NEW POWERS!

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: NEW POWERS!

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

gmapprentice wrote:i have an idea for a Galactic power... Matter Expulsion: Meteor(ite?) ? how's that?

Write it up!
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gmapprentice wrote:question... what are meteor(ite)s made of?
sorry for seeming like an idiot, i just have a bad memory. my apologies.

They would be matter expulsion: Flaming Rock
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Why not impervious to fire? Resistance is one half, NOT one third.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Leon Kennedy wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Why not impervious to fire?

I agree with gma on this one. Meteors/meteorites aren't necessarily hot or flaming by nature. True, they burn when falling from space into the Earth's atmosphere. But shooting these out wouldn't necessarily mean that they are flaming.

I just thought making them flaming then they came out would A) justify the damage and B) be a cool effect. There is nothing saying he has to write them up like that. It is a major, so making the character inmpervious to the expulsion would be understandable, in any course of action with regard to the power.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

gmapprentice wrote:hmm.... well, i think i will go ahead and add resistance to fire and heat. that sound ok?

Sounds fine.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Second Skin: Minor
'Hold on...let me change'

The character has a sheathe of skin covering his body, one that acts as insulation and disguise. In a moment (one action) he can shed this skin to reveal his true nature under his skin-suit (though it takes a full melee round to 'redress' not including clothing worn over the skin.

When the character is created, he choses which application of this power he can use.
1) The skin is a disguise to make him look human. The character's second skin is a normal human, with normal human PB (Roll 3D6+6 for his skin's PB). While wearing the skin he has access to all his powers, but every use of a power inflicts 2D4 damage to the outer skin (within reason. Using telescopic vision should be alright) The character recieves 1D4 mutations from the mutation chart (or +2 mutations if already a mutant). all mutations are hidden while his skin is being 'worn'. while being worn, any time the character takes damage while wearing the suit, the suit can take up to 2 points per level off the damage inflicted, taking it itself.

2) The skin is body armour: The character's skin suit has 1D4 mutations that apply only while the suit is worn. Furthermore, half his powers are derived solely from the skinsuit itself. The suit has a PB of 2D4 but has an AR of 10 (natural) and an extra 30SDC. While worn as body armour the character can reduce damage from any source by 2 per level, taking it instead of his suit.

Skin suit notes: The skinsuit has an SDC equal to the character's ME plus his PE plus 2 per level. The skin suit regenrates 1 SDC every 5 minutes it is worn. The skin suit can survive up to 8 hours away from the PC. after this it loses 1 SDC every 15 minutes as it rots away. appropriate measures (prodigious use of preservitive fluids and a sound knowledge of biology) can double the lifespan of the suit. if a skin suit 'dies' then the character starts to regrow a new one, a process that takes 24 hours, plus the time to regenerate all it's SDC.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
“Iczer, you are a power generating machine.” - Mr Twist
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Wound critters: [minor]
‘If you cut me..do I not bleed’

The character generates life from his own wounds. Every time he takes HP damage, the blood coalesces into small creeping and crawling bugs, insects and other monstrousities.
1) Creature statistics: typically each HP generates a small bug like creature roughly the size of a dung beetle. These creatures follow your mental commands but are pretty much no more than a nuisance individually. Each critter has a single HP and a single attack per melee (as well as an auto dodge of +8) and a Speed equal to your ME +4 per level and can leap 3 feet up or 6 across. In a swarm of 20 or more, they become deadlier, able to inflict 1D4 damage by simply rolling over a person. Such an attack has no bonus to strike, but are -6 to be parried. In addition, anyone bitten must save vs non lethal poison or develop a searing rash (-2 to combat manoeuvres and -10% to skill use for 2D4 minutes).
2) Transmission: If the character has a power transmittable by touch (such as disruptive touch) or bite (such as venomous touch) then a swarm of 20 or more also has that ability in place of the poisonous bite. The swarm can use it’s bite instead if the PC chooses.
3) Re-absorption: As an action, the character can reabsorb 10 of his blood forged critters from 20 feet away (they crawl back towards him, entering through wounds and mouth) healing those 10 Hp worth of damage. If the character is awake, he can use this ability to automatically prevent blood loss. The character cannot re absorb destroyed critters, he must heal those HP back the normal way.
4) Expulsion: The character can inflict 2D4 damage to his HP and the same amount to his own SDC. This creates an equal amount of his critters without him having to take wounds first. Re-absorbing critters made in this way does not restore lost SDC.
5) Damage mitigation: the character can choose to halve the damage of a sharp weapon, or bullets and take the resultant damage on his HP instead. This decision can be made after damage is rolled.
6) other abilities: add+2D6 to HP

