NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

gmapprentice wrote:check through the kookoo powers, sg.. i think you have a bit of editing to do. for example, in the minor power it says "the bird can fly 600 feet from the character, plus 100 feet, " ... i think you left a word out there or something... nice powers though.

It was supposed to read "100 feet per level". Thanks for catching that. It has been edited.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Clock Face (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Do you have the time?"

The character has a surreal looking clock in the place of his face.

1. Clock Face: The character's face becomes a surreal clock face which is set by the Heightened Sense of Time ability. The character is thus impossible to recognize, and all distinguishing marks such as tattoos, fingerprints and footprints disappear.
Range: Self only.
Duration: Willed into effect, so even if rendered unconscious the her remains in this form.
Damage: Can head butt an opponent for 2d4 damage.
Bonuses: +10 SDC

2. Heightened Sense of Time: Basically the same as the minor superability. The character is aware of the passage of time to within 1d4 seconds of set standard time. The character is never late and can time attacks with amazing accuracy. This automatically sets the hands of the clock face.
Bonuses: +1 to disarm and dodge, +1 to pull punch and roll with inpact.

3. Clock Hands: The character can use the hands of his face clock to bite opponents for 2d6 damage, with +2 to strike using them (no other bonuses applicable).
Range: 4 inches.
Damage: 2d6
Duration: Instant
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to strike with Clock Hands.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Somebody has clocks on the brain- LITERALLY! Good job with those. I particulaly like Clock Face since it seems useable by both genders. Kookoo, not so much.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

an ability that's been rattling around in my head for a few days.

Velociraptor Talons (Minor)
"SHOES! SHOES! I HATE BUYING SHOES!"
something of a companion power to Claws, this ability allows a character to alter his lower legs into a clawed form resembling those of the ancient Velociraptor. due to their location, they are no more accurate in combat than a normal kicking attack, but they do offer a distinct advantage to footspeed, leaping and climbing ability.
duration: called into being and dismissed at the will of the character.
damage: 3d6 damage, plus any other applicable bonuses.
other bonuses:
doubles the character's spd score.
adds an additional 12 feet to the character's leaping ability
+15% to climbing ability, and the character can run on walls for short distances(up to 12 feet up or across) by digging his claws into the surface as he goes.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Gryphon Chick wrote:I particulaly like Clock Face since it seems useable by both genders.
??? Eh???
All of my powers are usable by both genders as well as the Politically correct "Other genders"...
Hence why I refer to powers appling to ambiguous gender definitions (Unlike White Wolfs Male, or Other RPG's Female referance-phobic natures). That's why you see me use; super, It, them, they, we The Being, The individual, etc... Instead of Him, Her He, she, his, hers.
I do this because I hate seeing books where everyones either Male or just Female-(White Wolf I'm looking at you yah Misandristic jerks).
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:
Gryphon Chick wrote:I particulaly like Clock Face since it seems useable by both genders.
??? Eh???
All of my powers are usable by both genders as well as the Politically correct "Other genders"...
Hence why I refer to powers appling to ambiguous gender definitions (Unlike White Wolfs Male, or Other RPG's Female referance-phobic natures). That's why you see me use; super, It, them, they, we The Being, The individual, etc... Instead of Him, Her He, she, his, hers.
I do this because I hate seeing books where everyones either Male or just Female.

I think she is saying she can't see a female with the Kookoo power, though there is no reason why a female could not have it.
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Balancing Field [Major]
-Incriptus
"All things in balance"
This power allows the super being to create a field around himself and other objects that is able to redistribute the force upon them.

1. Protective Field
By placing a balancing field around his body the character is able to spread the kinetic force of attacks across his entire body. This allows the hero a great deal of protection against small fast moving objects.
Range: Self
Damage: None: The character takes 1/10 damage against small fast moving projectiles and blades (example: bullets, arrows, knives, ect). 1/2 damage against larger objects that still only damage a small part of the body (example: Fists, Swords, Clubs). Takes full damage from impacts that would strike the majority of the body (Falls, Car Crashes, Explosions)
Duration: 1 Melee per level
Attacks per Melee: One.
Note: Takes full damage from energy attacks, such as fire or electricity.

