New Generation Book info!!!

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: New Generation Book info!!!

Unread post by taalismn »

Chris0013 wrote:We need a way for mecha to carry additional magazines for their gunpods....didn;t the old book have the VTs with a spare mag in each leg???

200 rds in a GU-11 may sound fine but in the heat of combat you run out of ammo when you most need it.

Gu-11? Not with the spiral magazine those things have...
The confusion may stem from the McKinney novels, where it mentions the VF-1s reloading from extra supplies in the legs...there's no reload capacity in the original RPG, and looking at cutaway schematic art for the GU-11 shows it would be very difficult, if not impossible, to field-reload it..
That's reason enough for the unaerodynamic 'banna clip' on the EU-13, which SHOULD be able to carry a spare clip or two somewhere(s) on the mecha frame and swap it in...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

Chris0013 wrote:We need a way for mecha to carry additional magazines for their gunpods....didn;t the old book have the VTs with a spare mag in each leg???

200 rds in a GU-11 may sound fine but in the heat of combat you run out of ammo when you most need it.

I think you have it confused with the GU-XX, the alphas used to carry two extra clips (Invid Invasion pg 50)
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

Hopefully these little problems will be ironed out when the New Generation book comes out.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

That would be nice if they did.

Aramanthus
Monk

I can't wait to see that book.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

hopefully we will get the energy weapons from the Invasion game, Lunk's Cannon, Dusty Ayre's pistol (you can see a pattern here...more guns...anything that can be pulled from the material) and possibley some early model cyclones.

Wolf's older armor from Scott's flashback would be nice too.
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm looking forward to it. Any further info on it.

HH....FIE
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I think Ariel could be made into a special case. In fact, I see her as a proto-regis in a way.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

ryuto wrote:
Tiree wrote:I think Ariel could be made into a special case. In fact, I see her as a proto-regis in a way.

Makes sense, especially since we don't see Saria in SC which makes Ariel the only 'Princess'.

No it just means that Seria, was not part of the Shadow Chronicles story line. So why would her not being in the SC movie make Ariel the only princess? Would this mean Rand and the others are simply gones since they are not part of the new storyline?

I doubt we will see anything for stage four Invid. I am hoping for the ability to role-play stage five Invid characters without the super powers stuff. Because my players will be sad if they have the powers in the game. Since I would not allow them in a non rifts game.

dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

I certainly hope that Ariel gets treated as a special case, and that the typical humanoid invid won't have her "Symphony of Light" powers. Certainly, neither Sera nor Corg displayed any such abilities in the final episodes of New Generation.

Of course, I would also have hoped that Ariel wouldn't have been given the instinctive mecha piloting skills that were listed for her in Shadow Chronicles. Why can't you arrange to have at least two classes of humanoid Invid: the Sera-type mecha pilots and the Ariel-type mages? That would let you ignore the Ariel-types if so inclined, or to include them without rendering the Sera-types obsolete. Personally, I'd like to see them go with more than just two: I know that Tesla was part of the Sentinels, not the New Generation; but I'd still like to see options for Invid scientists and the like. Give us a functioning Invid society, not just a bunch of "alien occupier" stereotypes.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

dataweaver wrote:I certainly hope that Ariel gets treated as a special case, and that the typical humanoid invid won't have her "Symphony of Light" powers. Certainly, neither Sera nor Corg displayed any such abilities in the final episodes of New Generation.

Of course, I would also have hoped that Ariel wouldn't have been given the instinctive mecha piloting skills that were listed for her in Shadow Chronicles. Why can't you arrange to have at least two classes of humanoid Invid: the Sera-type mecha pilots and the Ariel-type mages? That would let you ignore the Ariel-types if so inclined, or to include them without rendering the Sera-types obsolete. Personally, I'd like to see them go with more than just two: I know that Tesla was part of the Sentinels, not the New Generation; but I'd still like to see options for Invid scientists and the like. Give us a functioning Invid society, not just a bunch of "alien occupier" stereotypes.

