NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by taalismn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
Super-Matter Expulsion (Major) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by znbrtn

2. Absorb and Expel Matter: The character can absorb objects and melee weapons if they strike for less than 80 damage, pulling them into himself and then shooting them back out. The absorption of the object will stop any resulting trauma or bleeding since they never penetrate the skin.
Range: 60 feet, plus 10 feet per level of experience
Duration: Instant.
Damage: Normal expulsion: 3d6 plus 1d6 per level
Super-Expulsion: 1d6X10+1d6 per level (+30 damage for characters 6th level or higher), but must be done as the character's first attack and uses up all but one of the character's attacks for the melee round.
Attacks per Melee: Each normal blast uses one melee attack/action. Attacks can be done as a spray attack (with granular or particulate matter) on multiple targets only using one attack/action.
Bonuses: +3 for an aimed shot, +1 for wild or spraying shot.
Deadly Limitation: Absorbing sharp objects do half their normal damage directly to Hit Points.

"Hey...whow! Nice rocket-propelled grenade, dude, but I think you're going to want it back! Here you go!"
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Armor Vehicle (Major)
"She's tougher than she looks."

The character can alter the features of his vehicle while sitting in it or touching it.

1. Armor: When the character touches it, a force bubble surrounds the vehicle. The vehicle gains +5 AR at first level, plus an additional point of AR at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The vehicle also gains an additional 50 SDC per level of the character, which protects the character as a force field. The vehicle becomes watertight even when the windows are rolled down or there is no roof.

2. Trick My Ride: The vehicle gains +5% fuel efficiency per level, +10% to its maximum speed, and provides its user with a +10% bonus to piloting it. The vehicle is also converted to appear however the character likes (decals, trim, colors, etc.), giving it an Awe Factor of 12, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The illusion's of the appearance will remain on the vehicle even when the character is away from it for a duration of one hour per level, after which it will revert to normal.

3. Other Bonuses: The character can select 3 additional piloting skills from Basic or Advanced regardless of education level.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
taalismn
Priest

Excellent...adding an Awe Factor is just icing...I'd see this power having MAJOR street cred in California(unless the serious lowriders saw it as cheating..."Hey, you're using mutant powers! Not blood, sweat, and tears! You freakjob!")
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

taalismn wrote:Excellent...adding an Awe Factor is just icing...I'd see this power having MAJOR street cred in California(unless the serious lowriders saw it as cheating..."Hey, you're using mutant powers! Not blood, sweat, and tears! You freakjob!")

Lowrider (minor)

The character can control any car they are driving to alter the height of its suspension while driving it without actually having to modify the car. This allows the character to perform street tricks with their car (like bouncing it), but also gain useful abilities. The car can be made to lower to scrape the ground, dropping the height of the car a foot, or lift the car three feet off the ground, plus one foot at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15, to actually drive over other cars! Lifting or dropping the car takes one melee action per foot. Adds +10% to Pilot: Automobile skill.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i don't understand how you can ride over cars with this...

Cars usually do not go more than 4 feet high. The suspension lifts you higher off the ground than that. A wide vehicle with this could pass over a small compact car or someone on a motorcycle.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Spare Tires (minor)

The character can cause the tires of his/her vehicle to spawn duplicates which spin off and roll into the road. A vehicle control roll must be made by other vehicles to avoid being hit by the tires, with a penalty of -10%. The 4d4 tires created as a result of the power being used (uses one melee attack/action to perform) pop off at high velocity and do 4d6 damage on impact with vehicles that do not avoid them and there is a 30% chance of hitting pedestrians alongside the road in urban areas.

Road Rage (minor)

The character gains +20% to vehicle control rolls when engaged in vehicle combat, as well as gaining +4 to initiative and +4 to strike rolls when in a moving vehicle, while suffering no penalties to engage in combat for being in a moving vehicle as long as the opponent is also in the vehicle. +2 or +10% to maintain balance while standing on a moving vehicle.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Armor Vehicle (Major)

The character can alter the features of his vehicle while sitting in it or touching it.

1. Armor: When the character touches it, a force bubble surrounds the vehicle. The vehicle gains +5 AR at first level, plus an additional point of AR at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The vehicle also gains an additional 50 SDC per level of the character, which protects the character as a force field. The vehicle becomes watertight even when the windows are rolled down or there is no roof.

2. Trick My Ride: The vehicle gains +5% fuel efficiency per level, +10% to its maximum speed, and provides its user with a +10% bonus to piloting it. The vehicle is also converted to appear however the character likes (decals, trim, colors, etc.), giving it an Awe Factor of 12, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The illusion's of the appearance will remain on the vehicle even when the character is away from it for a duration of one hour per level, after which it will revert to normal.

