Nazi's in rifts?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

abe
Hero

Nazi's in rifts?

Unread post by abe »

What would happen if a random rift sent a Nazi from ww2 to rift world?
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Misfit KotLD
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Golden God

Re: Nazi's in rifts?

Unread post by Misfit KotLD »

Squishy? That small Lazlo patrol will chew them up.
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. -- Buddha
You're going to hell...you do realize this...no? - Shadyslug
The Home of the Munchkin Fairy
t'irkm yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
'ark yd 'il kym
wyd 'il kmdb
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

They would view the CS as horribly backward and ignorant and try to improve them.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
wildhood
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Pickup my 1st Palladium RPG Book back in 1990.

Unread post by wildhood »

You think the Coalition is Nazis themselfs or American Nazis.
I don t beleive I m using my XBOX One to post on here.
Undisiplined Veritech Pilots don t pilot Veritechs they pilot Verideck.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

well if they were part of the http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thule_Society

like many of the leadership they would have ley line walker powers

or possible diabolist remeber the Nazis were very much into the occult
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

The fighter/Hitler type of Nazi of course is the type I meant. :eek:
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

was Rommel a member of the SS

that would be actually kinda of cool if played right

playing a panzer brigade trying to make it back to Germany after they realize North Africa isn't exactly conquerable. Question would be how they make it past the Phoniex Empire.

Tank ROunds still do MD though

then how would the NGR view them

heros from the past

or the worst of villians of history
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

[quote]what would happen if Robert E. Lee was rifted in?[/quote]
What would happen if Robert E.Lee was rifted in? :?:
csbioborg
Champion

Alejandro wrote:
justicar5 wrote:
csbioborg wrote:was Rommel a member of the SS

that would be actually kinda of cool if played right

playing a panzer brigade trying to make it back to Germany after they realize North Africa isn't exactly conquerable. Question would be how they make it past the Phoniex Empire.

Tank ROunds still do MD though

then how would the NGR view them

heros from the past

or the worst of villians of history

Rommel was not in the SS, he was Wehrmact(sp) regular army.

Rommel was a great tank commander in WWII, but there's problems with him coming back: mainly he'd be useless as a great tank commander because weaponry and warfare has changed greatly in the time since he walked the planet. Also, WWII shells don't do MD, only modern ones do and they barely do 1d4 MD.

Plus, Rommel only spoke German. The NGR speaks Euro, not German, so Rommel would only be able to pick up something like every 3rd word or so.

It's kinda like asking what would happen if Robert E. Lee was rifted in. Just because he was a great general then doesn't mean he'd be good now.

armor tactics have not changed at all since WWII and I doubt they will dramtically in the future. If a 50 cal burst does md then so should a old school panzer round. Maybe just 1-2 md but still md

wasn't the classical example of md shooting a tank with a pistol and not hurting it?

I don't know about Lee but if Stonewall came back he'd do great. His ablity to motivate his troops transcends tactics and stategy.
csbioborg
Champion

that's true today regarding generals

but in the rifts timeline Generals appear to be at the forefront leading armies. Besides Stonewall wouldn't get rifted in and automatically get control of all CS forces he'd find himself leading a much smaller force.
csbioborg
Champion

Alejandro wrote:
csbioborg wrote:that's true today regarding generals

but in the rifts timeline Generals appear to be at the forefront leading armies. Besides Stonewall wouldn't get rifted in and automatically get control of all CS forces he'd find himself leading a much smaller force.

If anyone even bothered following him. Remember, Stonewall was harsh disciplinarian and no group is going to let him be in charge when he knows nothing of the world around him. Given his deep religious nature and the sheer wrath of god kinda stuff that went down when the Rifts came he more than likely would be despondent and drink himself to death thinking Judgement Day had come and God had passed him over, hence his being stuck on Rifts Earth.

Even if he did get a command and try to build it, he'd never live long enough to be an effective modern commander due to just how much the battlefield has changed in regard to magic, technology, and the other races and demons that wander the world.

one of the hardest men to ever live and he'd break like that? Rifts is a comparatively easy place compared to the civil war battlefield. Ya I said it. Musket ball kill you just as easy as a laser and you don't have any armor back then.