Terror spike: [Major]
‘Oh now I’m right where I want to be...under your skin’

The character can generate a natural bone shaft that he maintains a connection with, even after he detaches it.
1) Generate terror spike: The character can create a natural spike from his body, usually formed of bone, that acts as a natural claw. The spike is between 3-8 inches long and wickedly sharp, though not excessively durable (1D4 SDC) It inflicts 2D6 as a natural weapon plus any PS bonuses. It can also be shot up to 45 feet away. The character can generate these spikes in a near limitless quantity. If the spike strikes a living target with an AR of 12 or less, then he can imbed the spike in the target’s flesh. An Imbedded spike must be removed medically (first aid at -10% over the course of a minute, or surgically with a real doctor at no penalty over 5 minutes) or Yanked out (inflicts 1D6 damage from the barbs). Alternatively it can be broken off, but it leaves shards of itself in the body until removed.
2) Blood link: As long as the character has an imbedded terror spike in a target within 120 feet, he may, as an action, cause the spike to extract the target’s blood. This either ejects the blood out of the target’s body as a red mist, or as a fine spray, or as periodic squirts. The target makes a saving throw (14+ PE bonuses apply). If he succeeds he takes 2D4 SDC damage, plus one per level of the character. If he fails then he takes the same damage as HP loss. Multiple spikes do not increase this damage (he can only target one spike at a time) but the target loses one HP per minute while he has a spike in him from normal blood loss. A broken spike cannot cause normal or enhanced bleeding.
3) Spike awareness: The character can sense the direction and distance of any of his spikes up to 120 feet away. He cannot sense any of his broken spikes, but he can sense the pieces of them if they are still inside a target’s body. Anyone with a spike in them (even if it is just the broken pieces under the skin) is considered within touching range of the character. Any powers the character can normally use at such a range can be used against these otherwise distanced targets. (Notably, this works the other way as well, and if a target has his own powers that work at touch, and realises that this link exists, he can channel his own powers back at the character).
4) Other bonuses: +2 to strike with his natural spikes as both ranged and melee weapons. Critical strikes are typically one point better (so at first level this is typically 19-20)
+1D4x10 SDC

Organ field: [Minor]
‘Yeah..kidney punch me..see if I care’

The character generates a bioenergy field over his internal organs, protecting them from piercing and stabbing attacks, as well as well placed shots. The bio-energy field possesses 60 SDC (+10 per level) which can be used to negate up to half the damage from any critical strike as well as up to half the damage from piercing or slashing weapons (Including bullets) This internal Force field regenerates at a rate of 1D4 SDC every 5 minutes .
As a side effect of generating a force field over specific organs, the character enjoys a +4 to saving throws vs bio-manipulation style attacks, as well as energy based stun weaponry.

Paralysis Grip: [Minor]
‘I’ve got him’

The character can generate a kind of bio-manipulation field over a target, by grasping them firmly and holding on.
The character attempts to grab the target, taking two actions to execute a firm grasp. If undefended, the target makes a saving throw (16+ PE bonuses apply). If he succeeds, the target is unaffected. If he fails, then he becomes completely paralysed, frozen by this power. The target gains an involuntary use of the minor powers of hyperdensity and immovability (without the SDC bonus of course), but he can still see, hear and think.
The character needs to maintain physical contact with the target to maintain this power, losing 2 actions per melee round to maintain it. If he possesses enough attacks in a melee round, he can grasp and maintain this on more than one subject. As soon as the target is released, he is fully capable of taking actions again.
A target that makes his saving throw against this power is still grappled, albeit normally, and this power can be used over and over on the target (2 actions per use) as long as he maintains the grapple.

Disarm [Minor]
‘Ninjas? More like Non-jas. Am I right guys..’
The character can disturb the motor cortex in targets within 20 feet. By expending one action per melee round, all targets within his range become subject to a kind of neural dampening that inhibits timing and co-ordination. Every round targets must make a saving throw (14+ ME bonuses apply) or lose one attack per melee. Furthermore, they must repeat this saving throw every time they attempt to utilise any special combat training (anything beyond first level proficiency in a HTH form or weapon skill) or simply lose the action. (as if the roll was a one) anyone realising what is happening to them may choose to fight at first level proficiency to avoid wasting actions, but this does not remove the potential -1 action per melee round.
Targets with Natural combat ability ignore this power. Likewise targets whose levels exceed the characters receive a +2 to the relevant saving throw.