3. Other Bonuses: The character can select 3 additional piloting skills from Basic or Advanced regardless of education level.

i can't accurately convey just how happy i am right now... :D
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:do the 4d4 tires do 4d6 damage each, or is that the total damage? also, do the spare tires fade away quickly like matter expulsion, or are they permanent? can they be used as temporary shields (yes, i know they have holes. lower the AR.) ? what is the sdc of a tire, anyway? sorry for all the questions. just been feelin' questiony today.

No problem. They are matter expulsion and do not have SDC or AR because they last one melee round only then disappear. The 4d6 is per tire.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:

I thank you for allowing me to do it. This has opened up a whole new area of powers for me. :mrgreen:
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
znbrtn wrote:

I thank you for allowing me to do it. This has opened up a whole new area of powers for me. :mrgreen:

always glad to inspire. :D i've seen such an ability on at *least* two occasions, and i've always liked the concept, so i'm glad to see it get written up, both at all, and so well.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Well, here they are as minors:

Armor Vehicle (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

When the character touches it, a force bubble surrounds the vehicle. The vehicle gains +5 AR at first level, plus an additional point of AR at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The vehicle also gains an additional 50 SDC per level of the character, which protects the character as a force field. The vehicle becomes watertight even when the windows are rolled down or there is no roof.
Other Bonuses: +5% to vehicle piloting skills

Trick My Ride (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

When the character touches it, the vehicle gains +5% fuel efficiency per level, +10% to its maximum speed, and provides its user with a +10% bonus to piloting it. The vehicle is also converted to appear however the character likes (decals, trim, colors, etc.), giving it an Awe Factor of 12, +1 at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15. The illusion's of the appearance will remain on the vehicle even when the character is away from it for a duration of one hour per level, after which it will revert to normal.

Free Parking (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character can cause a vehicle to flatten and phase into the ground beneath it, later retrieving it. The car may be left phased for one hour per level of the character's experience, and it uses 2 melee attacks/actions to phase the vehicle (by touch at level one, then up to one foot away per level).
Limitations: Leaving the vehicle longer will cause it to fuse with the ground and become irretrievable. Nothing can be parked on top of it or it becomes unable to be pulled out of phase, since it would merge with the other vehicle by doing so.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mudmobile (minor)
"My car is FILTHY!"

The character can cake his vehicle in mud through a form of elemental control of earth, adding the following abilities:
*+2 AR at level one, plus 1 AR at level 4, 8 and 12
*+10 SDC per level of experience
*+2 mph speed per level
*Dirt Trail which throws rocks back at oncoming cars, doing 1d4 damage on impact,and creating a mud slick (pursuers must make a control roll with a penalty of -5% to drive on this slick surface).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Local Legend (minor)
The character has a well-known history in their home town and gain +20% to trust/intimidate and +10% to streetwise skills when dealing with locals. He also gets 10% off on the cost of everything when frequenting businesses in costume ("OMG, Captain Curbside shops HERE?!!!").

Mythic (minor)
The character has a history of daring that impresses even gods and immortals, and he gains +4 initiative when fighting demons, deevils, and various immortals, as well as +10% to trust/intimidate and charm/impress when dealing with them.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:nice... very nice indeed. keep up the good work.

How about:

Single Word Speech (minor)
"Butter, butter butter butter...BUTTER!!!!"

The character is incapable of normal speech and is stuck to using one word to express himself. One person per level can be made to understand him perfectly, and he can generally communicate to his MA attribute number of people at a time who have a chance of understanding him equal to 24%, plus 4% per level of experience. All others can try and understand him by rolling under their IQ attribute number on percentile dice. It is unlikely most will, since he will generally be assumed to be retarded. This power is limited to those with street level education.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:cool.... (rotfl)

enough of that... what happens if someone tries to read the character's mind?

Nothing. His mind functions normally, hence his ability to communicate. It just is distorted in the area of speech.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:so, someone could read the character's mind to understand what they're trying to communicate. got it.

