What's your "Zombie Plan"?

You are on your own. The Army is MIA and our government is gone! There are no communications of any kind. Cities and towns have gone dark, and zombies fill the streets. The dead have risen and it would seem to be the end of the world. Help me, Mommy!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

What's your "Zombie Plan"?

Try to take out as many as I can while others find a cure
9%
Save as many innocents as I can and try to find a cure
6%
Try to stay alive while I look for help. There may be a lot of them, but zombies are slow
15%
Spend the days killing zombies for fun
5%
Find a way to control the zombies so that I can rule over them
4%
Bunker down in my bomb shelter with my stash of supplies and a shotgun
15%
Listen to the radio. Hold out for rescue
No votes
Take it one day at a time
28%
Why would I have a plan? I unleashed the virus!
4%
Relocate to Alaska, zombies lack the body heat necessary to survive the extreme cold
14%

Total votes: 79

psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Re: What's your "Zombie Plan"?

Unread post by psam_rage »

Ninjapuppy wrote:It may be a little big, but even if it's run aground or is anchored in shallow water, The walls are so steep, I don't think that any Zombie will be climbing up it. I don't know how good swimmers they are, but the ocean sure makes a great moat! Even if it doesn't work anymore, you can always grow crops on it's surface and and live inside it's double skinned hull! A few fishing boats might mean having to get used to sea food, but it's better than being Zombie food! Just make sure you get it out to the tropics somewhere!

http://i927.photobucket.com/albums/ad11 ... AbQaiq.jpg

Don't forget to bring a few friends!

I had this Idea too... it got shot down. If there is a storm and you get a lot of salt water in the soil, there gos your crops.
psam_rage
Explorer
Comment: I like to go off on tangents! It gives people a better Idea of what I envision so we can be on the same footing.

Unread post by psam_rage »

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:Oh, could you guys post some GPS coordinates for where you'll be hiding out? :twisted:

Is S90 a good enough hint for you?
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by ZeroArmour »

I've been thinking lately about those big concrete drainage sections. If you got a whole bunch of them, turned them ontheir end (so they were kinda like a flower pot) and filled them with "dirt" (soil, gravel, stone, whatever) they'ed make a pretty good wall. Some types of sewer pipe I've seen are about 3m (10ft) long by something like 2.5 wide.

Once you've got a solid wall between you and the zombies you can make a pretty nice home for yourself.
"That's the second biggest dragon I've ever seen"
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Geronimo 2.0 wrote:
A'Zule wrote:I've been thinking lately about those big concrete drainage sections. If you got a whole bunch of them, turned them ontheir end (so they were kinda like a flower pot) and filled them with "dirt" (soil, gravel, stone, whatever) they'ed make a pretty good wall. Some types of sewer pipe I've seen are about 3m (10ft) long by something like 2.5 wide.

Once you've got a solid wall between you and the zombies you can make a pretty nice home for yourself.

Until a kid, or an idiot, or a crazy person screws it up by finding the one flawed/overlooked part of your defenses.
It always happens in every movie.

Well, in that case nothing will work and were all doooooooooomed!
Nightbreed
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Nightbreed »

A'Zule wrote:
Geronimo 2.0 wrote:
A'Zule wrote:I've been thinking lately about those big concrete drainage sections. If you got a whole bunch of them, turned them ontheir end (so they were kinda like a flower pot) and filled them with "dirt" (soil, gravel, stone, whatever) they'ed make a pretty good wall. Some types of sewer pipe I've seen are about 3m (10ft) long by something like 2.5 wide.

Until a kid, or an idiot, or a crazy person screws it up by finding the one flawed/overlooked part of your defenses.

Well, it's said that death IS only the beginning. ;) :lol: :twisted:
ZeroArmour
Dungeon Crawler

Nightbreed wrote:
A'Zule wrote:
Geronimo 2.0 wrote:

Well, it's said that death IS only the beginning. ;) :lol: :twisted:

And don't forget, "They're coming to get you!"
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

me? i just going out to kill as many as I can before I die
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Sir Blayse »

I'd raid a few feed stores and tractor supply/home depot type locations, then head for Lake Texoma. I could take the boat and use it to get back and forth from one of the larger islands- which are totally unihabited. I could set up a small farm and even fish for food. There are plenty of resort around this area that could be raided from a boat, it might even be a good idea to gather a few extra boats and dock them at the island. Some of these places are really remote and should not have a lot zed infestation. Plus, I'm pretty much prepared for the end of the world and have plenty of ammo and guns of all types. I even happen to have a competition katana sword. I guess it would be nice to acquire some blasting materials around that time, just in case you need something more powerful. I'm pretty good at gardening, especially tomatoes, corn, and squash. The area here has a lot of good game hunting areas, and as before is rather remote. I'd probably hunt by trapping though- no since in wasting my ammo, though I might pick up hunting with a bow.

I would also have to gather up a few of my ex-army buddies, the firefighter, and the ex-cop- all would be really useful for surviving. The women would probably have to learn how to live without TV and do some gardening.
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

See...here's my plan for when Zak comes.