Batts
"Sorry Drewkitty, the laws of physics were defeated by Iczer way back in like, the first ten pages of this thread." A.J. Pickett
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Gah......Blood Critters...just creepy....Anybody with an aversion to spilt blood would just plain FREAK....
:demon: :ok:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Skin Wrap (minor) by Stone Gargoyle

The character has strips of skin which overlap like bandages. As a result, the character does not suffer blood loss when wounded. The skin also heals like bio-armor, healing cuts at a rate of 4d6 per ten minutes. PB of the character is only 2d4.

Turnbuckle (major) by Stone Gargoyle
"Be right with you, just lemme buckle up."

The character had bone buckles at the end of strips of leathery skin which gives him some interesting abilities.

1. Skin Wrap: The character has strips of skin which overlap like bandages. As a result, the character does not suffer blood loss when wounded. The skin also heals like bio-armor, healing cuts at a rate of 4d6 per ten minutes. PB of the character is only 2d4.

2. Natural A.R.: The character's skin has a Natural AR of 8 at level one, plus 1 AR at levels 4, 8 and 12. Attacks under the AR have no effect. +1d4X10 SDC.

3. Buckles and Straps: These allow the character to do the following:
*Strap items to arms, thus freeing up hands. This can be used to strap on melee weapons so the character can attack with them (full bonuses) and weapons in his hands simultaneously.
*Buckles are on the ends of foot per level long strips and do 2d4 damage when striking, and is +2 plus PP bonus to do so (skill bonuses do not apply).
*Foot per level long skin strips can Entangle at +4 plus PP attribute bonuses (skill bonuses do not apply), +1 at levels 4, 8 and 12.
*Strapping himself to a surface will hold with a PS equal to half his normal PS attribute number.
taalismn
Priest

Reverse Life Flow(Minor)
"The biter bit..."

This defensive power quite simply goes into effect any time a vampiric ability like Suck Blood or Drain LifeForce is used on the character. When the defending character gets a blood or Hit Point draining attack used on them, the effect reverses, and instead the ATTACKER instead takes the damage, the Hit Points/SDC/life force being added to the defender instead as a temporary buffer(remains until burnt off by future damage or within 24 hours, whichever comes first).
Saving Throw: The attacking party can make a save versus P.E. to break off the attack, so they take only HALF the normal damage from their reversed attack; otherwise they take FULL damage before they can break off the attack.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

My creativity is still lacking, so I am open to requests or suggestions still.
Gryphon Chick
Adventurer
Comment: "Incredible Cosmic Power! ...teeny tiny living space."

Unread post by Gryphon Chick »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:My creativity is still lacking, so I am open to requests or suggestions still.

How about one where the character srinks and grafts himself to the skin of a target like a scab?

Airbender (minor)
The character can hold their breath for three minutes per their level of experience, as well as create an area without air or breathable gas for that time. The range of the power is 30 feet, plus three feet per character level.

Airbender (major)
The character can hold their breath for thirty minutes per their level of experience, as well as create an area without air or breathable gas for that time. The range of the power is 300 feet, plus thirty feet per character level.
"Sorry, I'm busy tonight...Same thing I do every night...Trying the take over the world..."
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Gryphon Chick wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:My creativity is still lacking, so I am open to requests or suggestions still.

How about one where the character srinks and grafts himself to the skin of a target like a scab?

Skinwalker (minor) By Stone Gargoyle and Gryphon Chick
"I want to get close to you."

1. Scab: The character can shrink and thin himself out to graft onto the skin of another person.
Range: Skin to skin contact required.
Duration: One hour per PE attribute point.
Effect: The character is reduced to 1% of their former weight and lose all bone and muscle, becoming skin. The skin shrinks to one inch per foot of the character's height and is one inch thick, though unnoticeable as additional if the target is wearing clothes. SDC is reduced to 1% (minimum of 1). The character can move across the body at a rate of one foot per melee round.
Saving Throw: Dodge (must be aware character is doing this), or 14 or better, PE bonus applies, to prevent use of this annoying power.
Bonuses: +20% to Prowl and +2 to strike.
Damage: If the target attempts to remove the character, it will do 2d4 damage to the target. If changing back to full size, the character can choose to roll a strike (4 or better) to do 1d6 damage per 30 pounds of weight and knock the target down.
Attacks: Uses one melee attack/action to shrink or reform.

2. Blocking and Sealing Wounds: This power can be used to hold closed the target's wounds until medical help arrives and has an effective PS equal to that of the character for holding on limbs which have been severed. This can, of course, also be used to attempt to block off air or sight if the character positions himself to block those areas of the face. Positioning over the hands can be used to limit use of fingers or to obscure fingerprints.

3. Taking Control of a Limb: If attaching to an arm, the character can also do a strength feat and attempt to take control of the arm (on a higher d20 roll if the character has a higher PS than the target).
taalismn
Priest

Have Duct Tape powers already been done?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Have Duct Tape powers already been done?

