NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Steeler49er »

you call that bad :-? ?
I've got 30+ and counting on paper and not ONE have I put down in text here in the last week... If you're lagging than I'm in TemPoral Freeze! :-?
I've gotta Get some time to type out at least One of them in the next few days.
And I'm still hunting down all of the Older ones too (Like Mega Strength).

On another note, a few years back someone here wrote out an AWESOME "Cosmic" class power, it got boo'd away but frankly... I loved it!!!
It was a Very creative power for that class as generally when someone makes "Cosmic Class" or Mega power, they tend to be rather strait shooters and bland (See Aberrant level 5 & 6 powers for example). But THIS power was creative. In it Cosmic supers turn into some kind of energy being able to pull apart Reality into themselves to gain strength! Matter turns mercurial in nature and glowing pearlesque' as it flows towards the super!

If ANYONE (Iczer, Stone, Taliismn, Senior C... Anyone.)can remember the Artist who posted that, or the name of that power... I'd Love to see that power again, it was beautiful.
It's been flying around in my head fer years now!
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Teddybears On Parade (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"WAAAAAH! You hurt my feelings! Teddy, Sic 'Em!"

The superbeing can bring plush animals to life for a time by sacrificing Hit Points to do so.

Range: The toy given life must be within 200 feet of the superbeing, plus twenty feet per level
Duration: Plush animals remain alive for the superbeing's ME attribute number of days, plus one day per level
Number Available: The superbeing can bring two to life simultaneously at level one, plus one more at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. This represents the maximum number which can exist at any one time.
Actions: Uses one melee attack/action to bring the plush animal to life.
Hit Point Cost: Sacrifices one Hit Point for each one given the plushie, with a minimum of 1 per plushie.

Plushie Statistics:
Size: 1-3 feet after brought to life
Weight: 1-2 pounds after brought to life
Attributes: IQ 2d6+2, ME 2d6+6, MA 2d6+6, PS 1d6+6, PP 2d6+6, PE 2d6+6, PB 4d6, Spd 1d4+2
Hit Points: What the superbeing gives it, minimum of 1.
SDC: 1d6+1
Horror/Awe Factor: 12
Attacks per melee: The toy has 2 melee attacks/actions per melee, plus one at levels 4, 8 and 12 of the superbeing.
Damage: Unmodified, the plushie can do punch damage of 1d4 plus PS damage bonus; if a bladed weapon is sewn into the plushie prior to it being brought to life, the plushie can do 2d4, plus PS bonus, slicing and puncture damage.
Bonuses: +2 to strike, +1 dodge
Skills: Prowl 60%, climbing 50%
Other Notes: Because they are made of stuffing and cloth, bullets, arrows, knives, swords and other attacks do minimal damage, just creating holes, and punches, kick and clubs just knock them around. Explosives and fire do double damage. They also have no nerves and as a result do not feel pain or trauma.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Iczer wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:... :-? Ack, you gone and dun foiled my hummor.

And yes I'd noticed that the forums over loaded with excess posts. I'm gonna go back and see if I can't try and remove some of mine. FYI-I'm also busy working on power ideas. I have no clue how you and Iczer keep putting them out so fast, fer me it's slow going. :-?

ummm my production has been very slow recently, so I'm actually a little ashamed. I have four tooling around and then...nothing I guess.

Batts

At 800+ powers, you still rock, though. Hopefully something will inspire you to create more. If not, you had an awesome run.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:this is some good stuff.... and really bizarre stuff.... also, that stuffed animal power reminds me of Toy Control from Powers Unlimited One, just with a longer duration and better stats for the toys.

It was designed as a major version of Toy Control.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:got it. that makes sense.
i have two more power ideas. one is pretty simple: you do more damage from physical attacks. the other one is a bit more complicated... it's called Perfect Space. it's kinda like a forcefield bubble, but it can only be used on one (maybe two) person, has a limited duration and is indestructible. it also has an Insanity side effect.... have either of those been done? if not, shall i begin posting?

The first one is kind of vague, so without knowing why you would have the extra damage it is hard to say. As for force bubbles, they have been done but how your is specifically written would set it apart depending on what exactly they do.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:let me just post the first one.. hard to explain.

Super Damage (Minor Power)

Very simple... With this power, regardless of the character's actual PS or superpowers, they inflict damage as if they had Supernatural Strength. They do not actually HAVE supernatural strength, they simply inflict above-average damage with their regular attacks.
Other Bonuses: +3 PS, +2 Pull Punch.

