Vampire Kingdoms revised with brand new sourcebook!

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

Re: Vampire Kingdoms revised with brand new sourcebook!

Unread post by The Unknown Mage »

keir451 wrote:
The Unknown Mage wrote:
keir451 wrote:
The Unknown Mage wrote: Power washing an unarmored vamp is like power washing a human with acid, insta melt!

But a vampire in EBA won't get wet.

I know the answer is going to be "well then shoot the armor off" or something to that effect.

Understand, that unlike some enemies that require one form of weapon to kill (laser guns!)would require 2, or 1 that is highly ineffective (IE: MD weapon +water gun or those wooden rail gun rounds that do I think 1MD pt each) ways to kill the vampire. All before he has a chance to lift his head and he has the PC sees his eyes and fails his save vs. psionics. For some creatures it won't be a big deal (psi-stalkers for example only need roll a 6), but for the majority of humans, it's a darn near impossible save.

A fire-truck is a great idea for a street fight, but would be useless if they had to follow vampires down a cave or mine.

Really the water vulnerability while "odd", is a huge benifit to vampires because they are invulnerable to nearly everything else.

yes, but can you see the vampires eyes in a deluge of water sprayed at him?

"Hey Bob can you see the whites of his eyes thru the water? Bob? Hey Bob?"

blindness works well too[/quote]
Wait we have Blindness spells in Rifts? Where? Where? TELL MEEEEE !!!!![/quote]
step one: take piece of cloth
step two: tie it around ur eyes
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

I'm really looking forward to an update on Reid's Rangers. :ok:
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Danger wrote:I'm really looking forward to an update on Reid's Rangers. :ok:

Already begun.

Plantal-nakton will be an actual necromancer, and the heights and weights of certain female Rangers will be properly adjusted if I have my way. Also, Fort Reid will get the map, history, and description it deserves.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
Danger
Champion
Comment: The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." - George Carlin

Unread post by Danger »

Braden Campbell wrote:
Danger wrote:I'm really looking forward to an update on Reid's Rangers. :ok:

Already begun.

Plantal-nakton will be an actual necromancer, and the heights and weights of certain female Rangers will be properly adjusted if I have my way. Also, Fort Reid will get the map, history, and description it deserves.

Explain? :?
"Can you kill me?! With those feeble arms?!" - Ogami Itto
"Bodycount's in the house!" - Ice T
"The Great Destroyer is back again!" - Duo Maxwell
"It's mine you hear? Mine ALL MINE Get back in there. Down Down Down! Go Go Go! MINE MINE MINE!!!" --Daffy Duck
Nekira Sudacne wrote:Sorry, the Anime genre and the Furry genre don't usually mix, except where Catgirls are concerned :D
Braden Campbell

Heh.

Hasn't anyone ever noticed that the curvacious and drool-inducing Carlotta the White is 6'4 and 125 pounds? My wife laughed out loud when I told her that, then said that she would look like an emaciated basketball player. True, she is a dragon who can alter her form... but come on. She's either heavier, or shorter, or perhaps a bit of both.
Braden, GMPhD

keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Braden Campbell wrote:Heh.

Hasn't anyone ever noticed that the curvacious and drool-inducing Carlotta the White is 6'4 and 125 pounds? My wife laughed out loud when I told her that, then said that she would look like an emaciated basketball player. True, she is a dragon who can alter her form... but come on. She's either heavier, or shorter, or perhaps a bit of both.

:lol: I'd forgotten about that one. with that weight she should be 5'4"-5'9" at most.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
Braden Campbell

keir451 wrote: with that weight she should be 5'4"-5'9" at most.

I'm going with 5'4 instead of 6'4... and even then, at 125 lbs, there's not much meat on her bones.
Braden, GMPhD

Elthbert
Hero

Unread post by Elthbert »

Braden Campbell wrote:
keir451 wrote: with that weight she should be 5'4"-5'9" at most.

I'm going with 5'4 instead of 6'4... and even then, at 125 lbs, there's not much meat on her bones.