Not that I am aware of.
taalismn
Priest

Okay...I checked...there IS an APS: Duct Tape by Wolfsgrin...

Hmmm..APS Pizza?
APS: Warbird(aircraft)
Skin Defense: Poison Spines?
Phone Reach(allows superbeing to reach through phonelines to touch/hit whoever is on the other end of the line)(limited by the fact that the superbeing can only reach through the lines up to their shoulder....or neck, if they stick their head through)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Mr. Twist did an equivalent power to phone reach.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Diagnostic Touch (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, based on a suggestion by Mephisto
"You don't feel so good."

The character has the ability to empathically sense illness and injury.

Range: Touch, or one foot at level 6
Duration: Instant; always on.
Attacks: Uses 2 melee attacks/actions.
Bonuses: +2 to grab.
Penalties: -2 to strike in hand to hand combat and sacrifices one attack/action in combat when taking this ability.
Skills: Gains Basic Medical Knowledge at 20% if no other Medical training is taken.

Sense Trauma and Injury (includes broken bones and torn and ruptured muscles and organs): 40%, plus 5 % per level of experience, or adds +20% to Medical skills related to diagnosing this type of problem.

Sense Toxicity and Poisons (includes anything which toxifies or reduces the target's health): 50%, plus 5% per level of experience, or adds +30% to Medical skills related to diagnosing this type of problem.

Sense Disease and Decay: 60%, plus 4% per level of experience, or adds +40% to Medical skills related to diagnosing this type of problem.

Other Abilities and Bonuses:
+1d4+4 to IQ
+20% to save vs. coma/death
+4 to initiative when going to the aid of someone injured
taalismn
Priest

Mephisto wrote:
taalismn wrote:Okay...I checked...there IS an APS: Duct Tape by Wolfsgrin...

Hmmm..APS Pizza?
APS: Warbird(aircraft)
Skin Defense: Poison Spines?
Phone Reach(allows superbeing to reach through phonelines to touch/hit whoever is on the other end of the line)(limited by the fact that the superbeing can only reach through the lines up to their shoulder....or neck, if they stick their head through)

I personally think APS powers have been done as far as they can go...I'd like to see variants or additions to Extraordinary Sense powers, such as Touch Tissue (which would give information on different tissue types, condition of the tissue, etc), or Air Tasting (taste power but only applies to airborne material), maybe new metabolism states for Alter Metabolism, different options for Force Aura, purging powers (you know, getting rid of one environmental factor and replacing it with another), etc.

So noted...I'll try working along those lines... :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Diagnostic Touch (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, based on a suggestion by Mephisto

Liking it.

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Diagnostic Touch (minor) by Stone Gargoyle, based on a suggestion by Mephisto

Liking it.

Batts

Thanks! :D
taalismn
Priest

Ideas for Purge-style powers:

*Desalinate(Minor)---Reduce/Remove the salt from water and food
*Speed Atomic Decay(Minor/Major?)---Accelerate the atomic decay of radioactive materials...great for cleaning up radiation spills or quashing fission reactions...
*Mineral Extraction(Minor)---Allows the superbeing to extract one element from quantities of otehr matter...supposedly, this would allow you to pull gold or plutonoum from sea water...but this would require filtering MASSIVE amounts of material...so it's more useful for finding that gold ring you dropped in the cesspool...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I like the mineral extraction. Maybe you could have a skill where the character can calculate mineral percentages and content.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I like the mineral extraction. Maybe you could have a skill where the character can calculate mineral percentages and content.

You'd have to tie the skill into some sort of sensory input...like taste, smell, or touch(run fine particles through your fingers), or sight(drop that dust through a beam of light....the superbeing's vision is so good they can discern molecular makeup from light refraction...such an ability would also apply to materials vaporized by energy weapons(Spectrographic Vision?)..."That last laser blast might have barely scratched that there giant robot, but now I can tell you it's clad in some sort of titanium-sarmarium alloy!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:I like the mineral extraction. Maybe you could have a skill where the character can calculate mineral percentages and content.

You'd have to tie the skill into some sort of sensory input...like taste, smell, or touch(run fine particles through your fingers), or sight(drop that dust through a beam of light....the superbeing's vision is so good they can discern molecular makeup from light refraction...such an ability would also apply to materials vaporized by energy weapons(Spectrographic Vision?)..."That last laser blast might have barely scratched that there giant robot, but now I can tell you it's clad in some sort of titanium-sarmarium alloy!"