Not really a fan of this type of power but nothing wrong with it per se. I would have explained it as some sort of damage incursion field amplifying the strength of the hit rather than just saying "this does this simply because it does."
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

gmapprentice wrote:............ i can't think of a good reason for the extra damage. anyone else have an idea?

Shaped force fields over striking surfaces, adrenaline triggered temporary bursts of strength at point of impact, Kinetic energy generators in the body that amplify blows.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Power Vaccuum [Major]
'I'll take that'

The character can create a small localised field that disrupts and actively attracts forms of energy. The field is small, no more than a foot across and manifests on the character's body. while active, all forms of damaging energy are absorbed into it's surface from up to 30 feet away.(plus 5 feet per level) This counts for free standing energy (a bonfire, live electrical wires etc) as well as energy attacks. Energy sources are reduced by 3D6 damage, plus 1D6 per level of experience. energy attacks that pass through the area are redirected towards the Vaccuum, curving and missing their target. Excess damage stikes the character.
Sources of energy discharge the rolled amount into the Vaccuum twice per melee round. targets composed of energy take the listed damage twice per melee while within the field's area of effect.
The character can isolate the Vaccuum over a hand or other body part and use it as a weapon. the freezing cold of the Vaccuum adds 3D6 to punches/strike.
As a side effect, the character suffers half damage from energy damage.
Limitations: the Vaccuum requires one action per melee round to maintain. The Vaccuum is innefective Vs sonic, darkness and cold attacks.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Crystal Skeleton [Major]
'Ohhhh....this is going to hurt'

The character can transform his skelton, and to a lesser extent his cartiliginous tissue, into hardened crystal, warping and shaping the bones so they jut out and protrude from his body.
1) Defensive bonuses: Once transformed, the bones add 80 to the character's SDC add +4 to roll with punch/fall/impact and +2 to parry, and the character suffers only half damage from large, heavy impacts including falls, automobile crashes and even being crushed under the foot of giant robots. The bones are virtually unbreakable, requiring over 1000 Damage just to shatter one
2) Offensive bonuses: The solid, dense bones, combined with the exposed crystaline striking surfaces add +8 to hand to hand damage. the reinforced body structure turns the character's strength into extraordinary strength and the augmented muscles add +4 to PS.
3) other abilities: The character's bones respond to vibration. by synching with a source of a vibration, the character activelyresists it. The character takes half damage from vibratory or sonic attacks. His crystalised inner ear bones grant excellent high and low range hearing granting +2 to initiative and +2 to perception Saving throws (where hearing is applicable). furrthermore, the character can identify the source and location of any vibrations he can feel, able to track it back to the source.

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Energy Expulsion: Random. [Minor]
"I wonder what I'll get this time...Oh...Fire'

The character can project a wave of energy at a target, damaging him without positively identifying what energy he will be using.
The character posesses three energy expulsion powers initially. whenever he uses this power, he randomly selects which one goes off. At level 2 and every even level thereafter, he adds one more energy expulsion power to the mix. He gains versitility without control.

Energy Expulsion: Time [Minor]
"Time for you to go to Jail Monstersaurus!"

The character projects waves of Temporal particles that affect and afflict the target
Range: 75 feet Plus 5 feet per level.
Duration: Instant. each use of EE Time counts as a single melee attack.
Damage: 1D6 per level of experience.
Bonus to strike: +4 with an aimed shot, +1 wild.
Other effects: each time the target is struck, he must make a saving throw or suffer additional damage equal to the Character's ME. The saving throw is 14 and the target may add any ME bonuses to resist. The target takes his initial damage from raw chronal forces (energy) but his saving throw is to resist having cells physically age and die (and as such while energy resistance protects Vs initial damage, it doesn't help vs the secondary effect.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Crystal Skeleton is way cool. :D
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

gmapprentice wrote:...not bad i guess.

You're a hard avatar to please........

Mind copy: [Minor]
'My uncle died in may arms two years ago today. I'm just going to have a word with him about his will'

The character can make a carbon copy of a target's mind as they die, capturing the trace essence of their passing to forge a copy of their memories and personality. The target must be within 100 feet for the character to accomplish this, and the character must be present at the time of death. The Character needs one melee round of concentration to perform this feat which must be done within 2 minutes per level of the target's passing
The copied mind has all the target's personality and memories. As a copy, and not the real thing, it no longer learns or grows with experience, remaining pretty much the same as when he or she passed on. The copy will remember past conversations with the character, and retains some memory of their time together, but does not get smarter or wiser. The copy is aware that they are a copy, and are aware that they are essnetially a split personality of the character and not the real deal. The copy may be co-opertive if they would do so in life or can be convinced to do so, but otherwise the copy is not under the character's control.

