Artwork

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kevin McIntyre
Wanderer
Comment: No one expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Artwork

Unread post by Kevin McIntyre »

Having never really dealt with a supers game on a GM scale I have a real lack of "supers" artwork at my disposal. While I have run my fair share of fantasy games, Palladium Fantasy among them, I have an extensive folder of artwork to use. I'm a very visual GM and love to show my players what everything looks like, loads of handouts, etc. So my question is, where is a good place to find artwork pertaining to "Supers"?
When choosing the lesser of two evils, I pick the one I've never done before!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Artwork

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Being a frustrated comic book artist that hasn't gotten much published, I draw all my own stuff usually.
Otherwise, there are webcomics, video game sites with screencaptures, and DAZ modeling sites, as well as Heromorph which has pictures of models done up as superheroes. Some of the material you may find is very adult-oriented, but there is a lot out there.
There are also picture galleries of art by different comic book artists all over the web.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
krate
Explorer

Unread post by krate »

comic books. :)

Not trying to be irritating or snarky or anything. But seriously, go to the original inspirational source material: comic books. There are a bunch of great artists/writers and titles out there. You can use 'em for visuals and also mine 'em for plot ideas.
Please visit my DeviantArt page http://krateworx.deviantart.com/
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

It depends on whether you intend to print them out, pass a picture around, or just use your computer monitor to show an image from your computer files. Certainly the cheapest way is to save pics to your computer, unless you are using public computers or have to go on a friend's computer. Personally, my laptop and a few memory sticks come in handy for storing picture files.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Sir Neil
Adventurer

Unread post by Sir Neil »

I downloaded HeroMachine 2 and use it. I've heard it isn't as good as the character creator for City of Heroes or Champions Online, but it's free, and it gets the job done.
As seen in Rifter 20
Called "disturbing" by Therumancer.
Was informed that "Recommending the destruction of a third of the nation is not appropriate."
Kevin McIntyre
Wanderer

I have, or had the COH/COV for a while but its not as good as I'd like. I found a bunch of images I can use.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Sir Neil wrote:I downloaded HeroMachine 2 and use it. I've heard it isn't as good as the character creator for City of Heroes or Champions Online, but it's free, and it gets the job done.

Actually, it is more limited than using video game screenshots. It is a lot of fun for coming up with character ideas, though.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

one place i use often when pertaining to artwork for campaigns or character ideas is. http://www.deviantart.com

dont let the name fool you its nothing dirty. its just a mass internet type gallery where people can make accts and display their artwork. And the search engine works like keywords. So just type in a couple words of what your looking for and just peruse thru the many pages of artists works.

One person i found had comic like drawings http://1db.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--2
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
Kevin McIntyre
Wanderer

Shadowfyr wrote:One person i found had comic like drawings http://1db.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--2

I found some wonderful images in his gallery... that helps a bunch thanks Shadow.
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Kevin McIntyre wrote:
Shadowfyr wrote:One person i found had comic like drawings http://1db.deviantart.com/gallery/#_featured--2

I found some wonderful images in his gallery... that helps a bunch thanks Shadow.

NP dude, but please message me some links if you find other artists with similar styles on there that i might've missed. :-D
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

[deleted]

Ø
Last edited by count zero on Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
znbrtn
Hero

Unread post by znbrtn »

comic art community is a good place to go to find art specific to the comic book genre.
look up in the sky, it's a bird, it's a plane, it's Airman, *****, and i'm bringin' the pain!
i got a fan installed in my grill, no lie, i'm gonna blow your *** straight off the map, goodbye!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

znbrtn wrote:comic art community is a good place to go to find art specific to the comic book genre.

That is a truly great site.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”