Yeah. The character can still write, too. But without being able to talk,most people would assume he was stupid and limit his education. The way he would choose to speak to those closest would be psychic in nature.
taalismn
Priest

Lend Power(Minor)
"So you wanna see what it's like to fly like a bird? Here!"
Range: Touch or 10 ft per level of experience
Effects: The Superbeing can temporarily transfer one or more of their powers to another person, to bolster that person or to hide away the power. While the power is being lent, the loaner CANNOT use the power. The loanee can use the power, but effectively at HALF the level of experience of the original loaner. At the end of the duration of this power, the loaned power(s) revert back to their proper owner, regardless of whether they're currently active or not.
Duration: 1 hour per level of experience for a Minor Power, 15 minutes per level of experience for a Major Power
Saves: If the intended receiver doesn't want to accept the power, they can attempt to save versus Non-Lethal Poison(16 or better) to resist the power transfer.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Mercenary Ethics (minor)
The character gains bonuses to combat only when they are getting PAID for their services. Payment is the agreed amount for the services. If the object were valuable enough, it would be accepted as payment. Whatever the agreed services are that are paid for get the bonuses. If not paid in advance, the person must believe they will get paid. The combat bonuses only apply to the services or mission objectives decided upon.
Bonuses:
* +4 initiative
* +2 to strike at level one, plus an additional +1 to strike at every third level, in addition to any other bonuses
* Gains Sniper skill
* +10% to save vs. coma/death
Last edited by Gryphon Chick on Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:just a few questions... can you define payment more specifically? like does it have to be money, or can it be an object of value or something else? how long does the effect of payment last? does the user have to be paid before using the power, or can they be paid once they finish whatever job it is and still gain the combat bonuses?

Payment is the agreed amount for the services. If the object were valuable enough, it would be accepted as payment. Whatever the agreed services are that are paid for get the bonuses. If not paid in advance, the person must believe they will get paid. The combat bonuses only apply to the services or mission objectives decided upon.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I did a bunch of currency replication and matter expulsion coins type powers a while back. Many money powers have been done already.

Workaholic (minor)
When "on the job" using his powers in the performance of his job, the character is +2 to and combat rolls and gets one additional attack/action per melee round. The character also gains +10% to skills executed in the performance of the job. Furthermore, the character fatigues at half normal rate while working and performs tasks in half the normal time. The character suffers penalties while unemployed, however, suffering a -1 penalty for each week he has been out of work (-4 penalty, for example, for four weeks of unemployment).

Hobbyist (minor)
When engaging in a hobby (must be specified when this power is taken) or using his powers in the performance of his hobby sport or activity, the character is +2 to and combat rolls and gets one additional attack/action per melee round. The character also gains +10% to skills executed in the performance of the hobby. Furthermore, the character fatigues at half normal rate while engaged in the hobby and performs tasks in half the normal time. The character suffers penalties while unable to work on his hobby, however, suffering a -1 penalty for each week he has been out of work (-4 penalty, for example, for four weeks of not doing anything related to the hobby).
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:i wasn't thinking of creating or copying money... here are my two main ideas.

one: Investment. the character can sacrifice money (permanently) to temporarily boost the power of their other superpowers.

A- Why take a power like this when they could pay for bionic implants or eugenic mods?
B- Would he money graft into their body or what?

gmapprentice wrote:two: unnamed for now. i'm not good with names... anyway, this power makes it easier for the character to get money either by working for it, using a skill to get it, or simply improving the character's luck at gambling, whichever is most appropriate for the situation. this is gonna be harder for me to do than the other one, so if this hasn't been done and someone else thinks they can work it out, feel free to do so.

Someone did do a wealth power a while back, but I don't recall the game mechanics of it.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:for the first one, i was thinking they absorb the money into their body as use is as "fuel" to boost their powers for a while.

Okay, so why does it have to money as opposed to normal paper?
gmapprentice wrote:it's not always on and it's not super-expensive- i think. minimum cost is $20 for +10% to range, duration and damage, full boost needs $300 (or maybe $250) for +50%. the duration is also limited (10 minutes for a major power. should it be per level?) so it isn't permanent.

So is it psychosematic? I mean, how does the power know what the monetary value of the bills is?
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:you know, you make a good point. maybe it should just be paper-powered. that sound better?

It would make more sense. You could base the increases on amount of weight in paper consumed.
taalismn
Priest

mmmmm...coin-operated heroes...interesting concept...

"For Heroism, deposit another fifty cents...For Miracles, please deposit another dollar..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:mmmmm...coin-operated heroes...interesting concept...

"For Heroism, deposit another fifty cents...For Miracles, please deposit another dollar..."

Power Vendor (minor)

The character can manifest an astral creation to accept coins which he can use to deposit money to increase powers. The machine increases the character's power range and damage equal to a percentage represented by the coin inserted (a dime thus increases the range and damage and duration by 10%, a quarter increases it by 25%, and a dollar doubles it. Additional power percentages last only one melee round.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

gmapprentice wrote:.....i give up. i can't do Paper Powered. my apologies. i am simply not capable of writing it properly.

