NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Are you kidding me! I freaking love that power... And to think how you made it so quick. Sure I guess it could use a little fine tuning but, what power does anyone here write that doesn't?

Man dude, you're one heckuva talented writter. Just wish I cpd post something... Right now Im typing on mi wifes little ipod... It,s the closest Im getting to typing anything here for a week. Dude you've put me to shame and Im glad of that.

And SG1, you're Ripping up the Net with your fast paced turn out on powers. Thank you both fer cool powers and anchor looks clean, cool idea 89er
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Gryphon Chick wrote:If no gases can get in or out how do they breathe? I'm sorry, just not getting the point of this power.

I'd regard that as one of its limitations...Unless you have some form of life support or means to renew your air, you're faced with the choice of keeping up your invincible defense and suffocating, or dropping it momentarily to grab a breath and hoping you don't get creamed in those seconds of vulnerability...
Also, it makes you more aware of circumstances...if you've got a dozen panicked people inside the field with you, or you're hyperventilating, you're going to go through your available air a lot faster than if you're alone or using biofeedback to calm yourself down and slow your respiratory rate....

THis can be worked with...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Electric Yo-Yo (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by 89er

The superbeing generates an electric force disc which he controls by means of an energy tether. The disc spins at high speed, acting like a saw, cutting into targets.

Range: 5 feet, plus one foot per level, line of sight
Damage: 1d6 damage at levels 1, 3, 5, 7,9, 11, 13 and 15
Duration: Concentration, up to the superbeing's ME number in melee rounds
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to activate and one attack per melee round to maintain
Bonuses: +3 to strike, plus bonuses from PP and WP Whip, which the character gets automatically with this power.

"Oh ^*%&*&!!! He's 'WALKING THE DOG'!!! RUN!!!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Electric Yo-Yo (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by 89er

The superbeing generates an electric force disc which he controls by means of an energy tether. The disc spins at high speed, acting like a saw, cutting into targets.

Range: 5 feet, plus one foot per level, line of sight
Damage: 1d6 damage at levels 1, 3, 5, 7,9, 11, 13 and 15
Duration: Concentration, up to the superbeing's ME number in melee rounds
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to activate and one attack per melee round to maintain
Bonuses: +3 to strike, plus bonuses from PP and WP Whip, which the character gets automatically with this power.

"Oh ^*%&*&!!! He's 'WALKING THE DOG'!!! RUN!!!"

:lol: "Yo, man- It's Yo-Man!"
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:If no gases can get in or out how do they breathe? I'm sorry, just not getting the point of this power.

I'd regard that as one of its limitations...Unless you have some form of life support or means to renew your air, you're faced with the choice of keeping up your invincible defense and suffocating, or dropping it momentarily to grab a breath and hoping you don't get creamed in those seconds of vulnerability...
Also, it makes you more aware of circumstances...if you've got a dozen panicked people inside the field with you, or you're hyperventilating, you're going to go through your available air a lot faster than if you're alone or using biofeedback to calm yourself down and slow your respiratory rate....

THis can be worked with...

Oh, definitely. I think if he were to increase the duration to 1 hour per level whether he or someone else were inside it, and get rid of the immunity to gas and just make it a resistance OR make it have a limited oxygen supply, say five minutes without breathing apparatus, it could definitely work. I would also give it an amount of SDC and effective AR of 19 rather than make it strictly impervious, as well as giving it a strength of the superbeing's ME attribute number in Supernatural strength against being moved rather than being strictly immovable. Apologies, but maybe something like this:

Perfect Space (Major Power) by gmapprentice, as modified by Stone Gargoyle

"Trust me, everything's gonna be okay. But only in here."