Go with the spectrographic vision... :D
taalismn
Priest

Spectrographic Vision(Minor)
"Yep....those sure are some pretty colors...that's pretty impressive for a gasoline, nitroglycerine, and sodium explosive mix...."

The superbeing's vision is so acute that he can separate out the spectrum of light generated/reflected/refracted through materials, and see their spectrographic wavelength profile. This allows the superbeing to be able to make an educated guess as to their chemical composition. The superbeing can also detect red/blue shift in distant speeding objects, and get an idea whether they are coming closer or moving away from the POV.
Range: Line of Sight
Base Skill: 25%+5% per per level of experience to discern composition from reflected/refracted light, +10% if the material is actually burning/candescing. +5% if Chemistry skill is taken, +10% if Chemistry Analytical is taken.
Bonuses: +10% to Chemistry skills
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Spectrographic Vision(Minor)
"Yep....those sure are some pretty colors...that's pretty impressive for a gasoline, nitroglycerine, and sodium explosive mix...."

The superbeing's vision is so acute that he can separate out the spectrum of light generated/reflected/refracted through materials, and see their spectrographic wavelength profile. This allows the superbeing to be able to make an educated guess as to their chemical composition. The superbeing can also detect red/blue shift in distant speeding objects, and get an idea whether they are coming closer or moving away from the POV.
Range: Line of Sight
Base Skill: 25%+5% per per level of experience to discern composition from reflected/refracted light, +10% if the material is actually burning/candescing. +5% if Chemistry skill is taken, +10% if Chemistry Analytical is taken.
Bonuses: +10% to Chemistry skills

Sweet!
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

dinoform!
basically the character can use any dinosour power s/he can think of!
bonuses-+12 p.s & +12 m.s!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:dinoform!
basically the character can use any dinosour power s/he can think of!

This is vague and confusing. Details please...
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Stone Gargoyle wrote:
abe wrote:dinoform!
basically the character can use any dinosaur power s/he can think of!

This is vague and confusing. Details please...

I would say this would go well with the dino morphus tables in R20. partly cause you are being so ambiguous.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
abe
Hero

Unread post by abe »

with dinoform you can use (for example)a t-rex bite with teradon wings & stegosouruses tail spikes for 24 hours!
howdey folks!!!!!!!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

abe wrote:with dinoform you can use (for example)a t-rex bite with teradon wings & stegosouruses tail spikes for 24 hours!

There stilll should be a limit on how many you can use simultaneously.
taalismn
Priest

Organify(Major)
“Genesis? Could you tone it down a little when we’re off-duty? The toaster just attacked me....”

This ability allows the superbeing to temporarily transform an inanimate, inorganic, object into a living, breathing construct of flesh and blood(or bark and sap). This can be done to repair/heal an item, or create a distraction.
The superbeing MUST specify at the beginning of the use of the power whether they are creating a plant or animal organic construct. Animal Contsructs will immediately begin moving, while Planet Constructs will take root.
Range: Touch or 10 ft per level of experience, and can affect 200 lbs of material per level of experience(400 lbs if altering into a plant state)
Effects:
*Organic Constructs heal at a rate of 5 points per minute(DOUBLE for plants); the healed/repaired damage remains even after the object reverts back to its original inorganic state. They retain their pre-transformation SDC/A.R. in their Organified state.
*Plant Constructs have NO actions/attacks per melee, are immobile, but regenerate twice as fast(10 pts per minute), and take HALF damage from melee attacks(punches, kicks, collisions, kinetic strikes) due to their resilience. If the superbeing spends an extra melee concentrating, the Planet Construct can produce 1d4 edible ‘fruits’(or other vegetable food) per 100 lbs(round down) of Organified construct(GMs; rule what you think is appropriate; a house could produce walnuts, a toaster slices of breadfruit, a telephone pole nuts, etc....).
*Animal Constructs have 1d4 actions/attacks per melee. Vehicles and other mobile constructs move at HALF their pre-Organification speed. If they could not move before, they get a Speed of 2d4. They have an effective P.S. of 5 per every 100 lbs of weight. Animal Constructs will have the IQ equivalent of a rather dumb dog, but they will obey the commands of the creating superbeing.
*Animal Constructs with openings in them get those opennings transformed into jaws, doing 1d4 SDC on a nip or bite for small objects(like toasters), to 3d6 SDC for car hoods and similar appendages.
*Senses of Organic Constructs remain within human norms. Lights become bioluminscent organs.
Weaknesses/Vulnerabilities: While in an organic state, the transformed objects are heir to all the frailties of flesh; they can be targeted by poisons, mind control, and magic, and can be possessed.
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:Organify(Major)
“Genesis? Could you tone it down a little when we’re off-duty? The toaster just attacked me....”

