Untouched or ignored areas of Rifts Earth

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Balabanto
Champion

Re: Untouched or ignored areas of Rifts Earth

Unread post by Balabanto »

I do kind of hate the idea that Spain is pretty much "Just a part of France." In general, this is a bad idea if you want hispanic people (An ever growing population in the US) to buy your products.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

I had an independent kingdom led by mutant humans and dissident Giants formed along the Ebro River; Dantegard, that was warring with the BloodDruids and trying to make alliance with several smaller city-states in the region.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Balabanto wrote:I do kind of hate the idea that Spain is pretty much "Just a part of France." In general, this is a bad idea if you want hispanic people (An ever growing population in the US) to buy your products.

Because Oh no spain has never been conquored :eek: and all hispanic people still give their loyalty to Spain :nh:
You know your right... I'm going to sell all my books because they don't do a very good job with the Phillipines. Oh but then again I'm also Christian so I'm not just going to sell them but burn them because they don't mention anything about the holy land. :nh: You know your a really silly person.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

In Alaska I have an SDF from the REF, with a factory stuck in the ice with a sizable force to protect it... and they're recruiting.

In Antarctica I have a House from Splycers where their caves were Rifted into the Ice sheet and there is a robot factory near by with NEXUS splinter personalities. The human house passed through the mirror wall dimensional barrier when they rifted and the robots somehow (because the GM said so) bypassed that and are unable to manufacture nanites.

Another location in Antarctica is occupied by another SDF but this one is from Macross II it isn't imbeded in the ice but they don't have the materials to effect repairs to the engines.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Unread post by Incriptus »

Until it's written otherwise, I like to assume that any area of the world that hasn't been discribed or has been discribed sparcely, the coming of the rifts did its job. In those areas too many people died initially and not enough survived the next 300 years. At the same time the area was not occupied by any large well organized groups.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

An India book is in the works by an up and coming freelancer while a Spain/France/Portugal book is in my queue, tentatively titled Rifts: Iberia. The Basque will be a pretty big element.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

likewise there is a scandinavia book in the works.

personally i presume empty areas are a "blank slate" for Gm's to fill with their own ideas..and for freelancers to fill in. basically the same principle.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I have a Nano tech company from Pre Rifts based in Ireland, they survived the Coming of the Rifts due to the owners "relationship" w/ the Sidhe. Now they're quietly gearing up for retaking Europe just as their ancestors did ages ago.
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

I for one am very happy with how much of the world has been touched on. I'd like a few more important world books like Triax 2, Lazlo, New Lazlo, the CS cities and some updates on old books, but I rather see the more material on other dimensions since its a multi-dimensional game. I would really like a second Wormwood book.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

runebeo wrote:I for one am very happy with how much of the world has been touched on. I'd like a few more important world books like Triax 2, Lazlo, New Lazlo, the CS cities and some updates on old books, but I rather see the more material on other dimensions since its a multi-dimensional game. I would really like a second Wormwood book.

That would be good. Hey or maybe they could... I don't know... make another dimension! That I'd hope would be cool. It kinda seems a little cheap to have developed Phase World so much. One dimension book = Awesome, two dimension books in the same universe, as long as it is an expansion = Cool. More expansion books than some of your other game worlds have = should make it into another game world.
runebeo
Champion
Comment: I hope Odin allows me to stand with him at the time of Ragnarök!

Unread post by runebeo »

They should do a book with highlights of many new different dimensions just to get the ball rolling for megaversal traveller groups, but skip doing S.D.C. worlds since most groups use vehicles and M.D. equipment. The Megaversal Builder book had a few nice things but very poor material for starting a setting.
I will be 125 living in Rio de Janeiro when the Great Cataclysm comes, I will not survive long but I will be cloned threw the Achilles project and my clones will be Achilles Neo-Humans that will start a new Jedi order in Psyscape. So You May Strike Me Down & I Will Become More Powerful Than You Can Possibly Imagine. Let the Clone Wars begin!
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

It's not untouched but in the wilderness preserves on Atlantis I have a group called the Alliance of the Broken Fang. They are an anti-vampire group of super-powered being (Heroes Unlimited).