1. Safety Sphere:The superbeing can create a large, glowing sphere, 8 feet in diameter, plus one foot per level, and floating 1 foot above the ground. The sphere cannot be moved in any way (Supernatural PS equal to the superbeing's ME attribute number, +1 PS per level), and is virtually indestructible (SDC equal to the superbeing's ME attribute number X1000 and effective Natural AR of 19, and impervious to energy attacks, with anything less than Supernatural strength attacks having no effect,with Supernatural punches and strikes only doing half damage if hitting over the AR, and explosions doing half damage)!! But, it has its limitations. It can only contain a total of 250 pounds of matter (plus 50 pounds per level), organic or not, and once that matter is inside, it cannot come back out until the end of the power's duration or until the superbeing cancels the power. Those inside have enough air to survive, and are immune to all outside attacks, gases, magic, psionics, radiation, energy, etc.., but only have five minutes of breathable air without other breathing apparatus. NOTHING can get in or out.

Range: Can be created up to a distance of 10 feet away per level. Duration: Can maintain the power for one hour per level, per day, but only provides enough oxygen to breathe for 5 minutes per level.
Attacks: Uses one full melee round to create.

2. Side Effect: Insanity: Obsession: Perfect Space: The chance of acquiring this insanity is 14% +2% per level, starting at level two. Halve this percentage for characters with an ME of 23 or higher. Results of the insanity are that any time the character is facing a stronger opponent, in a life-threatening situation, fails to save versus Horror Factor, is confronted with the target of a Phobia or similar, they must make a save of 16 or higher (ME bonuses versus Insanity applicable) to avoid IMMEDIATELY creating the Perfect Space and fleeing to its safety for a minimum of 5 minutes. The absolute safety of the Perfect Space is hard to resist...
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

That reads a lot better, but shouldn't you make it impervious to cold, heat, fire, electricity, etc.?
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yeah, okay, I fixed it. Still waiting to find out if he thinks this fits within his concept of the power.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Yeah, okay, I fixed it. Still waiting to find out if he thinks this fits within his concept of the power.

Hopefully he can appreciate you are trying to help and not be overly sensitive this time.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:i did the whole thing in five minutes, in my sleep.... i know it sucks.... everything i do sucks.

You can work in your sleep?! :shock: :shock: :shock:
THERE'S a power I'd like to have!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:it's not that great, to be honest...

There's a point at which modesty becomes ridiculous...
Do not go past that point... ;)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Working in your sleep is overrated.

Coming Soon: APS Arsenal (based on an idea from another thread)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:sounds... kinda like the techno-form and gun-limb powers.

Not really, but you'll have to wait and read it like everyone else.

Alter Physical Structure: Arsenal (Major) by Stone Gargoyle, inspired by an idea by znbrtn
"You'll have weapons in a minute."

The superbeing can change into a being made up of segmented sections which can be removed from his body and given to others to use.

1. Torso Boy: The superbeing's torso becomes segmented from his arms and legs and remains otherwise unchanged. Torso SDC is 40 and it has Hit Points equaling those of the superbeing before he transforms, +1d4X100 extra. These extra Hit Points are used as Ammo Points when firing the limbs (he can add his regular Hit Points to the Ammo Points, also), which the superbeing must transfer into the limbs to reload them, but also allow the superbeing to take increased damage. When his limbs are removed, the superbeing cannot do anything that would require arms and legs, obviously.
All Hit Points (including ammo points) and SDC replenishes at a rate of 4d6 per 10 minutes. Loss of all torso SDC reverts him to normal form.

2. Segmented Limbs: The arms and legs are removable and usable as rifles, though the superbeing can fire them himself when they are still attached. Each arm has an SDC of 20, each leg has an SDC of 30. When attached, , the superbeing had Superhuman PS with the arms and the legs can move at three times the superbeing's speed. The limbs use ammo points to assign shot damage. Limb damage regenerates at a rate of 4d6 SDC per 10 minutes. The limbs look very much like body parts in the shape of rifles, all fleshy.
Range: 600 feet, plus 60 feet per level
Duration: Hits instantly; a limb may remain separated for the superbeing's PE number of melee rounds.
Damage: 1d6 per ammo point used, with specific damage assigned to a limb before it is removed, variable when used by the character. The "shot" is made of the character's flesh and appears to be bloody body tissue. Maximum damage is 3d6, plus 1d6 damage per level.
Payload: The superbeing can assign each limb ammo points equal to the SDC amount for the limb, not limited when attached to the character.
Attacks/actions: Uses one melee attack/action to fire a limb, one to remove it, and one to assign it ammo points.
Bonuses: The superbeing himself is +2 to strike with these weapons; those using them get no additional bonuses but can use their WP Rifle bonuses when firing the limbs.