This ability allows the superbeing to temporarily transform an inanimate, inorganic, object into a living, breathing construct of flesh and blood(or bark and sap). This can be done to repair/heal an item, or create a distraction.
The superbeing MUST specify at the beginning of the use of the power whether they are creating a plant or animal organic construct. Animal Contsructs will immediately begin moving, while Planet Constructs will take root.
Range: Touch or 10 ft per level of experience, and can affect 200 lbs of material per level of experience(400 lbs if altering into a plant state)
Effects:
*Organic Constructs heal at a rate of 5 points per minute(DOUBLE for plants); the healed/repaired damage remains even after the object reverts back to its original inorganic state. They retain their pre-transformation SDC/A.R. in their Organified state.
*Plant Constructs have NO actions/attacks per melee, are immobile, but regenerate twice as fast(10 pts per minute), and take HALF damage from melee attacks(punches, kicks, collisions, kinetic strikes) due to their resilience. If the superbeing spends an extra melee concentrating, the Planet Construct can produce 1d4 edible ‘fruits’(or other vegetable food) per 100 lbs(round down) of Organified construct(GMs; rule what you think is appropriate; a house could produce walnuts, a toaster slices of breadfruit, a telephone pole nuts, etc....).
*Animal Constructs have 1d4 actions/attacks per melee. Vehicles and other mobile constructs move at HALF their pre-Organification speed. If they could not move before, they get a Speed of 2d4. They have an effective P.S. of 5 per every 100 lbs of weight. Animal Constructs will have the IQ equivalent of a rather dumb dog, but they will obey the commands of the creating superbeing.
*Animal Constructs with openings in them get those opennings transformed into jaws, doing 1d4 SDC on a nip or bite for small objects(like toasters), to 3d6 SDC for car hoods and similar appendages.
*Senses of Organic Constructs remain within human norms. Lights become bioluminscent organs.
Weaknesses/Vulnerabilities: While in an organic state, the transformed objects are heir to all the frailties of flesh; they can be targeted by poisons, mind control, and magic, and can be possessed.
Duration: 10 minutes per level of experience

This is similar to Iczer's Living Matter power.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:[This is similar to Iczer's Living Matter power.

Well, so much for that blind shot in the dark....anybody needs me, I'll be over in the Automotive section detailing the armor on a seventy-ton hovertank...(shrug)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Thathurla wrote:Could someone make a powers that gives a person the able to absorb the psionic energy in the fear from others and convert it into physical strength?

There are already powers like that. Check through this thread and the Black Vault Wiki: http://wiki.thedeificnmi.com/index.php?title=Main_Page
taalismn
Priest

Terminal Boredom Power?
Nah...that would either be Induce Sleep, Stun, or Sensory Deprivation.... :frust:
Gotta be some way to use this idea-drought against itself...
Desiccation power?
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I have been hard pressed to find inspiration myself. Suggestions and requests are welcome.
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Eclipse: Major
'Time to turn the lights out'

The character generates a light disrupting field that actively destroys and hampers light.
By expending an action, the character reduces the power of localised light sources by 80%. a bright, sunny day can become a gloomy dusk, while shadows deepen and darken.
The power of eclipse lies mostly in its vast range. The character can plunge an area 300 feet across at first level, and this area extends 100 feet every level. This field of dimmnes lasts until cancelled, or he cannot concentrate on it (darkness lifts by 10% every round if not maintained).
The area of darkness has the following consequences
* Everyone in the vicinity enjoys a bonus of 30% to prowl due to darkness.
* Lasers and radiation are reduced to 20% effectiveness (one fifth range and damage)
* Sunlight becomes negated. Vampires can tolerate the remaining light (though they feel that the sun is still 'up' and are tired, but the light does no damage. Likewise a target who is solar powered considers this darkness to be night. a target with nightstalking also consideres the affected area to be 'at night'.

In addition, the character can instead coallesse this darkness upon themselves. They become a dark outline, standing in contrast to their surroundings. The character requires concentation to maintain this, counting as one action per melee to maintain. While darkened, he has a prowl of 90% while in normal darkness, and is immune to lasers and radiation, and take half damage from heat and fire.

Other bonuses: The character has darkvision: he can see 120 feet even in complete darkness.
While in darkness: (created by himself or another) he gains +50SDC, +6 PS +4 PP and doubles his Spd attribute.

Batts
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:I have been hard pressed to find inspiration myself. Suggestions and requests are welcome.

