NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

The thing is that MI and SA would only really apply to certain people.
MI would be good for strictly bonuses to perception, but IQ kind of already covers that.
I really like the idea of SA, because then you could add bonuses to ISP and PPE based on it. I don't think it would add spells or psionics.
Perception and Spiritual Awareness could also be written up as skills to do the same thing.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Gryphon Chick wrote:The thing is that MI and SA would only really apply to certain people.
MI would be good for strictly bonuses to perception, but IQ kind of already covers that.
I really like the idea of SA, because then you could add bonuses to ISP and PPE based on it. I don't think it would add spells or psionics.
Perception and Spiritual Awareness could also be written up as skills to do the same thing.

I will write up a spiritual awareness skill in the We Gots Skills thread.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gmapprentice wrote:Disintegration Field (Major Power?)

The character can form an aura around themselves that causes objects close to the character to disintegrate into microscopic particles over time. This power only affects Solid Matter, and does not harm Indestructible material or anything with an AR of 16 or higher. A maximum of 10 pounds, plus 2 pounds per level, of material IN CONTACT WITH the character can be made immune to the power. Anything else is affected.

Projectiles such as bullets and arrows are disintegrated before hitting the character. Inanimate Objects within the area of the power take 1D4x10 +10 Damage per melee. This includes weapons used in an attempt to hit the character (damage is ignored). Living beings in range take 4D6 damage per melee, or 2D6 Damage each time they attempt to strike the character.

Option One: Body Aura. The Disintegration Field has a range of 1 foot around the character. The character can still move around, but has a penalty of -2 actions per melee and -2 Initiative.

Option Two: Expanded Field. Range is a 3-foot area around the character, plus 1 foot per level. The downside is, while the field is in place, the character cannot move or take any action whatsoever.

So, would clothing be disintegrated? If so, would it affect the character's clothing or possessions?
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Does it take any actions to activate? What is the duration?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

gmapprentice wrote:done.

Much better :)
Added mandatory fluff to my last post...

As for Disintegration Field...

(POOF)"Mosquitos? What mosquitos? I don't know what you're complaining about...I don't feel a thing!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

I really like that Disintegration Field power, im gonna have to use it. Great work gm
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Brittle (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"You are weak..."

The character can strike someone and cause their body to become brittle, making them more vulnerable to damage.
Range: Touch
Duration: 1d4 melee rounds
Attacks: Uses 2 melee attacks/actions
Damage: Normal strike damage when the character hits the target. Any and all attacks on the target following the character's initial hit will do DOUBLE damage for the duration of the power. In addition, any Natural AR the target possesses will be at -2, and any resistances will not apply. If the target is normally immune to certain attacks, he will take half damage from them while this power is in effect.
Limitations: The character actually has to inflict damage to the target for this to work, simply touching the target will not activate the power.
Saving Throw: The target may attempt to save against this power to keep it from affecting him (14 or better, PE bonus applies).

Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2 to strike
+2 on all saving throws
+2 PE
+1d4 Hit Points
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:why does the power give +2 on all saving throws?

Because the character's body generates an energy field which helps block him from harm. It is the same energy he uses to disrupt the energy of others to make them brittle.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

As far as I see it, a +2 is not really overpowering, so what does it matter? I could see nitpicking over it if it was unbalancing, but it isn't as far as I can tell.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Powers will typically have bonuses like that tacked on to keep them from being too weak in comparison to others. With such a short duration and limited effects, it actually seems a bit weak.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:yeah... i would've added immunity to other people using that same power on the character.

The thing is, with so many powers available, I rarely make characters with identical powers if I can help it. People can always add that as something the power grants if they really want to play it that way.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Disintegration Field is an excellant power 'gm'... I agree with everyone else on that point an I as well will be using it. Thanks :)

As to Gargoyles power being weak... I Like weak powers as much as I like Mega powers.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

It seems as if Honesty would be a minor. A notation of some kind stating whether it is intended as a major or minor power helps.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Not sure if I got this quite right, so let me know what you think.

Alter Physical Structure: Black Powder (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character changes his physical form to gunpowder, retaining human shape, but can change form and shape at will.

"If brains were explosive, you wouldn't have enough to blow your n---no wait, that's not right. Lemme rephrase that..."

Like the self-ignition property here...I'm just seeing a guy with this power in a situation where he has to turn himself into a trail of powder to ignite some larger explosion..."Yeah...I got a way to set the place off so's we can still get away..but it's going to hurt me like hell...."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Not sure if I got this quite right, so let me know what you think.

Alter Physical Structure: Black Powder (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character changes his physical form to gunpowder, retaining human shape, but can change form and shape at will.

"If brains were explosive, you wouldn't have enough to blow your n---no wait, that's not right. Lemme rephrase that..."

Like the self-ignition property here...I'm just seeing a guy with this power in a situation where he has to turn himself into a trail of powder to ignite some larger explosion..."Yeah...I got a way to set the place off so's we can still get away..but it's going to hurt me like hell...."

Yeah, he would have to detach a load of SDC to do that, kinda like donating a kidney. I made sure the power could potentially kill the character if they let themselves explode uncontrollably instead of turning to normal before all their SDC was expended.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Morphic Blades (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"I'm looking sharp tonight."

The character can sharpen his body's natural edges to form blades which can be projected outward into sword-like extensions, or used as skates and skis. Only minimal clothing can be worn with this power to use it effectively.

1. Natural Weaponry: The character can sharpen and extend his bones into sharp blades.
Range: The length of thin blades can be extended for one foot at level one, plus 2 inches per additional level, with axe edges extending from the bone at a distance of 3 inches at level one, plus one inch at levels 4, 8 and 12.
Duration: As long as the character needs them, being shaped and withdrawn at will.
Attacks: Uses 2 melee attacks/actions to reshape a limb, with each limb requiring shaping individually.
Damage: Varies with form.
Bonuses: +2 to strike at level one, with an additional +1 to strike with the blades at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15,in addition to any bonus from PP. The character can parry melee weapons with the blades and is +3 to do so at level one, with an additional +1 to do so at levels 4, 8 and 12, in addition to any other bonuses from his PP attribute.
Forms: Only one form of weapon can be formed on a limb at any one time. Having different weapons equipped on the legs will cut Spd to half.
* Double-Ended Blade: Extends for half the length from the elbow and wrist/knuckle or knee and heel. Does an additional +3d6 damage at level one, plus 1d6 at levels 4, 8 and 12.
* Sword Blade: Extends in one direction for full length as thin blade or half length for wider blades. Thin blade does +1d6 damage at level one, plus an additional 1d6 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. Wider blade does 2d4, plus 1d4 at levels 4, 8 and 12.
* Axe Wedge Arm: Axe Edge does +2d6 damage at level one, plus 1d6 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.