It is not that complicated. You just have the character have some sort of fire attack that is fueled by the paper, or eating coal or something.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:.....i give up. i can't do Paper Powered. my apologies. i am simply not capable of writing it properly.

It is not that complicated. You just have the character have some sort of fire attack that is fueled by the paper, or eating coal or something.

Steam Engine (Major)
"Ooh, that burns."

The character can consume coal and other substances to generate heat and pressure.

1. Coal Burning: The character can eat charcoal to build up heat. Since his system is such, he is immune to toxins and gases, and impervious to fire and heat. One piece of coal will produce heat for 2d4 minutes which the character can feed into his other powers and use for other abilities.

2. Steam Breath: When fed up on coal, the character can breathe out steam doing 2d6 heat damage, plus 2 points per level, for a range of 60 feet, plus 5 feet per level, with a +2 bonus to strike.

3. Rocket Flight: The character can shoot steam out of his skin to propel himself at 200 mph, plus 20 mph per level, but can also use it to hover.

4. Power Boosts: Adds +2d6 damage and +10% range to fire expulsion attacks. Adds +10% speed to energy-based forms of flight.

5. Other Bonuses: The character naturally emits steam from his pores which keeps his clothing clean and pressed (instant dry cleaning).
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

i don't really see why a money boost power would be confusing; it's based on the assumed worth of the item sacrificed. in this way, you could also sacrifice coinage and precious stones and metal.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:i don't really see why a money boost power would be confusing; it's based on the assumed worth of the item sacrificed. in this way, you could also sacrifice coinage and precious stones and metal.

I am aware of this; I primarily asked the questions I did about it to get him to conceptualize it better so it made sense in his writeup. You did notice I made a power like it already called Power Vendor?
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
znbrtn wrote:i don't really see why a money boost power would be confusing; it's based on the assumed worth of the item sacrificed. in this way, you could also sacrifice coinage and precious stones and metal.

I am aware of this; I primarily asked the questions I did about it to get him to conceptualize it better so it made sense in his writeup. You did notice I made a power like it already called Power Vendor?

i noticed; just trying to help others along.
in the end, your power does the job; i just like the mental image of a character holding cash in his hand, then having it burn up in a brilliant green flame that races across his body, enhancing his abilities.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:

i noticed; just trying to help others along.
in the end, your power does the job; i just like the mental image of a character holding cash in his hand, then having it burn up in a brilliant green flame that races across his body, enhancing his abilities.

The Power of Money (minor)
"I got money to burn."

The character can burn money to enhance his powers. It burns up in a brilliant green flame that appears to flow across his skin. Burning the money uses one melee attack and it provides the bonuses for the character's ME attribute number of melee rounds, plus one round per level. The character cannot spend more than his ME attribute number X100 dollars in one day on power upgrades, and no more than 100 dollars in a single melee round.
The power can buy the following bonuses (each dollar spent upgrades all bonuses):
* +1 foot in range for distance powers per dollar spent
* +1 mph increase per dollar spent to flight or high speed powers
* +1 point of damage to unarmed strikes for each dollar spent
* +1 point of damage to energy or matter expulsion attacks for each dollar spent.
* +1 to strike, parry and dodge for every five dollars spent
* +1 to all saving throws for every ten dollars spent.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:you know, destroying money is actually illegal last time i checked. :lol: of course, that was a few years ago. i could be wrong. still, imagine this...

"but officer, i just saved the city." "tell it to the judge, captain cash. you should've found a better way to do it."

Okay, now I covered the money power, you still owe me the paper one. :-P
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
gmapprentice wrote:you know, destroying money is actually illegal last time i checked. :lol: of course, that was a few years ago. i could be wrong. still, imagine this...

"but officer, i just saved the city." "tell it to the judge, captain cash. you should've found a better way to do it."

Okay, now I covered the money power, you still owe me the paper one. :-P

I agree. No copping out. :badbad:
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:Paper Powered (Major Power)
"So is this recycling or what?"

The superbeing can absorb paper to increase their power temporarily. This can be useful for more than increasing power- its use permanently absorbs any paper it is used on, which helps for hiding evidence in some situations.

Please note that this must be PAPER, not other wood products, but it can be paper made from things besides trees (don't ask, it's kind of gross). Living beings made of paper are immune to this power, but not paper animated by magic or superpowers.