2. Lifting Field
By placing the field around another object the character is able to lift and carry objects whose size and shape would otherwise make it impossible, or would collapse under its own weight. For example a super strong character could lift a car by the rear bumper without fear of the bumper coming off.
Range: Touch.
Duration: One minute per level of experience.
Attacks per Melee: One
Note: Their are additional advantages of placing a balancing field around a weapon. It allows for large modern weapons to be fired one handed, without penalty. If placed around a melee weapon it grants a +1 to strike, +2 to parry, and +4 to damage due to the superior balance.

3. Hightened sense of balance
Equal to the minor power of Hightened sense of balance (PU1) with all bonuses applicable.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

i have an idea for a major power, but no idea what to call it, so i'm just calling out for a little help before writing it up.
the ability would be to create a pair of cuff/gauntlet structures around the character's forearms that, while weightless to the character, are actually hyper-dense and several thousand pounds. they would, at their most basic, allow the character to put out levels of force consistant with their actual weight.
some words that keep coming to mind are hammer, anvil, gravity, and core, but i can't seem to come up with any combinations that i like as a title for the power.

is it at all sad that i need a name so badly that i can't finish the power otherwise? :p
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

znbrtn wrote:i have an idea for a major power, but no idea what to call it, so i'm just calling out for a little help before writing it up.
the ability would be to create a pair of cuff/gauntlet structures around the character's forearms that, while weightless to the character, are actually hyper-dense and several thousand pounds. they would, at their most basic, allow the character to put out levels of force consistant with their actual weight.
some words that keep coming to mind are hammer, anvil, gravity, and core, but i can't seem to come up with any combinations that i like as a title for the power.

is it at all sad that i need a name so badly that i can't finish the power otherwise? :p

Make it simple, it's what SG1 and Iczer do and it's why they can so easily pump-out powers:
Try:
Gravitic (Gravity) Gauntlet!
Crux Gloves
Delphic Hammer
Or just plain Gauntlet

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Personally, I like "Gravity Hammer."

Tackle Box (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Get in there!"

The character can generate what amounts to a force field cube to capture opponents when grabbing them. The energy field can be enacted upon a successful body block/tackle.
Range: Touch; the box is 3X3X3 feet in size
Duration: Concentration, until he lets go or deactivates the box.
Attacks: The character uses two melee attacks/actions to create the box and one attack/action to maintain it.
SDC: The box has a Natural AR of 16, meaning a roll higher than 16 is needed to damage it, and has an SDC equal to the character's ME attribute number per side, plus 1 SDC point per level per side. The box has an effective PS equal to the character's ME attribute and is considered Superhuman for pushing/pulling held captives into the box.
Limitations: The character must be touching the box for it to remain active, making him either have to carry it in battle or stay where he created it, and giving him a -4 penalty to all combat moves.
Bonuses: Automatically gets the Wrestling skill as part of this power.

Chained Gauntlets (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can transform his forearms into solid metal staves, with the bone becoming metal chain which allows the arm to be extended along it, with the anchoring end hooked to a metal base at the elbow. This basically turns the character's arms into chain weapons.
Range: Chain extends the character's reach three feet, plus one foot per level.
Duration: Until transformed back; uses no actions to maintain.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to transform the limbs. Arms may be transformed individually or simultaneously.
Damage: Adds +1d6 to punch damage and strikes as a whip/chain weapon.
Bonuses: +3 to strike with the arms, plus any applicable PP bonuses and bonuses from WP Chain, which the character gets automatically with this power.
SDC: The arms gain +2d4X10 SDC each and recover damage at a rate of 4d6 per 10 minutes. If the weapon arms are destroyed (all SDC is depleted), the character's arms simply return to normal (no damage from the transformed arms transfers), but it will take 1d4 hours for the arms to be able to transform again.
Note: The hands still work as normal when transformed and so can allow the character to use the weapon arms to grab items at a distance, or to grab ledges, etc. Transforming the limbs while grabbing a ledge will automatically pull the character up. PS is considered Extraordinary for the purpose of dragging heavy items with the limbs, though lifting with the arms in this state is impossible.