In Cheyenne mountain the NEMA version got Rifted out and was replaced with a version from System Failure and there is an underground rail system to Groom Lake that the Black Market had deemed worthless.

In Oregon there is a small research center ran by the CS it is a fort that was quick assembled around an alien crash sight... it isn't alien though it is from one of the space stations.

In California in the Yosemite Valley there is a village inhabited by mystic races from PFRPG who are trying to rebuild the Library of Bletherad in this dimension... but Half dome is the prison of a major deamon.

I took The Tula Vampire Intelligence's stance on humans to an extreme he actually appreciates humans and will punish Vampires for bullying humans. They are still the food source which it finds as unfortunate but no vampire is allowed to feed directly from humans. Humans have a shared possition within the government with the vampires and many are agents of the V.I. with authority and equipment to enforce the V.I.s rules... So it is kind of like the U.S. pollitical system we have the back stabbers and the blood suckers keeping each other in check :) just joking... kind of. I don't explain why but if I had to it would probably be a circle of alignment change, why not a circle worked on Xy. The nation because of its stance is also the highest technology base in the area.

There are three other Ticonderoga Class Sub Carriers (this idea I got off the board) but they are still in their concealed dry docks with dormant A.I. that will think it is the day before the coming of the Rifts. When the other three are activated it will reawaken the Ticonderoga's and they will connect to ARCHIE and upload all data. Two random rolls will be made for each one to see if it is Pro or Anti Human or All Life and then to see if it is benevolent, controller, subservient, malevolent, enslaver, or subversive. I need to use Arch-types and make that their last name.
SkyeFyre
Hero

Unread post by SkyeFyre »

Is it just me or is Rifts Earth getting a little crowded? I'd like to see previously mentioned areas like Lazlo detailed and then maybe more dimension books, some support books (atlas), or even plot driven books. Yes I realize a lot of people don't like metaplots but I find they actually breathe a little more life into games. (whew, a simple post done on a Wii takes forever)
"If your party is doing anything but running like hell trying not to get vaporized, the GM is not running the Mechanoids correctly." -Geronimo 2.0
"Coming Summer 1994... Mechanoid Space!"
75 GM Geek Points
taalismn
Priest

Rifts: Madagascar.
What happens when you pump 900,000 PPE of magic through hapless furry little lemurs?
If you're unlucky, you'll find out....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Zamion wrote:I wish the moon hadnt been "wasted" on an archie unit, would have much perfered it to be a land of extreme magic and chaos , and that it effected the world alot more than just being up there.
like its all green now and totaly random rifts and time fluxes and such ravage the land, some arcaic people lived deep inside that was reawakened or something,
maybe the atlantians had a base up there in the past and it went underground or something ...I dont know just feel the moon was by far wasted.

Do your own Moon, then! :-D
And have it appear at random times, messing up the tides and screwing up astrological calenders! Drives people mad! Drives the Orbitals batty! Call it a 'Blue Moon Event', especially if the satellite has substantial water on it!
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

I've been running stuff out of South-Eastern Kentucky. Not much out there except small farm communities and a lot of haunted and demonic places. Getting ready to pit my group up against some pre-Rift vampires who've been entombed since modern day.
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

Ignignokt: Hello, Carl, I am Ignignokt and this is Err.
Err: I am Err.
Ignignokt: We are Mooninites from the inner core of the moon.
Err: You said it right.
Ignignokt: Our race is hundreds of years beyond yours.
Err: Man, you hear what he's saying?
Ignignokt: Some would say that the Earth is our moon.
Err: We're the moon.
Ignignokt: But that would belittle the name of our moon, which is: The Moon.
Err: Point is: we're at the center, not you.
Carl: No, the real point is: I don't give a damn.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

SkyeFyre wrote:Is it just me or is Rifts Earth getting a little crowded? I'd like to see previously mentioned areas like Lazlo detailed and then maybe more dimension books, some support books (atlas), or even plot driven books. Yes I realize a lot of people don't like metaplots but I find they actually breathe a little more life into games. (whew, a simple post done on a Wii takes forever)

Kinda makes the Wii a Boo eh? :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

taalismn wrote:Rifts: Madagascar.
What happens when you pump 900,000 PPE of magic through hapless furry little lemurs?