Range: Can absorb paper within a 5 foot radius per level of experience, double for mega-heroes.
Damage: None, but it absorbs paper and cannot be undone.
Duration: 10 minutes. Can be used once every thirty minutes, up to 5 times a day per level.
Effects: The superbeing can absorb paper, regulated by 1 pound increments. Every ten pounds of paper increases the range, damage and duration of the superbeing's other powers by 10%, with a maximum of +100% possible. These bonuses end 10 minutes after using the power on the paper.

Nicely done. I would have added an immunity to toxic ink on the paper, but otherwise it is great.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

... snip...
Please note that this must be PAPER, not other wood products, but it can be paper made from things besides trees (don't ask, it's kind of gross).
... snip

I think he means hides (leather, animal skins) used for writing on. Though I wouldn't include these for this power.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Matter Expulsion: Projectiles [Major] by Roscoe Del'Tane (off of an idea posted earlier by znbrtn)
"Punchy has answer for puny man. Eat Punchy's Fist!" PFFFT-CHUNK!

This power allows the character to generate an unlimited amount of short lived projectiles which can either be fired out of their body like bullets/missiles, or generated in the hands and thrown/used semi-effectively as close quarters weapons.

1) Matter Type: This character will start with one form of Matter they can create, at levels 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15 they can create one more. Their matter cannot be something as vague or generic as 'metal', it must be a specific type of metal, like iron, steel, lead, gold, silver, etc. Matter in conjunction with this power must at least be a semi-solid, no using chlorine gas or water (ice would be fine, but it has to be solid).
Other than the Prime Matter chosen, the extras can be saved up for an opportune moment (in the middle of a battle against an evil demon with a specific weakness, or needing to make a hyper-conductive arrow to cross wires, etc), choosing a form of Matter in the middle of battle costs 3 actions, costs the character the initiative for this round and the next two, and they are -2 to all combat rolls. If the Matter is something exceedingly rare/dangerous (like uranium/plutonium or the like) it counts as TWO forms of Matter (you essentially skip your next choice if you don't have one saved up).
The shape of the projectiles can take any shape within reason. The projectiles can be a max of six inches across, plus one inch per additional level, and other than that, anything goes. So you can make circular saw blades, knives, bullets, shot glasses, EYE-glasses, a spork, a shower of glass shards, anything goes as long as it has no moving parts.
The hand held weaponry is limited to small knives, knuckle guards/claws, and small, inoffensive items like lock-picks and keys. These items cannot be more than three inches long and half an inch thick.

2) Range: All forms of matter generated and fired by this have a range of 1000 feet, plus 100 feet per additional level. If the character generates the matter in their hand and throws it, consider the range doubled, but no more, the main function of this power is to MAKE matter, and to SHOOT it.
The character can make a permanent launcher on one location of their body (shoulder/hand/arm/torso, etc) made out of their own flesh and blood that will allow them to launch other forms of matter ONE round at a time, but at the cost of one type of matter generation (the trade-off is a wide variety of ONE type of matter for a bunch of pre-made others); this launcher cannot be easily concealed (its about two inches tall, and four or five inches long) is fleshy, veiny and hollow, and has a brightly colored glow (chosen randomly) while the character is awake, anything that fits inside the launcher can be fired, but at the cost of two actions (one to load, and one to fire), cannot carry anything inside the launcher for more than 5 minutes per level, or the characters body will attempt to reject it,, and if that fails, it will automatically e-ject it (roll for a random strike on any target in front of the character).
Each projectile counts as one attack, so does each hand held item creation. The duration of any created item is 1 minute per level of the character, but can be dispelled earlier at no cost.

3) Damage: Base damage for all projectiles, no matter their base matter is 4d6 plus 1d6 per additional level, natural critical range with these projectiles is two greater than the character normally would have (20 would become 18, 19 would become 17, etc.), but ONLY with their naturally made projectiles.
Hand to hand weaponry does 1d6 damage per level, and their natural critical level is actually decreased by one (due to poor balance, odd angles on the weapons, poor quality, etc.)

4) Stored Attack: The character can make one of their projectiles and store it one their body/costume (second option only works if it is a thin layer, and no armor greater than 13) per level plus two (so three at level one, four at level two, and so on) as a lump about an inch and a half across and tall. Like the Launcher option described above, these stored attacks tend to be very obvious, but can be hidden amongst cleverly designed body armor/costuming. These can be triggered all at once as a concentrated spray (treat as using the burst rules, but add up each round for a total damage) or individually. These stored attacks can even be triggered if the character has their powers turned 'off' by any means, but treat this type of attack as shooting wild.