I don't know 5'4" and 125 is not a skinny women. She wouldn't be heavy but could certianly have some curves. Angelina Jolie only wieghs about 120 and is 5' 6 1/2" she has some curves on her. I am not saying she is super meaty but still, she is hardly without curves and she is 2 1/2 inches taller than you are tlaking about and about 5 lbs lighter..
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Was SUPPOSED to be 4'6" and 251 lbs.
:)
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
Daniel Stoker
Knight
Comment: Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

Unread post by Daniel Stoker »

Khanibal wrote:Was SUPPOSED to be 4'6" and 251 lbs.

Was she supposed to have a beard too? :p

Daniel Stoker
Judaism - More Old School than either Christianity or Islam.
Khanibal
Hero
Comment: Anything worth killing is worth overkilling.

Unread post by Khanibal »

Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Gives you something to hold on to.

a la the dwarf in the crappy D&D movie.
"Then one day, I was just walking down the street and I heard a voice behind me say, 'Reach for it Mister.', and I spun around and there I was face to face with a six-year-old kid.
Well, I just threw my guns down, walked away. Little bastard shot me in the ass.”

-Waco Kid (Blazing Saddles)
The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

Khanibal wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:

Daniel Stoker

Gives you something to hold on to.

a la the dwarf in the crappy D&D movie.

i thought that was hair a la Serial Experiments Lain was for?
not that dwarves are cool or anything.... :roll:
popscythe
Adventurer
Comment: Mecha-sized flamethrowers, dudes! *woooooosh* :heart:

Unread post by popscythe »

I'm looking forward to it. VK was one of, if not the first "extra" Rifts book I got. Badass.

My two cents are not to change vampires in any major way. Maaaaaybe make them a little stronger, but really, simply more numerous would do the trick. From Dusk till Dawn, right?

Looking forward to hearing more about the rangers.
Zarathustra was extremely accurate. He was talking about you, man.
Whoops! Looks like I was wrong about where Mos Eisley's located.
Victorious on Final Jeopardy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilrszSXGiI
The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

popscythe wrote:I'm looking forward to it. VK was one of, if not the first "extra" Rifts book I got. Badass.

My two cents are not to change vampires in any major way. Maaaaaybe make them a little stronger, but really, simply more numerous would do the trick. From Dusk till Dawn, right?

Looking forward to hearing more about the rangers.

id prefer the books keir451 mentioned
The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

o.c.c.s and r.c.c.s stack....
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

it might protect them from damage by the sun, but i don't think a vampire in EBA would be able to overcome their supernatural fear and hatred of the sun. even being completely below ground during the day makes them sluggish and weak, and even a globe of sunlight spell makes them run away in terror even though it can't harm them directly.
The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

Shark_Force wrote:it might protect them from damage by the sun, but i don't think a vampire in EBA would be able to overcome their supernatural fear and hatred of the sun. even being completely below ground during the day makes them sluggish and weak, and even a globe of sunlight spell makes them run away in terror even though it can't harm them directly.

tell that to the vampires in "blade trinity"
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

strahd99 wrote: I am brainstorming an idea for use in my own game for them using magic...but having to drain for the points not regaining them.

Tell us how that works out. On the one hand, it doesn't break the genre at all for vampires to have access to magic spells.

On the other hand, Armor if Ithan can *really* negate a lot of vapiric weaknesses, which seems a bit overpowered.
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

The Unknown Mage wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:it might protect them from damage by the sun, but i don't think a vampire in EBA would be able to overcome their supernatural fear and hatred of the sun. even being completely below ground during the day makes them sluggish and weak, and even a globe of sunlight spell makes them run away in terror even though it can't harm them directly.

the vampires in blade trinity are not rifts vampires. they only loosely resemble one another, in fact. comparing the two is apples and oranges.
The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

Shark_Force wrote:
The Unknown Mage wrote:

the vampires in blade trinity are not rifts vampires. they only loosely resemble one another, in fact. comparing the two is apples and oranges.

at least they are not compared apples to steamrollers, like twilight does
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

Misfit KotLD wrote:
Daniel Stoker wrote:
Elthbert wrote:its a type of cross, ever look at a pic of a spanish ship? It is not a latin cross. But that is niether her nor there I like that only crosses hurt them and that decidely non Christian beings like true Atlantians know this and carry crosses. This allows groups to have the " The cross is the bane of vampires because they are the mockery of the blood sacrifice on the Cross..." thing or the " the cross is the antithisis of a circle ( 360 degrees inside the angles), Vampires are mystically bound by the circle, ( witness the fact that day and night are products only of a rotating spherical planet) and it has nothing to do with Christianity thing". As it is it appears there is something specific about the cross' shape which is harmful to vamps and I like that.