Chained Gauntlets (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Weapon Arms:The character can transform his forearms into solid metal staves, with the bone becoming metal chain which allows the arm to be extended along it, with the anchoring end hooked to a metal base at the elbow. This basically turns the character's arms into chain weapons.
Range: Chain extends the character's reach three feet, plus one foot per level.
Duration: Until transformed back; uses no actions to maintain.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to transform the limbs. Arms may be transformed individually or simultaneously.
Damage: Adds +1d6 to punch damage and strikes as a whip/chain weapon.
Bonuses: +3 to strike with the arms, plus any applicable PP bonuses and bonuses from WP Chain, which the character gets automatically with this power.
SDC: The arms gain +2d4X10 SDC each and recover damage at a rate of 4d6 per 10 minutes. If the weapon arms are destroyed (all SDC is depleted), the character's arms simply return to normal (no damage from the transformed arms transfers), but it will take 1d4 hours for the arms to be able to transform again.
Note: The hands still work as normal when transformed and so can allow the character to use the weapon arms to grab items at a distance, or to grab ledges, etc. Transforming the limbs while grabbing a ledge will automatically pull the character up. PS is considered Extraordinary for the purpose of dragging heavy items with the limbs, though lifting with the arms in this state is impossible.

2. Indestructible Bones: Same as the minor superability (PU1, page 33)

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d6 PS
+2 to save vs. Horror Factor
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

how does this tickle your fancy?

Gravity Hammer (major)
"ball up the fist, reach way back, and assert yourself."
this unusual ability allows a character to create a pair of gauntlet-like structures around his forearms and hands that are composed of a hyperdense, but selectively weightless material. this unusual effect makes them as easy to maneuver as the character's own fists, but as damaging as, well, a ton of bricks.
duration: gravity hammers can be called into being at will, one at a time, or in a pair, at the cost of one action per 100 lbs of weight, and last until they are dismissed by the character.
damage: this is modified greatly by how much mass the character channels into each one; for every 100 lbs, 2d6 +12 is added to the damage total. at 500 lbs, this would mean one hammer could inflict an impressive 1D6x10+60 sdc damage.
weight: the character is capable of channeling up to 500 lbs into each gauntlet at levels 1,3,6,9,12, and 15.
SDC of gauntlets: 1 SDC for each pound, but at 300 lbs or above, only disintigration effects(Disintigration, Power Touch, etc.), supernaturally strong opponents, or magic weapons are capable of damaging the hyperdense structure.
leaping ability: by thrusting both fists skyward, the character is able to hitch a ride on his own hammers, creating a somewhat clumsy leaping effect. this costs 2 actions and throws the character 10 feet high and 30 feet far for each 250 lbs of weight in his hammers.

penalties:
though gravity hammers are very potent offensively, they are next to useless in ordinary life, because they are bulky and envelop the entirety of the character's hands. because of this, the character is -15% to any skill requiring manual dexterity when one hammer is active, and is completely incapable of such skills when both hammers are active.

other bonuses:
+2 to strike, parry and disarm with gravity hammers.
because of the gravity effects of this ability, the character is immune to the gravity powers of others.
+50 SDC
Last edited by znbrtn on Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:07 am, edited 3 times in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Wow, that is a HUGE amount of damage. :eek:
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Wow, that is a HUGE amount of damage. :eek:

true. that's exactly what it's meant for, though.
and, of course, the process of bulking up the hammers to maximum only gets longer as the levels go by.
also, while its eventual potential is greater, it is still no worse than the damage output of powers like rocket charge and self-explosion.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Munchkin Slappin GM wrote::eek: this thread is getting near 100 pages, impressive.

hehe, yeah. i've been with it off and on since it was first created, and i could swear it was much longer before; i guess going from 15 posts per page to 50 would cut down the number of pages a bit.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:

and, of course, the process of bulking up the hammers to maximum only gets longer as the levels go by.
also, while its eventual potential is greater, it is still no worse than the damage output of powers like rocket charge and self-explosion.

