NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by taalismn »

gmapprentice wrote:Mind Reader (Minor Power)

It is said that the eyes are the window to the soul (or something like that). This power allows the character to look through those windows and gain information about another person. This information includes: The person's Alignment, current emotional state (Angry, Sad, etc.), the name of the person who is most important to them (besides themself), and their recent thoughts.
Range: 20 Feet, must be able to see into the target's eyes.
Duration: A number of melee rounds equal to the character's ME multiplied by their Level of Experience. After one melee, the information listed above is known to the character. For each melee round after that, the character knows everything the target thought in the last 5 minutes, going another 5 minutes back per melee round (after a total 6 melee rounds, the character knows the basic information and what the target thought about in the last 25 minutes). NOTE: Use of this power requires great concentration, so when it is in use, only ONE other action is possible per melee.

"I REALLY didn't need to see that....I'm tempted to gouge out my own eyes after seeing that..."

I'd give it a flashy name like 'Mind Viewer' or 'Eyes of the Soul', or 'Interrogating Gaze'
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:good luck with that, man.

I'll have to check if anybody's done Teleport: Closets yet
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:what about a Minor version of Inhabitation (powers unlimited 3, i think)? also, for the flashy name, i tried and have so far failed.

Try, try, and try again...and if you fail? Well, so much for skydiving....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

taalismn wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:good luck with that, man.

I'll have to check if anybody's done Teleport: Closets yet

I did one called Teleport: Door to Door, but I am sure if you do one it will be significantly different.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Just have to define 'closet' as opposed to a regular 'room' as the first hurdle.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gmapprentice wrote:what about a Minor version of Inhabitation (powers unlimited 3, i think)? also, for the flashy name, i tried and have so far failed.

Mental Mapping is good as a minor power with little tweaking.

Mental Mapping (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, based on the ability from the Inhabitation major power by Carmen Bellaire and Kevin Siembieda

This unusual power allows the superbeing to use tactile energy to feel along every wall in a building to get a complete layout and floorplan, which will appear in the character's mind. As a result, he will know every hallway,closet, entrance, elevator, escalator, crawlway, window and stairwell. He can also sense where most likely there are access and control panels and sensory equipment, though he does not sense the equipment itself. He will also not sense any furnishings, furniture or people, nor any machinery.
Range: One entire building up to 100,000 cubic feet per level of experience (which may limit the character to one or a few floors in the largest of buildings.
Duration: The entire time while in the building, but fades once outside. Not usable unless surrounded by the building structure.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i feel like i read this before. is it somewhere else in here?

Mental Mapping is a minor ability from Inhabitation,so of course if you read it you would have seen something like this before. But unless I already created one like this before, not sure if anyone has posted anything like it. It is not a repeat posting of a power, if that is what you mean.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The main changes I made that are different from the minor ability from Inhabitation are a) noting that they would be cubic feet rather than square feet, technically, and b) taking away the ability to interact with the wiring and sensors, since that really is only added to mental mapping to allow the other ability of Inhabitation to be used and there is no other valid basis for it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:alright then. thanks for explaining.

I wanted to clarify that because those are the only reasons I rewrote it rather than say to just take that ability and use it as a minor. Since the second ability of Inhabitation is reliant upon Mental Mapping, it would not be possible without it. The most you could do with it is give the character that ability within a limited range and Line of Sight.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Wire Link (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The superbeing can tap into wiring and which control automated weapons, doorways and cameras. To do so, he must be touching a wall with the wiring in it. He will basically override any signals going to the electronic device. He can also use this to open electronic locks and make security cameras turn to not notice him.
Range: Can access wiring in walls regardless of how well embedded in the wall the wiring is, affecting electronic devices connected to the wiring at a rangeof 400 feet, plus 100 feet per level, line of sight.
Duration: Will continue to control the device as long as he is tapped into the wiring.
Damage: Industrial doors made to slam on someone will do 6d6 damage. Electronic weapons will do their normal damage plus 1d6 more damage at levels 4, 8 and 12
Attacks per melee: Each action made to control the electronic devices uses one melee attack/action, and connecting or disconnecting to the wiring system uses one melee attack/action
Limitations: Cannot control alien technology or devices. Can only tap into and control one item at a time even if other devices are connected to the same wiring. This does not allow him to use sensory equipment in place of or in addition to his own senses.
Bonuses: +2 to fire using an electronic weapon he is controlling, +1d6 per level damage to any electronic ray guns or similar weapons
Special Skills: Sense Electronic Wiring: The superbeing can sense where wiring is under walls to know where to tap into it at a base skill level of 30%, +5 % per level. Adds +10% to electronics skills.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

ok, check this one out, im kinda proud of it.....