A non-mecha piloting invid would be cool but basically have the abiltiy to fold space like a ship and zipping all around the universe like the Regsis is a bit much for a PC. But a mage type would be cool.
I would like to see a stage four like Tesla brought to the game.

dataweaver
Adventurer

ryuto wrote:I still wonder how/if they're going to fit the Sentinels races into the RPG. We know that they're still around going by the Prelude to the Shadow Chronicles comic, which, I believe Kevin said Palladium has access to. So, it's still possible to add them as kind of a minor faction in some group, which I'd still like to see, especially with the new designs.
I'm hoping for a Sentinels sourcebook. For better or worse, it would conform to Tommy Yune's version of the Sentinels, which may or may not correspond to the scripts or the novels; but I suspect that it will come closer than the original Sentinels RPG did. But if not there, my second preference would be to include the Sentinel races in a book that's centered on the Robotech setting's colonization efforts. If nothing else, I at least want a book that describes the established alien worlds of the setting.

So those are my guesses: a Sentinels Saga Sourcebook, or a Robotech Galaxy Sourcebook.
dataweaver
Adventurer

Lt Gargoyle wrote:A non-mecha piloting invid would be cool but basically have the abiltiy to fold space like a ship and zipping all around the universe like the Regsis is a bit much for a PC.
Not even Ariel can do that - yet. OTOH, it might make for an interesting twist, with appropriate limits: a ragtag team of New Generation freedom fighters gets a simulagent planted in their midst; after the Battle of Reflex Point, said simulagent takes them world-hopping. Appropriate limitations would be that doing more than Ariel was seen to do in Shadow Chronicles would tax the Invid's resources, and would require her to spend, say, a day or two resting before she can do any more teleporting.
Lt Gargoyle wrote:But a mage type would be cool.
Agreed. That said, I find myself wondering what else an Invid mage should be capable of. Ariel was able to put on a spectacular light show during the Battle of Reflex Point (when she summoned Scott's team into the hive); so I can see an Invid Mage having illusion powers. I could see her being able to drain energy from Protoculture, essentially feeding on it. Hmm... maybe I should look at the Perytonian Energy Wizards from the old Sentinels RPG for more ideas...
Lt Gargoyle wrote:I would like to see a stage four like Tesla brought to the game.
Heh. He'd have a heck of a problem blending in with a human freedom fighter group; but I could see possibilities in a New Gen story told from the Invid perspective, or a Sentinels or (better yet) Shadow Chronicles story - the latter could have as prologue Ariel contacting the Regess and convincing her to send some Invid forces back to Earth to help the UEEF fight the Haydonite threat: a common enemy makes for strange bedfellows.
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

I would classify the Invid as more of a Psionic race than "Magic" using race. As for Aerials abilities, it must be remembered that She is the oldest of her "Class/Caste" and was never intended as a Mecha Pilot. Another thing that must be said is that because of her memory loss of her "Invid" identity, she had much more time and freedom to explore who she was as opposed to what she was because up until almost the end she believed herself to be human. Both Sera and Corg Never had Ammisia and never did nor had the chance to do any real "self" exploration because they really were not allowed to do so. They Functioned in a purely Military Capacity.

Tesla was a Stage 4 invid in the Regents Crew. I do not forsee any information forthcomming about stage 4's as anything other than those power armor troops.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

On a more optimistic note, I wonder whose glaring eyes are going to adorn the cover top of the Marine Sourcebook?
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

taalismn wrote:On a more optimistic note, I wonder whose glaring eyes are going to adorn the cover top of the Marine Sourcebook?
Maybe the glaring eyes of fans who still wonder where the Marines were in the show... :D :lol:
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Chris0013
Hero

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
taalismn wrote:On a more optimistic note, I wonder whose glaring eyes are going to adorn the cover top of the Marine Sourcebook?
Maybe the glaring eyes of fans who still wonder where the Marines were in the show... :D :lol:

SHUSH!!!!!!!!
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

dataweaver wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:A non-mecha piloting invid would be cool but basically have the abiltiy to fold space like a ship and zipping all around the universe like the Regsis is a bit much for a PC.
Not even Ariel can do that - yet. OTOH, it might make for an interesting twist, with appropriate limits: a ragtag team of New Generation freedom fighters gets a simulagent planted in their midst; after the Battle of Reflex Point, said simulagent takes them world-hopping. Appropriate limitations would be that doing more than Ariel was seen to do in Shadow Chronicles would tax the Invid's resources, and would require her to spend, say, a day or two resting before she can do any more teleporting.

She jumped with Marcus Rush after the Icurus folded. She told Scott she would return and saved him. You can call it teleporting if you like. But I do not see teleporting through the Galaxy as a feasible thing for a PC.

FreelancerMar wrote:I would classify the Invid as more of a Psionic race than "Magic" using race. As for Aerials abilities, it must be remembered that She is the oldest of her "Class/Caste" and was never intended as a Mecha Pilot. Another thing that must be said is that because of her memory loss of her "Invid" identity, she had much more time and freedom to explore who she was as opposed to what she was because up until almost the end she believed herself to be human. Both Sera and Corg Never had Ammisia and never did nor had the chance to do any real "self" exploration because they really were not allowed to do so. They Functioned in a purely Military Capacity.

Tesla was a Stage 4 invid in the Regents Crew. I do not forsee any information forthcomming about stage 4's as anything other than those power armor troops.

I can see that, A Pyschic then. But I would like to see it done.

Well I do not think the entire empire of the Regent would have fallen just because he did. I could see a higher caste stage 4 Invid taking command of a hive or a small patrol fleet with the scorpion style ship (was in prelude) so I would like to see them included. It could be fun for a group of Players to run.

Robot Urchin wrote:Aside from what you want to see in the book, when are we going to see the book itself? The release date for UEEF Marines has been pushed back to "fall 2009", and the New Generation book now has no firm date. Plus, Jason Marker (who wrote most of the three existing books - and did a pretty good job too) won't be with Palladium full time.

I know we're going to get more Robotech books, but with HG's track record of completing & releasing shows after the original TV series (1 out of 4) I'm not certain. I know Palladium isn't HG, but I'm reflexively worried. Worrying is a unique part of Robotech fandom at this point.

Are we ever going to see a shadow chronicles sourcebook and a super shadow fighter? :(

I am sure we will see a New Gen, book. And the Marines book is a source book. So we hopefully will see more. As for the super shadow fighter I am hoping it will be in the UEEF Navy source book. :D But you should not worrry! it will cause you to get wrinkles and lose your hair! Besides they have pushed 3 books out since shadow chronicles and that is not bad at all for everyone involved in this process. And Just because Jason is not part of the Staff full time does not mean he will not pump out this book. I am sure he has been working on it all ready and can finish it up and get paid.

Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

If Jason gets work at another Game Company, I doubt that he would still work on the Robotech Line. In either case: Goodluck Jason! I hope your leads pan out.

The new Marine books looks interesting. Only 1 new OCC and several MOS's
Tiree
Champion

Unread post by Tiree »

Latest Murmur has Kevin lining up a Freelancer for the RT Line. I wonder who it is that is going to be working on it? (and no it's not me... even though I would love to do the work!)
Tolarin
D-Bee

Unread post by Tolarin »

Let me add my voice to this:

The world definetly needs more of Lancer's Rockers.

*laughs*

I think a SC-rendition would be awesome.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

i am glad to hear that kevin has someone working on Robotech. it would be a shame if Palladium dropped the ball here. Robotech was the whole reason i started playing the Palladium game system.

green.nova343
Adventurer

Unread post by green.nova343 »

Tiree wrote:
Robot Urchin wrote:
Chris0013 wrote:New and Variant mecha....here is hoping or a lot of new toys....my biggest hope...Lunk's big'ole'honkin'gun'o'smackdown

Not too many toys, I hope. It would wind up like Macross and the Masters - while those books were cool, they were mostly equipment and had room for little else. Character bios (especially since New Generation was way more focused on character than story), adventure ideas and world info are definitely welcome (though world info isn't specifically listed). I hope we get the Invid/human cyborg stats too.

