What would happen if?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Re: What would happen if?

Unread post by Subjugator »

A Sling Juicer would be a good NPC class. I'm calling it a game breaker for a PC though.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Subjugator wrote:A Sling Juicer would be a good NPC class. I'm calling it a game breaker for a PC though.

/Sub

Depends on how it's written up, but yeah, it has the potential for munchkin-fu.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

Danger wrote:
Subjugator wrote:A Sling Juicer would be a good NPC class. I'm calling it a game breaker for a PC though.

/Sub

they couldn't come up with a good name for it... i mean, really, what do you call it? the juiceslinger? sounds like a kitchen appliance =P
Wildfire
Adventurer

Unread post by Wildfire »

the Juiceslinger the next evolution for the slap chop
maked smoothies and pizza toppings in seconds flat
It cleans up in miliseconds

(provided you like human and D bee smothies and pizzas ) ;)
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I would screw my players by explaining that the Gunslinger spent years honing his skills and by jumping up his body with absurd amounts of drugs he's ruined the finely honed reflexes he's developed.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

I often treat the juiser prossess as a template that can be added to most characters. A Gunslinger who got the juicer opperation would be a force to be reconed with. A 10th level "slinger" might be an old guy who did it to go out with a bang.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

ThemBones wrote:if an aged Human gunslinger OCC ( 10th level and up) were to take a juicer conversion, Would the physical benefits of the juicer improvements affect the quick draw bonuses? As a follow up , Would The gunslinger then have to use the Juicer Skill options or would he keep the gunslinger skills?

It would be munchkin-fu as it was said earlier lol that made me laugh. (even tho it is true)

But in all honesty ..

I'd not be as scared of a Juicer slinger .. as I would be of a Jeridu Gun Slinger.

THAT would be nasty as any varment out there ..

Straight nasty ..
Mallak's Place
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Mallak's Place »

Well you described hin as a aged gun slinger.. how old is he? I would think at a certain age the full Juicer conversion would almost be deadly, It would almost ertainly burn the older body out faster.

Also I think it's the Triax book that has rules on limited Juier conversions.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Shark_Force wrote:
Danger wrote:

/Sub

they couldn't come up with a good name for it... i mean, really, what do you call it? the juiceslinger? sounds like a kitchen appliance =P

Draw, Pardner! (Whips out a lemon and crushes it over his crispy panko battered fish)
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Shark_Force wrote:they couldn't come up with a good name for it... i mean, really, what do you call it? the juiceslinger? sounds like a kitchen appliance =P

I decided on Sling Juicer...do whatcha want though. :P

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
azazel1024
Champion
Comment: So an ogre, an orc and a gnome walk in to a bar...

Unread post by azazel1024 »

I do like the Triax limited conversions. Heck in Triax 2 I'd love to see an expansion of that stuff. It makes some sense to me, you don't need to turbocharge a human body with the stuff to the level of juicer, you chould just tweak it up some.

As for age, nothing is mentioned anywhere that I can see. I would think that as opposed to being fatal there should be age effects on the life span after conversion.

I vote for any age over 30 (for a human) if you get a juicer conversion you reduce the life span by 20%. So at age 40 you'd reduce the life span by 20%, 50yrs 40%, 60 years 60%, etc. to a minimum of 10% (so at 80 years and older you'd still have 10% remaining...or a handful of months).

I'd also rule that at age 50 and beyond the attribute bonuses and SDC/HP bonuses are reduced by 10% for every 10 years of age (down to a minimum of 10% also). So this hypothetical 80 year old guy who gets a juicer conversion to avenge his grand daughter is going to see his life span go from 5yrs 4d6mon to 6 mon + 1d6 weeks and he'd only see 70% of the bonuses of a younger juicer.

To me it makes sense, an old human body just doesn't have the capabilities anymore. Of course this would need tweaking depending on the medicine of the area. Someone in a wilderness community might have a back breaking job with little or no medical care and at age 50 might be the equivelent to a 70 year old in the real world health wise, a coalition citizen (in one of the super cities) at 70 might feel and be like a 50 or 60 year old today, a Japanese, NGR or PW human at age 100 might appear like a 50 or 60 year old today.

Anyway, it fast rules, but I think it works a bit.
-Matt

Return to “Rifts®”