Anti-Monster TW cyborg or Tech. Full Conversion Cyborg ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Anti-Monster TW cyborg or Tech. Full Conversion Cyborg ?

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Which you YOU choose for yourself in real life if the were available.

Antimonster tw cyborg
or
Full Conversion Combat Cyborg (all thats left of you is a brain).

I do not want to see answers like "neigher" or such. If your going to answer, actually answer the dang question. This is an "either #1 or #2" question. Which one.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
taalismn
Priest

Re: Anti-Monster TW cyborg or Tech. Full Conversion Cyborg ?

Unread post by taalismn »

Full conversion cyborg....autoimmune rejection leaves me queasy....
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

TechnoGothic wrote:Which you YOU choose for yourself in real life if the were available.

Antimonster tw cyborg
or
Full Conversion Combat Cyborg (all thats left of you is a brain).

I do not want to see answers like "neigher" or such. If your going to answer, actually answer the dang question. This is an "either #1 or #2" question. Which one.

Anti-Monster for overall abilities ..

They simply in my opinion are better.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Yeah, but I can share spare parts with my Honda :D
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
TechnoGothic
Knight

This is tough Question for me. I like both so much.

Anti-Monster has its bonuses and negatives.
Full Conversion Borg just has so many possibilities.

#1 Full Conversion Borg
*Eternal Brain chip (mindwerkz) So no need to worry about my brain aging on me. I'd risk insanity.
*Nano-healers from Bionic Sourcebook, tied to power source to recharge 'em.
*everything else just gravy...on a need bases.

#2 Anti-Monster
*Pick = Forearm Vibroblades
*Heavy Borg Armor as a cyber/bionic implant.
*Either Bionic Wings or Bionic Jet Pack for Flight.
*Multi-opic Eyes of course
*Enhanced Hearing of course
*Energy weapon of some kind = Forearm, Shoulder, Palm, Chest. or Eyes. Does not really matter to me. Laser or Ion most likely. PB only if Forearm or Shoulder.
**Would be cool to have the Cyborg Gatling Gun for a Shoulder weapon, with a full ammo-belt as part of the process. That way you could regrow/heal the ammo too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Squiz wrote:Well I play a full conversion Borg and my buddy plays an Anti Monster in the same game. I'd say they're both good, and they're both very cool. It comes down to preference. A Cyborg is still more human, you'll scare people, but not as much as an inhuman monster. But that's a plus to some people :D

The Anti Monster dies within 15 years anyways, doesn't it?

No...

After 1d4 years the Anti-Monster faces a 5% chance that the body will reject the TW cybernetics. Ecen if the save is made the Anti-Monster is crippled -7 Strike/Parry/Dodge, # Attacks and Speed is Halved for 1d6 Months. Afterwards the Anti-Monster is only at -2 Strike/Parry/Dodge, and -25% to Speed/Attacks.
After another 1d6 years, the Anti-Monster again goes through this "chance of Rejection"
After another 2d4 years, ahppens yet again.
After the Third Rejection Crisis, the Anti-Monster recovers forever.

Anti-Monsters do not Age, breathe, eat, or drink, etc...and can live forever or until slain. Due to their Combat use, most rarely live past 15 years however.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

Now that they have bionic wings its a full converstion all the way.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

I would reluctantly choose combat borg but be unhappy with either.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Hm. I'm split between the Anti-Monster and the Mantis borg from Russia. I'm leaning toward the Anti-Monster, though the insanity concerns me. If I could be guaranteed no insanity, it'd be the Anti-Monster hands down. Right now I'm 60/40 in favor of the Anti-Monster.

BTW TechnoGothic, the repair kits aren't listed as being able to be tied to the power supply. They have to be replaced for one set and recharged and replenished for the other.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
TechnoGothic
Knight

Subjugator wrote:Hm. I'm split between the Anti-Monster and the Mantis borg from Russia. I'm leaning toward the Anti-Monster, though the insanity concerns me. If I could be guaranteed no insanity, it'd be the Anti-Monster hands down. Right now I'm 60/40 in favor of the Anti-Monster.

BTW TechnoGothic, the repair kits aren't listed as being able to be tied to the power supply. They have to be replaced for one set and recharged and replenished for the other.

/Sub

The Tied to Internal Battery would be just for the power cells of the nanites.
They would still need to be replenlished with raw material or addition nanited that would be used up repairing damage.

Alternative...
Add an Extra new Cybernetic/bionic : "Advanced Self-Repair System" : Nanites repair minor damage very well within 2d4 hours (under 25 mdc). However greater damge the nanites will need to "eat" and "convert" other mdc metals for the Borg in question. Also, the nanites cause the borg to require 1 lbs of raw mdc metals per month for wear and tear repairs to negate the need to visit a cyber-doc over the little thing called maintance issues. nanites even repirs the paint job (if programmed to).
I am inspired by the Machine People method of repairing themselves for Tech Cyborgs.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

tough question...I'd hate to lose my humanity.

I'd probably go AM in the end. The main jist for me would be the self healing, and the chance to live forever.

This is of course assuming I get to chose my own life.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

TechnoGothic wrote:The Tied to Internal Battery would be just for the power cells of the nanites.
They would still need to be replenlished with raw material or addition nanited that would be used up repairing damage.

Still gotta go back to have it done. That's why I'm concerned about being a regular borg instead of an Anti-Monster.

Alternative...
Add an Extra new Cybernetic/bionic : "Advanced Self-Repair System" : Nanites repair minor damage very well within 2d4 hours (under 25 mdc). However greater damge the nanites will need to "eat" and "convert" other mdc metals for the Borg in question. Also, the nanites cause the borg to require 1 lbs of raw mdc metals per month for wear and tear repairs to negate the need to visit a cyber-doc over the little thing called maintance issues. nanites even repirs the paint job (if programmed to).
I am inspired by the Machine People method of repairing themselves for Tech Cyborgs.

Well, yeah, if we're going to add rules, then sure I'd like to be a regular borg.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.

Return to “Rifts®”