He'd problay end up much like the Fire and Brimstone version of the Preacher OCC

the sundance kid seemed to survive alright

now you can't beat genius he'd adapt just like say the guy from demonbusters afapted and people follow those that get results. Remeber this is one of the greatest military minds in history
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Not if he came from a parallel version of earth that didn't loose technology in the middle ages.(maybe during the coming of the rifts,but not otherwise)then he might have a chance.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Lord Splynncryth wrote:People like to make mountains out of molehills. Rommel and Stonewall would have been perfectly viable after 1-2 months of instruction of modern gear. Stonewalls infiltration tactics are as sound today as they were back then, Rommels armored blitz tactics have been copy and pasted in every armored assault to date, including the Invasion of Iraq. The key to all of this is discipline and organization and that puts them automatically at an advantage of an engagement where they are fighting bandits, animalistic monsters and poorly run kingdoms which are 90 percent of the PA planet.

While the weapons of war change, some of the tactics for employing them haven't since the age of Rome.

And in the post-apocalyptic world, where most people don't have tanks, Stonewall Jackson's cav tacyics would work great with the mdc critters, cyber-horses, motorcycles, and hover-cycles that are extant in Rifts.
Also, a stern but fair commander like Jackson or Patton or Rommel is a much better general than some idiot that hands out candy and says better luck next time... those generals don't do very well in actual combat. Harsh dsciplinarians get better results, with much less loss of their own troops lives, than do generals who try to "play it safe" or get into politics.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

Alejandro wrote:
Lord_Coake wrote:
abe wrote:What would happen if a random rift sent a Nazi from ww2 to rift world?

The CS would welcome him as a brother in arms.

Why do people keep saying that he'd join the CS or the CS would welcome him? Oh wait, that's right, the CS is written as a Nazi stereotype and therefore they'd be instant soul mates. :roll:

The CS would kill him if he got near them. He's a D-Bee, remember? If you weren't born on this planet to human parents, the CS doesn't care what you believe...you're nothing to them. So no, they wouldn't welcome him and he wouldn't seek them out.

They aren't talking about real-world nazis. They are talking about the kind of nazis you see in video games. :lol:
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

what would happen? well thats depends on where on rifts earth he popped up at?
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Yeah. If he popped up in the NGR, they would be like "OMG". Then they would grill him for everything they had, and THEN try him for the war crimes he actually committed, since the NGR really doesn't like people who kill their fellow humans, and the Germans have records with backups of their backups.
Greyaxe
Champion
Comment: Role playing is not my hobby, it is my lifestyle.

Unread post by Greyaxe »

Gypsy-Dancer wrote:
abe wrote:What would happen if a random rift sent a Nazi from ww2 to rift world?

He would join the CS.

No he wouldn't. Coaliton accepts blacks, jews and other impure humans. Natzi, suck.
Sureshot wrote:Listen you young whippersnappers in my day we had to walk for 15 no 30 miles to the nearest game barefoot both ways. We had real books not PDFS and we carried them on carts we pulled ourselves that we built by hand. We had Thaco and we were happy. If we needed dice we carved ours out of wood. Petrified wood just because we could.
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist
Comment: This space for rent. Inquire within!

Unread post by cyber-yukongil v2.5 »

Alejandro wrote:
Lord_Coake wrote:

The CS would welcome him as a brother in arms.

Why do people keep saying that he'd join the CS or the CS would welcome him? Oh wait, that's right, the CS is written as a Nazi stereotype and therefore they'd be instant soul mates. :roll:

The CS would kill him if he got near them. He's a D-Bee, remember? If you weren't born on this planet to human parents, the CS doesn't care what you believe...you're nothing to them. So no, they wouldn't welcome him and he wouldn't seek them out.

what if it was just a time-shifted nazi?

I think he'd just end up another snack for some MD menace, personally.

