Our/Your Weekley Gaming Sessions

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GMDijarian
Explorer

Our/Your Weekley Gaming Sessions

Unread post by GMDijarian »

So my group plays every Monday (sometimes whether everyone wants to or not). We have gotten plenty of adventuring done, but sometimes its a little difficult for everyone to get into character. Which can be annoying for me :badbad:

It seems that some nights our sessions turn out equal to THE RETURN OF THE KING in epicness, and everyone at the end of the session high fives each other and we talk about how epic and exciting the adventure was.

Other nights our sessions turn out more like MONTY PITHONS QUEST FOR THE HOLY GRAIL! :lol: And noone can get into character and jokes are the topic of the night, usually agaisnt me and the things that i say, or mispronounce (as I can do that a lot).

Does anyone else have this problem. What do you do?
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: Our/Your Weekley Gaming Sessions

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Sounds like an average group. I would just enjoy the fun when everyone is being goofy.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
GMDijarian
Explorer

Unread post by GMDijarian »

Shawn Merrow wrote:Sounds like an average group. I would just enjoy the fun when everyone is being goofy.

yeah, that's what we usually do. thanks
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Happens all the time. I normally pause on the epicness if the group is in a jovial mood so that we can get into character when Im about to reveal the spoiler. If theyre having fun (ever if its at your mistakes - we all make a lot, its a big job to take on) then your a good GM; period.

If I get double the xp of all the other players then your a great GM; period (well ok, IMO) :clown:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Jerell
Hero

Unread post by Jerell »

GMDijarian wrote:yeah, that's what we usually do. thanks

Probably for the best. However you could always try to nudge them into character by either offering good EPs for playing in character or having some NPC get mouthy, and launch a personal verbal attack on one of the PCs. A lot of times my players prefer to respond to smart mouth NPCs in character. Sometimes that works, but not always. It's better when the players just come already in 'the zone.'
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

God yes and I wouldn't change it for the world. Goofing off is half the fun, the other half are the epic battles of insane coolness (and epic rp, my players are very adept ad making spot on in character replys down to the mannerism). Some times we're more serious and focused, most the time we delay the start 1-2 hours with goofing off before we get down to bussiness (or not at all).
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”