I know, it's just really impressive. :D I like it.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
znbrtn wrote:

I know, it's just really impressive. :D I like it.

in the end, that's exactly what i'm going for. it should be impressive, just as any similarly focused major power should be.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:Superhuman Leaping (Major Power)

The character's leg muscles can store and release incredible amounts of energy for jumping great distances. Duration: Typically takes less than one melee to complete a leap, details below.
Leaping Distance: 1000 feet vertically and 2000 feet horizontally. Double these distances at levels 5, 10 and 15, and double them again with a running start!!!!!! Minimum 1 melee for a running start bonus. Additionally, the character can fall 10,000 feet without taking any damage. It takes 1 action to leap 1000 feet, due to the time it takes to get to the destination.
Leaping Dodge: The character can leap out of harm's way, minimum 100 feet, maximum 1000 feet as a dodge. Takes one action and counts as a bonus of +2 to dodge. Can be used once per melee.
Other Bonuses: +3D4 Speed, +2D6 Kicking damage, +1 PP and +20 SDC.

Dude, it would take you longer than that to jump that far, probably using up all actions for the melee round. The odds of you hitting something and injuring yourself would be high. I have no problem with the distances, but get real. The fall is not what would kill him in a fall from 10,000 feet, it would be the lack of oxygen reaching the lungs due to the speed of the fall, the cold air of the high altitude, and objects he hits. Surviving the fall presumes he lands on his feet, so you would have to give him a bonus to roll to try and get to where he lands on his feet. I would add some sort of protection when leaping or he is gonna go splat.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:I think i fixed the power... but probably not. see anything that needs adjusting? :?

i REALLY need to figure out how to do this right.

It's looking a lot better. :-D
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

It still reads a bit choppy, but not bad.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Strength of the Titans (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Here, let me lift that."

The character can lift phenomenal weight when standing on earth that has not been covered by concrete or other artificial or man-made substances. In addition, he can lift objects made of earth of even greater weight.

1. Superhuman Strength: Same as the minor superability (HU2 main book, page 236).

2. Unearthly Lifting: The character has increased lifting ability with regard to lifting natural earth.
*When standing on open soil or natural rock, the character's strength is multiplied X50 for the purpose of lifting and carrying.
*If lifting objects made of stone or natural rock (including types of clay, marble, and slate), it is multiplied X100! Since this only applies to objects made of earth and rock, it will not function if anything non-mineral is touching the rock being lifted. It will also not lift anything made of processed metal ore, such as steel or gold bricks. Items lifted must be in their natural form for this power to take effect.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2d4 PE
+1d4X10 SDC
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

Dude Znbrtn those Gravity Hammers are bad a$%!!! I will be making a character with those!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gas Mask (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character creates environmental protection equipment which forms around his face and body and provides the following abilities.

1. Immune to Airborne Gases, Poisons and Toxins: The character is totally unaffected by airborne gases and toxins, including viruses and bacteria, and can go without air for his PE number in minutes, plus one minute per level.

2. Mask: The character's face transforms into the appearance of a gas mask, and his skin takes on the texture and qualities of latex. He therefore will not leave any fingerprints or footprints.
Range: Self
Duration: Willed into effect and willed away, so even if the character is rendered unconscious, his features and prints remain altered.
Bonuses:
Head butt does 2d4 damage
Natural AR: 10
Horror Factor: 8
Polarized Vision: The character cannot be blinded even if looking into a bright light like the Sun.
+10 SDC

3. Smog Attack: The character can release a cloud of toxic gas around himself to choke and blind opponents.
Range: 30 feet, plus 3 feet per level, radius
Duration: Concentration
Damage: 1d4 per minute unless a save vs. poison gas is made (14 or better, PE bonus applies).
Penalties to Opponents:
*Obscured Vision: -2 to initiative, -4 to strike, -3 to parry and dodge when trying to look through the gas, and -15% to perform any skill requiring good visibility while in the gas cloud
*Choking: Opponents will have their eyes water and burn and find it difficult to breathe. This shortness of breath and coughing imposes the following penalties: -2 attacks per melee round, an additional -10% to skill performance and -10% to Spd.

4. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+4 to save vs.poison and disease
+2 to save vs. Horror Factor
+2d4 PE
+20% to save vs. coma/death
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:one question. does the AR apply to the entire body or just the face/head?

It applies to the whole body.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Her0man0 wrote:Dude Znbrtn those Gravity Hammers are bad a$%!!! I will be making a character with those!

thanks much. :D
also, i added a penalties section to the power. figured i should make it clear that they make your arms into massive, somewhat useless hunks of material when they're in use.

edit: oh yeah, i'm digging your gas mask power, SG. :D
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

I think Gas Mask is a good example of how you can have a power with lots of bonuses that is simple, effective, and not too overpowered. Nicely done, SG.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

It was inspired by a Dr.Who episode where the people have a strange disease where their faces transform into gas masks. I just realized no one has ever done a power like this. It seemed like a pretty obvious one.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I hope to have more soon, including APS Gun Powder.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gmapprentice wrote:Superhuman Leaping (Major Power)

The character's leg muscles can store and release incredible amounts of energy for jumping great distances. Duration: Typically one melee to complete a leap, details below. ).

"It's just a hop, a skip, and aHELLO, American Airways Flight 507!!!! WATCH WHERE YOU'RE GOING!!!!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Personally, I like "Gravity Hammer."

You beat me to this....but it looks just great :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Personally, I like "Gravity Hammer."

You beat me to this....but it looks just great :D

You could still always write up a variant way of the power operating. Just a thought.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

now add 'mega damage'

batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:

now add 'mega damage'

batts

Point taken, though I think that subject has been pretty well dropped at this point. If I knew it would be a subject of contention for the next month, I would have never written the silly thing.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Iczer wrote:

now add 'mega damage'

batts

Point taken, though I think that subject has been pretty well dropped at this point. If I knew it would be a subject of contention for the next month, I would have never written the silly thing.

My apologies, it was rather petty of me. and It broke my cardinal rule as well ('Thou shalt post something pertinent')

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Iczer wrote:

now add 'mega damage'

batts

My apologies, it was rather petty of me. and It broke my cardinal rule as well ('Thou shalt post something pertinent')

Batts

It is just that the arguement over the whole thing seemed to continue on after I made suggestions on how to resolve abuse issues, so much so that I lost any interest in modifying the power to put limiters on it since no one seemed to be listening to my suggestions on how to limit it.
Steeler49er
Hero

Aww Bosh and flimshaw!!! It's the GM's job to add limits to powers. Mega Damage is a fine power as is. I don't generally play Tanks but I'm sure any players that do would luv it. Besides, I've been able to create Much More Powerful abilities with what the books already offer.

On another note sorry that I've not put up the powers yet, I'm still waiting fer a REAL computer to do that with, maybe I'll get to do that Sometime this week.

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Enough arguing between the conservatives and the extremists. You boys play nice, you hear? ;)
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:you're not the boss of any of us, as far as i know, but i'll "play nice".

on another subject, let's hear it for reaching 100 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :-) :mrgreen: :lol: :P :)

Break out the champagne and bazookas.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

taalismn wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:you're not the boss of any of us, as far as i know, but i'll "play nice".

on another subject, let's hear it for reaching 100 pages!!!!!!!!!!!!
:) :-) :mrgreen: :lol: :P :)

Break out the champagne and bazookas.

I prefer broadswords and sake myself. ;)
taalismn
Priest

gmapprentice wrote:i can't have drinks like that, but i have a half pound of chocolate.