5) Nuts and Bolts: a) The character has +2 to strike with any of their projectiles
b) aside from the Launcher, any of the projectiles can be fired from the hands or eyes, or from any part of their body, and be done so without harming their clothing (provided that it doesn't have an A.R. of 13). Keep in mind that shooting out of the soles of your feet or the back of your head will incur penalties (I leave those up the GM's to decide)
c) character has to have touched/handled the type of matter they intend to be able to make, and for at least 10 minutes or it won’t 'take'. So if they want to shoot gold snowflakes, they need to have held at least a gold nugget. The amount of matter needs to be at least a one inch sphere, or it won't work. No just saying 'I wanna shoot uranium', you have to either have access in your back story (military/nuclear scientist, etc), or run it in the campaign to get it.
d) if the character shoots matter that is poisonous/dangerous to their species, THEY dont automatically get immunity to it, they will take damage as well, unless they spend other powers to offset this.
e) magic and psychic matter cannot be generated. NO exceptions.
f) If the character wants to give up one matter type, they can alter one shot per hour per level to have simple moving parts. This costs three attacks, and the character must either have initiative or have their opponent pinned. This is limited to creating chained items and strings, so they could make bolos, but not a clock. This ability will over-ride the limitation set up in 1).
g) If the character has any resistance type powers/abilities, these are passed on to their projectiles or hand held items.
h) Alternatively, this power can be used as Energy Expulsion: Projectiles, swap out energy types for matter in the descriptions, add one die of damage to the base and increase base range by 500 feet, but they will lose the ability to make hand held items.
Last edited by Roscoe Del'Tane on Mon Oct 26, 2009 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I like this matter expulsion power, Roscoe, except for the insane range. No matter expulsion has a range like that, nor should it. I can see it maybe going up to 600 feet, plus 6 feet per level, but that is being generous. The range you have might work if the matter expelled were of one type and a missile, but you have too many other abilities that the range takes it way over the top, IMO.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

CoalitionMerc wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
... snip...
Please note that this must be PAPER, not other wood products, but it can be paper made from things besides trees (don't ask, it's kind of gross).
... snip

I think he means hides (leather, animal skins) used for writing on. Though I wouldn't include these for this power.

actually hes most likely talking about the Elephant dung paper made in thailand and the other various materials used to make actual paper

I agree it is probably a reference to paper substances which are not plants. I would make the absorption of hides off-limits as Drewkitty~..~ suggests and just say that it must be processed paper.
taalismn
Priest

Arms Control(Major)
“I think we’ll ALL feel safer if everybody here wasn’t armed to the teeth, people?”

This power gives the superbeing unprecedented control over modern weaponry, including the ability to remotely affect its operation
Range: 200 ft+ 50 ft per level of experience, 10 ft+5 ft per level of experience area of effect.
Duration: 1 melee per level of experience
Effects:
1)*The superbeing can control the mechanisms of modern weapons(firearms, handheld grenade and missile launchers, and energy weapons), causing them to jam, misfire, lock their safeties, or spontaneously fire.

2) The superbeing can attempt to control weapons integrated into vehicles(like a tank gun or shipboard missile launcher, and including weapons integrated into power armor and cyborgs) with a 35%+5% per level of experience change of success.
-15% if an alien technology unfamiliar to the superbeing
+10% if the character has the Weapons Systems skill
+5% if the character has a familiarity with the vehicle type the weapon is mounted in(i.e. has a skill in Pilot Tanks/APCs, Pilot Jetfighter, Pilot Watercraft: Warship, etc...)

3) Can instantly tell if a weapon is loaded, charged up, how much ammunition is remaining in it, and how long until it goes off/is triggered.

4) +15% to Demolitions disposal

5) Can readily tell the quality of a weapon, just by looking at it(general state of upkeep, any problems in its operation, likely flaws, etc...).

6) Can detect the presence of modern weaponry, even if concealed, within the area of effect(“I sense....that man is packing a Skorpion SMG under his jacket!”).

Penalties:
* CANNOT affect melee weapons, tension powered weapons like crossbows and catapults, nor can they affect simple explosive weapons like firecrackers, burning sticks of dynamite, percussion-triggered landmines, or handgrenades.

*CANNOT affect magically- or psionically-powered weapons like TechnoWizardry or Psi-Mechanic creations, nor can it affect weapons created as a result of superpowers(like Ranged Body Weapons).