3.Other Abilities and Bonuses:
Automatically gets Paired Weapons skill whether transformed or not
+2d4 PE
+20% to save vs. coma/death
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

No on both counts.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

When the superbeing attacks with the limbs, they are attached and are basically fired as per matter expulsion. He does not use the arms as rifles. Anyone else using them as rifles would not get a skill to use them because that would not make sense. The arms become rifles, they do not provide the skill to use rifles. Someone using the arms or legs to fire would be able to use WP Rifle to do so if they already had the skill.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I like APS: Arsenal, but why doesn't torso SDC regenerate? Also, why does the base HP remain the same when the additional regenerates?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:I like APS: Arsenal, but why doesn't torso SDC regenerate? Also, why does the base HP remain the same when the additional regenerates?

Okay, fixed that.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:I like APS: Arsenal, but why doesn't torso SDC regenerate? Also, why does the base HP remain the same when the additional regenerates?

Okay, fixed that.

Okay then. It seems you could have variants on the power as well to allow different types of projectiles and attacks. I like that you worked in the term "torso boy", seeing as how I am a Weird Al fan myself (the term "torso boy" was featured in the song "Albequerqe" by Weird Al Yankovic), and wonder what weirdness you have in store for us next!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yeah, it's fun working in little things like that when I get the opportunity.

Hmm, a variant, you say...

Alter Physical Structure: Blades (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can change into a being made up of segmented sections which can be removed from his body and given to others to use.

1. Torso Boy: The superbeing's torso becomes segmented from his arms and legs and remains otherwise unchanged. Torso SDC is 40 and it has Hit Points equaling those of the superbeing before he transforms. When his limbs are removed, the superbeing cannot do anything that would require arms and legs, obviously. All Hit Points and SDC replenishes at a rate of 4d6 per 10 minutes. Loss of all torso SDC reverts him to normal form. The torso is 2 and 1/2 feet long and can be swung as an axe or the character can axe someone with his face, for 2d6 damage plus PS damage bonus.

2. Segmented Limbs: The arms and legs are removable and usable as swords, having bladed bone edges, though the superbeing can use them himself when they are still attached. Each arm has an SDC of 20, each leg has an SDC of 30. When attached, the superbeing has Superhuman PS with the arms and the legs can move at three times normal speed. Using the limb to block or parry will do half damage to the limb.
Range: 3 feet, plus 2 inches per level
Duration: Hits instantly; a limb may remain separated for the superbeing's PE number of melee rounds.
Damage: Swords do 3d6, plus 1d6 damage per level, plus PS damage Bonus. The superbeing may adjust the damage up or down by 1d6 and assigns the damage amount to the limb prior to detaching it.
Attacks/actions: Uses one melee attack/action to attack with a sword limb, one to remove it or reattach it.
Bonuses: The superbeing himself is +2 to strike with these weapons; those using them get no additional bonuses but can use their WP Sword bonuses when using the limbs.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
The extra bone sections gives the superbeing a Natural AR of 12
Automatically gets Paired Weapons skill whether transformed or not
+2d4 PE
+20% to save vs. coma/death
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Alter Physical Structure: Armor (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can become a metallic shell which can be worn by others. This is strictly voluntary. The superbeing can remove himself at any time either by falling off and reassembling or by transforming back to normal.

1. Hollow Shell: The superbeing transforms into a plate metal armor shell which provides has the following abilities:
SDC: The armor shell has an SDC of 400, plus 40 SDC per level. When all SDC is depleted, the armor appears to disappear and the superbeing will reappear 1d4 feet away. Armor SDC regenerates at a rate of 4d6 every 10 minutes. Hit Points are not applicable in this form.
AR: This provides an AR to the wearer of 14, plus 1 AR at levels 4, 8 and 12. The superbeing has a Natural AR of 12, plus 1 at levels 4, 8 and 12. Thus attacks under his Natural AR will do no damage, over his Natural AR but under the protection AR will do full damage to him and none to the wearer, and strikes over the protective AR do half damage to him and half damage to the wearer.