Reboot (Major)

The body of this character has some sort of quantum memory that will completely restore it to a previous age and condition every 24 hours. This power usually kicks in when the character is in their late teens or early twenties and creates a sort of immortality as the body restores itself to that age at a predestined time every day. The age of the character and the time of day the reboot happens are all decided at the time of creation and can never be changed. This time can be anything from midnight to midday or anything in between, but happens everyday like clockwork weather the character wants it to or not.
When the reboot happens the characters body completely refreshes itself, all damage vanishes, and any sickness, poison, or physical impairments are completely gone! This means that short of death, anything done to the characters body within a 24 hour period will be as if it had never happened! If the character is killed, however, they will still be dead even after the reboot. Due to this being a physical refresh, the character retains any memories, insanities, or mental
impairments due to psychic attack (not brain damage) after a reboot takes place.
Disadvantages: The disadvantage of this ability is that anything the character may want to keep such as tattoos or piercings will all disappear or be expelled at the time of the reboot. Also the characters body may never age, but it cannot progress either. Any physical bonuses earned by this character after this power takes effect, weather its from physical skills, new powers, or bonuses due to experience offered from existing powers DO NOT APPLY. The nature of the reboot makes any lasting changes made to the physical body impossible. This also means that if the character was overweight, physically unhealthy, or even physically disabled at the time of the original reboot THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY FOREVER!
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

gmapprentice wrote:not bad. kinda like a weaker version of Immortality.

Thanks, but unlike immortality the character will never have to live with a missing limb, or physical imparement like a character with the immortal major power might
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Her0man0 wrote:ok, check this one out, im kinda proud of it.....

Reboot (Major)

The body of this character has some sort of quantum memory that will completely restore it to a previous age and condition every 24 hours. This power usually kicks in when the character is in their late teens or early twenties and creates a sort of immortality as the body restores itself to that age at a predestined time every day. The age of the character and the time of day the reboot happens are all decided at the time of creation and can never be changed. This time can be anything from midnight to midday or anything in between, but happens everyday like clockwork weather the character wants it to or not.
When the reboot happens the characters body completely refreshes itself, all damage vanishes, and any sickness, poison, or physical impairments are completely gone! This means that short of death, anything done to the characters body within a 24 hour period will be as if it had never happened! If the character is killed, however, they will still be dead even after the reboot. Due to this being a physical refresh, the character retains any memories, insanities, or mental
impairments due to psychic attack (not brain damage) after a reboot takes place.
Disadvantages: The disadvantage of this ability is that anything the character may want to keep such as tattoos or piercings will all disappear or be expelled at the time of the reboot. Also the characters body may never age, but it cannot progress either. Any physical bonuses earned by this character after this power takes effect, weather its from physical skills, new powers, or bonuses due to experience offered from existing powers DO NOT APPLY. The nature of the reboot makes any lasting changes made to the physical body impossible. This also means that if the character was overweight, physically unhealthy, or even physically disabled at the time of the original reboot THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY FOREVER!

That is kind of wicked in a way. I like it.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Problem is that the power exists already and Im pretty sure it was Iczer that created it. With the exception of the name being different, the power is nearly identical in every way. Since. I'm typing on an iPod I don't wish to find it right now, tommarrow when I can work on a laptop I will.

In the mean time I wanted to ask Iczer a question...

Hey Iczer, in your minor power "Evolver" does have the option to accept ALL of those changes, or are you limited to just one option per use?
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Steeler49er wrote:Problem is that the power exists already and Im pretty sure it was Iczer that created it. With the exception of the name being different, the power is nearly identical in every way. Since. I'm typing on an iPod I don't wish to find it right now, tommarrow when I can work on a laptop I will.