Um... They like to move it, move it?
taalismn
Priest

Zer0 Kay wrote:

Um... They like to move it, move it?

Let's just say they're not furry little clowns of the forest any more....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

duck-foot wrote:

uhm..... an army of evil radiated lemur men?

"Deforestation'? 'Habitat Loss'? I don't think so! Let me show you where you can stick that chainsaw!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

i want to do a book on Eastern Europe in the future. It's a fun thought, but i haven't even pitched it to Kevin yet, so....who knows.
taalismn
Priest

Of course, there's the Middle East...not necessarily Israel/Jordan/Eastern Med, but Iraq/Iran/Pakistan/Aghanistan/Southern Russia up to the foothills of the Himalyas...avoid any religious reference and just stick to what would be reasonable to exist and survive, and you should be okay..
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:i want to do a book on Eastern Europe in the future. It's a fun thought, but i haven't even pitched it to Kevin yet, so....who knows.

Some areas of Eastern Europe are going to be mentioned and touched on in the Sovietski Sourcebook, but only as they pertain to the warlords, the sovietski, and the brodkil conflicts going on in the region.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

RoadWarriorFWaNK
Comment: on a death march

Unread post by RoadWarriorFWaNK »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:i want to do a book on Eastern Europe in the future. It's a fun thought, but i haven't even pitched it to Kevin yet, so....who knows.

Some areas of Eastern Europe are going to be mentioned and touched on in the Sovietski Sourcebook, but only as they pertain to the warlords, the sovietski, and the brodkil conflicts going on in the region.

IF i get the okay to do an Eastern Europe world book and IF the Sovietski book is published before or during my writing of it, it will be considered as a resource like any other previously published canon material. Naturally.
speaking of which, are you on doing the sovietski book now, or are you currently on the india thing? or....what?
The Galactus Kid

RoadWarriorFWaNK wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

IF i get the okay to do an Eastern Europe world book and IF the Sovietski book is published before or during my writing of it, it will be considered as a resource like any other previously published canon material. Naturally.
speaking of which, are you on doing the sovietski book now, or are you currently on the india thing? or....what?

My queue currently:
Rifts Sovietski Sourcebook
Rifts Japan 2
Helping with Rifts Scandenavia
Rifts Iberia
Some Splicers articles thrown in there every once in a while.
I'm pretty much only giving guidance on Rifts India. Whereas I like the culture, mythology and history, it's just not something I'm very passionate about.

taalismn
Priest

Sounds good..looking forward to see what comes of it all...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Grafsburg
D-Bee

Unread post by Grafsburg »

I haven't heard much about Oklahoma, my home state. I mean, I know it's there and it's mentioned a couple of times, but as far as I know isn't it just considered to be made up entirely of wilderness?

I don't have any of my books with me, but I seem to recall that there aren't many major leylines going across it either. It'd be fun to expand on it a bit. Maybe have a city-state based around Tulsa or OKC or something.
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Grafsburg wrote:I haven't heard much about Oklahoma, my home state. I mean, I know it's there and it's mentioned a couple of times, but as far as I know isn't it just considered to be made up entirely of wilderness?

I don't have any of my books with me, but I seem to recall that there aren't many major leylines going across it either. It'd be fun to expand on it a bit. Maybe have a city-state based around Tulsa or OKC or something.