I am going to disagree with you on what I would like to see (slightly) - I rather they drop the Character Bio's for more equipment or World Information. Character Bio's do nothing to help flesh out the world and the game, save for a hint in the Character's background. But Equipment and World Info are by far more valuable and usable for a game master and group.

Heck, as long as you have the original Invid Invasion book, you don't need character bios. Just convert them over from the old O.C.C.s to the new O.C.C.s...
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

As much as I love mecha and gear, I hope the New Generation sourcebook contains world/story information about what has happened since the initial Invid Invasion up to and beyond the battle at Reflex Point. I never noticed it myself as I know the Robotech story, but I lent my Macross book and Invid Invasion books (the old ones) to a friend of mine who never watched Robotech, and he was surprised at how little information there actually was on the world and the actual story. I know that chances are if you are buying a Robotech RPG, you already know the story of Robotech, but if you check out other licensed games, they recap the story for the readers.

MikeM
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:
ryuto wrote:
Tiree wrote:I think Ariel could be made into a special case. In fact, I see her as a proto-regis in a way.
I doubt we will see anything for stage four Invid. I am hoping for the ability to role-play stage five Invid characters without the super powers stuff. Because my players will be sad if they have the powers in the game. Since I would not allow them in a non rifts game.

Depending on where they are, necessary conservation of weird tends to curb that issue anyway, even if they do. After all, the Invid aren't exactly loved by people in general, even if a particular one is liked enough by the closer group. At least, that's what I've seen, in Master Conquest and War and Peace. (with all thanks to Dairugger XV and Chris for running them, of course)

If they're out of mecha and do something that blatantly identifies what they are, 9 times out of 10 they're generally asking to get the entire group in trouble with any locals who see it. :p

So unless they teleport a few thousand miles and don't come back (either with group (mission fail) or without group (character ended)), it's just a temptation to make a situation a whole lot worse.
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

I have faith that you will do something great el magico. :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

I think the Dark-Lord shall deliver us...
at least a decent book anyways :D
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Tiree wrote:Latest Murmur has Kevin lining up a Freelancer for the RT Line. I wonder who it is that is going to be working on it? (and no it's not me... even though I would love to do the work!)

Me. For those of you who don't know me, I've co-authored the Nightbane Survival Guide, had art in Fleets of the Three Galaxies, had several Rifter articles, am a professional journalist, CG artist, and, as you can tell by my webpage, I've always had an eye on Palladium's space properties and I've been a Robotech fan since the very first day it aired in the U.S. I'm also a huge Macross, (original universe) Gundam, Appleseed and Bubblegum Crisis fan.

While Robotech the New Generation is going to be true to the material, we're putting in some stuff that is really keyed toward making the Invid-dominated earth a more three-dimensional playground beyond Bernard and Co.'s trek from South America to Reflex Point. I think that the New Generation setting lends itself to role-playing campaigns just about better than any of the other settings, because of the ragtag freedom fighter set-up, where people can come from varied backgrounds and have access to a wide variety of skills and equipment. I've run two campaigns myself based off the old Invid invasion and REF books and have also created some hybrid settings as well, one of which is on my site.

See below for some hints of what we've got planned.

Sincerely,
Irvin Jackson

Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

The Robotech® core sourcebook you’ve been waiting for . . . only it’s going to be more than you imagine.
* Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
* Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
* Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
* Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
* New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
* Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
* Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
* 224+ pages – manga size – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Ships June or July.

Considering I am fan of your websites and the work you did on it I look forward to this book very much :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Chris0013
Hero

el magico -- darklorddc wrote:
Tiree wrote:Latest Murmur has Kevin lining up a Freelancer for the RT Line. I wonder who it is that is going to be working on it? (and no it's not me... even though I would love to do the work!)

