Dwarven Iron Ship PPE Generator

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Dwarven Iron Ship PPE Generator

Unread post by Astral Pantheon »

Now its Runes and Nuclear Power (last 20 years I believe). Generates 6000 PPE per hour (Don't have book in front of me so correct me if I'm wrong) and stores about 20,000 PPE. That gives any mage an amazing almost unlimited supply of PPE for the upper level magics But I'm more interested in:

*This was designed to power a ship and has a nuclear component if a mortal human mage is channelling this awesome power is nuclear radiation flowing through the mage as well (if nothing else wouldn't there be some major side effects to its use)??
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Dwarven Iron Ship PPE Generator

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Astral Pantheon wrote:Now its Runes and Nuclear Power (last 20 years I believe). Generates 6000 PPE per hour (Don't have book in front of me so correct me if I'm wrong) and stores about 20,000 PPE. That gives any mage an amazing almost unlimited supply of PPE for the upper level magics But I'm more interested in:

*This was designed to power a ship and has a nuclear component if a mortal human mage is channelling this awesome power is nuclear radiation flowing through the mage as well (if nothing else wouldn't there be some major side effects to its use)??

No, because no radiation would flow though with the PPE, so there would be no side effects.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Astral Pantheon wrote:Now its Runes and Nuclear Power (last 20 years I believe). Generates 6000 PPE per hour (Don't have book in front of me so correct me if I'm wrong) and stores about 20,000 PPE. That gives any mage an amazing almost unlimited supply of PPE for the upper level magics But I'm more interested in:

No, because no radiation would flow though with the PPE, so there would be no side effects.

Nekira Sudacne, thanks for the input. That would be alot of power for one mage :D
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

No, because the nuclear reactor is powering the mundane sides of the ship. While the PPE generator is powering the mystical side of the ship.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:

No, because the nuclear reactor is powering the mundane sides of the ship. While the PPE generator is powering the mystical side of the ship.

And even if you were getting PPE out of it by throwing people into the reaction chamber, the PPE still wouldn't be tainted with Radiation... :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Alright the radiation will not be chanelled but is there any negative effects from too much PPE. I recall Australia had an area with almost unlimited PPE energy and the mage took so much damage per XXX PPE drawn or would it be more like drawing from a magic talisman.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

There is that Mad Dwarf that invented the dwarven ship types.

So maybe to much power would drive the mage insane. Hummm, that is what happens to a sig % of high level magic users anyways.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk

Astral Pantheon wrote:Alright the radiation will not be chanelled but is there any negative effects from too much PPE. I recall Australia had an area with almost unlimited PPE energy and the mage took so much damage per XXX PPE drawn or would it be more like drawing from a magic talisman.

There are no written effects anywhere on the subject.

I would say though, that given the PPE requirements of many spells, simply doing it a few times or even semi-reguarlly would have no ill effect. Only prolonged and extended use would see any result.

GhostKnight
Adventurer

Unread post by GhostKnight »

You'll need new rules that create exhaustion, lower ME and PE per certain percentage over the mage's own ppe, etc. Kind of like gigadamage.
Recovery? Only for the rich and 20 counties.
Anti-Nuclear = Anti-Salmon
PC = Patronizing Cretin
The World Clock
Real Economic Statistics
Astral Pantheon
Adventurer

Thank you Drewkitty ~..~, Nekira Sudacne and to GhostKnight for giving me ideas to think over :D
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Astral Pantheon wrote:...is there any negative effects from too much PPE(?)

NO! it doesn't effect us er me.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There is that Mad Dwarf that invented the dwarven ship types.

So maybe to much power would drive the mage insane. Hummm, that is what happens to a sig % of high level magic users anyways.

Nah, you have to be a meglomanic to be a good mage anyway.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
jtjr26
Wanderer

Unread post by jtjr26 »

If they developed a generator that produced such enormous amounts they surely must have been able of was to regulate the amount of power a person could tap so they don't become burned out.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Khanibal wrote:
drewkitty ~..~ wrote:There is that Mad Dwarf that invented the dwarven ship types.

Nah, you have to be a megalomaniac to be a good mage anyway.

Laux the Ogre wrote:I agree whole-heartedly. Control over supernatural-forces wouldn't be fun without a dose of megalomania.

So it is a self selecting portion of the mages that go/are mad, while the more sane ones don't obsess about power only reach med levels of power.

I have a NS that has a feature from the megalomania table in rifter 20. when a NS the char has a base of something like 2000 PPE in it's morphus. But the way I run the char, if the char is taking their meds, it only get about 400 PPE while in it's morphus.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”