Shifter question

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Re: Shifter question

Unread post by Lenwen »

airdale91 wrote:I'm look at creating a Shifter, somewhere between Good and Selfish. My question is about what Races/R.C.C.'s would be best for this O.C.C.??

Thanks for the info...

This is basically an "Opinion" question ..

Because the OCC itself gives the Class the required amount of PPE ..

And anything over that is pretty much overkill .. hehe .

The "Wrapping" (Rcc) is all dependent upon what you want your PC to look like .

:-D
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

With True Atlanteans you get extra P.P.E. from magic tattoos (but they cost a mage double P.P.E. to use them), enhanced attributes, long lifespan, Increased P.P.E. recovery 10 (15 with meditation) per hour of rest, Cannot be transformed by any means, Sense vampires within 1,000 foot radius, recognize vampires on sight, Operate dimensional pyramids, Sense ley line within dozens of miles, Sense rifts up to 100 miles, & Ley line phasing up to 12+ times per day.

Look at Achilles Neo-Humans in South America 2. Their special abilities & psionics become frozen at whatever level you are when you become a Shifter. They have the strongest healer power in the game, fly100 mph, hyper-telekinesis, kill with a health draining touch, start with over a dozen psi powers and can turn in to a M.D.C. being. One of our main nemesis is a Neo-Human Mystic Knight.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

When did RCCs like the Achilles Neo-human gain the ability to choose OCCs?
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

53. Can a Achilles Neo-Human R.C.C. have an O.C.C.? If so which ones can I chose from? Do I get both the RCC and OCC skills? Would I use the RCC exp. table or the OCC exp. table?
Answer: Yes they can elect to take a O.C.C. at a later level. Use the rules for changing O.C.C. (tall their powers and abilities from the Neo-Human are frozen).

9. An Achilles Neo-Human R.C.C. with a Temporal Wizard O.C.C.; Is that a legal character combination?
Answer: Yes it is a legal combination.

92. Would the psychic still gain powers as he advanced in the new O.C.C.? Example: A 6th level Neo-Human (SA2) gets 2 psionics per level. He becomes a 1st level Rogue Scholar. Does he still gain psionics as he advances as a Rogue Scholar? What about Magic or "semi-Psi"(Cyber Knight, etc.) O.C.C.'s?
Answer: New Psionics will not be gained as they increase in level. The character literally forfeits their old class, training in their new one, so all progression in their old class is effectively frozen. The same applies to other classes that could get psionics (they do not gain them).

http://www.palladium-megaverse.com/ques ... ombat.html
Last edited by runebeo on Thu Jan 07, 2010 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

That's official? wow that is just insane there is way too much room for abuse.
I'm beginning to see why some people at other forums consider Rifts Munchkin land now. :lol:
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
runebeo
Champion

Unread post by runebeo »

Guess it depends on your gaming group, with all the heavy hitter in Rifts a Neo-Human Shifter is powerful yet with his R.C.C. power frozen would put him on par with a Godling, Demigod, Holy Terror or Lanotaur type character.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

The old FAQ on here is not official. Just saying...
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Gamer
Adventurer

Unread post by Gamer »

Ah, thank you.
Dulce bellum inexpertis.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

if you are looking for extra PPE, look in WB 30 D-Bees of North America. There are a few Races that their PPE base is ADDED, rather than REPLACED if they take a magic OCC.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Carl Gleba
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

Well if you're looking for all kinds of power go with a demi-god. Take the shifter O.C.C. then pick a power. You could end up with more power than you know what to do with. :demon:

Carl
ImageImage
The Galactus Kid

Kagashi wrote:if you are looking for extra PPE, look in WB 30 D-Bees of North America. There are a few Races that their PPE base is ADDED, rather than REPLACED if they take a magic OCC.

Dewtani
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Shadow Wyrm
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Shadow Wyrm »

airdale91 wrote:I'm look at creating a Shifter, somewhere between Good and Selfish. My question is about what Races/R.C.C.'s would be best for this O.C.C.??

Thanks for the info...

Get D-Bees of North America, there are a couple of good choises in it. The Dewtani, D'norr Devilmen, and Dramins are good choises.
The Galactus Kid

Dewtani slowly go crazy, but why wouldn't you want to play a powerful insane shifter?

BIGKILLA
D-Bee

Unread post by BIGKILLA »

if you have the palladium fantasy book land of the damned one chaos lands on page 73 there is the kildred who start with 3d6x10 additional p.p.e. psionics and some special leadership type skills
To live is to suffer, to survive is to find the meaning in the suffering
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Carl Gleba wrote:Well if you're looking for all kinds of power go with a demi-god. Take the shifter O.C.C. then pick a power. You could end up with more power than you know what to do with. :demon:

Carl

I was actually going to suggest that. :D

Take the Shifter O.C.C. then pick a Warlock power.
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
The Galactus Kid

That is just a little too gross. Awesome.

Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Try the Kildred RCC from LOD:1. They get 3D6X10 bonus PPE, psionics, regeneration, and one devoted follower per level. In my opinion, a nice fit for the Shifter OCC.

EDIT: Snap, I missed the post a few posts up. :sleep:
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.

Return to “Rifts®”