I think you are right. I am surprised SG didn't notice that. But then with hundreds of powers, it is possible he just spaced on it.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I must be slipping.
taalismn
Priest

Redundancy Power of Redundancy....(Minor)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

ive read about 70% of the powers that have been posted on this site as well as most of the ones in the black vault, while i havnt come across any like this one it supprises me that we dont have more duplicates being created.

if a power has been created thats identical to this one i would love to see it (out of curiosity more than anything else really) as this one came straight from my imagination and ive never seen anything like it before.

ill look for it, but Steeler if you could find it i would love to see it.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Like I had said eariler, I'm not sure about the power being the same and, when I get on a better computer and can check I will.
The power is NOT the same. I just could remember and it seems that I;m wrong.
Additionally there are [similar] Two powers... But no im actually incorrect as it was late at nigth and I was likely going a little crazy.
Sorry fer the mistake. Hallucinations will do that to yah I guess.
Born_Again

Shedding the Flesh

As to other powers that may be similar in Black Vault, it's kinda like the game "Boggle". I created for instance the power Bend Space and I find the exact power already made by Iczer. So far I have found almost No true duplicate powers there.

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Hey guys, i hope i didn’t come across offended, i really wasn’t, you know how it is, i just didn’t want anyone thinking i was plagiarizing other peoples work; i do appreciate being told about those other powers.

now i do see how both powers are a little like mine, especially Born Again, that one is cool and pretty similar, im just glad to see their not exactly alike.

And steeler, I hope there isn’t any hard feelings, I appreciate you giving me the links
taalismn
Priest

That's the way the system's supposed to work...also allows you to consider different approaches to a common theme...Will, for instance, DarkCloak's ShadowSculpting(i.e., the ability to form weapons out of shadows) fare against Dame Darkness's Manipulate Shadows(she's able to move shadows at will)?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Steeler49er
Hero

Her0man0 wrote:Hey guys, i hope i didn’t come across offended, i really wasn’t, you know how it is, i just didn’t want anyone thinking i was plagiarizing other peoples work; i do appreciate being told about those other powers.

now i do see how both powers are a little like mine, especially Born Again, that one is cool and pretty similar, im just glad to see their not exactly alike.

And steeler, I hope there isn’t any hard feelings, I appreciate you giving me the links
??Hard feelings ???
I thought you'd take it that I was calling foul and get angry at Me, not the other way around, I was Never angry nor did I assume that any plagiarizing had happened since (as I'd said) I too have made powers identical to Iczers on Many occassions... Stuff likke that happens from time to time. I just thought that great minds think Allot alike was all and that it was a major Q-Winky-Dink.

The mistake was all on me. Clearly after looking at it I realized that I'd stayed up to late last nite and started imagening that the two powers were more alike than they really were. Your power is clearly differant now that I've had some sleep i can see that.

I'm really very sorry fer the mix up

Ma bad :oops:

On another note, Gargoyle, NMI PMed me back and said that his site is down... What should I do about posting powers over at Black Vault?
Thank you fer your timely responces. Later fer now.

Steeler49er
Hero

Spoiler:
Steeler49er wrote: a few years back someone here wrote out an AWESOME "Cosmic" class power, it got boo'd away but frankly... I loved it!!!
It was a Very creative power for that class as generally when someone makes "Cosmic Class" or Mega power, they tend to be rather strait shooters and bland (See Aberrant level 5 & 6 powers for example). But THIS power was creative. In it Cosmic supers turn into some kind of energy being able to pull apart Reality into themselves to gain strength! Matter turns mercurial in nature and glowing pearlesque' as it flows towards the super!

If ANYONE (Iczer, Stone, Taliismn, Senior C... Anyone.)can remember the Artist who posted that, or the name of that power... I'd Love to see that power again, it was beautiful.
It's been flying around in my head fer years now!

On another note, does anyone remember this power yet↑?

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:That's the way the system's supposed to work...also allows you to consider different approaches to a common theme...Will, for instance, DarkCloak's ShadowSculpting(i.e., the ability to form weapons out of shadows) fare against Dame Darkness's Manipulate Shadows(she's able to move shadows at will)?