2. Skating Blades: The power can also create sharp blades on the feet to act as ice skates. This uses 2 melee attacks/actions and affects both feet simultaneously and cannot be used in conjunction with weapons on the legs. The effect is to allow the character to travel three times his normal speed on ice and to walk on slick surfaces without penalty. Striking with the skate blades will only add +1d6 to kick damage.

3. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4X10+10 SDC
Natural AR of 12
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Does the +3 bonus apply to strikes as well? I would think it would also apply to strikes.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I forgot that. I edited the post to include bonuses to strike and expand on the bonus to parry.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Body Weapons (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
This is a major version of the minor super ability appearing in the HU2 main book (on page 229).

This power enables the character to alter the shape and structure of his extremities to form weapons. This means he can elongate and transform one to all of his fingers into stabbing spikes, cutting knives, or scythe-like claws; grow spikes, hooks or knife blades from the knuckles; the fingers and hand into a two, three or four pronged fork, hatchet, hammer, metal ball, or scissors or shears; or the hand and forearm into a sword, mace, morning star, ball and chain, trident, and so on. The weapons can range from any variety of blades to club-like stumps. The shapes are limited to traditional hand to hand, melee weapons (hammer, mace, sword, scythe, etc.); nothing long-range, that fires projectiles, or that can be thrown. Some items with moving parts can be made (such as scissors), as well as serrated saws, screwdrivers, picks, and similar items.
Keys can be made with a successful skill roll to match an existing key (40%, +5% per level, rate of success), as well as lockpicks, adding +10% to any pick locks roll using the created pick.
The forehead can be lined with spikes, adding +3d4 to head butts at level one, plus 2 points of damage per level. Sharp horns, blades and protrusions at the elbows and knees add the same amount of damage to knee and elbow strikes.
Creation of blade arms can extend to three times the normal forearm length.
Damage: Damage is 2d4 for a single knife blade made from a finger, creating a set of four claws which can do 8d4 damage +PS bonus. The same applies to knuckle blades, horns/hooks or spikes.
An arm can be molded into a club, mace, morning star,hammer, or similar blunt weapon that does 2d6, plus 2 points of damage per level of experience, +PS bonus and hand to hand combat damage bonuses.
A sword, axe, glaive or similar blade weapon inflicts 3d6 damage, plus 3 points of damage per level, +PS damage bonus and hand to hand combat bonuses.
Scissors or shears inflict 4d6 damage, plus 4 points of damage per level, +PS damage bonus.
All PP, PS, and WP skill bonuses to strike, parry and damage are applicable. The weapon arm is as hard as steel and has a base SDC of 4d4X10 per arm. Body weapons can be used as weapons if severed from the body.
Special Bonus: +4 initiative and +3 to disarm. Automatically gets the fighting skill of Paired Weapons.
Range: Limited to reach and length of weapon.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Speedball (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Here comes my fastball."

The character is able to pitch small objects at high velocity, doing damage but vaporizing the object in the process. The object moves as fast as a bullet and cannot be dodged by normal people.
Size of Object: Must fit in the palm of the character's hand and be round, like a baseball or piece of fruit.
Range: 600 feet, plus 60 feet per level, line of sight
Duration: Instant, with object vaporizing from accelleration process.
Damage: Normal damage from object (typically 1d4), +3d6 and 2 points of damage per level, plus PS bonus.
Bonuses: +2 to strike at level one, and an additional +1 at levels 3, 6, 9,12 and 15, plus any bonuses to throwing from PP, powers and skills.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cactus Skin (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

1. Cactus Hide: The character looks like a normal human except for having green skin covered in long white needles six inches long.(-2PB).
*Dense Skin: Possesses a Natural AR of 10. Add +4d6X2 to SDC.
*Attack Damage Bonus:+1d4 to HtH damage.
*Defensive: Cannot be grabbed on skin without attackers taking 2d6 damage per attack/grab.
*Other Bonuses: +2 PS, which is considered Extraordinary. +2 PE, +2 Save vs. Toxins and Poisons(immune to plant toxins). Regenerates damage at twice normal rate.

2. Photosynthesis: The character does not need to eat, receiving all nutrients through sunlight and absorption of moisture and minerals through the pores of the skin.

3. Quills: The character can launch quills as projectile weapons.
Range: 120 feet, plus 20 feet per level, line of sight
Duration: Instant.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to launch quills.
Payload: Can shoot single quills or in bursts of 3.
Damage: 1d6 per quill (1d6 for a single quill or 3d6 for a burst of 3).
Bonuses: +2 to strike at level one, and an additional +1 to strike at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:Not what i had in mind, but sounds good.

Why should a power I just thought up have anything to do with what you had in mind? I just wanted a baseball type power.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i guess it doesen't have anything to do with it. :lol: i'm going crazy today.. having a really good day though. :mrgreen:

Okay, well good.

gmapprentice wrote:just 3 questions about that power: would heavy, metal or rock objects with a high AR do the same damage and disintegrate due to the power?

Yes, because it is based on atomic accelleration.

gmapprentice wrote: what happens when you throw a character with the Shrinking power?

Throwing a living person would kill them.

gmapprentice wrote:Or when Giant/Growth characters use the power?

It is not designed to be used to throw people. A giant character would simply be able to throw larger objects and do more damage.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:alright then... that can be one scary power in certain situations.

Well, yeah, because if the power were a major it would be able to accellerate larger objects and throw them. I may be developing it as a major, but it would be tricky keeping it from becoming way too powerful.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:even in minor form it's better than my newest power. all mine can do is copy pictures, and maybe help make a quick buck selling copies of signed pictures of celebs. :lol:

That could come in handy if needing to spread word of a dangerous fugitive, find a lost child or dog, or copy massive amounts of information. Every power is useful in different ways.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Speedball (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Here comes my fastball."

The character is able to pitch large objects at high velocity, doing damage but vaporizing the object in the process. The object moves as fast as a bullet and cannot be dodged by normal people.
Size of Object: Must be able to be lifted and carried by the character in his hands.
Range: 600 feet, plus 60 feet per level, line of sight
Duration: Instant, with object vaporizing from accelleration process.
Damage: Normal damage from object (See Magnetism power in HU2 main book, page 280-281 for object damage based on weight), +3d6 per 30 pounds of object weight, +1d6 points of damage per level, plus PS bonus.
Bonuses: +2 to strike at level one, and an additional +1 at levels 3, 6, 9,12 and 15, plus any bonuses to throwing from PP, powers and skills.
Steeler49er
Hero

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Agreed... I defenantly liked the two speed ball powers...
Ad I ment to tell you [you being SG1] last night that I also liked you power Morphic Blades. I got booted off as soon as I tried to post (which was like 3 minutes after you posted it) :(
Sorry I didn't say it sooner.

GM, I also like your power "Duplicate Image". I always like seeing more Minor powers in Black Vault (Alotta Majors) and this ones a great one to have.