If he were going to survive, it'd be as Al portrayed it. Evade and adapt. He may eventually find his way into the CS, as their views would most closely match his own (and humans crave the familiar), and since he looks perfectly human and is perfectly human, as long as he was smart enough not to say he fell throw some glowing blue portal, he'd probably end up a grunt in the army...again.

a big-wig like Rommel would die, very, very quickly. He'd see his first supernatural menace, that was attracted to the noise of his tank or armored division, hole up in it, hoping the thing would just go away or even god-forbid fire on it, and then be utterly surprised and shortly dead when the thing rips through his armor like cheap one-ply tissue paper (the kind without aloe).
"A society that gets rid of all its troublemakers goes downhill." ~ Heinlein

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

csbioborg wrote:that's true today regarding generals

but in the rifts timeline Generals appear to be at the forefront leading armies.

Only because it's one of many, many areas where the Rule Of Cool has trumped common sense :D
thedrunk
Explorer
Comment: Friendly Fire™
"Combat With a Smile"
A Ensite Para-Military Corperation

Unread post by thedrunk »

for one being a tru Nazi and beliving in Nazi stuffs means ur a seperatist, you keeop your blood pure from other "races" as we call them in the real world. in Rift's a SS nazi would not join the cs for they would seek out thier own kind german folk not just human, once he found out that "old Germany" no longer exists with pure germans from the cocus mountians then he would find pure germans and rebuild the german empire or die.the Nazi belifs have been brain washed in to the soldiers since child hood. I am talking about torture techniques of breaking ones mind and implamenting what they belive. ( ie. Jason Born type of brain washing) they are so radical that normal humanity morals are so lost that the thought of skinning a baby of a different race is liek the cs front soldier killing a D-Bee baby.

as far as if the Nazi was accepted, the tactical knowledge he would have would place him in a tranning camp he would learn about mordern military componets and then adapt them to his tactics along with modern tactics, he would never see a field of battle the knowledge he holds of Pre-Rift's would be worth too much to any faction to risk his life. just think about all the Nazi from ww2 gave the world.... medicins we use this day surgical procedures and technology that are still done as in ww2 as they are done today and probley tommorow.

I mean think a underground bunker of pre-rifts artifact's OMG german spoils never recovered OMG $$$$$$ and exspecially BOOK's the old lititure writings that where took and never burnt. ( only bible and jew philosophy was burned with the jews and Nazi's let blacks travel with in germany and entertain with permit's)

but if the CS got ahold of him then he would probley be anal probeb and mind F&%^ed and put in the vault of forbidden knowledge.......
"when in doubt, do it. It's much easier to appolige than to get permission."
- Admiral Grace Murray Hopper

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
thedrunk
Explorer
"Combat With a Smile"

Alejandro wrote:
thedrunk wrote:for one being a tru Nazi and beliving in Nazi stuffs means ur a seperatist, you keeop your blood pure from other "races" as we call them in the real world. in Rift's a SS nazi would not join the cs for they would seek out thier own kind german folk not just human, once he found out that "old Germany" no longer exists with pure germans from the cocus mountians then he would find pure germans and rebuild the german empire or die.the Nazi belifs have been brain washed in to the soldiers since child hood. I am talking about torture techniques of breaking ones mind and implamenting what they belive. ( ie. Jason Born type of brain washing) they are so radical that normal humanity morals are so lost that the thought of skinning a baby of a different race is liek the cs front soldier killing a D-Bee baby.

as far as if the Nazi was accepted, the tactical knowledge he would have would place him in a tranning camp he would learn about mordern military componets and then adapt them to his tactics along with modern tactics, he would never see a field of battle the knowledge he holds of Pre-Rift's would be worth too much to any faction to risk his life. just think about all the Nazi from ww2 gave the world.... medicins we use this day surgical procedures and technology that are still done as in ww2 as they are done today and probley tommorow.

