Rifts gear to SDC worlds

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Aaryq
Adventurer

Rifts gear to SDC worlds

Unread post by Aaryq »

This may be listed, but I don't know where to start looking in my books. Let's say you have a team of soldiers from Rifts (Mercs, CS, NGR, whatever) that rely on technology and not magic or psionics and they end up being rifted through to say Palladium, Heroes or Nightspawn/bane world. Would their weapons continue to do MD (X100 SDC)? Now house rules can vary, but I'm looking for canon right now.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
Lord Death
Explorer

Re: Rifts gear to SDC worlds

Unread post by Lord Death »

i think its somewhere in conversion bk. one (not the revised one) but dont remember what page it was on.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

based on the fact that some of the gear from aliens unlimited is specifically noted as being MDC when you go to rifts, but is SDC in the aliens unlimited universe, i'm going to say that it would become SDC weaponry. the specific numbers may change on just how much damage the weapon does, but it won't be x100.
cchopps
Adventurer

Unread post by cchopps »

The Rifts Megaverse Builder addresses this with something I believe is called... Energy Matrix. I don't have it in front of me. It basically describes that some world have "positive" some have "negative" some have "both" and some have "neither." A world with "neither" means that only technology from that world will work on that world. I believe "negative" is what is required for MDC. If I remember correctly, the Palladium World is a "neither." Heroes Unlimited is a "positive." I think places like Dyval or Hades are a "both."

In my game, the MDC turns to SDC and MD weapons turn to SD weapons.. though you could be mean and have them just not fire at all. :-)

C. Chopps
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

I never liked the energy matrix system. I just house ruled that you can't just get there easily, that when trying to open a rift to one of these SDC dimensions from a MDC dimension that it just won't work. Like trying to swim up a waterfall to a smaller part of a river however it is easy to travel the other direction. This can help explain why so many races have become stranded on Rifts Earth. There may be other ways to get around this by crossing through numerous different dimensions to get around, but the way is never easy. Look in the case of The Palladium world, in my case you couldn't just pop in from Rifts Earth, you would say have pass through Hades or Dyval and enter through the Great Rift, a feat that is just epic in proportions
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Grafsburg
D-Bee

Unread post by Grafsburg »

The one time our party ever left Rifts-Earth, we ended up in Heroes Unlimited-Earth, and he kept it so that MDC weapons still did mega-damage, MDC armor were still as durable, et cetera. I'm not actually sure how Heroes Unlimited works normally, but the only reason we went was just to have a fun fish-out-of-water scenario where we didn't stand the usual chance of being torn apart by vampires or Devil Unicorns.

Also, I think he trusts our party not to level the entire city of Las Vegas with some Wilks rifles and a Coalition EPC. As tempting as it is, we've somehow managed to control ourselves :D .
Last edited by Grafsburg on Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I beleive, though I cannot remebe which book atm (could be CB1) that MD weaponsand armour are SDC when taken to an SDC environment......
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Grafsburg wrote:The one time our party ever left Rifts-Earth, we ended up in Heroes Unlimited-Earth, and he kept it so that MDC weapons still did mega-damage, MDC armor were still as durable, et cetera. I'm not actually sure how Heroes Unlimited works normally, but the only reason we went was just to have a fun fish-out-of-water scenario where we didn't stand the usual chance of being torn apart by vampires or Devil Unicorns.

Also, I think he trusts our party not to level the entire city of Las Vegas with some Wilks rifles and a Coalition EPC. As tempting as it is, we've somehow managed to control ourselves :D .

Trust has nothing to do with it. If you miss where does it go? If you GM is playing the part of an idiot it evaporates ones it passes the target and is harmless if he is not then it levels half of sin city.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

1:1 but I make it AC: 20 because remember that SDC armor if the AC is passed the damage goes directly to the wearer.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Rifts®”