The character interacts with his copies by slipping into a deep meditative trance. He forms a kind of minds eye theatre when he may interact with any one or more of his copies. The copies can physically interact in this mind's eye theatre, but cannot harm one another (but see below)

Each copy has HP equal to the sum of the target's and the character's ME scores. The character can selectively wipe a copy by rolling 1D20 and adding his ME total, plus 1 per level. The copy rolls 1D20 and adds his ME. if the character wins this contest, which can be done once per round, he loses 1D4 of his virtual HP. A Copy is likely to comply with commands rather than be deleted, though they may make a saving throw VS HF (14) To resist. Good aligned characters may be reluctant to resort to torture as a means of coercion, even if the victim is a fragment of his own mind. The character can delete a copy with 2 melee rounds of concentration.

The character can hold 6 copied personalities, plus one per level, and an additional one for every 8 full points of ME.

Batts
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

ok, this one took a while to get the numbers right but here goes....

Super Energy Expulsion: Sphere

This super ability allows the character to create powerful spheres of energy that can be used for both offense as well as a limited defense. The energetic spheres are always made of both kinetic energy as well as another of the characters choosing (chosen at the time of creation), the kinetic aspect of the power acts as a bubble that keeps the rest of the energy gathered into the shape of the sphere.
When the energy sphere is created it always hovers within a foot of the palms either in front or above the character that created it. Once created the character can either keep it hovering above the palm for defense or launch it at an intended target. Although the sphere is usually hurled with a physical movement it is actually a mental throwing and therefore has a range that does not rely on the characters physical strength in any way.

1. Actual Energy Sphere

The energy sphere has a kinetic shell that is meant to hold the energy inside of it. If this shell is ruptured the energy inside will be released in an explosion that does the full damage of the sphere to a 3ft radius per 1ft of size. Only physical attacks can rupture the sphere but must beat an A.R. of 8 to do so and must do at least half the damage that the sphere would have done. So if the sphere is meant to do 6D6 damage, the physical attack must do at least 3D6 damage to rupture it. Energy attacks of a different type are just absorbed by the sphere and do not rupture it, energy attacks of the same type of energy as the sphere will add a quarter of the damage that would have been done by the energy attack to the damage of the sphere as well as another 2D6 inches to its size.

Size: The sphere can be any size between 6 inches and 2ft in diameter starting at level 1 plus 1ft per level of experience.
Number of Spheres: One sphere at a time can be created at level 1 and another can be created at levels 5, 10, and 15.
Damage: The Sphere will rupture when it strikes physical matter and the A.R. of 8 is bypassed, this usually happens within 1 melee round after it hits the ground or 1 melee action after it hits an opponent. Though the sphere has a kinetic casing its still “hot” and will cause 1D4 damage 4 times per melee to whatever it touches. This will often be seen as a trench cut into the ground behind the sphere as it glides along the ground. When the sphere ruptures it does 1D6 damage + 1 per every other level of experience per 1ft in size to a 3ft radius per 1ft in size (round up). So a 3rd level character could use 5 actions to create a sphere 5ft in diameter that does 5D6 +10 points of damage to a 15ft radius. The type of damage caused by the sphere will be as per the type of energy inside it.
Attacks: It takes one action per 1ft added to the energy sphere. This means that a 2ft sphere would take 2 actions, a 4ft sphere would take 4 actions and so on. The sphere will usually start as 1ft in diameter then grow as more energy is pumped into it thereby draining the attacks of the character creating it. After created it takes 1 melee action to “throw” it.
Range: The Sphere will hover 6 inches in front of the characters palm or can be launched up to 10ft per M.E. attribute point +5ft per level of experience. The speed of the sphere will be the M.E. attribute x2 in mph +2 mph per level of experience.
Bonuses: The character gets a bonus of +2 to strike with the sphere +1 per every 2ft of size added to it.
Duration: Until the sphere is ruptured by something physical, this means that if there is nothing to stand in its way (like in space) it could go on forever.

2. Defense

The energy sphere can be used for defense by holding it in front or above as a sort of clumsy shield. Only a sphere 2ft or larger in diameter can be used in this fashion and is usually held stationary in front of the character to intercept incoming attacks. While the sphere will move with the character, it is actually considered more of a barrier than an actual shield. The sphere will block incoming attacks from the direction in which it is held, so attacks from the front can be blocked if the sphere is held in front of the character and attacks from above can be blocked if held above the character, holding the sphere at the side or behind is impossible with this power.