FYI-I've posted in Black Vault all of the powers of mine that I could find from here on the New Powers Thread but... I couldn't find all of them. There's 101 pages at this point and that's allotta pages to go through.
ADDENDUM [edit]: GS1 I was wondering if a Talents section should be added to the 'Main page'? since I know that allotta players that enjoy HU also enjoy Nightspawn... Errr Nightbane.
Just a thought, since I noticed that a lone single slot was open. I thought that this may help bring them posters in onto the Black Vault Society :P

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:Agreed... I defenantly liked the two speed ball powers...

Thanks. I was just in the mood to create high velocity projectiles.

Steeler49er wrote:And I meant to tell you [you being SG1] last night that I also liked you power Morphic Blades. I got booted off as soon as I tried to post (which was like 3 minutes after you posted it) :(
Sorry I didn't say it sooner.

No problemo. I wanted something with ice skates built in and may do a couple more powers to add skis and skates to characters.

Steeler49er wrote:FYI-I've posted in Black Vault all of the powers of mine that I could find from here on the New Powers Thread but... I couldn't find all of them. There's 101 pages at this point and that's allotta pages to go through.

You did a good job.

Steeler49er wrote:ADDENDUM [edit]: GS1 I was wondering if a Talents section should be added to the 'Main page'? since I know that allotta players that enjoy HU also enjoy Nightspawn... Errr Nightbane.
Just a thought, since I noticed that a lone single slot was open. I thought that this may help bring them posters in onto the Black Vault Society :P

The whole problem with that is then people will be wanting mutant animals from the ATB thread posted there, and so on and so forth. Nimmy was initially trying to limit it to Heroes Unlimited. You should feel free to ask him, though. When I do, he either ignores me or adds something quickly, so no telling what response you will get, if any. :P
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:even in minor form it's better than my newest power. all mine can do is copy pictures, and maybe help make a quick buck selling copies of signed pictures of celebs. :lol:

That could come in handy if needing to spread word of a dangerous fugitive, find a lost child or dog, or copy massive amounts of information. Every power is useful in different ways.

SG is right. Seriously, it's not always about creating damage.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Steeler49er wrote:ADDENDUM: GS1 I was wondering if a Talents section should be added to the 'Main page'? since I know that allotta players that enjoy HU also enjoy Nightspawn... Errr Nightbane.

I guess I can do this.

EDIT: Done!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Steeler49er
Hero

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:FYI-I've posted in Black Vault all of the powers of mine that I could find from here on the New Powers Thread but... I couldn't find all of them. There's 101 pages at this point and that's allotta pages to go through.

You did a good job.
Thanks... I actually just learnt from watching what you did. :-D

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:
EDIT: ADDENDUM
: GS1 I was wondering if a Talents section should be added to the 'Main page'? since I know that allotta players that enjoy HU also enjoy Nightspawn... Errr Nightbane.

The whole problem with that is then people will be wanting mutant animals from the ATB thread posted there, and so on and so forth. Nimmy was initially trying to limit it to Heroes Unlimited. You should feel free to ask him, though. When I do, he either ignores me or adds something quickly, so no telling what response you will get, if any. :P
Combine This above statement by SG1 with
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:I guess I can do this.
This one by NMI and you tell me if this is not a ROFLMAO moment?
That was just awesome you two... Danka again. :-D

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
Steeler49er wrote:ADDENDUM: GS1 I was wondering if a Talents section should be added to the 'Main page'? since I know that allotta players that enjoy HU also enjoy Nightspawn... Errr Nightbane.

I guess I can do this.

You added Nightbane to the Black Vault... :eek: It's as I feared-- Nimmy is bringing about the Apocaypse! :lol:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Steeler49er wrote:tell me if this is not a ROFLMAO moment?
That was just awesome you two... Danka again. :-D

I told you there was no telling what his response would be. Now YOU get to find people to post to it. *Goes off muttering...*
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Ricochet: [Minor]
‘Don’t worry guys...I always bounce back’

The character can absorb blunt force trauma from kinetic energy and turn it into raw momentum.
The character can absorb blunt force trauma (bludgeoning kinetic damage) turning every point into 2 points into 5 feet of distance in the opposite direction.
The character can control the direction of any subsequent bounces with a limited amount of capability, and can effectively steer himself with each bound and rebound with 30%, +5% per level. If a successful rebound is used to turn into a tackle or slam the character uses a flat +2 to strike, though the target will have to dodge. Turning such a rebound into an attack causes the character to lose one action.
The character can choose how much to absorb at once (maximum 20 points plus 5 points per level). If the resultant movement would indicate a collision, calculate damage as if the character had fallen an equivalent amount of feet. This damage may also be turned into movement, or inflicted on the surface struck.
(Rubber Jill is fighting Konslaught, who strikes her with his mighty meteor Mallet(TM). She takes 23 damage from the impact. She absorbs it all and turns it into 55feet of movement. She strikes a wall 20 feet away and as such takes damage as if she fell the whole 55 feet. The 5D6 for the distance felt becomes 15 damage, which she absorbs again for 28 feet of movement. If she can make the rebound roll, she can turn it into a bodyblock/tackle, adding 2D6 damage (from the 28 feet ‘fallen’)
Other bonuses: Kinetic impacts inflict half normal damage, including any unabsorbed bludgeoning force. By timing bounces, the character can triple his normal land speed but with very limited manoeuvrability.

Terraport: [Minor]
‘Let’s kick some asphalt!’

The character can dive into rock, earth and other mineral deposits and convert to a type of vibrational energy, before shooting out within 30 feet (plus 10 feet per level). This grants her a number of abilities.
* The character can skim across solid, mineral surfaces at a Spd equal to 30Mph plus 5 Mph per level. The character has to stop for artificial substances (such as asphalt) as well as plant life (but not short grass or lawn).
* The character can step through rock walls and objects as long as they are no thicker than his normal skimming distance.
* The character can dive into the earth and pop up behind a foe (target is -3 to parry or dodge)
* The character can attempt to dodge (but not autododge) by sinking into the earth for a +4 to dodge (adds to normal dodge bonuses)
* The character can spend 3 actions performing an earth diving body block/tackle, coming up under a foe. This surprise attack is -3 to be dodged inflicts normal body block tackle damage, plus an extra 2D6 from the speed and the target is knocked skywards rather than downwards (half inflicted damage in feet skywards). The character can simply expend 2 actions in his body block tackle adding 2D6 to tackle damage as normal, but without the knock up and surprise benefits)
* The character can dive through targets made of rock, stone, earth or other mineral. This attack inflicts a flat 2D6 damage to the target, and cannot be parried (but can be dodged). AR is irrelevant.
* The character can sink downward and use the momentum to leap his normal distance across (30 feet plus 10 feet per level) or half that skyward.

Hyperaffliction: [Major]
‘Too...tired...what...have...you...>umph<...done...to...me...?’