Necrocloning? The ability to produce (dead) bodies (of oneself or others)....5 minutes for a fresh 'blank'(identical to the DNA, but not of distinguishing marks like scars, dental alterations, and non-genotypic changes, 15 minutes if the superbeing actually can touch the person to be duplicated, and can make the proper alterations(the corpse is still produced without clothing though)...."Are you sure it's really him this time? This is like the fifth funeral for him we've had to attend, and I'm getting kinda tired of it..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Necrocloning (minor)
"Are you sure it's really him this time? This is like the fifth funeral for him we've had to attend, and I'm getting kinda tired of it..."

The ability to produce (dead) bodies (of oneself or others). This is used as a delay technique by faking one's death, or to produce a false trail of evidence.

Range: "Corpse" is created 10 feet away per level; can scan target DNA up to 100 feet away per level.
Duration: 24 hours per level before dissolving
Attacks: 5 minutes for a fresh 'blank'(identical to the DNA, but not of distinguishing marks like scars, dental alterations, and non-genotypic changes, 15 minutes if the superbeing actually can touch the person to be duplicated, and can make the proper alterations (the corpse is still produced without clothing though).
Number: Can create one at a time at level 1, with one more at levels 3, 6, 9, 12 and 15.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Knocking on Heaven's Door (minor)

By knocking on a door, the character may attempt to travel to a deific realm. This is done by having been to the deific realm at least once and reproducing its harmonic vibration in the form of a knock (Base skill: 30%, plus 5% per level of experience). A failed knock has a 30% chance of taking him to the WRONG deific realm. The character can always knock on a door to return to his own home immediately.
Range: Unlimited to places known which have doors.
Duration: The character remains in any realm indefinitely once there. Travel is instant.
Attacks: Uses two actions to knock.
Additional Effects: A metal knocker seems to appear in the character's hand, attached to the door, when he knocks.
Limitations: Must be deific realms and must have doors.
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Necrocloning (minor)
"Are you sure it's really him this time? This is like the fifth funeral for him we've had to attend, and I'm getting kinda tired of it...".

Thanks...wasn't sure it had been done yet... :)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Stone Gargoyle wrote:Knocking on Heaven's Door (minor)

By knocking on a door, the character may attempt to travel to a deific realm. This is done by having been to the deific realm at least once and reproducing its harmonic vibration in the form of a knock (Base skill: 30%, plus 5% per level of experience). A failed knock has a 30% chance of taking him to the WRONG deific realm. The character can always knock on a door to return to his own home immediately.
Duration: The character remains in any realm indefinitely once there. Travel is instant.
Additional Effects: A metal knocker seems to appear in the character's hand, attached to the door, when he knocks.

Strange....but has potential for all sorts of trouble...
"Hey, let's pay a visit on my good friend God! He won't mind if we drop by..." :angel:
:demon:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:Necrocloning (minor)
"Are you sure it's really him this time? This is like the fifth funeral for him we've had to attend, and I'm getting kinda tired of it...".

Thanks...wasn't sure it had been done yet... :)

I did one similar a while back but am not sure it covered others.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

taalismn wrote:

Strange....but has potential for all sorts of trouble...
"Hey, let's pay a visit on my good friend God! He won't mind if we drop by..." :angel:
:demon:

What can I say? I got the song stuck in my head...
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

Liquid Plasma generation [Minor]
‘Now look at that..I got...goop all over my new suit’

The character can generate energy and use it to form temporary shields and bolts for offensive and defensive purposes.
By expending an action, the character can fling a bolt of liquid plasma at a target, inflicting 4D6 damage out to targets within 60 feet with +4 to strike (aimed shots only)
This power can be used to absorb damage. The character can expend an action to ‘parry’ an attack (roll as normal parry, but add an additional +4) The liquid plasma forms a brief shield, absorbing 4D6 damage from a single kinetic or energy based attack. This can be used to parry for any target within 30 feet.
Jet: By firing at the ground, the liquid plasma can be used to propel the character 30 feet upwards or 60 feet across. By dripping the plasma at his feet and ‘skating’ on the surface he generates, he can double his land speed, and ride his own liquid plasma trail with minimal exertion (1/10th normal)

Unleash the beast [Minor]
‘Dammit man. I told you if you shot him in the Crotch you’ll only make him mad!’

The character can draw inner reserves of power from within himself to fuel his other abilities, but at a horrible cost, as his humanity starts to melt away he becomes more feral and bestial.
The character can lower His PB by one point at any time (it does not count as an action to do so). If he does so, then one of his other powers rises in a level of effectiveness (as if he were a level higher) This sudden boost lasts for one melee round, but the PB loss is much more long term (PB recovers one point every hour.)
Likewise, the character can absorb damage by ‘monsterfying’, able to defray 10 damage for every PB he drops. (Malcom Throws himself on a grenade and takes 80 damage for his trouble. He takes and rises from the smoke cloud with warped and twisted horrific features.
PB loss makes the character clearly appear progressively more and more inhuman. In addition, the character can expect a 2% shift in mass and body shape as the all over changes start to wreck his body.