Armor rating: Rather than a bonus to parry the sphere provides an armor rating of 8 against incoming attacks at 2ft in diameter plus 1 per 1ft in size. Once the sphere is as large as the character that created it all incoming attacks will strike the sphere. Attacks that strike above the A.R. hit the character, and attacks that strike below hit the sphere.
The same rules apply to the rupturing the sphere as outlined above. So if a physical attack gets over the A.R. of 8 and does more than half the damage the sphere was created to do it will rupture it and cause it to explode. This makes the sphere only truly effective when blocking low powered physical attacks and energy attacks.

Other: The character takes half damage from the type of energy the sphere is made of, so if they are caught in the blast radius or hit by their own sphere they will take half damage unless they have an immunity provided by another super ability.

The character cannot mentally rupture the sphere at will until 8th level.

Note: Due to the A.R. of the kinetic shell the sphere can be caught like a ball by the target (still doing 1D4 damage unless they are immune to the energy) and halted in its progress and even thrown back if done in under the 1 melee round time limit. The momentum of the sphere has the equivalent P.S. of 20 (normal not extraordinary) and is virtually weightless.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Crystal Skeleton is way cool. :D

Many thanks SG1

Flesh stealing [Major]
'I Love your hands..'

The character can steal the flesh right from a target, consuming and growing from the experience, and leaving a target woefully underpowered.
1) Steal physical mutations: By touching a target the character can attempt to steal an obvious, physical minor power (claws, hardened skin,flight winged etc). the Character expends two actions to do so (and must be able to touch the target, the target may parryor dodge) and the target must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses apply). If the target fails, then he loses the minor power (or mutation) and the character gains it. This also inflicts 2D6 damage to the target, damage that either heals the character or adds an SDC Buffer. The stolen flesh remains with the character for 2d4 Minutes.
2) Steal flesh: the simplest and most common of attacks. The character needs to strike a target and spend two actions, while the target must make the saving throw (as listed above 16+). The target, if he fails his saving throw, loses 6D6 SDC or HP(+1 per level) , while the character gains it, either as healing, or as a Buffer of reserve SDC. The target heals damage normally. any Buffer SDC lasts for 2D4 minutes, or until whittled away with damage.
3) Steal Identity: By touching a target and spending two actions, the target must make a saving throw (as above) or lose 2D6 from His SDC or HP. In addition, the target loses his face and all identifying facial features, even his skin colour becomes neutral. The Character gains his target's appearance, down to fingerprints (only eyes do not change). The character can hold onto the new face for up to an hour per level, but the target recovers his features after 2D4 minutes.
4) Organ theft: The most brutal of abilities. The character lays on his hands and expends 4 melee actions to perfrom this feat, and the target gets a saving throw to resist (14+ PE bonuses apply) If the target fails his saving throw he loses 4D6 HP (not SDC) as well as 2 PE points. The character heals 10% of his SDC and up to 50% of his HP, and becomes refreshed an alert. The target becomes fatigued for the next 2D4 Minutes (-2 to all combat actions, -10% to all skills, half speed and -1 attack per melee)

Batts
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

alot of these abilities you guy's are creating are really cool, i cant keep up! how do you find the time!

and SG1 is right, the crystal skeliton is way cool and the power vacuum is inspired
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Cool aside, Mind Copy would be downright useful. :)
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

Iczer wrote:Energy Expulsion: Time [Minor]

Monstersaurus! Mind if I use that?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Mr Scorpio wrote:

It's all yours

Batts
Mr Scorpio
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mr Scorpio »

Iczer wrote:
Mr Scorpio wrote:

It's all yours

Batts

Sweet. Thanks (posted him in Name Game Thread)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Underworld (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"It's a matter of life and death."

Put simply, the superbeing becomes a ghost, making his clothing and body semitransparent. This allows him to interact with nonliving matter but not anything alive.

1. Abilities of Note: Unlike intangibility, the superbeing can still be hit by objects and cannot pass through most objects. He can pass through thin matter, such as clothing and curtains but not walls or floors. He is thus able to pick up objects and throw them and be hit by weapons, though bullets and arrows will pass through him since they are small and thin. The superbeing will pass through other people and is unaffected by physical strikes. But rather than give off heat, the character gives off cold chills and is readable by sensory equipment as a cold spot. Falls will still hurt him, as will psionics, poison, energy attacks, and explosions.
He cannot materialize just a part of his body or materialize while inside a person, but can become a ghost nearly at the speed of thought (counts as one melee action). The character can only do so for a maximum of four times per melee round.

2. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2d6 MA
+1d4X10 SDC
+20% prowl
Horror Factor: 14 when in ghost form
See the Invisible; since as a ghost he can see other ghosts and supernatural beings
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:just a little confused.... if the guy can't pass through a wall, how come he can pass through a person? and also, what does "four times per melee round" mean? is there a duration to this power?

A person is living matter, so he ignores them since his power only allows interaction with non-living matter. The power is such that he still has to exist and interact with the world in terms of buildings and objects, just not people.
As for the activation and deactivation four time per melee round, that is the same as for Intangibility, of which this power is designed as a variant. There is no specific duration other than he remains that way until deactivating the power.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Teddybears On Parade (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can bring plush animals to life for a time by sacrificing Hit Points to do so..

You vindicate my 'It's Cute, It's Fuzzy, It's Coming Right at Us, Kill It!" rule...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

The superbeing can bring plush animals to life for a time by sacrificing Hit Points to do so..

You vindicate my 'It's Cute, It's Fuzzy, It's Coming Right at Us, Kill It!" rule...

Always a good policy. ;) :-P
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:

So what do you think, we use the high yield explosive rounds?
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:and a paranoid one.

Hey...paranoids have enemies too..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:and a paranoid one.

Just because you are paranoid does not mean they aren't out to get you. Taalismn would actually survive in my campaigns simply because he is paranoid. Players who aren't paranoid in my games usually wind up that way.

gmapprentice wrote:yeah, you do that while i make a call to my friends at the mental institution. :lol:

You say that, but she has actually survived quite well in the time she has been in my gaming group. She also used to DM when I played Dungeons and Dragons years ago, so she knows how to spot the potential enemies. Years of gaming teaches you to draw your weapon early, son.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:considering i'm a pacifist and the fastest runner in my grade, i prefer evasive action against enemies. then again, that's just me. i get your point though, but i doubt every cute little thing you come across is out to get you, even in these games.

No, but a teddy bear moving on its own qualifies at least as a potential threat, or did you not see the movie Men In Black?
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle once had one of our players go to work for a robotics firm and sent him home with a box of sentient self-assembling robotic parts that eventually rewired the house and became controlling like Hal from 2001. 'Nuf 'Sed.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

:shock:
Frack Me!

Glad I'm not in your games cuz, I'm freaky slow at catching on to stuff that's happening around me!
"Most any of us get is 'Mind-that-bus-what-bus?-splat.' "-( Arnold J. Rimmer, The Last Day)
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:considering i'm a pacifist and the fastest runner in my grade, i prefer evasive action against enemies. then again, that's just me. i get your point though, but i doubt every cute little thing you come across is out to get you, even in these games.

Okay, so we go through a lot of kittens in our games, but that doesn't make us psychologically disturbed or evil, does it? :fl:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Steeler49er wrote::shock:
Frack Me!

Glad I'm not in your games cuz, I'm freaky slow at catching on to stuff that's happening around me!
"Most any of us get is 'Mind-that-bus-what-bus?-splat.' "-( Arnold J. Rimmer, The Last Day)

Well, in SG's defense, the player was playing stupid in the first place and kind of deserved it.
:-D Nice, you know Red Dwarf.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Underworld (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

Put simply, the superbeing becomes a ghost, making his clothing and body semitransparent. This allows him to interact with nonliving matter but not anything alive.

1. Abilities of Note: Unlike intangibility, the superbeing can still be hit by objects and cannot pass through most objects. He can pass through thin matter, such as clothing and curtains but not walls or floors. He is thus able to pick up objects and throw them and be hit by weapons, though bullets and arrows will pass through him since they are small and thin. The superbeing will pass through other people and is unaffected by physical strikes. But rather than give off heat, the character gives off cold chills and is readable by sensory equipment as a cold spot. Falls will still hurt him, as will psionics, poison, energy attacks, and explosions.
He cannot materialize just a part of his body or materialize while inside a person, but can become a ghost nearly at the speed of thought (counts as one melee action). The character can only do so for a maximum of four times per melee round.