IMO, Oklahoma is a loosly populated area, with it's main interest being oil feilds, the native tribes, and a few coalition outposts.

myself i like the idea that the CS sets up a "landrush" to settle OK with some of the thousands of SoT veterans, leading to conflict with the locals. this of course attracts mercenaries and other less than savory types (oil towns have enough money to afford smaller groups.)

thus setting up for a big, three way low intensity conflict between the traditionalist native americans, the oil towns, and the Coalition settlers.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0x3W6hut ... re=related
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Supergyro
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Supergyro »

I'd be for a Rifts: Underground...

The opening of Rifts alllows for a plethora of tunnelling beasties, lava Dee Bees, and any number of subterranean empires. We tend to think of life on the surface of The Earth... and that is pretty much where all of it is.. but The Rifts can change that and add a whole 3rd dimension to exploration.

I was working on one idea of Archie building *down*, to create his robotic empire. Robots don't need sunlight or oxygen, they need radioactive ores and metals, they'd be natural subterranean dwellers. Literally going underground seems like a surefire way to enable Archie to build an empire strong enough to threaten the world... and yet go unnoticed until it's too late.... then again the idea becomes more fun if there are other things down there to cause trouble...

Finally find some reason for PC's to have to go down there and navigate that mess...!

Also, Keeping in mind the comparable size of The Oceans, Rifts: Underseas is also underdeveloped. There's enough room down there for more books.
"The key is your mind, control and master it. Doing that will not only master your body, but also enable you to shape the world around you to your every desire."

---Said by a Psyscape teacher to a class of Psi Warriors
---Said by a Mindwerks technician, before he drills the hole in your skull
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Grafsburg wrote:I haven't heard much about Oklahoma, my home state. I mean, I know it's there and it's mentioned a couple of times, but as far as I know isn't it just considered to be made up entirely of wilderness?

So that would explain why weather avoids Altus. :P What are they going to describe there the flatness? How there is a good looking woman behind every tree... find a tree. Or the awesome "mountains" that are actually sedimentary rocks in piles from melted glaciers? The thing about OK that makes OK worth anything is the people, wildlife and fertile land and after all that the oil. But after the coming of the Rifts if the cities fell there would be no protection for the people from the alien creatures that would be roaming the plains. The same goes for most of the Midwest states. If anything lasted from the GA to Rifts it would be the military bases and ruins of the larger cities. Heck Altus the city and base were probably erased as well as Vance. I'd go so far as to consider any base on the BRAC list have been removed from existance if not from actual closure in the GA then by destruction by the apocolypse.
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

For me would be greal if the stuff about Italy in the earliers Rifter become canon.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
Suicycho
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Suicycho »

For those of you interested in the Middle East region, DLDC has written a KICK ASS netbook about the region. He linked it to me a few years back. Not sure if he has it on his personal sight but if you can get him to link you a copy, it is a GREAT book.
Suicycho-the only Sound Off poster to get a thread locked for flaming himself.

"And that's why I call you Cracker you cracker." -Daniel Stoker

"IM perfectly willing to accept whatever Suicycho say's as GOd GIven Truth." -Sir Spirit
Lord_Dalgard
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: CoH/CoV Global @Frontovik

Unread post by Lord_Dalgard »

Chello!

Laux the Ogre wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:For me would be greal if the stuff about Italy in the earliers Rifter become canon.

I've been using the Neo-Roman Empire since before the Rifter article. Didn't really take much to fit the Rifter article in(replace ancient romans with wolfen, done). I think it should be canon too. Closest it got to canon was an entry in GM's guide.

Qft! That was something I picked up and ran with back in the day as well. :)
Anthony N. Emmel
Proud Member of CLD 2.0
GM of the Guardians of the Polar Bear

"Those blast points are too precise for Pecos raiders. Only
Coalition Deadboys are that accurate."
--Unknown Cyber Knight in CS Lone Star.

+425 Movie Geek Points!
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Ural Mountain area?
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)

Return to “Rifts®”