The character can affect a target’s reaction time and adrenaline to cause them to overreact physically with every action. The target becomes unable to utilise finesse, throwing every single ounce of might into every action.
The character simply gestures at a target within 50 feet (+10 feet per level) and expends 2 actions. The target must make a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses apply). If the target fails then he is ripped into an overreactive state.
While in an overreactive state, the character suffers from the following;
The character halves his bonuses to strike and parry, and adds +4 to initiative and dodge. Because every action becomes the equivalent of a haymaker, he halves his attacks per melee (though he adds 20% more damage to each and every swing). The target will find it difficult to judge distances, and uses his maximum Spd, and power for each and every attack he uses (he is unable to use it at less than maximum). Any item held, carried or manipulated takes damage from the target’s manhandling (equal to half his normal HTH damage) mnay skills become impossible under these conditions (No...First aid is right out)
More to the point this is fatiguing and potentially harmful. Every melee round the target must takes 2D4 damage from muscle strain, and must make a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply) or become fatigued from the strain.(-2 to combat manoeuvres, -1 attack -10% to skills)
The target is affected for 1D4 melee rounds, plus an additional 1 melee round at levels 3,5,7,9,11,13 and 15.
Other bonuses: +20 SDC +2PS +2 PP. The character uses a milder dose on himself at all times, reflected by these bonuses.

Ego Wipe: [Major]
‘Don’t worry about him...he’ll forget how to breathe soon enough’

The character can generate a type of Electromagnetic pulse that shorts out the brain, sometimes permanently. Solid objects block this power (it is based of physics after all). Resistance or immunity to electricity allows the target a +4 bonus vs the effect.
As an area affect, it affects all targets within 40 feet (+5 feet per level). As a beam it affects a single target within 120 feet (+10 feet per level) with a +4 to strike.
All affected targets make a saving throw (15+ ME bonuses apply) halve their IQ, ME and MA scores, lose all initiative, and halve their combat bonuses and Spd by half (as well as attacks per melee). Skill performance is reduced by 50%. Basic communication skills are also affected, so the targets have difficulty speaking and understanding their own language. A second failed saving throw while the first duration is in effect causes the targets to be stunned (cannot make meaningful actions but can defend themselves), while a third causes targets to fall unconscious. The typical duration is 2D4 melee rounds, but each new use on a target expands that by 1D4 rounds. When the duration expires, the target recovers in full.
An area pulse requires 3 melee actions to perform, while a single targeted beam requires only 2.
When used on a stunned or unconscious opponent, the character can essentially assassinate a target. By expending 4 attacks on a single unconscious or stunned opponent, the character can wipe important memories or skills. The target must make a normal saving throw (with a +2 bonus if this is fatal). If he fails he can, at the character’s whim forget:
• One single important fact. His name for instance, or his entire identity.
• One skill. It’s gone, which is potentially problematic if it’s his HTH form.
• The ability to breathe, regulate temperature or hundreds of other otherwise autonomus body functions. This is potentially fatal.
If a target loses a skill or important memory, he can retrain it back if given guidance. This takes one month or dedicated, regular training and practise, plus one week per level of the character. Even then there will be gaps and blind spots -5% permanently to the skill.

Metabolic Power [Minor]
‘Ughh...your mind tricks have no....argh...effect on me Mentiac!’

The character can, upon failing a saving throw vs magic, poison, disease, psionics or a superpower, opt to take SDC or HP damage equal to the required number. This ends the effect as if the character had not only made his saving throw, but was never targeted (he does not take any secondary effects).
(Omni-man is pimpslapped by ‘the touch’ and must save vs the Touch’s disruptive touch. Needing a 16 he fails, but instead of suffering the optic blindness, he opts to instead take 16 damage (the required saving throw))

Spatial anchor [Major]
‘You there! Stay where you are’

The character can cause a target to lock into his space time location, anchoring him with his power. The target must be within 50 feet, and the character expends an action to perform this lockdown. The target must make a saving throw of 16+ (PE bonuses apply). If he fails then he suffers the more he attempts to move away from the spot he was anchored to. If the affected target moves more than his own PE in feet away from the point, he takes 1D4 damage, and another1D4 damage every melee round he remains away from his point. Every 50 feet further increases the damage by 1D4. At 500 Feet (10D4 damage per melee round) the target is physically pulled towards his anchor point with a PS equal to the character’s ME (+4 per level) This PS is superhuman, and must be opposed. If unopposed it pulls the character 50 feet per melee round towards the anchor point.
Teleporting, or dimensionally porting away is worse. The affected target takes 3D6 damage from the attempt and is snapped back to his origin
Anchoring lasts for 2D6 minutes plus one melee round per level.
This ability works on objects as well. Use the object’s AR in place of PE to determine its safe radius, and obviously an object get’s no saving throw. Objects take half normal damage from this power, and any object that loses half its SDC from this power is torn in half (thus ending the effect)

Destabilisation field [Major]
‘All things, including you, will come to ruination’

The character can create a field of entropic flow that affects all available targets in the area.
The field generated extends for 60 feet in all directions (including up and down) and affects all objects equally.
All AR’s in the area (natural or otherwise) drop by 3, and the SDC of all inanimate objects in the area is reduced by 30%. Weapons used in the affected area inflict half their own damage to themselves when used, and any object designed to support weight will find their support capability reduced also by 30%.
Ranged attacks in the area lose 30% of their damage, fuel and energy supplies are used up 30% faster. Super powers work at 2 levels lower and ISP and PPE costs are increased by 30%. All targets in the area make all saving throws at a -3. Machinery takes 1D6 damage every melee round it runs, and people take one SDC damage every minute as their bodies stop working properly.
The character, in the centre of all this, is immune to these effects (though his ranged attacks are affected as soon as the projectile or blast leaves his body it enters the area of affect proper.). The affected area appears as if distorted by rippling heat hazes, and the character will appear to be the centre of this effect. The character must expend 2 actions per melee and reduce his Spd to 1/3rd normal to maintain this effect. Attacks on his person suffer a -4 to strike (the effect is concentrated nearer his body)

Prehensile muscles [Minor]
‘AHHH...He’s cot me in a gut hold!’

The character’s muscles are much more flexible and mobile than in a regular person, allowing him to undulate and flex his mass in new and unusual ways.
The character gains +4 PS +2 PE and +20SDC as well as an AR of 8.
In addition, the character can bring his full strength to bear on any bonds he may have (including grapplers). He can reliably inflict 2D4 damage (plus any PS damage bonus) to any held item, or item touching him, simply by folding his muscle over it and squeezing/pinching. If struck in melee combat, he may expend an action attempting to grab the attacking limb or weapon. Damage is inflicted as normal, but if the character makes a strike roll that exceeds his opponent’s strike roll, then his weapon, or his limb, is held fast (as if in a hold or lock) opponent’s may pull free or escape as normal, but the character can simply inflict his crushing damage on every action while keeping his hands free.