+2d6 MA
+1d4X10 SDC
+20% prowl
See the Invisible; since as a ghost he can see other ghosts and supernatural beings

This power has been bugging me for a couple of reasons.
First off, if the superbeing can pass through "thin matter", there should be at least resistance to damage inflicted, say ignoring the first 20 points and taking half damage for the rest. That would justify your ignoring of bullet and arrow damage.
Secondly, with a good run the character should be able to force his way through a wall but take damage as a result, say 1d4 or 1d6.
The only thing I have to say otherwise is that Intangibility as it is written bugs me. Maybe you can write a revised version?
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:you guys are kinda crazy.. lucky for you i consider that a good thing. craziness is what keeps this world moving forward.

Yeah, that's nice, but you still wouldn't want any of us moving in next door to you, would you?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
First off, if the superbeing can pass through "thin matter", there should be at least resistance to damage inflicted, say ignoring the first 20 points and taking half damage for the rest. That would justify your ignoring of bullet and arrow damage.
Secondly, with a good run the character should be able to force his way through a wall but take damage as a result, say 1d4 or 1d6.

Edited below:

Underworld (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Abilities of Note: Unlike intangibility, the superbeing can still be hit by objects and cannot pass through most objects. He can pass through thin matter, such as clothing and curtains, easily, but his ability to pass through walls or floors has a success rate equal to the percentage of his speed it is at (up to a limit of 98%), so moving at 90% speed has a 90% success of pushing him through a wall, but he sustains 1d4 damage when passing though it. He is able to pick up objects and throw them and be hit by weapons, though bullets and arrows will pass through him since they are small and thin. The superbeing will pass through other people and is unaffected by physical strikes. He is resistant to damage from projectiles and melee weapons, ignoring the first 20 points of damage and taking only half the remaining damage. Psionics, poison, energy attacks do full damage.
Also, rather than give off heat, the character gives off cold chills and is readable by sensory equipment as a cold spot.

+2d6 MA
+1d4X10 SDC
+20% prowl

Gryphon Chick wrote: The only thing I have to say otherwise is that Intangibility as it is written bugs me. Maybe you can write a revised version?

I will work on it. :-D
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Nice, thank you. :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

No, thank you. ;)

Intangibility: Revised (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

This power affects the bonding element of molecules, making the person and 20 pounds of material per level on his person intangible- seen but not touched. While Intangible, the character is seen as a semi-transparent ghost image of himself.He is the perfect spy, being nearly invisible and silent (adds +40% to prowl ability). His appearance alone can be quite harrowing (treat as a Horror Factor of 14 when in this state). Uses one melee attack/action to become tangible or intangible, and can only do so 4 times per melee round. Even when intangible, he can still speak, hear and smell as normal.

1. Abilities of Note:
* Limited Invulnerability: Intangibility means that punches, kicks, sticks and stones, bullets, missives, explosive force and most conventional attacks pass right through the character harmlessly, like a ghost.
* Phasing: The character can pass through any substance, stone, steel, and earth without affecting it or himself. He can also walk on dense molecules such as smoke, air and clouds, as well as walk on water. Moving is done at one third to avoid losing attachment to surfaces he is standing on and causing him to sink or rise up uncontrollably 2d4 feet. He cannot, however, glide or float in the air, but falls will not hurt him in this state.

2. Limitations:
* No Combat While Intangible: Just as no one can touch him, the character cannot touch others or objects, making combat impossible. Any strikes attempted would pass harmlessly through the target.
* Cannot Partially Materialize: The character cannot materialize only part of himself without risking limb loss. To materialize while in an object will fuse him with it, resulting in injury or death. Objects on his person cannot be thrown and expected to materialize; they must be on his person to become tangible again.
* Electrical Energy Will Force Materialization: Laser and electrical attacks, as well as passing through machinery using electricity, will cause him to materialize due to the static energy effect on his molecules. He cannot have active electronics on is person when becoming intangible and the equipment will become inoperable while he is in that state. Intense heat and fire will also do 30% normal damage.
* Increased Vulnerability to Gas: Gas attacks do full damage and the character cannot save against them in this state.
* Psionic Attacks: Full effect

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d6 MA
+1d4X10 SDC
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:...eh.

Do you have a problem with the way I revised Intangibility?
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Yeah, those were the changes to Intangibility Iwas thinking needed to be made. I appreciate you doing that so now we have a version I can live with.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

TrumbachD wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:Cool aside, Mind Copy would be downright useful. :)

Very useful indeed.

As the author envisioned it, could the copies be down loaded into computers, borgs, cloned bodies, or even objects like weapons, jewelery and so on?

