Imbued Character

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Re: Imbued Character

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

How do they consume the magic item?

Do they have to regurgitate (or pass) the item so they can consume it again?
-------------------------------
If they just have to have the object on them, it's a magic object in the magic section.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Thathurla wrote:What characters can you name that would be an Imbued character that uses a magicl item/amulet as the imbuing agent?
What characters from where?
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

I think the poster is looking for examples to use for inspiration,not conversion.He asked me the same question in an email,and I have yet to think of an example.I suggested it originally as a possible alternative to the mystic object category.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

To me, this is borderline "conversion" attempt, but since no one has actually posted a name of an existing character and as long as no one does, then this thread is fine.

But I will be watching it.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

As far as i can think there really isnt any heroes in comics or anything that gets their powers from shooting up errrr. "imbueing" ...lol..

But one type of class that reminds me of Imbued is Juicers from Rifts, they have that chemical drug in their system, and now they are faster,better,stronger, harder etc.

So thats kind of my interpretation of them just gotta kinda create your own guy who made his fluids work for him.
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
Shadowfyr
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadowfyr »

Only thing i find about that statement. is when the word "Magical" is tossed it , doesnt it immediately get subjugated to the Mystically Bestowed/enchanted category?
You are so huggably evil! :ok: ~ Temporalmage

So, come to a concensus...
Put five people in a room, and you have ten opinions! ~ Borast
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

I can think of at least one.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Captain Shiva
Adventurer
Comment: In sheer daemonic strangeness I am unparalleled

Unread post by Captain Shiva »

Shadowfyr wrote:Only thing i find about that statement. is when the word "Magical" is tossed it , doesnt it immediately get subjugated to the Mystically Bestowed/enchanted category?

No, magic amulets are an option for imbued characters,according to the percentile chart.
Have you ever been thrown out of a Rifts game for being smarter than the Game Master?
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The only difference that I can see between the Magic object and a magic amulet/item Imbued chars is that the imbued char has time limits on how long and how often that they can use their powers.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”