Weaving: [Major]
‘I just love the suit, all the extra padding makes it very worthwhile’

The character can animate any natural fibres he can touch and use them as he will. Using his own worn clothing he can weave;
* Whips that inflict 2D4 damage with a reach of 10 feet
* Swinglines that extend for 30 feet +10 feet per level. (swing speed varies, typically 4D6+6)
* nets, up to 15 feet on a side
* Gliding membranes or parachutes, allowing the character to fall safely and softly
* Hammocks, or scraves
* alter, style, weave and repair his own clothing (he cannot change materiel or colour, but otherwise the sky is the limit) he can use this to make primitive but tight body armour as well (AR 10 SDC 20)
In addition the character has the minor power of fabric/cloth manipulation, but his range is limited to touch.
Other bonuses: +2 to strike with whips formed from his own clothing. +4 PP +10SDC. Automatically has the sewing skill equal to 80% +4% per level. Can turn cloth into a full suit of clothing in under a minute. Can undo light armours with a touch (AR becomes zero). Can cause clothing to tighten and become more rigid at point of impacts. Cutting, piercing and ballistic attacks inflict half damage if he is aware of them and can tense normally.

Radar invisible: [Minor]
‘Bet you thought No one could sneak up on you’

The character is invisible to high end radar waves, scattering the energy and giving no reading. Apart from being unable to be detected on radar (conventional and superpowered) he is also invisible to Electromagnetic sensors (such as MRI machines). His scattering of high energy waves makes him resistant to electrical attacks (half damage) as well as microwave and raw heat rays (half damage. Normal damage from fire and plasma though)

Faker: [Major]
‘I am Ironic man.’

The character can project specialised illusions giving him the ability to simulate more powers than he actually has. Select one major and one minor power (or alternatively, 3 minor powers). The character can create realistic illusions of possessing those powers. Obviously, mother nature and physics object to this (Illusionary flight for instance, does not actually move you off the ground, and appearing to turn to Iron neither grants any protection, nor does it reduce speed or increase weight) but the power does produce light , some measure of background sensation (sound and touch) and so any purely visual effects are fine.
Aside from mimicking the appearance of other powers, this power allows one to project a beam of light inflicting 2D4 damage +1D4 per level of experience (+4 to strike). If an attack power is mimicked in this manner, it does this damage, not the power’s. It is not powerful enough to blind a target on its own (unless it mimics a power that can) but it can lower or increase ambient light in an area to make it hard to spot enemies (-2 to strike/parry and dodge) or highlight darkness (halving normal darkness penalties). The character is immune to light and laser based damage (as well as potential blinding effects) and is immune to purely holographic illusions (but not psychic or magic). The character adjust his own appearance upwards or downwards by 4PB and adds +20% to the disguise skill.
The character can mimic one additional minor power at levels 3,6,9 and 12, as well as one additional major at level 7. Illusions last as long as the character maintains them. Illusions over himself remain, but if he ‘sets fire’ to a curtain with illusionary fire, it returns to its normal appearance when separated from the character by more than 30 feet.

Withering Heights: [Major]
‘Hey Grandpa this fight must be taking you ages to finish’

The character can produce localised entropic imbalance that resembles the onset of old age. Time is not being manipulated, merely the target’s cells. As a result characters that do not age (such as immortals) are affected as easily as any other target.
The character needs to identify a target within 60 feet, and expend three actions. The target makes a saving throw (PE based, 16+). If he fails, then his age is adjusted upward by 3D6 years (+2 per level). This effect can be stacked upon each other, aging the target more and more. Targets with a naturally longer lifespan are affected proportionately (so elves, for example are aged 3D6x10 years per hit).
Decrepitude is gradual and progressive.
PS and PE: PS and PE drops by 1 point at 50 and every 5 years beyond it.
PP: drops by 2 at 50 and drops by 1 every 5 years afterwards.
Spd: drops by 10% at age 50 and another 10% every 10 years.
Mental attributes drop much slower. One mental attribute (equal chance of any) drops by one at age 60 and every 5 years beyond from the onset of senility.
Additionally, the character loses one HTH attack at age 50 and another every 20 years thereafter. Skills that rely on physical dexterity 9prowl, acrobatics etc) drop by 5% every time the character loses a PP point and the target’s lifting and carrying capacity drop by 5% at 50 years and by another 5% every 10 years thereafter.
Power levels also drop, losing one effective level for all powers at age 60, and another every 10 years thereafter.
The age stays stacked on for 10 minutes per level, and drops away at one year every 5 minutes beyond that time. This duration is halved for naturally long lived species, and for targets with accelerated healing, and halved again for anyone who is effectively immortal.
The character can age himself to act as an effective disguise. His control over metabolic ageing allows him to extend his own lifespan, ageing one year every 5 (effectively identical to the power: longevity with all appropriate bonuses. If combined with the power longevity, the character ages even slower (half the listed rate)). +1 PE +1D4 PB +3 to save vs disease +5% to save vs coma/death.
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

yeah..it's his mega weakness.

That said, these forums have been a little wonky lately so I'm less inclined to post. combined with an erratic work schedule and a an increase in flavourless posts I'm relegating to lurking more and posting less.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

prehensile muscles, weaving and faker please me in a way i can't accurately describe... they're so bizarre and unique, i guess.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

znbrtn wrote:prehensile muscles, weaving and faker please me in a way i can't accurately describe... they're so bizarre and unique, i guess.

thanks man. unique is what I aim for

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:yeah..it's his mega weakness.

That said, these forums have been a little wonky lately so I'm less inclined to post. combined with an erratic work schedule and a an increase in flavourless posts I'm relegating to lurking more and posting less.

Batts

Well, I apologize if any of my posts have been wonky and/or lacking flavour. A lot of my powers have been focused more on the mechanics and exploring new concepts than adding fluff. I personally never let what someone else posts influence my desire to create, since for me it is about coming up with ideas. But that is just me.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Iczer wrote:yeah..it's his mega weakness.

Batts

Well, I apologize if any of my posts have been wonky and/or lacking flavour. A lot of my powers have been focused more on the mechanics and exploring new concepts than adding fluff. I personally never let what someone else posts influence my desire to create, since for me it is about coming up with ideas. But that is just me.

Shrug. /Shrug. Nothing to apologise for. Notably I haven't had any problem with your posts, just that, and you can agree, there has been more 'non-content' posts as of late and it sort of kills the Buzz I normally get when I log on.

Work has me running ragged at the moment, so that has killed a lot of my internet/computer time more than anything else.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Oh, yeah. There seems to be a desire of late to use the boards for chat. Please keep to posting powers, people. This means you, gmapprentice! The posts by that kid wasted a few pages on drama. :badbad:

Blowing Kisses (Major) by Stone Gargoyle
"This kiss will blow your mind."