Perhaps a Golem (in the magic category section) given a downloaded human mind would have the original humans Mental Attributes.
Perhaps a (Major) version of this power might be able to do these things?

I Also like how you made it so that it could only be used on others and not able to be used as a way for the character him/herself to cheat death.
Strictly speaking, that trick is more suited to the Transferral/Possession (Major) Power provided the dying Superbeing can find somebody in range to use it on!

strictly as envisioned/written, the character basically creates multiple personalities, each new one being a copy of someone else. The hero could keep his now deceased mentor on file, or a more despicable villain could kill someone and still keep them around for interrogation later.

If I were to envision a major version, I would venture into copying live people rather than a person upon death, and allowing them to operate the body (thus giving the character the ability to access a wide variety of skills via proxy).

Fundamentally, the power as is doesn't allow him to upload stored personalities, but another power in conjunction may allow it to incorporate that ability. IIRC there is an astral travel psionic power that allows the character to take others with him. that would be a means to an end.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:
TrumbachD wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:Cool aside, Mind Copy would be downright useful. :)

Very useful indeed.

As the author envisioned it, could the copies be down loaded into computers, borgs, cloned bodies, or even objects like weapons, jewelery and so on?

Perhaps a Golem (in the magic category section) given a downloaded human mind would have the original humans Mental Attributes.
Perhaps a (Major) version of this power might be able to do these things?

I Also like how you made it so that it could only be used on others and not able to be used as a way for the character him/herself to cheat death.
Strictly speaking, that trick is more suited to the Transferral/Possession (Major) Power provided the dying Superbeing can find somebody in range to use it on!

strictly as envisioned/written, the character basically creates multiple personalities, each new one being a copy of someone else. The hero could keep his now deceased mentor on file, or a more despicable villain could kill someone and still keep them around for interrogation later.

If I were to envision a major version, I would venture into copying live people rather than a person upon death, and allowing them to operate the body (thus giving the character the ability to access a wide variety of skills via proxy).

Fundamentally, the power as is doesn't allow him to upload stored personalities, but another power in conjunction may allow it to incorporate that ability. IIRC there is an astral travel psionic power that allows the character to take others with him. that would be a means to an end.

Batts

Of course, you could make a power that allows someone to place someone else's consciousness inside a golem or robot, or is that even beyond the great Iczer to do? :-P And now you mention the possibility of a Major version of Mind Copy, how about it? *cracks whip* :D
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

Hi my fellow power brokers, I’ve had some ideas that you might like to apply:

Electric Mirror: Summons an energy shield in front of the user. Any projectile that hits it will be reflected, damaging the opponent with a combination of their own attack and lightning energy.

Arctic Breath: The user is able to exhale super-cold breath, capable of flash freezing opponents or launching icicles at them.

Arm Torpedo: the user is able to put their hand in the ground and they come up at a distance and hit or grab the opponent.

Rolling Metal: The user is able to create a huge metal spiked sphere that they can command to roll and crush.

Electro Yo-Yo: The user summons a huge electric circular object with many blades sticking out like a buzz saw, which is controlled by a small lightning bolt like a yo-yo. They are able to manipulate the electric yo-yo through the string to slice and smash through anything.

Anchors Away: The user is able to launch large anchors on chains from their arms.

Afterimage: The user is able to create afterimages.

Double Jump: The user is able to jump on the air.

Oh before I forget, I’m working on a superpower form of Techno-Wizadry, any ideas would be of great help.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

89er wrote:Hi my fellow power brokers, I’ve had some ideas that you might like to apply:

Electric Mirror: Summons an energy shield in front of the user. Any projectile that hits it will be reflected, damaging the opponent with a combination of their own attack and lightning energy.

Arctic Breath: The user is able to exhale super-cold breath, capable of flash freezing opponents or launching icicles at them.

Arm Torpedo: the user is able to put their hand in the ground and they come up at a distance and hit or grab the opponent.

Rolling Metal: The user is able to create a huge metal spiked sphere that they can command to roll and crush.

Electro Yo-Yo: The user summons a huge electric circular object with many blades sticking out like a buzz saw, which is controlled by a small lightning bolt like a yo-yo. They are able to manipulate the electric yo-yo through the string to slice and smash through anything.

Anchors Away: The user is able to launch large anchors on chains from their arms.

Afterimage: The user is able to create afterimages.

Double Jump: The user is able to jump on the air.

Oh before I forget, I’m working on a superpower form of Techno-Wizadry, any ideas would be of great help.