*The actual WEAPON must be within the area of effect to be affected(for instance, if Warmonger is inside the launch bunker of a Minuteman III launch complex, and he’s five hundred feet away from the missile, it doesn’t matter that he’s right next to the launch button, pressing it without the keycodes....with a power range of only 125 ft, he can’t launch the ICBM...and even then, unless he can manage to get the silo hatch systems open, he’s more likely to have a very messy in-silo accident firing it off).

*Robotically/Computer-operated weapons systems with safeguards(or a resident AI) will get a save versus attempted control; a roll of opposing Weapons Systems skills.
Last edited by taalismn on Mon Oct 26, 2009 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Nice one, T. Nice, reasonable ranges, though you could have extended them a bit.
Roscoe Del'Tane
Adventurer

Unread post by Roscoe Del'Tane »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I like this matter expulsion power, Roscoe, except for the insane range. No matter expulsion has a range like that, nor should it. I can see it maybe going up to 600 feet, plus 6 feet per level, but that is being generous. The range you have might work if the matter expelled were of one type and a missile, but you have too many other abilities that the range takes it way over the top, IMO.

Sorry, I was looking at the old Super EE powers and the ME abilitites, and thought it jsut needed a bit of an extra kick to it, since it didn't have the super attack of EE or the widespread versitilty of the ME powers. Less damage over a longer area of coverage seemed like a good idea at the time. How about we compromise and knock it back to 1000 feet? Then it'll be the same as the Super EE power.
You'd be suprised at what the G.M. will allow with a little blackmail and bribery...

"Jack! You've debauched my sloth!" - Steven Matrin

"Artillery is the King of the Battlefield, Infantry is the Queen; and everybody knows what the King does to the Queen."- Stuart, from StarDestroyer.net
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Roscoe Del'Tane wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I like this matter expulsion power, Roscoe, except for the insane range. No matter expulsion has a range like that, nor should it. I can see it maybe going up to 600 feet, plus 6 feet per level, but that is being generous. The range you have might work if the matter expelled were of one type and a missile, but you have too many other abilities that the range takes it way over the top, IMO.

Sorry, I was looking at the old Super EE powers and the ME abilitites, and thought it jsut needed a bit of an extra kick to it, since it didn't have the super attack of EE or the widespread versitilty of the ME powers. Less damage over a longer area of coverage seemed like a good idea at the time. How about we compromise and knock it back to 1000 feet? Then it'll be the same as the Super EE power.

I am more than willing to compromise. I just had a "Holy S--t!" reaction to the range you listed.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mood Music (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by Dtmk
"Kind of a catchy tune..."

The character produces music which can be heard for a 100 foot radius around the character and provides him the following bonuses:
* +2 to strike, parry and dodge, +2 to disarm
* +5% to save vs. coma/death
* +10% to Seduction skill
* Fatigues at half normal rate.
Penalties:
To character:
* -20% to Prowl skill
To opponents:
* -10% to skills requiring concentration
Limitations:
* Does not work if nullified by sound control powers
* This power is Always On

Song Enabled Energy Expulsion (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, inspired by DtMK
"And now, by request...The Sound of Silence..."

The character has an energy expulsion ability which only works while music is playing, and which responds to songs (Let It Snow will trigger EE Cold, Greased Lightning will trigger EE Electricity, etc.). The energy expulsion given by a song will be the standard type (as listed in the books) in terms of range, damage, bonuses, etc.

Song and Dance (Major) by Stone Gargoyle, from an idea by DtMK
"Dance to the Music!"

1. Mood Music: The character produces music which can be heard for a 100 foot radius around the character and provides him the following bonuses:
* +2 to strike, parry and dodge, +2 to disarm
* +5% to save vs. coma/death
* +10% to Seduction skill
* Fatigues at half normal rate.
Penalties:
To character:
* -20% to Prowl skill
To opponents:
* -10% to skills requiring concentration
Limitations:
*Does not work if nullified by sound control powers
*This power is Always On.

2. Let's Dance: The character can cause his ME number of people to start dancing to his music.
Range: As above.
Duration: While in the area of effect, plus 1d4 melee rounds.
Attacks: Uses no attacks/actions; always on while music is playing.
Effects: The victims will helplessly start dancing and be unable to stop, unable to perform any actions other than dance, though combat while dancing is possible.
Saving Throw: Those hearing the music may save vs. mind control (16 or better, ME bonus applies) each melee round to try to stop continuing to dance.