2. Bonuses and Penalties:
Bonuses and Penalties to Wearer: Wearing armor will limit movement, with a penalty to dodge, parry and roll with impact of -2. The superbeing can assist them to negate this penalty, in which case it becomes a bonus of +2. While wearing the armor, the wearer's strength becomes Extrardinary. Add +1d6 to all physical strikes.
Bonuses and Penalties to Superbeing: When not being worn, the superbeing still has Extraordinary PS and gains +2d6 to his PS attribute, and gains +3 to initiative, +2 to strike, parry and dodge, +4 to roll with punch, fall or impact, +2 to pull punch, and gains a damage bonus of +1d6 to all strikes. Impervious to Cold.

+2 to save vs.Horror Factor
+2d4 PE

4.Additional Notes: If the armor dude wants the person inside to stay with him, then that could get ugly. It would require a strength check of the wearer's PS vs. the superbeing's PE. If the wearer has stronger PS than the PE of the superbeing, he could break the armor dude apart to get out. If evil, the superbeing could keep the wearer inside him and prevent movement and cut off oxygen supply.
The armor dude is like an oversized suit of armor, so most humanoids would fit inside, with the innards adjusting to cushion and hold the wearer in place. And, yes, just like Bio-Armor, the specific colors and shape are decided upon creation of the character.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:not bad.

I'm not completely 100% about it, but it will do for what it is intended to be. I don't like that the Natural AR and protective AR difference is only 2 points, but kind of limited in that if I drop the Natural AR too low the superbeing will not have very much protection himself and it will be too low for metal.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:sounds... kinda like the techno-form and gun-limb powers.

Not really, but you'll have to wait and read it like everyone else.

Alter Physical Structure: Arsenal (Major) by Stone Gargoyle, inspired by an idea by znbrtn

"NO! That's -MY- gun down there...Do not touch..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Alter Physical Structure: Armor (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can become a metallic shell which can be worn by others.

1. Hollow Shell: The superbeing transforms into a plate metal armor shell which provides has the following abilities:
SDC: The armor shell has an SDC of 400, plus 40 SDC per level. When all SDC is depleted, the armor appears to disappear and the superbeing will reappear 1d4 feet away. Armor SDC regenerates at a rate of 4d6 every 10 minutes. Hit Points are not applicable in this form.
AR: This provides an AR to the wearer of 14, plus 1 AR at levels 4, 8 and 12. The superbeing has a Natural AR of 12, plus 1 at levels 4, 8 and 12. Thus attacks under his Natural AR will do no damage, over his Natural AR but under the protection AR will do full damage to him and none to the wearer, and strikes over the protective AR do half damage to him and half damage to the wearer.

Bonuses and Penalties to Wearer: Wearing armor will limit movement, with a penalty to dodge, parry and roll with impact of -2. The superbeing can assist them to negate this penalty, in which case it becomes a bonus of +2. While wearing the armor, the wearer's strength becomes Extraordinary. Add +1d6 to all physical strikes.
Bonuses and Penalties to Superbeing: When not being worn, the superbeing still has Extraordinary PS and gains +2d6 to his PS attribute, and gains +3 to initiative, +2 to strike, parry and dodge, +4 to roll with punch, fall or impact, +2 to pull punch, and gains a damage bonus of +1d6 to all strikes. Impervious to Cold.

+2d4 PE

Alphonse Elric, Berry the Chopper/#66, #48, Naga the Serpent/Nama
Well not quite those....

What happens when the person inside the armor and the super-armor-being want to go in two different directions? or between moving and not moving
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

The superbeing can become a metallic shell which can be worn by others.

Bonuses and Penalties to Wearer: Wearing armor will limit movement, with a penalty to dodge, parry and roll with impact of -2. The superbeing can assist them to negate this penalty, in which case it becomes a bonus of +2. While wearing the armor, the wearer's strength becomes Extraordinary. Add +1d6 to all physical strikes.

+2d4 PE

Alphonse Elric, Berry the Chopper/#66, #48, Naga the Serpent/Nama
Well not quite those....