I mean think a underground bunker of pre-rifts artifact's OMG german spoils never recovered OMG $$$$$$ and exspecially BOOK's the old lititure writings that where took and never burnt. ( only bible and jew philosophy was burned with the jews and Nazi's let blacks travel with in germany and entertain with permit's)

but if the CS got ahold of him then he would probley be anal probeb and mind F&%^ed and put in the vault of forbidden knowledge.......

The hell are you smoking and do you plan on sharing with the class?

nvm probley over most peoples heads.......

but the nazi would join a mixed "race" as we view races in the real world not rift's world, he would rather try to convert tru germans to the nazi cause.

if he did look for acceptance his knowledge would be too rare to risk putting on front line his role would be as instructor.
reason I say this is for tactics of roman empire are still taught in officer AIT school this day. along with mid evil times and various hostoric tactics, there would be no differance in Rift's, except there is a lack of history, with this lack of history makes a ww2 nazi extreamly valabule....

and read up on axis side specially what technologies where discovered by nazi's that are used today.
and hitler's whoel beef was keeping ones blood line pure ie. german mates with german, spainish with spainish, french with french, hebrew with hebrew. and not all hebrews where thrown to the carrals and fire pits only the jewish religion hebrews where prosucuted....

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and im not shure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist

unless any of these people land in Rifts earth next to an unopened crate of MDC body armor and weaponry, with instructions. They have less chance of survival than a normal non-MDC inhabitant of earth. They are woefully unprepared, underequipped and with no understanding that the laws of reality they are accostomed to have been violated like a drunken prom date.

If they somehow manage to avoid being somethings supper (which we assume they will, for sake of argument) then I imagine they will do okay as they are already an experienced soldier.

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations. ~some unnamed joker
cyber-yukongil v2.5
Sosyourfacist

well, he is "thedrunk" what do you expect? At least he's not eating peanuts off the floor again :P

Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

I think for starters a nazi's views on race might change. When the entire species is being threatened by the arrival of alien beings from other dimensions, it's time to start prioritising. Survival of the species first, lebensraum for the Aryans and the containment of inferior ethnicities second. Except for jews of course, since Nazi ideology revolved around the idea that the jews were actively conspiring to debase and destroy western civilization and that the nation could not safely wage war against its enemies unless it rooted out the deadly enemy within. So as long as he can find an all-human society to live in and they're not to in your face about interracial relationships, he probably wouldn't be too disappointed by the fact that not all of his neighbours are pure Aryan stock.

When it comes to other species though he'll probably be very much a take no prisoners kind of a guy, and will doubtless try and convince everyone that various evil menaces are either conspiring with the jews or (if they're really really powerful evil menaces) worshipped by the jews.
csbioborg
Champion

still I'm not sure about the CS thing

high ranking members of the national socialist party were

fascinated with the occult. It is highly possible the individuals would stay away from the CS becasue it would stimy their spiritual growth.
thedrunk
Explorer
"Combat With a Smile"

Alejandro wrote:
thedrunk wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
thedrunk wrote:for one being a tru Nazi and beliving in Nazi stuffs means ur a seperatist, you keeop your blood pure from other "races" as we call them in the real world. in Rift's a SS nazi would not join the cs for they would seek out thier own kind german folk not just human, once he found out that "old Germany" no longer exists with pure germans from the cocus mountians then he would find pure germans and rebuild the german empire or die.the Nazi belifs have been brain washed in to the soldiers since child hood. I am talking about torture techniques of breaking ones mind and implamenting what they belive. ( ie. Jason Born type of brain washing) they are so radical that normal humanity morals are so lost that the thought of skinning a baby of a different race is liek the cs front soldier killing a D-Bee baby.

The hell are you smoking and do you plan on sharing with the class?

nvm probley over most peoples heads.......

but the nazi would join a mixed "race" as we view races in the real world not rift's world, he would rather try to convert tru germans to the nazi cause.

if he did look for acceptance his knowledge would be too rare to risk putting on front line his role would be as instructor.
reason I say this is for tactics of roman empire are still taught in officer AIT school this day. along with mid evil times and various hostoric tactics, there would be no differance in Rift's, except there is a lack of history, with this lack of history makes a ww2 nazi extreamly valabule....

and read up on axis side specially what technologies where discovered by nazi's that are used today.
and hitler's whoel beef was keeping ones blood line pure ie. german mates with german, spainish with spainish, french with french, hebrew with hebrew. and not all hebrews where thrown to the carrals and fire pits only the jewish religion hebrews where prosucuted....