The character secretes an explosive gel which reacts to heat, warming up to create explosive effects.

1. Explosive Spit: The character can excrete explosive gel at targets.
Range: Touch by kissing surface, or can spit gel for 40 feet, plus 4 feet per level
Duration: Instant
Damage: 1d4X10 to target, plus 1d4 per 10 degrees of room temperature above 70 degrees Fahrenheit, minus 1d4 per 10 degrees below 30 degrees Fahrenheit.
Bonuses: +2 to strike at level one, and an additional +1 to strike at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.

2. Smoldering Kiss: Skin to skin contact raises the temperature of the gel, so a kiss of the cheek will do 4d4X10 damage to a warm blooded target, and a passionate kiss can do as much as 1d4X100 damage.

3. Impervious to Explosions, Heat and Fire: The character cannot be harmed by their own explosions, or typical grenade blasts or land mines. They are also immune to the effects of flames, though their clothing and possessions are still vulnerable to catching fire. The character is resistant to lasers (half damage).

4. Other Abilities and Bonuses: +5% to Seduction skill
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I've done versions of all three of those, so you are 0 for 3, gm.
I did one called Imaginary Friend,and Iczer has done powers similar to that as well.
I have pretty much covered the range of plant-based powers. I did not like your version of grass blades particularly because it seemed a bit muchkin with the whole "inflicting...damage to anything with an AR of 14 or less". Besides, is pointless to make bamboo turn into a weapon when it is already made into practice swords for kendo.
My variation of your Passing Through power was pretty much identical.
taalismn
Priest

Bloviating Monologue(Minor)
"Chat? I do not chat! I merely share the wisdom that has been imparted to me by my many years of experience, that I have been blessed to live, and that others are not so fortunate to have...I willingly share this experience so that others might learn from it, I contribute of myself so that the world might be made a better place by the small donation of what I've learned and what I've thou...(ad nasueum)...."

Range: Self
Duration: Can be maintained at the cost of 2 actions per melee
Effects: BY constantly talking to himself, verbosely discoursing at length(usually about himself or subjects only of interest to himself) and essentially shutting out the world around him in favor of the sound of his own voice, the superbeing renders himself immune to mind control attacks, such as Words of Command, subliminal messages, hypnotic suggestion, psionic attacks, and commands to "SHUT UP!!!"
Drawback: While he's talking up his own little world, the superbeing is oblivious to shouted warnings, commands, important advisories, and the sounds of approaching danger(-2 to initiative when relying on aural warnings to detect danger).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:.....well.... dang. guess i gotta think of something else... i'll tell you when i do.

In all fairness, your Imaginary Friend power was not terrible. It just was not very original in concept.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Gaseous Sheathe [Major]
‘Weather today, Cloudy with a high chance of butt kicking!’

The character can generate a foggy mist from his body, composed of hydrogen and other bodily Gasses, which he can sheathe himself. When he does this, he takes on the appearance of a luminescent humanoid, spewing a light Fog from his body
1) Protective sheath: The Fog shields the character from the worst of energy attacks. The Fog absorbs half of any energy damage, even from cold and darkness. If the character is struck by an energy attack, the character takes half damage, while the sheathe takes the other half. Against physical attacks, the character is -4 to be struck by thrown or projectile attacks (but not bullets...too fast to deflect) and is otherwise protected with an AR of 8. Mists, vapours, and even the HTH attacks of characters transformed into such are swept aside by the sheath.
2) Sheath SDC 80 plus 10 per level. As listed above it absorbs half of any incoming energy damage, but otherwise is immune to most forms of damage. The SDC regenerates at a rate of 2D4 per minute
3) movement and mobility: The sheath enables a greater range of movement while active. It doubles the character’s leaping distances, halves all damage from falls (and ignores falls of less than 30 feet). while active the sheath adds +30 to the character’s SPD, as well as +4 to dodge +4 to initiative and +4 to PP. While the sheathe is active, the character enjoys +10% to prowl, acrobatics and gymnastics.
4) Offensive weaponry: By agitating his emitted gasses, the character can generate electrostatic force. This force arcs outward 60 feet with a +4 to strike and does 2D4 damage for every 5 SDC expended (to a maximum of 4D4 per level). By condensing the fluids suspended in the gas, the character can launch balls of high velocity moisture and cold inflicting the same damage as listed for electrostatic force. Finally the character can expend 10 SDC per melee to raise a thick pea soup cloud around himself for 40 feet. the pea soup clod renders all inside effectively blind at the cost of 3 actions per melee.
5) Drawbacks: if the SDC of the sheath should be lost, the character will have to wait 4D4 minutes before he can create a new sheath (which still has to be regenerated from nothing) exposure to high speed winds prevents sheath recovery and inflicts 10 SDC to the sheath every melee round. The sheath fails to function underwtare, but the character will produce his own body volume in oxygen bubbles every few seconds if he tries to use the power.

RaptorLimbs: [Minor]
‘Don’t call me chicken’

The character can transform his extremities, most of each arm and leg, into reptilian or avian style legs.
Transformed arms and legs have an AR of 9. Kicks with clawed feet inflict 3D6 +PS bonus, while claw swipes inflict 2D6+PS bonus. The legs add +10 to the Spd attribute, and triple his horizontal leaping (if he gets a run up) and the clawed nature adds +10% to climb checks (assuming his feet are free)
+10 SDC

Jellyfied: [Minor]
‘Of course I’m a coward, I have no Backbone.’

The character’s internal organs and bones can be transformed into a homogenous mass while retaining a relatively normal (albeit boneless and squishy) exterior. The character becomes insanely flexible able to squeeze through any opening he could slide his fingers through, and granting +6 to attempts to escape from a grapple and +25% to escape artist. Blunt crushing attacks inflict half damage and the character gains a +4 to roll with punch/fall/impact. Critical strikes inflict no extra damage while jellified.
As a side effect of being able to adjust his buoyancy (his lungs are all over his body now) the character enjoys a +10% bonus to swimming and swimming advanced, and can move at double his normal swimming speed.

Shunt: [Minor]
‘Catch’

The character can cause light objects, half the character’s ME in pounds to shunt up to 30 feet. This affects only objects within 1 foot per level of his body. While it takes a little concentration to perform this, the character can perform this stunt and perform a normal action at the same time. The character can cause ranged attacks to shunt out from a new direction, add a +8 to disarm attempts, and even attack people with random nearby objects (about 3D4 for a falling 5 pound object from 30 feet up +0 to strike but next to impossible to see coming) He can use this to change clothes, (shunt old clothes away and shunt new clothes on top person) and remove handcuffs with ease.