It's called diversity. You can have two characters with the same powers but the expression of the power and the mechanics may be completely different. At least with this many created powers, you don't have a dozen characters in the game running around with the same powers.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

And for even more diversity, here are some ideas that just won't stay down:

Minor:
Drum Smoke
"Where’s that beat coming from?"
The character can generate a cloud of smoke around himself at will, which is then accompanied by the sound of disorienting drums. The creator of the cloud can see perfectly in his creation and does not suffer the penalties the cloud inflicts on others.

Major:

Body Orbs
" Let’s have a ball”
This power allows the user to transform their body parts into orbs. These orbs can be launched with the force of cannonballs.

Alter Physical Structure: Paper
“No, I’m not a fan of Origami.”
The user of this power can transform his body into a man folded from paper. This allows for him to become completely 2D, form his limbs into weapons, and turn into a variety of objects, from paper airplanes to paper boats.

Sitcom Shift
"We now return to Jane + Bone Eater"
This power sends your opponent into an alternate dimension where they are trapped in an endless sitcom of your design.

Jack-O-Lantern
"For me, everyday is Halloween."
The user can control the supernatural properties of pumpkins. Powers include growing vines to ensnare, generating exploding pumpkins, even become the avatar of the Pumpkin King, the ruler of Halloween.

Rolling Steel: The user is able to create a huge metal spiked sphere that they can command to roll and crush.

Arctic Breath: The user is able to exhale super-cold breath, capable of flash freezing opponents or launching icicles at them.
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

gmapprentice wrote:needs more detail.... i'll do Drum Smoke and/or Body Orbs if you want.

Go for it :)
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

APS: Paper and Origami powers have been done in the past, I think in the earliest days of the thread, though I have no idea what became of APS: Paper, since many people chose to delete materials due to a copyright issue which I shall not rehash since it has taken up too much board space discussing it in the past. Let's just say they got mad and took their stuff down. In any case, I think the Origami power is still up.

Drum Smoke and Sitcom shift seem more like spells than powers, so not interested in doing those.

Plant Control already does what Jack O'Lantern would, so see no point in writing a redundant power.

Rolling Steel and Arctic Breath you suggested before and I didn't care to do them.

APS: Ball Bearings and APS: Pebbles are kind of like Body Orbs but it might be unique enough to be its own power if done right.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

I think i can do the jack-o-lantern one and make it different than plant control or aps plant, at least id like to try.

though i dont know about that king of holloween thing, sounds like mystically bestowed or something, maybe some more detail....
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:Body Orbs (Major Power)
"I'm really on a roll today."

The character can reconstruct his limbs into detachable orbs for offensive and (limited) defensive purposes. There are 4 options with this power, Half Arm, Full Arm, Half Leg and Full Leg. Up to 3 Full Limbs or 4 Half Limbs can be transformed into orbs at one time. Duration: Up to One Minute per Level of Experience. Can be cancelled at will. AR of Orbs: Natural AR of 16. SDC of Limbs: 5% of the character's Max SDC per each Half Limb, 10% of the character's Max SDC per each Full Limb. The SDC is transferred from the character to the Orbs. With this power, the character can avoid SDC loss temporarily. Flung Limbs: Each Half Limb can be hurled 200 Feet at 90 Miles Per Hour, and if it hits something, the target takes 4D6 Damage, at +2 Strike. Each Full Arm can be hurled 300 Feet at 90 Miles Per Hour and inflicts 5D6 Damage, at +3 Strike. Each Full Leg can be kicked 400 Feet at 120 Miles Per Hour and inflicts 6D6 Damage, at +2 Strike. Note 1: Each half of an arm missing reduces skills requiring hands by 10%, and if both arms are gone, the skills are impossible. Also, reduce PS by 3 (or by 25%, whichever is less) for each half of an arm missing. Note 2: For each half of a leg missing, reduce Speed (including Superspeeds, except Flight) by 25%, and skills requiring legs are at -10% for each half a leg missing, and are impossible if both legs are gone. Note 3: If the duration ends, the power is cancelled or the limb is destroyed, it reappears on the character's body, though if all the SDC was depleted it'll be in bad shape.

