Zombabies?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Re: Zombabies?

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Situation: Your party finds itself in a huge hospital. They've managed to lock the place down, the only problem is dealing with the maternity ward. What kind of horror factor save vs insanity rolls for having to clear out a maternity ward full of zombabies?

9-Iron or Swing blade, either works.

basically you have a ward full of strength 2 crawlers with no bite attack, but they can howl and there are allot of them in that maternity ward so while they cannot hurt you they can draw every zombie for miles with their caterwauling.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

My saving throw is a .45 applied to their forehead, QED.

If you have a problem killing zombies of any type, you wouldn't still be alive when DR takes place, 5 months in.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I just had a Scary thought...

If you and your survivors actually have allot of ammunition and a good defensive position then a zombie baby can actually be helpful.

First freeze a zombaby in a freezer.

Then keep it on ice till you want zombies to come after you.

thaw the zombaby and let it howl for a while.

shoot and detonate explosives to kill zombies that respond to the howl.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Ooh, I like that idea Rat. Maybe hang it by a rope around its ankle, dangling somewhere off the edge of your fortification kinda like a fishing line. When you're done luring, reel it in, toss it back in the freezer, and have a pleasant evening.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

Mmm maybe. One thing to keep in mind if you actually put yourself in your character shoes, there is going to be a certain amount of psychological trauma to most people in a zombie post apocalyptic situation, a zombie babies is going to make it that much worse. Not saying your character couldn't or wouldn't, but its going to take a cold, cold person or someone with psychological problems to do the freezer trick and not simply put one down quickly. Were not talking about some alien bug species that is trying to eat us, we are talking about formerly humans and in this case a formerly human infant.
-Matt
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

personally i would kill them all, but if the conditions were right it might be a good plan to do as sick as it sounds.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

The bones of infants are particularly soft (even Zombie Infants), indeed the skull doesn't completely fuse for a few years (?) after birth.
Just put on your golf spikes and go head stomping.
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Teltum
D-Bee

Unread post by Teltum »

This is slightly off topic, however, I feel that a hypothetical answer to a hypothetical question would be well posed here.

Please note that this is truly a disturbing question. Really it is.

Spoiler:
What if a woman with child has a miscarriage in the presence of zombies (it would be a seemingly plausible occurrence given that zombies can kick your butt). Would the fetus then try and kill the mother from the inside out? Or since its' brain is not fully developed would it just thrash about?

Sorry, but it seems a solid question. And starting a new thread for it seems redundant.
Sorry, just to note, "Napalm" is a cop-out. It has always been and always will be the second coolest method of killing zombies. Right behind the chainsaw.
Teltum
D-Bee

Unread post by Teltum »

Yes and no, she was a zombie and the baby was a zombie. I am talking human and zombie.
Sorry, just to note, "Napalm" is a cop-out. It has always been and always will be the second coolest method of killing zombies. Right behind the chainsaw.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Tough question, but legit. The answer would probably be related to one's views on when life starts, which is a whole political minefield I suggest we not touch. Suffice to say, those who feel that a fetus is alive as an independant entity could conclude that if the zombies physically "killed" the fetus, but did not kill the expectant mother for whatever reason, a zombaby could reanimate internally. If that happened, then yes, the zombaby would attempt to kill the mother. Those who don't see a fetus as an independant entity would likely conclude that there is not a sufficient structure in place to reanimate, so no zombaby would occur.
Ronin Shinobi
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Sportsmeister and Mr.Sports of sound off, endorsed by cornholioprime

Unread post by Ronin Shinobi »

Just take a basebal bat or even a a lead pipe and go to town.
Showoff often leads to showdown
Svartalf- Shinobi, You're twisted
Mack- I'm constantly amazed at what people will put their energy into. This planet needs more predators.
Saitou Hajime- What kind of Americian are you?
Shadyslug- Good question
ZorValachan
Adventurer

Unread post by ZorValachan »

You all are thinking with cocky player attitude, not devious GM attitude.

You don't just have a Zombaby. It's a pretty zombaby. So it looks like a normal infant. A thinker places it in a nice locale. One of those new imitation zombies from the Rifter makes nice little baby noises. Players come to save it. Crawlers under the bed come out, fast runners from above the drop ceiling. all feed. Zombaby refreshes and continues to look like new. repeat.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Teltum wrote:What if a woman with child has a miscarriage in the presence of zombies (it would be a seemingly plausible occurrence given that zombies can kick your butt).

Nopers. In DR, the Zombies gotta do the killing (to get that sweet sweet double PPE), then the murdered person rises as a zombie (or crawls, as the case may be).

Teltum wrote:Would the fetus then try and kill the mother from the inside out? Or since its' brain is not fully developed would it just thrash about?

Naw, it'd behave like a little zombie (a little sloucher, crawler, etc)... OOO!! Baby Thinker Zombie!!!

ZorValachan wrote:You all are thinking with cocky player attitude, not devious GM attitude.

You don't just have a Zombaby. It's a pretty zombaby. So it looks like a normal infant. A thinker places it in a nice locale. One of those new imitation zombies from the Rifter makes nice little baby noises. Players come to save it. Crawlers under the bed come out, fast runners from above the drop ceiling. all feed. Zombaby refreshes and continues to look like new. repeat.

:shock:
Freaking BRILLIANT! I only regret that I cannot use it as my players read these forums.
:twisted:
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

If you guys have seen the Dawn of the Dead remake, then you'll have seen a zombie baby!!
They can't see me...Right!?
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Im reading "Day by Day Apocalypse Armageddon" by JL Bourne.
Zombie story told in journal style, quite a good read. It depicts a scene in which the protagonist has to dispatch a zombie infant (strapped in a child's car seat).
Knife.

Which makes me start to wonder... shouldn't there be a higher percentage of infant and child zombies? They have higher PPE than adults (and therefore glow brighter to Zombies) and small humans are less able to defend themselves... Zombie Day Care!!! :twisted:

cheerfully edited to correct my erronious title!
Last edited by asajosh on Thu Jan 14, 2010 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carl

Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Five months after the wave there should be a whole lot of zombie children and unless the players have been in caves the whole five months they should be used to dispatching zombie children by now.

asajosh wrote:Im reading "Day by Day Apocalypse" by JL Bourne.
Zombie story told in journal style, quite a good read. It depicts a scene in which the protagonist has to dispatch a zombie infant (strapped in a child's car seat).
Knife.

It's Day by Day Armageddon.
It was an ok book up to the chapter "Atlantis", then just couldn't stand the huh???? moments anymore.
Last straw: An operational Minuteman III silo SW of Houston, Texas.
It's nice the author, a Naval Officer by the way took the time to do research. :roll:
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Gamer wrote:Five months after the wave there should be a whole lot of zombie children and unless the players have been in caves the whole five months they should be used to dispatching zombie children by now.

asajosh wrote:Im reading "Day by Day Apocalypse" by JL Bourne.
Knife.

It's Day by Day Armageddon.
It was an ok book up to the chapter "Atlantis", then just couldn't stand the huh???? moments anymore.
Last straw: An operational Minuteman III silo SW of Houston, Texas.
It's nice the author, a Naval Officer by the way took the time to do research. :roll:

Thanks for the correction (edited above), but I'm only up to the January 25th entry, so hush! :)
Carl

Return to “Dead Reign™”