What happens when the person inside the armor and the super-armor-being want to go in two different directions? or between moving and not moving

The superbeing can remove himself at any time either by falling off and reassembling or by transforming back to normal.
taalismn
Priest

"You're not my Knight in Shining Armor...You ARE my Shining Armor."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

"Don't worry,my love, I'm here to protect you."
Why are you taking off your- Oh, my god!!!" :lol:
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:The super-being can remove himself at any time either by falling off and reassembling or by transforming back to normal.

And if the armor dude wants the person inside to stay with him?

Shape?
The same all the time or can he make himself to form fit?
I'm pretty sure his stylization (patterns and colors) would stay the same.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:The super-being can remove himself at any time either by falling off and reassembling or by transforming back to normal.

And if the armor dude wants the person inside to stay with him?

Then that could get ugly. I would do a strength check of the wearer's PS vs. the superbeing's PE. If the wearer has stronger PS than the PE of the superbeing, he could break the armor dude apart to get out. If evil, the superbeing could keep the wearer inside him and prevent movement and cut off oxygen supply.

drewkitty~..~ wrote:Shape?
The same all the time or can he make himself to form fit?
I'm pretty sure his stylization (patterns and colors) would stay the same.

The armor dude is like an oversized suit of armor, so most humanoids would fit inside, with the innards adjusting to cushion and hold the wearer in place. And, yes, just like Bio-Armor, the specific colors and shape are decided upon creation of the character.

I will edit it to include these specifics.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

I like how you made Two (and not just one) APS: powers. First you created Arsenal the Blades, both are variants but both hava differing taste to them.

Armor I came across tonight (as well as Blade and Asenal) while plodding around on the Wiki boards.
Just curious... How does one go about getting authorized to post stuff on there? I ask cuz you're already busy as a beaver putting up yours And Others stuff all the time and I'd rather not contribute to your work load.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:I like how you made Two (and not just one) APS: powers. First you created Arsenal the Blades, both are variants but both hava differing taste to them.

Armor I came across tonight (as well as Blade and Asenal) while plodding around on the Wiki boards.
Just curious... How does one go about getting authorized to post stuff on there? I ask cuz you're already busy as a beaver putting up yours And Others stuff all the time and I'd rather not contribute to your work load.

There is a link on the main page to Nimmy's forums which he requires you to join in order to be allowed to post there. Once you have joined, you have to sign up on the wiki site and get a user page to link your powers to in addition to the category pages so we have an index of them by author and category.
All materials posted there must have been created by you or you have to have permission from someone else which you can have verified to post their stuff. Materials must be posted here or on Nimmy's site in order to ensure appropriateness and quality of material being presented. If there are any problems with anything you have posted or it needs to be fixed, we might ask you to fix it yourself or take it down and have you repost it depending on the severity of errors. Inappropriate material will be taken down and other will be action taken if problems persist, much as on these boards.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

No, Steeler49er was asking about the Black Vault Wiki. It is a wiki set up to act as an easy resource when looking up powers rather than having to sort through the posts in this thread. It was created by the DeificNMI and I am one of the administrators there. It contains well over 2000 powers by now plus other stuff like spells. Not enough people post their stuff there and I was actually thinking of asking you if you wanted to post anything from here over to there.

http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php/Main_Page
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:speaking of which, here's a new one.

Stop Self (Minor Power)
Have you ever been doing something and then, when someone yells "WAIT, STOP!!!", you can't stop and something bad happens? Well, with this power, you never have to worry about that again! This power allows a superbeing to freeze his muscles to prevent motion. This can be used once per melee, and takes two actions to perform, during which the character's muscles cannot be moved. This power can be used as a Roll with Impact at +10 (other bonuses don't apply in this case), to avoid being knocked down for any reason or to add +10% to precision skills such as Demolitions, Demolitions Disposal and Medical skills, by stopping motions that would cause mistakes. Other Bonuses: +1 to P.P.