This leaves me with many questions. Once kicked, do the limbs return to the hero or roll around? Does the main body armor up or just the limbs? Is the armor on the limb orbs even when he is not throwing them? Is this an APS power or just where the limbs transform only when he is throwing them off? If they transform, does it appear to be the arms contorting, and if so, should it not have a horror factor for those watching?
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice, you need to break up the abilities into sections so it is readable. It comes across very poorly when you write in one ongoing paragraph with no separations. If I was grading you in a class you would get a fail just for that. It does not matter how good the power is, if you have poor presentation then noone will want to read it. I am not trying to sound harsh, but it hurt my eyes trying to read that.
Steeler49er
Hero

Ouch... :shock:
You remind me of a teacher I once had.

But she's right about the break up thinggy...
Some use numbers like

1)
2)
3)

Others use the Bolding of Text like:
Range:
Duration:
Effect:

Some use bullet point:

And I use MuLti-CoLored Smilely faces:

But If I were you I'd go with the Lucky Charms look:

:-D
;)
:P

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________RATTZ
"Cuz I'm an Anarchist and that's how I roll!"

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Steeler49er wrote:Ouch... :shock:
You remind me of a teacher I once had.

I did a few years of teaching grade school. :)
Steeler49er
Hero

That was you?!?

'Steeler49er Runs and Hides under his desk!'

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________RATTZ
'Cuz I'm an Anarchist and that's how I run and Hide!"

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

:eek: Not unless you're only 12 years old.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:That was you?!?

'Steeler49er Runs and Hides under his desk!'

Dude, she's only 29- sheesh!
Steeler49er
Hero

Serves me right fer messing with Iczers waky time machies :P

So Stone, NMI says his site is down fer the count, how do we sign up fer Black Vault?
Thank you fer yer patience In all my many odd questions.
Steeler49er

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Steeler49er wrote:Serves me right fer messing with Iczers waky time machies :P

So Stone, NMI says his site is down fer the count, how do we sign up fer Black Vault?
Steeler49er

Can't you us ask Nimmy's permission? I would think that if it is down, he should let you sign up directly at the wiki. Even if he usually requires you sign up at his site first, he should allow exceptions to the rule. I would think that since it is his requirement, he has to give the go-ahead, though, so Stone Gargoyle probably can't give you permission himself. I know SG has to check with him first before doing some things over there.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

TrumbachD wrote:

Steeler49er

Yeah, i'd like to be able to read all the powers and psionics, but some of them i get a message saying I need to sign up, I signed up for what I thought was the right site (the Megaverse site with a comic book style background) but i still cant get get at that material.
is this because of the site issue you mention or did I just do something wrong?

The NMI's site and the Wiki have seperate registration, I think. Gryphon girl is correct in saying that I will have to check with Nimmyto see if it is okay for y'all to sign up on the wiki and register at his site later.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I posted the question in the thread we have here for just such questions, so hopefully you will hear an answer soon.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:good morning/afternoon, everyone. i have edited my Body Orbs power, and i think i took care of all the problems that sg and gc had with it, but i'm not sure. sorry i didn't write it very well... as you know i'm still new at this. :-( if anything else needs corrections, please tell me.

Only a couple things: How long can they remain detached before he has to reattach them and how does the reattachment take place? You say the move at a given speed but not if he can attack with them while they are rolling and the relevant damage, since a limb moving at a speed of 5 will do a lot less damage than when it is hurled at 120mph.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:the limbs remain detatched until the duration ends, the power is cancelled or they lose their sdc... as for the issue of speed i'm a bit confused at this time. i'll fix it soon. i hope.

Just say anything they hit while rolling takes 1d6. My question is, if they lose all S.D.C., are the character's arms damaged in the process? How fast does S.D.C. recover,and if so, is it the arms having to regenerate? They could recover 4d6 every ten minutes like A.P.S. powers do.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:yes the character's limbs are damaged if the orbs are. i'll put that in, as well as the rolling damage, and i'll do something about the sdc recovery thing. also it's technically not an APS power...