Hand over the chocolate and I won't hit you with a bazooka...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

*Slices off a large chunk of chocolate with her broadsword.*

Chocolate is chocolate. It may not be what I was looking for, but it will do...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Can we please stay on topic and limit posts to powers, please?
taalismn
Priest

With all the talk of chocolate...

Explosive Acne(Minor)

"Okay..I don't think Clearasil's going to help that any...."

Range: Self or others by touch
Effects: Causes the skin to become oily and break out in big ugly blackheads, reducing P.B. by HALF. Anybody touching or hitting, without protection (like gloves, thick clothing, or body armor) the acne-ridden will take 4d6 SDC on contact as the blackheads explode with a harsh electrical 'ZZZIIITTTT', and must save versus disease(14 or better) or be afflicted with (non-explosive) severe acne(reduce P.B. by half and lasts 30 minutes per level of experience).
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience
Save: Save vs Disease(14 or better) if not voluntary, no save if voluntary
(Optional): Increase damage from blackhead contact to 5d6 SDC for characters ages 10-17(9-14 for girls to be more accurate); younger characters are more likely to suffer from severe acne than older people.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

Forged Gauntlets

The character is able to form molten organic steel gauntlets around the hands and forearms. Due to the molten properties of the gauntlets a variety of weapons can be created from them which include swords, spikes, and claws. The extreme heat of the weapons makes for increased damage and higher A.R. penetration.

1. Gauntlet Properties

With a thought the character is able to envelope both forearms in a form of molten
organic steel. These gauntlets cover the hands and forearms up to the elbow and glow red, orange, white, or blue with the molten heat. Due to the liquid nature of the organic metal the actual gauntlets can take any shape the character desires, from large and riveted to slick and seamless, this also allows the creation of various superheated weapons. While the gauntlets do cover the hands and forearms, the liquid nature provides a low A.R. and S.D.C. This means that ALL attacks parried with these gauntlets have to roll against the A.R. to see if damage is done to them weather or not they were specifically trying to do damage to the gauntlets! Luckily the molten nature means they regenerate damage rather quickly.

Physical Properties: The gauntlets have an A.R. of 10 +1 at levels 3, 5, 8, 10, & 12, and an S.D.C. of 60 + 2D6 per level each. The gauntlets regenerate damage at a rate of 1D6 S.D.C. per min and are impervious to fire and heat at any intensity.
Range: Self; or can extend blades up to 3ft long starting just below the elbow.
Damage: The gauntlets do 1D6 burn damage to the touch and add 3D6 damage to normal HtoH punching damage (1D6 of which is heat damage) and treats any A.R. as if it were one point lower. Knuckle spikes add an additional 1D6 damage per spike (max 4), claws do 1D6 +2 per finger (the +2 is for the added heat) and treats the A.R. as if it were 2 points lower, forearm blades (max 3) do 5D6 damage (1D6 of which is heat damage) and treats the A.R as if it were 2 points lower. Only one broadsword can be created per gauntlet and each do 1D4x10 +10 damage (10 points of which is heat damage) and treats the A.R. as if it were 3 points lower.
Bonuses: +1 to strike and +2 to parry with the unaltered gauntlets. +2 to strike and +3 to parry with the forearm blades, and +3 to strike and +5 to parry with the broadswords. The character is impervious to heat, and fire does half damage.
Penalties: The character cannot touch anything with the gauntlets without burning it, this could make it tough to rescue innocent bystanders while wearing them.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Not sure if I got this quite right, so let me know what you think.

Alter Physical Structure: Black Powder (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character changes his physical form to gunpowder, retaining human shape, but can change form and shape at will.