Lay roots [Major]
‘You know I always wanted to explore my roots. Nowadays I just lay them myself’

The character can create anchoring root systems from his hands and feet that he can use offensively, to secure himself or to make an emergency getaway.
1) Secure roots: By laying down tendrils from his feet into the floor, the character becomes unable to be moved without unconventional force. The roots drive down about 5 feet as an action, and if they find traction in solid matter the character becomes fixed to the ground with an effective PS equal to his own PE score +5 per level. While secured, the character cannot be moved by a lesser force, nor can he be tripped. He also cannot dodge, nor effectively roll with punch/fall/impact. These roots add +20% to all his climb rolls.
2) offensive uses: The character can attempt to lay roots in a target. This requires the character touch a target (one action) and then he may immediately attempt to impale him with the root system. A touched or held target takes 3D6 damage, and the target and character are bonded to each other. The character may inflict an additional 3D6 damage as an action every round until the tendrils are ripped apart or torn loose (treat as a normal escape, but only PS can be used, and the character enjoys a +2 bonus per level) Tearing the tendrils does not harm the character in any way.
The character can also create 4 feet of root system as an action, to use as a makeshift whip. This whip inflicts 2D6 damage (plus PS damage bonus)
3) Root transmission: By tunnelling with his root system, the character can drive his tendrils through up to 50 feet per level of rock, concrete and other natural substances, sending tendrils out at a rate of 5 feet per melee action. When the tendrils reach an open air pocket, the character can simply pass his essence through his own root system and ‘birth’ his body on the other side, leaving his skin and clothing behind (he will regrow skin.) The character takes 4D6 damage from this, but this can make an effective, if somewhat messy, escape route

Pursuit [Major]
‘Give it up exploder..there is no place you can go that I cannot find you.’

The character possesses a peculiar form of power mimicry based on a target’s energy signature.
The character must designate a target when he uses this power. The target must be clearly visible and must be within 60 feet. Designating a target in this manner requires an action to do so.
Once a target is designated, the character can follow him by a number of means.
* Firstly, his eyes can faintly see the target’s after image. This is faint and sporadic, but allows the character to track the target through virtually any terrain with a 75% chance +4% per level (Check every quarter mile). The character can follow this trail at his normal movement rate. Because he can sense his afterimage, the character will know what his appearance was at any given site, and what general actions he has performed, providing the character can make the relevant perception Check (14+ IQ bonuses apply as per normal perception rules) (Jonas is tracking the Hydester. He tracks him through a pawn shop and notices the afterimage grabbing something from the gun rack on the way through. Jonas knows that Hydster is armed again)
* Secondly, the character can sense distance and direction to the target when he is within 100 feet. this is always accurate and can substitute for sight in otherwise sightless conditions.
* Thirdly, if the target uses any movement or escape type powers, the character can manifest them at the same locations. If the mighty hopper leapt over a wall, the character manifests a brief use of the same power to leap the same wall. Likewise with the exotic movement powers (doorways, adhesion, teleport, distort space etc) The character loses the acquired powers if he deviates from his target’s path by more than 40 feet. The character does not gain any other benefits of any acquired powers except to follow the target.
Limitations: The character can only hold a target for 2 hours, plus 20 minutes per level. Likewise, if the target gets on a train or a plane, the trail will be able to be seen, but it is unlikely that the character will be able to catch up within his normal time limit. He can refresh this time limit if he meets the original conditions again (target clearly visible within 50 feet and an action is taken).

Other bonuses: has a sixth sense of what the target is going to do. Can dodge his target’s attacks without using an action to do so, and has +2 to strike and parry his target.
His keen senses are useful for regular tracking as well. He enjoys visual acuity an aural acuity equal to twice as good as a normal member of his species. His senses of taste and smell are also very good (but not superhumanly so). He enjoys +20% to any skill used to track in any regular fashion

Batts
Iczer
Prince of Powers

Unread post by Iczer »

SO...how often does the highlighted bit happen. How would you even know you had this power?

Batts
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Iczer wrote:

SO...how often does the highlighted bit happen. How would you even know you had this power?

Batts

You would know after hearing the knock pattern in your head after the first time having been there. I would see this as an ability bestowed by the god of that realm.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

So is it all Deific realms of just one?
-Jade Emp.
-Olympus
-etc
-etc.....

Is there a flip side power that lets the char enter a Hell also? Or is it the same power with just the underworld rulers' giving access?
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”