Does Killing a Soul Catcher Demon release the captive souls?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

GT
Explorer

Does Killing a Soul Catcher Demon release the captive souls?

Unread post by GT »

If you kill a Soul Catcher Demon, does that release the souls it's captured? I can't find any thing about that. I think like the soul tanks on the soul weapons and vehicle the souls would be released when destroyed. Even if it was "Killed" in a dimension other than Hades as well.

Any one got any "Official Info" on this topic?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Does Killing a Soul Catcher Demon release the captive souls?

Unread post by cornholioprime »

GT wrote:If you kill a Soul Catcher Demon, does that release the souls it's captured? I can't find any thing about that. I think like the soul tanks on the soul weapons and vehicle the souls would be released when destroyed. Even if it was "Killed" in a dimension other than Hades as well.

Any one got any "Official Info" on this topic?
While there is nothing exactly matching the scenario that you put forth -and I remember asking the same question while reading the Hades Book -the "standard operating procedure" for Souls In Containers in every Palladium Game Book I have ever read is that if the container is shattered (or in this case killed), they go off into The Hereafter, or possibly back into their own bodies under certain unique conditions (See the article on Nxla in Rifts: Psyscape).

Exceptions to the above would include things like the victim of a Rune Weapon's Soul Drink, of course, or any other situation where a soul has not only been drawn into a container but has also been consumed.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

So looks like if you kill a Soul Cather Demon, the souls trapped with in it would be set free.

Wonder what would happen if you hit a Soul Catcher Demon with a soul drinking blade. Could you accidentally get one of the souls in the Soul Catcher Demon or could it "Parry" and give the soul drinker a soul with in it. And if the Soul Catcher Demon was soulless from a soul drinker, could one of the souls in it take it over? And could the other souls in it would be st free? Unless the formerly captive soul controlling its new body could stop them, or the demon truly had to be dead.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

GT wrote:So looks like if you kill a Soul Cather Demon, the souls trapped with in it would be set free.

Wonder what would happen if you hit a Soul Catcher Demon with a soul drinking blade. Could you accidentally get one of the souls in the Soul Catcher Demon or could it "Parry" and give the soul drinker a soul with in it. And if the Soul Catcher Demon was soulless from a soul drinker, could one of the souls in it take it over? And could the other souls in it would be st free? Unless the formerly captive soul controlling its new body could stop them, or the demon truly had to be dead.

No, you can't parry with spare souls. That's why Soul Drinking rune weapons must taste blood before they can drink a soul--it yanks it out though YOUR blood, and it cannot get the wrong soul becasue of it.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

GT wrote:So looks like if you kill a Soul Cather Demon, the souls trapped with in it would be set free.

No.

Soul Drinking -as opposed to the Soul Containment ability that this demon has -has been invariably described in canon as being fatal to the target. The souls in its body would be released....and IIRC the souls in this case would NOT go back to their bodies (an Exorcism would have to be performed upon the still-living Soul Catcher).
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!

Return to “Rifts®”