1. Physical Attacks Do No Damage: AR 16, SDC of 150 (the SDC only applies when in powder form and is the total SDC, not a bonus). All physical attacks such as punches, kicks, sword strikes, and arrows simply pass through the character. Bullets and electricity do no damage if under the AR and half damage if over, igniting the character. Fire automatically does half damage and ignites the character regardless if under the AR or not. Damage to the character creates smoke, and heals at a rate of 4d6 per ten minutes. Igniting the character causes his whole body to take 1d6 damage per foot per melee round and will continue to burn the character unless he reverts to normal. Loss of all SDC will effectively kill the character.

2. Increased Mass: Weight is doubled, though strength remains the same.

3. Alter Shape: As a walking mound of black powder, the character can push his powder form body through openings as small as a keyhole or the crack under a door, and even through small pipes or narrow openings as small as an inch wide, though it will take a while to squeeze through such a small opening (1d6 melee rounds for every 100 pounds). The super being can easily slip out of any form of restraint or entanglement, and any cell that is not airtight using up two melee actions to slide out and reform. The character can divide part of himself off to keep fire from spreading, though this damage will still be present if transforming without reabsorbing the powder beforehand. Such separated powder can be used as normal gunpowder to set off explosions or propel bullets.

4. Ignition: Any damage the character takes explodes, doing 10 points of damage for each point he takes, to all targets within 20 feet of the character. Once ignited, the character will continue to burn and do damage as a result unless doused with water, which completely neutralizes his ability to ignite until the powder dries, or until he reverts to normal form.

5. Blinding Attacks:
Throwing Powder: The character can use some of himself to blind opponents, costing him 1 SDC point each time he does so, at a range of 10 feet. Victims are -6 to strike, parry and dodge while powder is in their eyes, usually 1d4 melees after the powder gets in their eyes.
Smoke: While the character is on fire, a cloud of smoke surrounds them for a 10 foot radius. Anyone looking through or caught in the smoke is -10% to speed, -2 attacks, -2 to initiative, -5 to strike, -4 to parry and dodge, and -30% to perform any skills requiring good visibility.

6. Other Abilities and Bonuses: Immune to airborne toxins, poisons and gas, as well as choking. Speed is reduced to half. The character is still vulnerable to cold, water attacks, psionics and magic, all which do full damage, and he can still drown or suffocate from lack of air. The character emits no heat when not ignited, and so is usually invisible to infrared and hear sensors, though he does smell heavily of sulfur.
Steeler49er
Hero

HaPPy 100!!!

Supernatural Mental Endurance By Steeler49er
"My will be done!"

The supers will is unshakable with just about nothing being able to overcome the mind of the character. They recover faster mentally, are immune to natural insanities and are nearly immune to psionics and possession. Ever strong and focused to a fault.
The super does not suffer from mental fatigue due to prolonged exertion and can remain alert and awake for a number of days equal to one quarter their ME.
Base ME: is an amazing 34 (10 points Higher than Extra Ordinary ME) +2D6!
ME save bonuses: Extend to 50, meaning the super starts out with an ME of 36 and a +11. with saves going as high as +18.
Increased ISP: The super gains a 50% to ISP (if any exists) and receives an additional +2D6 ISP per level.
Resistant: Mind altering magics, possession, psionics, horror factor, and drugs with effects and duration lasting one quarter as long when the super fails a roll.
Immunities: The super being can Not go insane due to stress or even years decades or millinia of torture! Their will is simply so overwhelmingly strong and resolute that they may end up driving interrogators mad in the process. Only insanity caused by damage to the super brain chemistry has any chance to cause mental aberration, and even then the super being may make a roll to resist such imbalance.
Additionally the super being is immune to pain and can survive such intense physical sufferings such as spinal damage and impailment with a hot iron, or having eyes gouged out with out a reaction. This only counts against normal pain and not pain inflicted via psionics, magic and the supernatural or drugs. Similarly Horro Factors caused be Non-supenatural reactions produce no reactions either.
Mental Recovery: The super recovers an additional amount of ISP per hour equal to their ME bonus.