I find that rather silly, especially since in Palladium Fantasy we know that other holy symbols effect them and unless I'm mistaken they've upgraded to the same type of vamp intelligence style vampires. Plus the antithesis of a circle bit sounds groovy and all, but like a stretch since they’re not really bound to any circles. Either way though you like it, I don’t, and I still want it changed. :p

Daniel Stoker
I'm at a loss to explain the Christian True Atlanteans. There's just so much logically incoherent my brain hurts thinking about it.

His post doesn't mention Christian True Atlanteans.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

keir451 wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
keir451 wrote:Yah, the problem I have is Hypnotic Suggestion requires ISP and a save vs psionics, and according to the original RPG rules on psionics if a person is in EBA or PA or a Robot/vehicle they're immune to psionic attacks. So upon seeing said contradiction I go with the RPG rule, not the Vampire rule.
How's about using Water elementals to summon enough water to innudate Mexico city? MMMM slushy Vampires. :D

About as feasible as just teleporting all of Mexico city to the ocean depths. It's not that it's not a good plan, the amount of resources needed to accomplish it would be incredibly hard to get.

True, but this IS Rifts we're talking about and sometimes the infeasible becomes feasible. I think the best way to deal w/ Vampires is to overrule the rules.
Vampires in a cave vs Warlock w/Water and Earth Elementals and a nearby aquifer. Or a DHT outfitted to carry water in its hold instead of troops. Water Bomber anyone? (Yes. I'm being deliberately silly, it's so I don't go into hideously long rants and start flame wars over vampires and their immunities, etc.) :P

Just use the Rainmaker power from HU(Powers Unlimited 3 to be exact, under major super abilities).
Or heck,. person with a movemetn power(sonic speek or any flight etc...) and the APS:Water/liquid power coudl jstu runaround kill them all.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
The Unknown Mage
Wanderer

Sir_Spirit wrote:
keir451 wrote:
dark brandon wrote:
keir451 wrote:Yah, the problem I have is Hypnotic Suggestion requires ISP and a save vs psionics, and according to the original RPG rules on psionics if a person is in EBA or PA or a Robot/vehicle they're immune to psionic attacks. So upon seeing said contradiction I go with the RPG rule, not the Vampire rule.
How's about using Water elementals to summon enough water to innudate Mexico city? MMMM slushy Vampires. :D

About as feasible as just teleporting all of Mexico city to the ocean depths. It's not that it's not a good plan, the amount of resources needed to accomplish it would be incredibly hard to get.

True, but this IS Rifts we're talking about and sometimes the infeasible becomes feasible. I think the best way to deal w/ Vampires is to overrule the rules.
Vampires in a cave vs Warlock w/Water and Earth Elementals and a nearby aquifer. Or a DHT outfitted to carry water in its hold instead of troops. Water Bomber anyone? (Yes. I'm being deliberately silly, it's so I don't go into hideously long rants and start flame wars over vampires and their immunities, etc.) :P

Just use the Rainmaker power from HU(Powers Unlimited 3 to be exact, under major super abilities).
Or heck,. person with a movemetn power(sonic speek or any flight etc...) and the APS:Water/liquid power coudl jstu runaround kill them all.

or just call on god to flood the earth
Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Unread post by Tor »

Shark_Force wrote:water is really not the optimal choice for a weapon. it's great if you can shove a bunch of vampires into the shower or something like that, but it seriously blows when you're facing supernaturally strong people who can hypnotise you with nothing more than a look and a few words. it's the kind of weakness that i can only really imagine being the best choice to dispose of vampire corpses when sunlight isn't available (bring them into a sealed room with sprinklers all over while they're staked, turn on water, pull stake, get out, shut door).

Why would you pull the stake? Pretty sure that vampires can still be hurt while in suspended animation. Better to come back later and collect a couple potentially soggy stakes (and vampires bleed from the heart, so that could make stakes soggy in the long run anyway) and dry'm out than to risk vampires hurting you or escaping while you make a quick run.

Heck, it's less cruel too, since they basically die while in a coma.
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Rifts®”