It wasn't over my head it just seems like a ton of rambling, half-truths, and outright fiction. Brainwashed from childhood? The entire Nazi government was only around for 12 years and I've never heard anything once about SS troops being tortured to make them believe anything. I'd honestly like to know where you got this info as well as the idea that an infantryman would hold the knowledge of medicines and surgical procedures of his time. Nevermind that the CS already has the IRMSS which completely invalidates any kind of surgery he would know of even if he was a WWII-era surgeon. There's just so much stuff that makes absolutely no sense in what you're saying that I have to ask a simple question:

Just what exactly do you think a WWII Nazi infantryman knew?
a infantry nazi si different form a SS soldier and I was stating facts of discoveries that nazi brought to them and depending on thier mos depends on what the SS soldier knew and why he would be of value, a infantry man would not be rendered a value acuasition.....

and thier my peanuts on my floor!

Yes I do know about nazi regime. and the training of troops and selective breeding started way before the nazi where a threat, also yes to create the super trooper they used the same crap as what is shown on born ultimatume hwo jason born was trained... water sensory depression, brain washing, sugested imigary...............

I do have a problem where I have a hard time typing what I am trying to explain and yes most was rambling but rambling fact. there is a big difference between line soldiers and SS though

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Otto Skorzeny would probably have the best chance of surviving in Rifts. He would lay low in the new unfamiliar territory, and try to find some modern weapons. He might investigate the CS, since as commonly portrayed, they do have a lot in common with the Nazis. He would porbably wind up forming his own mercenary unit, though, if he lived long enough. He could probably find mages and such who possessed a mindset similar to his. If he appeared in the NGR, he would be in slightly more familiar territory, at speak the language. I never agreed with the idea of everyone in Europe speaking Euro. If they were moving toward a common language, that all went down the tubes when the international tensions flared up again. People in Europe speak many different languages now; I doubt this will change that much in the next 90 years. I doubt Skorzeny would organize or join a neo-Nazi movement, he would just keep his nose clean, and just hope nobody found out who he really was. If any neo-Nazi movements survived the Cataclysm, and they found out about Skorzeny, they might regard him as a sort of "living saint."
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

csbioborg wrote:still I'm not sure about the CS thing

fascinated with the occult. It is highly possible the individuals would stay away from the CS becasue it would stimy their spiritual growth.

Plus, if something promised them power that supposedly came courtesy of their natural superiority, they'd jump at it...after all, they'd already sold their souls to Hitler for advantage....In for a penny, in for a pound, and they'd (publicly) deny they were doing anything wrong up until the very end...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

csbioborg wrote:still I'm not sure about the CS thing

Some high-ranking nazis were fascinated by the occult, others quite rightly thought it was a load of baloney, and none of that Thule Society silliness ever became anything close to official doctrine. I'm willing to bet that if our hypothetical loyal servant of the Third Reich suddenly appeared in a future Earth where civilization had been destroyed by magic, magical creatures were using magic to enslave and kill humans, and the greatest bastions of human superiority on the planet treated magic with suspicion, he'd fall right into line with the CS and reject magic as an abomination that threatens the purity and very existence of the human race.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

They might also try to bring back hitler to riftworld!
Overlord Rikonius
Hero
Comment: I'm basically a sexy Rasputin!

Unread post by Overlord Rikonius »

duck-foot wrote:
Alejandro wrote:
amodernheathen wrote:Couple of things.
1. Most members of the Nazi party weren't evil, just scared schmucks desperate for meaning.
2. Most of the humans living and breathing in Rifts don't even have as much as a laser pistol or vibro-knife, MD technology is not as common as some seem to think, and many of the people surviving without MD military technology are, surprisingly, surviving without MD military technology. This is mostly because the Supernatural Menace is not, unlike the dirty Commie bastids, hiding behind every rock and third tree.