If the limbs transform like they do, it acts like Bio-Armor, which also gets the 4d6 per 10 minutes regeneration, the same as an A.P.S. power. If it alters the structure of the limb when it transforms, it acts like an A.P.S. power, whether you see it that way or not. That is pretty much a standard rate in the game.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:....fine.

Why is it SO hard for you to just accept help from others? Is it REALLY so important who comes up with the details as long as the power works when you are done?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

HEY HEY HEY.......

My time machines are sold off the lot only after a 12 point safety check and comes with a warranty for 18 months from time of purchase. I personally guarentee that any fault was strictly user error and I'm not responsible for any continuity shifts, grandfather paradoxes or back-to-the-future-esque divergent timelines.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:look, i'm sorry but i'm having a bad day and don't have the patience for this right now. also i don't even know how to fix the problem you still have with it, sg. heck, you could take it and do twice as good as me if you wanted to. go ahead if you want, i flat-out can't care right now.

see you tomorrow if i decide to show up.
i AM sorry for being so mad, whether you believe it or not.

I am sorry, I just am getting sick of the attitude. The power was unclear as to the mechanics, and you were given good suggestions on how to solve it by Gryphon Chick, and all you seem to want to do is argue more about it and be insulting. I am not trying to take every power you write and redo it;that is too much work and I am busy enough.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:

HEY HEY HEY.......

My time machines are sold off the lot only after a 12 point safety check and comes with a warranty for 18 months from time of purchase. I personally guarentee that any fault was strictly user error and I'm not responsible for any continuity shifts, grandfather paradoxes or back-to-the-future-esque divergent timelines.

Batts

What! I'm my own grandpa?
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Expanding field [Major]
'Move back people...I said MOVE BACK"

The character can project a force field over himself that quickly expands outwards to create a dome, slamming people backwards and shoving things aside.
1) Force field: originally a skin tight force field, the character can maintain it as suh for as long as he can concentrate to maintain it (one action per melee round). The skin tight version otherwise does not inhibit movement, and has an AR of 9 (natural: attacks under this do no damage to the force field) and an SDC equal to the character's ME+PE x2 +5 per level.
2) rapid expansion: The character is able to expand this field rapidly and with force. As an action , and while the skin tight version is active, the force field expands outward making a dome with a radius of 30 feet (Plus 5 feet per level). The rapid expansion of the dome inflicts 6D6 on each and every target, and pushes them out to it's outer radius. Targets that weight more than 600 pounds take the requisite damage but are instead staggered 2D6 feet away from the field's centre. This may leave them inside the field. targets over 1000lbs take the damage but are otherwise unharmed (and will be within the field) though immobile unfixed objects may be slid or knocked over even if they exceed this weight (GMFiat. an automobile may be slid away if it is in neutral, and supermarket shelving would be knocked over.) targets that are moved in any way have a 60% chance of being knocked prone (lose one action). The character may maintain the field (se #3 below) or may immeadiately cancel the field, or may expend another action bringing it back to skin tight
3) Enlarged field: when expanded, the force field has triple normal SDC and an AR of 12. It is transperant but visible as a distortion in air. The character requires 4 melee actions to maintain the field (But the action to turn on the field and expand it count towards this number) It can be maintained for a number of minutes equal to the user's ME plus PE Plus another 5 minutes per level. Lost SDC recovers only when the field is skin tight or absent, and recovers at a flat rate of 1 per minute.
4) partial expansion: The character can simply create a single bolt of force, by expanding a small portion of his field. this inflicts 4D6 out to 60 feet, wth a +5 to strike. opponents stuck by this must make a check vs sense of balance or be knocked down (lose one action). While the skin tight field is active, the character can expand the field in a 90 degree or 45 degree arc, allowing him to be a little selective as to limit striking non essential targets.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Iczer wrote:

HEY HEY HEY.......

Batts

What! I'm my own grandpa?

Yep. Sorry. Fine print thing.

Let's not get lawyers involved OK. I could leak next week's Horse racing results if you like. 73% chance of the event coming to pass before Temporal police get wind and shut the whole operation down.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Expanding Field is AWESOME!!!
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Yea, that expanding field is way cool!!!

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”