Smart: [minor]
‘Hmmmm...Notice if you will, that my target always squints and shifts his feet before a haymaker. We can use this to our advantage’

The character is bright, and more importantly gets a lot more information from what he perceives. The character enjoys a +2 to ME and a +4 to IQ.
In addition, the character gains a +1 to initiative every round he fights the same opponent (or group of more or less identical opponents) after three rounds against the same opponent, he negates the targets combat bonuses derived from HTH skills, WP’s and physical skills (but can’t negate the bonuses from attributes, and powers)
After 5 minutes of interaction with a subject outside of combat, the character is able to discern the following;
The target’s alignment
The Target’s Occupation
The target’s mental attributes
The Target’s OCC: 56% +4% per level
If the target is lying: 40% +4% per level
If the character is not using his natural born shape

In addition, the character enjoys a +5% to all skills that are sedentary in nature, and needs only study half the time required to acquire a new skill.

Loop [Minor]
‘Whoopee!!’

The character can flip. End over end in forward or reverse flip. Each flip carries the character up to 20 feet forward or backwards and up to 10 feet in the air.
In combat it can be used as a dodge at +4. As an attack it adds +8 damage to a kick. The character can even simultaneously dodge and kick by expending 2 actions.
By forward flipping, the character can travel at speeds of his 45MPH for up to his PE in minutes before he needs a rest

Height alteration [Minor]
‘Look at me...a big man now’

The character can increase or decrease his height by up to 50% in either direction. He gains minimal mass (+/-5% at best) and no extra strength, but he can be selective (growing one limb for instance) when taller, the character gains +10 Spd from extended legs and a +1 to strike and parry from extended reach. While shrunken, the character enjoys a +15% to prowl and +2 to dodge due to a smaller frame.

Donor: [Minor]
‘Here you go..don’t waste it.’

The character has access to a pool of 30 SDC (+5 per level) and 15 HP (+2 per level) that he can donate to other targets at touch, by expending an action.
If the target receives SDC, It becomes bonus SDC, and wears off after 5 minutes.
If the target receives HP it is healing and does not wear off.
Where applicable, the character can turn his banked points into PPE (2 SDC: 1PPE, 1HP:1PPE) or ISP (same conversion rate. These also vanish after 5 minutes.
These Donor points recover at a rate of 10 per hour.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Cylindrical Force (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can create areas of pressurized air which act as force weapons, as well as creating them for other applications.

1. Pressurize Air: The character can focus on creating an area of pressurized air, which he an use to create air bullets, air weapons, and columns of pressure. The limitation of this is that he must have air to use this power, and pressurizing air reduces breatheable air in a contained area, using one minute of oxygen consumption each time he creates a pressurized air construct, plus an additional minute for each foot of length and size (so creating a column of air aboard a space shuttle 2 cubic feet tall would use 9 minutes of air consumption for one person). The size of objects varies by use.

2. Air Column: The character can create a solid pressurized air column which requires a character to have a PS of 40 to pass through it, with anything passing through the column disrupting it and causing it to disappear. It has an effective Extraordinary PS of 40 for lifting the character (can be used as an elevator) or objects. Hitting targets with the column of air does 2d6 damage,plus 4 points of damage per level, with a 01-70% chance they will be knocked to the ground. Maximum height or distance of the column is 20 feet, plus 5 feet per level, with a 3 foot diameter base,with it being able to be projected under the character as an elevator, or over his head vertically or in any direction as an attack, or to lift or push objects. Each use of the air column uses 2 melee attacks/action to generate it and one melee attack/action to maintain it. The character must be within 2 feet of the column when creating it, plus one foot per level.

3. Air Pressure Weapons: The character can create smaller columns and cylinders to use as weapons.
*Bullets: Creating a pressurized air bullet uses one melee attack/action, and can be done inside the gun for instant loading. The character must be holding the gun to do so. A bullet thus created will do 1d6 blunt force damage, similar to a rubber bullet, and will only last after created for one full melee round if not fired. Normal WP Revolver skill bonuses apply.
*Pressure Staff: Creating a thin cylinder of air to be used as a staff uses one melee attack/action and requires one attack/action per melee round to maintain. The staff will form in the character's hands and he must keep touching it to maintain it. Maximum length of the staff is 12 feet, and it will do 1d4 damage, plus 2 points of damage per level (plus PS damage bonus). The character can use bonuses from PP, WP Staff and WP Blunt, as well as those from powers, but also gets +2 to strike with this weapon at level 1, with an additional +1 to strike at levels 4, 8, and 12, and +1 to parry at level 2, with an additional +1 to parry at levels 5, 8 and 13. The staff dissipates if the character drops it.

Depth Perception (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can judge distances extremely well. This adds +2 to Perception, +2 to strike with any ranged weapon, and +10% to any skills used to judge distance of approach, etc. It also reduces any penalties for being blinded by 2 points.

Vertically Challenged (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can lock onto vertical surfaces and skim up them at high speed. This allows him to quickly ascend to the top of buildings or cliffs.
Speed: Minimum of 2 mph to maintain hold; maximum of 240 mph, plus 20 mph per level, up smooth surface, though half that on uneven terrain.
Locking onto Terrain: This is done when starting to fix a connection to the surface skimmed. Base Skill: 50%, plus 4% per level, with a +20% bonus when skimming up steel buildings, or +10% when skimming up brick or glass. A new skill roll must be made whenever moving from one surface to another, such as when racing up one building and jumping to another at high speed.
Range: Skims surfaces at a maximum distance from them of one foot per level.
Duration: Concentration.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to lock onto target surface and one melee attack/action per melee round to maintain if necessary.
Limitations: The character cannot stop without falling, and so must either slow down and grab a ledge to stop, or overshoot the destination and try to fall and land. The character also cannot steer and is limited to slight course corrections only when moving up a surface. This power only works going up at an angle of 75-90% from the area from which he starts, so cannot be used to fly horizontally. The power will also have penalties tolock on in the rain (-10%) or snow (-30%).
Bonuses: +2 to strike when aiming at a target along the surface traveled, +4 to roll with fall or impact, +4 damage for every 20mph of speed.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

i like this idea for a power, but it feels a little incomplete:

substitution (major)
"CHANGE PLACES!"
a character with this ability is able to cause himself and another person(or item of similar size) within range to simply swap locations through a minor alteration of reality. switched subjects adopt the exact pose of eachother(or as close as they can manage), but any inertia is destroyed by the switching process. so, for example, if Mary Onnet, posing dramatically, were to use this ability on Mr. Crush just as he was about to punch an innocent bystander, Mr. crush would switch places with her, with him now looking quite silly(posing dramatically) and her looking like she was about to punch the bystander, but likely not following through with it.
range: must be line of sight, up to 100 feet per level.
duration: instant effect
attacks per melee: although the effect of this ability is instant, it requires a degree of concentration, so any time the power is used, the character loses 2 melee actions.
saving throw: none, normally, but this power is ineffective on any character with teleportation powers of their own.

has anyone got any advice on how it could be improved?
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:i like this idea for a power, but it feels a little incomplete:

substitution (major)
"CHANGE PLACES!"
a character with this ability is able to cause himself and another person(or item of similar size) within range to simply swap locations through a minor alteration of reality. switched subjects adopt the exact pose of eachother(or as close as they can manage), but any inertia is destroyed by the switching process. so, for example, if Mary Onnet, posing dramatically, were to use this ability on Mr. Crush just as he was about to punch an innocent bystander, Mr. crush would switch places with her, with him now looking quite silly(posing dramatically) and her looking like she was about to punch the bystander, but likely not following through with it.
range: must be line of sight, up to 100 feet per level.
duration: instant effect
attacks per melee: although the effect of this ability is instant, it requires a degree of concentration, so any time the power is used, the character loses 2 melee actions.
saving throw: none, normally, but this power is ineffective on any character with teleportation powers of their own.

has anyone got any advice on how it could be improved?