Honestly, most WWII era soldiers are at least clever enough to come in out of the rain and beg the villagers for help once he realized he was in a strange place. In all honestly, if a German soldier from WWII was rifted in, he would probably live a happy life as a farmer, just like he was doing 3 years ago before the war.

I already brought this point up but the poster wanted the stereotypical baby-kicking & jew-burning Nazi SS soldier you read about in Captain America issues, not your average Nazi member.

well if thats what the poster wanted. then no he wouldnt fall in line with the CS because they accept jews, slavs, blacks and any other type of Human

Ancestral jews but not religious jews, right? I mean, doesn't the CS dislike religion because of the supernatural aspect to it?
GP: 16,019.8 / JP: 30 / MZP: 75
"Overlord Rikonius is the Roland Deschain of Bad Puns, he fires them off that fast" - CornholioPrime
"Rik is a deep and abundant reservoir of cool..." - Yisterwald
Party hydrants strive when they have a sorority backed by beige regurgitations.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Ancestral jews but not religious jews, right? I mean, doesn't the CS dislike religion because of the supernatural aspect to it?

Acturally that's quite correct.
csbioborg
Champion

1. Most members of the Nazi party weren't evil, just scared schmucks desperate for meaning.
2. Most of the humans living and breathing in Rifts don't even have as much as a laser pistol or vibro-knife, MD technology is not as common as some seem to think, and many of the people surviving without MD military technology are, surprisingly, surviving without MD military technology. This is mostly because the Supernatural Menace is not, unlike the dirty Commie bastids, hiding behind every rock and third tree.

Honestly, most WWII era soldiers are at least clever enough to come in out of the rain and beg the villagers for help once he realized he was in a strange place. In all honestly, if a German soldier from WWII was rifted in, he would probably live a happy life as a farmer, just like he was doing 3 years ago before the war.

while this is the most likely and sensebily scenario
I will disagree just because I don't like roleplaying raising crops and animals :)
csbioborg
Champion

amodernheathen wrote:
csbioborg wrote:

while this is the most likely and sensebily scenario
I will disagree just because I don't like roleplaying raising crops and animals :)

This is a sensible argument well grounded in logic and reason. I now see my error. In that case, he'd likely start by trying to liberate Atlantis, as Atlantis is where hitler thought the Ancestors of the Germans were from! lol. We won't get into the historical fallacies that allowed English archaeologists to convert a Vedic turn of phrase into the Master Race, cause that is a rant that is deeply not German, or even germane, to this thread. :nh:

now we are talking. While we are at are trooper will be instrumental in liberating both the people of the Phoniex Empire and defeating the NGR
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Well...that depends. Are we talking about a bad guy nazi or a good guy nazi? :roll:

Seriously, providing he survived the culture shock, and didn't get eaten or raped by some supernatural baddie, he do what any 20th century character would do. Adapt and try to survive. I actuall like the farmer idea. He would likely try to find a safe place to start a new life.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

Hmmm...anyone read Watch on the Rhine by John Ringo?

I havn't.
taalismn
Priest

I dunno...the idea of Hitler Reborn being crushed into a grease stain by an Israeli Star of David-insignia'ed Iron Juggernaught or Super-Golem has a certain appeal, no?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Crucible
Champion

Unread post by Crucible »

They would worship Odin.
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Playing Rifts with your five older children, PRICELESS.

See My New Campaign in story form
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=126287
taalismn
Priest

Add to the BLitzkrieg equation the use of hovertanks and other vehicles that can maneuver quickly through marshes and other previously unpassable soft terrain(and, if the water is calm enough, go across bodies of water, and your old Panzer-jockey is in maneuver heaven...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Crucible
Champion

They world create the Asgardian Socialist Republic. (acronym would be A.S.R. pronounced Aesir)
L-20 Pulse Rifle=25,000 Credits, Plastic Man Full Environmental Armor=18,000 Credits, Speedster Hovercycle w/Nuclear power and Laser=461,000 Credits.

Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Sigh. Hitler and the SS. Putting the Ass in Asgard.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

According to the Games designer .. KS himself .. the CS are the new Nazi's ..
Crucible
Champion

Balabanto wrote:Sigh. Hitler and the SS. Putting the Ass in Asgard.

They already have. If you didn't know then I don't know what to tell you.

taalismn
Priest

SS---Strictly Stinkers....

Ironically, for all the talk of racial purity, they were all too eager to accept the Eastern European and Finn elements that hated the Russians/Communists more than they did the Germans...and many of these recruits were as bad as the ethnic Germans were, with regards to abusing the civilians...
Racial and religious intolerance indeed, but there was a tolerance for thugs....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Crucible
Champion

taalismn wrote:SS---Strictly Stinkers....

Ironically, for all the talk of racial purity, they were all too eager to accept the Eastern European and Finn elements that hated the Russians/Communists more than they did the Germans...and many of these recruits were as bad as the ethnic Germans were, with regards to abusing the civilians...
Racial and religious intolerance indeed, but there was a tolerance for thugs....
Hitler himself was half Jew and Mussolini was part Moor.

Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Crucible wrote:
taalismn wrote:SS---Strictly Stinkers....

Hitler himself was half Jew and Mussolini was part Moor.

Not sure about the Mussolini one,but you might want to check your facts regarding Hitler.There have unsubstantiated rumors that he had a Jewish grandfather, but that is it.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Iron Manticore wrote:However, to just make the declaration that "Hitler was a half jew" almost proves your agreement with him that to be jewish is something heriditary that passes down. It's a religion, not a race, or an ethnicity, or a species. Saying Hitler was a "jew" because of his parents is just as absurd as saying I'm half catholic.

"jew" was actually a hereditary thing long before it was a religion thing. specifically, it refers to someone who is descended from Judah, the second son of Israel (who was also known as Jacob) by his first wife (Leah, as i recall). it is a relatively recent event that it came to be a way of referring to someone of a particular religion. as such saying someone is "half Jewish" can be used in exactly the same way as saying someone is "half Polish" or "half Irish" or "Half Chinese" and so forth.

[/tangent]
Crucible
Champion

Iron Manticore wrote:Yah...to answer the Hitler was a jew thing...his grandmother was a housegirl for a rich Austrian jewish gentleman who is speculated to have been an adulterer...so going with that approach, there is a possibility that Hitler's father may actually be the biological son of this person and not her husband.

However, to just make the declaration that "Hitler was a half jew" almost proves your agreement with him that to be jewish is something heriditary that passes down. It's a religion, not a race, or an ethnicity, or a species. Saying Hitler was a "jew" because of his parents is just as absurd as saying I'm half catholic.

Boy are you annoying. Then my son is not part Jew? Thats what his grandfather was saying, even though now some guy who finds every post I make and tries to correct me told me different. Bill Maher claims to be only half Jew, why?

I knew before I posted that what I was saying about ole Adolph was messed up, but it was done out of spite for Adolph know how he'd be turning over in his grave. Mussolini may or may not have been part Moor. I don't care honestly. I know that I am part Moor. Bottom line, it was an unnecessary remark and it doesn't matter.

I am Igbo, Moorish, and maybe white somewhere. My kids are the Rainbow Coalition. We have Jewish, Gypsy, Romani by way of two of my childrens mother. My two step girls are Korean and German-Jew. My two (almost 3) with my wife are Igbo, Moorish, and Ethiopian.

The dude was evil, hypocritical, deranged, and twisted.

Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

duck-foot wrote:you know that actually makes since. i could see the nazi ideolagy taking a back burner to survival. especially if its your own and the only person saving you is black or other non-white. that goes along with the thing i said about the middle east. when the rifts come and demons are trying to kill you relegion isnt matter. arabics and isrealies would come togather to fight them off.

I don't think thats entirely true. I could easily see one group blaming the other for bringing them en and refusing to join up.

Return to “Rifts®”