at least four remain. If two or more are killed then the the character will be stuck as a trio until he can respawn himself. it takes seven days of complete rest for a new creature to respawn, plus one day per level of the character.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cubic Gravity (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

As long as the superbeing is in an area smaller than an area of his ME attribute cubed, plus one cubic foot per level of experience, he can use all surfaces as if they possess gravity. The area must be basically enclosed, as in a room. The power is lost if the room is opened by a door or window, but as long as it is sealed with all but a few inch sized opening the power can remain in effect indefinitely. This allows him to run up walls and jump off the floor and land on the ceiling.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:very... unique. trying not to sound mad or anything. one question. what are tachyons?

Temporal residue, I think. They are a type of particle.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

gmapprentice wrote:very... unique. trying not to sound mad or anything. one question. what are tachyons?

hypothetical subatomic particles that travel faster than the speed of light. Typically when a science fiction program wants to start throwing 'time travel' physics into a plot they will start bandying the word about. The graphic novel 'Watchmen' (and, yes OK the movie too) uses them as a raison d'etre for Dr Manhatten's unnusual time bindness vis a vis the culmination of the plot.

Batts
Steeler49er
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Because some people just leave and cannot get beyond their own ego enough to keep trying.
FYI-He's takling about me :lol:

Iczer wrote:

hypothetical subatomic particles that travel faster than the speed of light. Typically when a science fiction program wants to start throwing 'time travel' physics into a plot they will start bandying the word about. The graphic novel 'Watchmen' (and, yes OK the movie too) uses them as a raison d'etre for Dr Manhatten's unnusual time bindness vis a vis the culmination of the plot.
Tachyons are also a delicious candy treat, similar to FroGurt!

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Because some people just leave and cannot get beyond their own ego enough to keep trying.
FYI-He's takling about me :lol:

No, you actually keep coming back AND we actually managed to resolve a lot of our problems. But did you notice this thread is getting to be a soap opera lately? :P
Steeler49er
Hero

... :-? Ack, you gone and dun foiled my hummor.

And yes I'd noticed that the forums over loaded with excess posts. I'm gonna go back and see if I can't try and remove some of mine. FYI-I'm also busy working on power ideas. I have no clue how you and Iczer keep putting them out so fast, fer me it's slow going. :-?

Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Steeler49er wrote:... :-? Ack, you gone and dun foiled my hummor.

And yes I'd noticed that the forums over loaded with excess posts. I'm gonna go back and see if I can't try and remove some of mine. FYI-I'm also busy working on power ideas. I have no clue how you and Iczer keep putting them out so fast, fer me it's slow going. :-?

ummm my production has been very slow recently, so I'm actually a little ashamed. I have four tooling around and then...nothing I guess.

Batts

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”