Me. For those of you who don't know me, I've co-authored the Nightbane Survival Guide, had art in Fleets of the Three Galaxies, had several Rifter articles, am a professional journalist, CG artist, and, as you can tell by my webpage, I've always had an eye on Palladium's space properties and I've been a Robotech fan since the very first day it aired in the U.S. I'm also a huge Macross, (original universe) Gundam, Appleseed and Bubblegum Crisis fan.

While Robotech the New Generation is going to be true to the material, we're putting in some stuff that is really keyed toward making the Invid-dominated earth a more three-dimensional playground beyond Bernard and Co.'s trek from South America to Reflex Point. I think that the New Generation setting lends itself to role-playing campaigns just about better than any of the other settings, because of the ragtag freedom fighter set-up, where people can come from varied backgrounds and have access to a wide variety of skills and equipment. I've run two campaigns myself based off the old Invid invasion and REF books and have also created some hybrid settings as well, one of which is on my site.

See below for some hints of what we've got planned.

Sincerely,
Irvin Jackson

Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

The Robotech® core sourcebook you’ve been waiting for . . . only it’s going to be more than you imagine.
* Rules for using mecha, power armor and technology from all four eras of Robotech.
* Kit-bashed mecha and rules for jury-rigging and combining parts from different generations of mecha.
* Freedom Fighter O.C.C.s and resistance organizations.
* Rogues and misfits from the three Robotech Wars.
* New weapons, vehicles, mecha and more.
* Villains, traitors, bandits, Invid henchmen, adventure and adventure ideas galore.
* Written by Kevin Siembieda and Irvin Jackson.
* 224+ pages – manga size – $16.95 retail – Cat. No. 554. Ships June or July.

What sort of weapons and mecha????
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Chris0013 wrote:What sort of weapons and mecha????

Well, there is Dusty Ayres' big bore slugthrower, Colonel Wolfe's Eulogy flashback bullpup Steyr Aug-like SMG and the Eulogy/Ghost Town local militia blaster. As for mecha, the VQ-6 Vandal and VQ-6X Shadow (Alpha) Drones, Jackal semi-variable Battloid, AF-6DF Vulture Fighter (Colonel Wolfe's fighter), Survival Bike(?) (proto-MOSPEADA) used by the Lonely Soldier Boy gangers and Hired Gun doomed soldiers. Then there are a number of wheeled ground vehicles to catalogue.
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

The PT Boats, some of the un-named mecha from Point K...
They can't see me...Right!?
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

^^So did I! Now if you if can throw hints at 'em to include the boats in the book, I'd be happy!
They can't see me...Right!?
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

hey did you see some of the Imai and other files?
冠双
Drakenred®™©
Champion

Unread post by Drakenred®™© »

done5

oh and another question. but its a sizeing Vs mass issue.hmm might bring this up elsewhere
冠双
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

I am a Robotech newbie. Utterly, painfully a newbie. The Shadow Chronicles book says that it's a sourcebook for The Shadow Chronicles and New Generation. How will the New Generation book be different? Are the New Generation episodes not covered much in the Shadow Chronicles book and will now receive treatments such as what we got in the new Macross and Masters books?

I am such a newbie that I'm only up to episode 6. Blitzkrieg, so thanks for the help.
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Xar wrote:I am a Robotech newbie. Utterly, painfully a newbie. The Shadow Chronicles book says that it's a sourcebook for The Shadow Chronicles and New Generation. How will the New Generation book be different? Are the New Generation episodes not covered much in the Shadow Chronicles book and will now receive treatments such as what we got in the new Macross and Masters books?

I am such a newbie that I'm only up to episode 6. Blitzkrieg, so thanks for the help.

think about it this way. this is like having a book giving stats on the united States Military...and then another book being produced about the Iraqi wars. tSC gives us information on the UEEF and the invid, but New Generation will give us details on the conflict and where it occured.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”