There are actually a few Substitution Teleport powers already in the thread, one of which was posted waaaay back at the beginning...
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

here's what i've written up so far:

create imbuing agent: general abilities (major)
"heh, i got what you need."
with this ability, a character is able to create a variety of powerful compounds from his own superhuman energies. while not as potent as true imbuing compounds, they are still effective in their own way. every 6 hours, the character's body can naturally produce one dose(+1 at levels 4,8, and 12) in either a chewable pill or natural injector form(chosen by the character each time) that he or another character can use to grow more powerful temporarily. pills have a longer effect and much milder crash effects than injectors, but injectors are more potent and, of course, work instantly. all pill and injector bonuses and penalties are cumulative.
duration: once created, single doses last up to 1 week, after which time they dissolve naturally.
dose duration: pills take 1 minute to take effect and last 1d6x10 minutes +10 per level, while injectors go to work instantly, but last only 1d4 melee rounds. penalties for both last only 1 minute, but are drastically different in effect based on intake method.
attacks per melee: it takes one melee action to eat a pill or inject oneself with an injector.
pill/injector effects, followed by pill/injector crash effects:
hardbody - the user's skin, hair and nails harden into a form of natural body armor. grants a natural AR of 10 for pills and 12 for injectors. nails harden into claws, inflicting 2d6 damage for pills and 4d6 damage for injectors. for pills, the crash is a mild itching sensation as the skin returns to normal, leaving the character distracted(-1 to all combat skills, -10% to skills) for the duration. for injectors, the effects are a much more unpleasant cracking of the skin, causing 3d6 SDC damage(never hit points) on top of the effects of the pill.
steroid - the user's muscles, bones and tendons are reinforced greatly for the duration, giving the character +10 to PS, as well as bumping their strength scale up to extraordinary for pills and superhuman for injectors. for pills, the crash causes uncomfortable muscle aches and spasms, reducing their effective PS score by 5 and inflicting a -1 to strike, parry and dodge. injectors cause, in addition to the above, a measure of actual damage to the muscles, causing 1d6 hp damage and reducing the character's PE score by 3 for the duration.
reflex booster - the user's neural pathways are enhanced, causing, in their perception, the world to slow down. pills grant an additional 1 action per round and a basic auto-dodge(+0), while injectors grant an additional 2 actions and +4 to auto-dodge. crashes from the pill cause a general feeling of disorientation, causing the character to lose 1 action per round to righting himself. in addition to the above, injector crash makes the character roll a save vs. nonlethal poison(16 or better), where failure causes the character to lose consciousness for the duration.
energy booster - the user is infused with a great amount of stamina, allowing them to exert themselves at 80%(multiply spd by .8) for pills and 100 % for injectors, for the entire duration of the dose without tiring. the crash for pills causes the character mild nausea for the duration(-1 to all actions, -10% to skills), and makes them instantly hungry afterward, while injector crash adds a healthy dose of vomiting to the mix, halving the character's actions for the duration.

it's pretty similar to alter metabolism, but i've long felt that that power needed some extra oomph to it.
are there any more "general" types of effects that you can think of that i could add to fill it out further?
Last edited by znbrtn on Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Her0man0
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Her0man0 »

Accelerated Potential (Major)

This characters learning capability allows them to gets twice the amount of benefits from training as is normal for their species. This applies to both the characters body as well as the mind. While the characters stats are all rolled as normal, each skill gets double the skill percentile, double the percentile growth per level, double the bonuses from physical skills, double the bonuses from hand to hand combat, and double the bonuses applied to W.P.s. This starts at level one and applies to each new level of experience. The character also heals twice as fast as normal with S.D.C., H.P., I.S.P., and P.P.E. (doesn’t apply to healing powers other than psionics), while psionic and magic healing applied to the character heals twice the usual amount. For some reason this characters body just takes to it.
Limitations: Special abilities, including those derived from magic, psionic, genetics, alien physiology, super soldier enhancements, or ANYTHING do not get doubled. This applies to learned skills only. So while wizard’s ability to meditate might get its skill percentage doubled, the actual magic will not be affected in any way!
Last edited by Her0man0 on Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Hair Cut (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Looking sharp."

The character has razor sharp strands of hair. It can be used to stab opponents when styled as spikes or as a razor whip when grown out.
Range: Length of hair
Duration: Hair is a permanent feature of the character.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to attack with hair regardless of style.
Damage: Depends on hairstyle, selected when the character is created. Changing the style requires growing hair out or cutting it.
Spiked Hair: 2d6 per spike added to ramming damage, typically 4-6 in either a spiked mohawk or hair spikes.
Shoulder Length: Can be used as a twirling fan blade attack for 4d6 damage at a range of a foot.
Long Pony Tail: Can be used as a razor sharp whip for 3d6 damage plus PS bonus, or as fan attack as for Shoulder Length hair, for a range of 2-4 feet.
Bonuses: +2 to strike with hair, with an additional +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. Gives a Natural AR of 10 to the head.

Hair Helmet (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"Like my flat top?"

The character has extremely strong hair which serves as armor for the head (Natural AR of 14). The hair will always remain well combed, providing a PB bonus of +2. It provides a bonus to ramming attacks with the head of +1d6. Objects held in the hair require a Supernatural PS of 20 to pull out, though the character will have to problem combing it or sliding items into his hair.

Voicebox (minor) by Stone Gargoyle
"He's speechless."

The character is able to remove the vocal cords and larynx, including the Adam's Apple, of a target by touch, making them unable to speak. The voicebox will appear to be a cube when held in the character's hand. The character can then "borrow" their voice to record messages, make phone calls, etc., The voicebox will automatically be restored to the target after the duration of the power.
Range: Touch
Duration: Ten minutes, plus one minute per level
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action, making a palming skill roll to do so of 40%, plus 5% per level. A failed roll means the power does notwork.
Saving Throw: The target saves vs. magic (14 or better, PE bonus applies).
One creative use of this power is to capture a target and steal the voicebox, making it so they cannot cry out for help, and then dress them up as a female (no adam's apple) to get them past security guards.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”