Limitations: The super being finds it very hard to give up on a particular given action when it may be safest to choose another course of action, in short they are somewhat stubborn. Every time the super is forced to make a savings throw in which they use more than half of their save bonus, they must make an additional savings throw at the same base difficulty and at an additional -1 for every point over half their bonus that they used. A failed roll means the super is stuck on a chosen course of action for the duration of the event or a maximum of 2 minutes for every point the roll was failed by. During this time they will ignore damage to themselves, the Cries of the innocent, and even logic in their attempt to complete the task at hand.
Last edited by Steeler49er on Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:01 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

The title to the power is a bit misleading, since it seems to focus on mental endurance only. I had thought it might include both ME and PE given that it only said "endurance."
Steeler49er
Hero

Whoops...
Howed that happen???

Thanks fer seeing that, consider it fixed

Steeler49er
Hero

Not really. I've been through all of the powers in Black Vault, Dan page, Kitsunes, and a few others. This is about as powerful as Super Natural PS (Albeit not as powerful, still it's close), Supernatural Endurance, and a few others.

As it stands you already start out at 24(Base)+1D6 fer ME, this is just two stages higher up (Past Super Human ME). The bonuses for Ultra high ME are almost useless since many lesser powers already make you Completely immune to most of what was listed in SN ME. Frankly it's just deceptively stronger than it really looks to be.

I just noticed that it was weak "Looking" and I added some fun stuff to it to give it PAZZAZ so as to make it look more Shiny :-)
But yeah, other powers already do much of this to begin with. A +18 to save (More likely +16) is almost redundant when compaired to other powers. I know it looks powerful but, it IS a Major power and, it needs to be able to compete with them... Or at least Look like it does.

Okay, now we've got Bat Man's power, What we need now is SN MA for creating Ego Man... And fer that one I'ma little stuck fer the Best Look.

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I thought Supernatural ME was fine, and I am usually the first to criticize powers if overly strong. Given the nature of ME, it is really almost impossible to boost it beyond a major power. I thought the ISP boost was completely understandable and appropriate.
Now, taking the perspective that many powers written in this forum are based on ME as far as what their limits are, this is one that becomes a bit more powerful when combined with others, but not overly so.
Steeler49er
Hero

Thanks you guys... Hope it's useful to someone.
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Now, taking the perspective that many powers written in this forum are based on ME as far as what their limits are, this is one that becomes a bit more powerful when combined with others, but not overly so.

GAWK!!! :eek: :(
I forgot about that fact when I wrote it on up!
But now that you mention it, there are so many powers that boost just PE (Cuz it's the most useful stat I guess) but I'd forgottennthat some powers Also used it from time to time. Having SN ME may come in aweful useful fer the right power(s)...
Good point SG1

Mephisto wrote:I'd probably give a bonus to perception in lieu of enhanced psionic ability, since psionics tend to be tied to an enhanced M.E. anyways, or at least immunity to mind control and possession (too mentally strong for that
Well, I didn't give it the Perception thingy cuz I'm trying to get people here to add Two new and (from what I've been told, Much needed) stats/Attributes.
M.I. (Mental Intuition) and S.A. (Spiritual Awareness) to the games mechanics.
That way we can have More spells, Psionics, Chi powers, Super powers, and skills based off of a more logical group of Attributes.
As is, IQ is what deals with Perception and PE & ME deal with the Supernatural. ME is how tough your mind is and that often can make one mentally closed off and close minded. It's great fer drawing on energies you know are there but not for be Open to the world (and cosmos) around you, which requires flexability.
I see ME as more like PE in that it'sa great battery for power but, it's got Dulled sences.

Having 10 Attributes instead of 8 is not much of a change and it fills in Tremendiously needed gaps while neither changing Nor ret-conning virtually anything in pre-existing books.
MI deals with Intuition/Initiative/Subconscience Perceptions/and reasoning based puzzle solving skills.
SA deals with that Ooggy feeling that you get when something in the shadows of reality is watching you... A perception for the supernatural aspects of the RPG world as apposed to the Mundane.

Untill then I guess we'll just have ta do w/o.

Thanks again yawl.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”