Nice, though stopping motion would actually harm you on a Roll with Impact because you would stand and take damage rather than roll with it. If you want him to avoid being knocked down, just say immune to knock-down effects and +5/20% to maintain balance. I like the other bonuses, though. :)
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Looks good, nice and clear bonuses. Works for me. :)
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote::-? i don't get it.

Means somebody's going commando...either whoever's doing the protecting(disrobing prior to assuming Armor Form)
OR..the person about to be protected(more the latter...something about "I wanna feel you next to my skin....ALL of you and ALL of my skin....")
Yeah, the dating scene can get pretty kinky when you add in superpowers.... :wink:
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:wait. i need to register on something to post powers here? AM I GONNA GET IN TROUBLE NOW!!!!???? :( :eek: :? :shock:

ALL MUTANTS MUST BE REGISTERED. IT IS THE LAW. FAILURE TO COMPLY WILL RESULT IN SEVERE PENALTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SEVERE FINES, IMPRISONMENT AND MANDATORY REHABILITATION, AND SUSPENSION OF CIVIL RIGHTS.
REMEMBER: YOUR GOVERNMENT CARES. LISTEN TO YOUR GOVERNMENT. OBEY AND BE CARED FOR.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The concept originated in X-Men with the Mutant Registration Act but has been echoed in most every mutant and superhero comic out there. Kind of makes you wonder why anyone even comes out of the cape closet. :P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yup, and I always play up how they stand out in my games for effect. I even once had a villain going after the hero trying to harvest his superhero organs. :P
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Explosive Cocktail (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"With this one little bottle EVERYBODY gets wasted."

The superbeing can accelerate the molecules in alcohol, turning it into an explosive substance.
Range: Touch, with an effective blast radius of 10 feet
Duration: Alcohol remains accelerated for one melee round per level
Damage: 3d4 damage for a 12 fluid ounce bottle, plus 1d4 per level, plus 1 additional point per additional ounce in the bottle, to all targets within range. Can only affect his ME number of ounces of alcohol at one time, plus one additional ounce per level. Alcohol must be thrown or smashed against something to detonate and will not explode if simply poured on someone or if drank.
Attacks: Altering the alcohol uses one melee attack/action
Limitations: Does not affect those in alcohol form due to a superpower or alcohol created using magic.
Bonuses: +2 to strike when throwing a bottle, +2 to save vs.alcohol poisoning
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i don't understand the duration... can you use it multiple times within the duration, or does it have to be used within the duration or nothing happens?

The alcohol has to be thrown or smashed before the time duration in order to explode. Given the nature of the power, it is generally a one use per bottle deal. He grabs the bottle, causes the molecules to speed up, then throws it and it go "BOOM!"
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

What he did was basically give a character the power to create his own molotov cocktail from an actual cocktail drink. Nice play on words and nice power, SG.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:it's not bad i guess.

I guess I can't please all of the people all of the time.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i'm just really hard to please. don't take it personally.

Just remember that there is a difference between being hard to please and being a jerk about things. Making negative comments all the time makes one tend to think negatively. In any case, I don't take it personally unless someone really insults my work. Not understanding it or having a negative attitude about it won't offend me, but it will get tiresome.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Look, I know all about depression and negativity, since I myself am on medication for anger/depression, so I can sympathize.
As for the power, it was just something that popped into my head. You would be surprised, though, how many D&D games I have played in where the spell of choice was the Fireball. Sometimes people just like blowing stuff up.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i know. it's fun to blow stuff up and smash stuff once in a while. i just find it boring after going through it every few days. my brother plays videogames (i gave up on that once i discovered palladium), and there's a lot of explosions and junk.

Well, that is why very few of the powers I write are designed justto blow stuff up. I get tired of that constantly myself.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Ugh, I have been in too many D&D games where that seemed like all we did. I think the DM was a pyromaniac.
Steeler49er
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:I like how you made Two (and not just one) APS: powers. First you created Arsenal the Blades, both are variants but both hava differing taste to them.