I go to where I plan on going. The place is about 3-4 stories tall and made of brick. It has lots of windows but that's okay, you should see how much plywood and 2x4's I have in my garage...seriously. It's the place to go for national and/or global unrest. My friends and I have alrady agreed that it's the place to go and we will meet there. Zak is just one more problem in that equasion. The occupant of this place...well, we won't talk about the occupant, but it will be our holdout.

The place is quite close to a wheat field (a stone's thow away...for John Elway). One of my close friends is a farmer. We both know how to make bread from raw wheat. Cattle are nearby. Many of my other friends and I have experience in Ranching, Butchering and Cooking. One of us is a general contractor and 2 of us are in construction...yeah...we're a bit crazy. But like they always say, if you're prepared for zombies, you're prepared for anything.

The weapons we'll use, well it will be what we have...which is enough. For killing Zak, we'll just use .22's from the rooftops, but it's the non .22's...Well that's for our food and defense.

Pretty much we're goin to hold out, build numbers, and slowly but surely create our own society. A society free of idiots, run the way we've envisioned it.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

I'm not sure if a .22 could do much to kill a zed. If you have a chance I'd get a .270, this bolt-action should be more than enough. Also, it is a common hunting rifle and you can get plenty of ammo. Just remember to stock up now on ammo. Ammo is already getting scarce in our area just from the President scare. I have 9mm pistols, but I'm having a hard time getting more decent ammo. You can still get the cheap stuff, but Hydroshocks are nearly non-existent. Wheat is ok, but you might look into growing corn as well. You can do a lot more with corn- you might even look into making ethanol fuel. That is something I had not look into before, but is an option. I think I'd rather learn how to make cooking oils and then setup some kind of bio-diesel refinery. I would also suggest learning how to can items.
I ride for the poor, the sick, the ignorant, and the downtrodden. I fight for good and for the justice of those in need... And I will die with knowledge that I have done all I can and have no regrets!-Sir Blayse
Aaryq
Adventurer

Unread post by Aaryq »

Sir Blayse wrote:I'm not sure if a .22 could do much to kill a zed. If you have a chance I'd get a .270, this bolt-action should be more than enough. Also, it is a common hunting rifle and you can get plenty of ammo. Just remember to stock up now on ammo. Ammo is already getting scarce in our area just from the President scare. I have 9mm pistols, but I'm having a hard time getting more decent ammo. You can still get the cheap stuff, but Hydroshocks are nearly non-existent. Wheat is ok, but you might look into growing corn as well. You can do a lot more with corn- you might even look into making ethanol fuel. That is something I had not look into before, but is an option. I think I'd rather learn how to make cooking oils and then setup some kind of bio-diesel refinery. I would also suggest learning how to can items.

.22LR Can mess up someone's brain. That's all it takes for Zak. It gives you bulk purchasing power...well maybe not anymore but I've got about 12,000 on hand so that should do me for a bit...that's just the bulk bricks....But .22LR is low recoil, low noise and accurate enough at a short range. Read World War Z. It's a great book.
.270...no...I don't have a purpose for it now. I've got my bases covered for personal defence, home defence, hunting and sport.
I hate to say I told you so...but the "Messiah" screwed everything up. That's why I soldily maintain at least 1,000 centerfire per gun. Obama was elected, ammo ran short, and I was inconvienenced, not put back.
With regards to corn...it's definately a possibility. I will definatley put that into my list of things to discuss with my people.
Remember, when the ammunition becomes available and decently priced, buy it cheap and stack it deep.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Sir Blayse
Dungeon Crawler

I've got the Zombie Survival Guide, it was great. Now I'm going to get the WW: Z book. Personally I would rather have the larger bullet, but the .22 could be a decent backup- for silent attack I'd go with a bow and arrow with molotov attached.
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Bunker down in the hydroelectric damn outside my hometown.

The whole facility has only a few entry points and is concrete so is well suited to defense. The turbine room is about 100 meters long and could easiliy be turned into a hydroponic farm (unlimited electricity for indoor lights and water pumps), storage area, water treatment plant, chicken coop/rabbit hutch, and even living quarters though I would probably use the office area for that as it better suited for it.

There is water everywhere so plenty of water for drinking, waste removal, and fishing, heck there is even a GFP fish hatchery about 1 mile away overland.

There is a golf course up on top of the bluffs about 1/8th mile away that could be used for grazing land or gardning large scale, and a frisbee golf couse about 3/4 a mile away that I would probably keep maintained since I really like to play frisbee golf (much more than regular golf).

The steep sides of the earthen part of the dam would be impossible to farm but would be good for grazing animals like sheep and probably cows.

Lots of homes that are not "in town" so zombie population would be limited but supplies would be easily accessable. Also the town its near is only about 5 miles away so it would be within easy bike distance and has 2 bridges so one could always be used as a zombie fire trap (as I've outlined on another thread) without risk of cutting off easy access at that point (but even if you dropped both bridges the dam would provide access to either side of the river).

So many benefits really, It would for sure be my first choice.
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg

Return to “Dead Reign™”