I like the Anchors Away one, so if you don't mind I will be doing that one :D I will have to play with the others and see if they are useable.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Electric Mirror (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, based on an idea by 89er

The superbeing creates a static field 10 feet square which halves the damage of anything passing through it and send an electric spike of energy back on the person attacking. The field is activated using one melee attack/action and remains in effect until removed (uses one attack/action per round to maintain). The field can be set up anywhere within the hero's ME number in feet away, plus one foot per level, but the hero must remain in range to keep it active. The energy spike returns to the attacker on the wake of molecules disturbed by the attack, up to a distance of 300 feet, plus 30 feet per level, doing 3d6 damage, plus 1d6 damage per level. Those trying to strike through the field will also take damage of 3d6 and be stunned for one full melee round if not saving against the effect (14 0r better, PE bonus applies).

Matter Expulsion: Blades (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"This is going to hurt you, a lot."

The hero shoots daggers from the back of his wrists,having them shoot out of the skin, which immediately closes back up.

Range: 100 feet, plus 10 feet per level
Damage: 3d6, +1d6 per level per blade
Duration: Instant; dissolves on impact
Attacks: Uses one attack/action
Rate of Fire: 1-3 per shot, can fire simultaneously with both arms at one target or with one arm aimed at each of two targets
Bonuses: +3 aimed,+1 wild when shooting at a single target; no bonuses when shooting two targets simultaneously.
Penetration: Strikes armor as if it were 2 AR less, -1 AR at levels 4, 8 and 12.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:not bad... they seem a tad strong, though.

Not strong enough to be majors, though.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Anchors Away (Major) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by 89er

The superbeing has bulgy arms from which he can launch anchors which appear from nowhere but are held to the hero by lengths of chain. The anchors can be used as weapons as well as to hold him as stabilizing lines.

1. Unbreakable Bones: The superbeing's bones are like metal, making them impossible to break or shatter. Any damage that would normally result in a broken bone is halved. Bonuses: Punches and kicks inflict an additional +1d6, +2 to roll with impact, +6d6 SDC. Strength is considered Extraordinary for the purposes of lifting and carrying.

2. Matter Expulsion: Anchors: The superbeing can shoot anchors which appear from the back of his wrists and held to him by chains. By shooting them into rock, he can anchor himself to it to prevent falling.
Range: 50 feet, plus 5 feet per level; anchors are roughly a foot long
Duration: Anchor and chain remain until withdrawn into the arms of the superbeing
Weight Tolerance: 400 pounds, plus 100 pounds per level
Damage: 2d6, plus 1d6 per level of experience, with damage able to be regulated in increments of 1d6; does minimal damage when hitting and entangling
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action
Bonuses: +3 to strike, +4 to Entangle, plus any PP attribute bonuses
Anchor AR and SDC: Each anchor and chain has an effective Natural AR of 12, plus 1 at levels 4, 8, and 12, and SDC of 40 per anchor, with 10 SDC per foot of chain. If broken off, the anchors dissove into nothing within one melee round and require all lost SDC to be recovered before being useable again. SDC recovers at a rate of 4d6 per 10 minutes.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2d4 PE
+1d4X10 SDC
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Anchors Away (Major) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by 89er

"Argh, that last hit was a fluke!"
"No, sir, I'm pretty sure it was a mushroom!"
"Nope...that was a grapnel the Boss caught with his face!"
"No, you're all wrong..it was a bruce!"
"Oh shut up you witless minions!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Electric Yo-Yo (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by 89er

The superbeing generates an electric force disc which he controls by means of an energy tether. The disc spins at high speed, acting like a saw, cutting into targets.

Range: 5 feet, plus one foot per level, line of sight
Damage: 1d6 damage at levels 1, 3, 5, 7,9, 11, 13 and 15
Duration: Concentration, up to the superbeing's ME number in melee rounds
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to activate and one attack per melee round to maintain
Bonuses: +3 to strike, plus bonuses from PP and WP Whip, which the character gets automatically with this power.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

If no gases can get in or out how do they breathe? I'm sorry, just not getting the point of this power.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

You are limiting its use way too much for it to be much of a power. I also like the idea of some weaknesses, not just this deal where the character can crawl in his protective bubble to feel safe.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

It doesn't suck, it just needs work. If you quit every time someone doesn't like something you do, you'll never make it in anything you do. Just take a deep breath and examine the power from an objective perspective and I'm sure you will figure out how to make it work as something useful to the game. Right now it's not all that useful, that's all I meant.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”