3. Line Dance: The character can also attempt to control someone already dancing into moving in a choreographic simultaneous way to himself. The person doing so must make a saving throw (14 or better, ME bonus applies) or be controlled as a puppet mirroring everything the character does for 2d4 melee rounds and unable to move in any other way. Uses one attack/action to take someone over, at a range of 10 feet per level of experience.

4. Other Bonuses: All Play Musical Instrument skills at 98%, and dance skill at 98%
DtMK
Hero

Unread post by DtMK »

Very nice! Thank you! Send it into The Rifter, I'm sure there'd be plenty of other people who'd appreciate this!
Bob Herzog from KoDT put it best: HOODY HOO! http://www.facebook.com/manyfacesofdave
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

DtMK wrote:Very nice! Thank you! Send it into The Rifter, I'm sure there'd be plenty of other people who'd appreciate this!

No luck so far with that, but only time will tell. I am glad you liked the powers.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Nice one, T. Nice, reasonable ranges, though you could have extended them a bit.

What did you have in mind?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Nice one, T. Nice, reasonable ranges, though you could have extended them a bit.

25 feet won't give you any range. I would times that by ten for a major power, 200 feet minimum to start. Then you can upgrade by 50 feet per level. That would allow you to access weapon systems without having to be all up in it, if you know what I mean. Give it some distance and it is far less obvious, unless you just want it as an up close and personal power.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
taalismn wrote:

25 feet won't give you any range. I would times that by ten for a major power, 200 feet minimum to start. Then you can upgrade by 50 feet per level. That would allow you to access weapon systems without having to be all up in it, if you know what I mean. Give it some distance and it is far less obvious, unless you just want it as an up close and personal power.

Okay...fixed....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Speaking of being all up in it:

In the Belly of the Beast (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character with this power has an extradimensional being carcass which serves as an external housing. Summoning and connecting with the beast takes 2 melee attacks/actions.

1. Nature of the Beast:The character's body interlocks with that of the beast, making it serve as part of him. The creature can appear however the character likes but provides the following protection regardless:
* The beast has a Natural AR of 18 and has a very scaly thick hide providing +200 SDC at level one, plus 20 SDC per level.
* Since the beast flesh is not actually alive, it does not take damage from electrical attacks, heat or cold attacks. Fire does half damage if the roll is under the AR and full damage to the shell if over the AR.
* Weight is increased 3d6X10 pounds.
*Recovers SDC at a rate of 2 points of SDC per hour. If destroyed (all SDC depleted), it regenerates after 24 hours.

2. Added Muscle: Adds +3d6 to the character's PS attribute and PS moves up a category (Extraordinary if normal, Superhuman if already extraordinary, and Supernatural if already Superhuman). This added strength applies to damage (use Kittenstomp's tables), leaping distance (see GM Guide), as well as lifting and carrying.

3. Natural Weaponry: The character can use the creature's body to attack.
Bite: 2d4, +2 points of damage per level
Claws: 2d6, plus PS damage bonus
Trampling: 4d6 plus 1d6 per 20 pounds of carcass.

4. Special Abilities:
Horror Factor:2d6+6, but GM can make higher if character concept warrants. The creature looks otherworldly regardless.
Nightvision: The creature eyes which provide Nightvision of 200 feet.

5. Drawbacks and Limitations: Strikes to HP still affect the character. The character takes 1d4 HP damage when connecting and disconnecting from the beast body. To connect, the character cannot be wearing any covering or clothing and will appear so should the covering be destroyed (reduced to zero SDC) and disappears. The carcass can also only remain connected for the character's ME attribute number of hours, though the beast can be summoned again once the duration expires after ten minutes. The beast appears to be just such, so anyone not knowing it is the character will react to it as if it is a strange animal or monster. The carcass smells terrible and thus has a -20% penalty to prowl, and anyone tracking it does so at +5%.

6. Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+2 to save vs. mind control and possession
+4 to save vs. horror Factor
+1d4X10 SDC (to normal body)
+2d4 Hit Points

gm: The bonus to Song Enabled Energy Expulsion is that more than one energy expulsion can be used and the character can request songs allowing him to battle specific opponents. The expulsion is of one type when enabled and will be determined by the theme of the song, so if there seems to be more than one theme, the character has to choose which type it will enable.
Last edited by Stone Gargoyle on Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Speaking of being all up in it:

In the Belly of the Beast (Major) by Stone Gargoyle

The character with this power has an extradimensional being carcass which serves as an external housing. Summoning and connecting with the beast takes 2 melee attacks/actions..

Ackk.... :shock:
"It's kinda like stuffing and mounting Godzilla and building my personal den in his abdominal cavity..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”