There is a link on the main page to Nimmy's forums which he requires you to join in order to be allowed to post there. Once you have joined, you have to sign up on the wiki site and get a user page to link your powers to in addition to the category pages so we have an index of them by author and category.
All materials posted there must have been created by you or you have to have permission from someone else which you can have verified to post their stuff. Materials must be posted here or on Nimmy's site in order to ensure appropriateness and quality of material being presented. If there are any problems with anything you have posted or it needs to be fixed, we might ask you to fix it yourself or take it down and have you repost it depending on the severity of errors. Inappropriate material will be taken down and other will be action taken if problems persist, much as on these boards.
Okay, so like my confusion stems from me not being able to access the web site [NMI's]. I've been trying fer days and when I couldn't get there, I'd started to think I needed to go somewhere else.

Sorry to bother you but I think I need a new link to him.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yeah,I think that has been an ongoing problem. PM Nimmy and find out if you still need to register there, and if so, what the correct link is. I know he has been having problems with it.
Steeler49er
Hero

KK, thank you...
Night fer now
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Explosive Cocktail (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"With this one little bottle EVERYBODY gets wasted."

The superbeing can accelerate the molecules in alcohol, turning it into an explosive substance.
Range: Touch, with an effective blast radius of 10 feet
Duration: Alcohol remains accelerated for one melee round per level
Damage: 3d4 damage for a 12 fluid ounce bottle, plus 1d4 per level, plus 1 additional point per additional ounce in the bottle, to all targets within range. Can only affect his ME number of ounces of alcohol at one time, plus one additional ounce per level. Alcohol must be thrown or smashed against something to detonate and will not explode if simply poured on someone or if drank.
Attacks: Altering the alcohol uses one melee attack/action
Limitations: Does not affect those in alcohol form due to a superpower or alcohol created using magic.
Bonuses: +2 to strike when throwing a bottle, +2 to save vs.alcohol poisoning

Wow, it's been awhile since we had a strait damage only power here. I like it. It's a simple (yet creative) good old fashioned Pick me upper... Then get wasted and blow up kinda power. Plus This power actually fits into the lower powered world and gameplay of HU, it's perfect for some of the guys in Gramercy Island (The funbunch come to mind... I like them).
gmapprentice wrote:
Stop Self (Minor Power)
Have you ever been doing something and then, when someone yells "WAIT, STOP!!!", you can't stop and something bad happens? Well, with this power, you never have to worry about that again! This power allows a superbeing to freeze his muscles to prevent motion. This can be used once per melee, and takes two actions to perform, during which the character's muscles cannot be moved. This power can be used to add +10% to precision skills such as Demolitions, Demolitions Disposal and Medical skills, by stopping motions that would cause mistakes, OR to avoid being knocked down. Other Bonuses: +1 to P.P, +5/20% to maintain balance.
I like but, wouldn't this Also help you stablize your firing arm so that you can shoot heavy weapons w/o the kick back. Secondly the fluff text implies that this stops yoou cold in your tracks so as to help prevent you from making certain mistakes, but if it takes two actions to innitiate that would be roughly 6 seconds when One second is generally too long itself. Would you (This is just a question) ever consider making the time to active "Instant", and instead making the time to come out of the 'Frozen state of motion' take 2 attacks?

This way you can Really stop in your tracks but in return you pay for it by needing 2 whole attacks [6 sec] before you can move again. Really it's just a thought.

Another question is 'What is the most amount of weight/PS that you can resist before your muscle & bone gives/rips/breaks?"

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:Wow, it's been awhile since we had a strait damage only power here. I like it. It's a simple (yet creative) good old fashioned Pick me upper... Then get wasted and blow up kinda power. Plus This power actually fits into the lower powered world and gameplay of HU, it's perfect for some of the guys in Gramercy Island (The funbunch come to mind... I like them).

Yeah, perfect for the violent drunk with super powers. Sometimes you need purely damage powers depending on the concept of the character.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Am ready for a new round. see you tomorrow

Adjust universe, power spike, Gass cloud, reformat, Terra storm, Energy adjustment, and...I don't know...some sort of drain type power (i'm still a little hazy)

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:The concept originated in X-Men with the Mutant Registration Act but has been echoed in most every mutant and superhero comic out there. Kind of makes you wonder why anyone even comes out of the cape closet. :P

mmm...must think of closet-based powers, then....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”