Minion War Aftermath

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

DBX
Hero

Minion War Aftermath

Unread post by DBX »

Is there likely to be an Aftermath style book for the Minion War.

At least a state of play (offical canon material) of the places/npc's effected by the minion war in the last book/rifter?

Is there a desire to get official material on how the Minion War possibly affects other dimensions (known/unknown) -
dragonfett
Knight

Re: Minion War Aftermath

Unread post by dragonfett »

What is the Minion War?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

dragonfett wrote:What is the Minion War?

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/Merchant2 ... _Code=D800

in this link a minion war aftermath book is hinted at in the description. do people want to see such a book, and should it focus on other diemnsions, not covered by the minion war books - like BTS, Wormwood and new dimensions
dragonfett
Knight

What happens in the Dimensional Outbreak book?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
avollant
Wanderer
Comment: "Governments don't make mistakes; they encounter delays and setbacks!

Unread post by avollant »

The minion war is a war between the realms of Hades and Dyvaal the span the multiverse. It affect everybody in Palladium: Rifts Earth, HU, Phase World (and the 3 galaxies). So far, the only world left untouched is the Palladium world...

Will there be an Aftermath book? Perhaps! but it wasn't mentionned... as of yet.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

avollant wrote:The minion war is a war between the realms of Hades and Dyvaal the span the multiverse. It affect everybody in Palladium: Rifts Earth, HU, Phase World (and the 3 galaxies). So far, the only world left untouched is the Palladium world...

Will there be an Aftermath book? Perhaps! but it wasn't mentionned... as of yet.

war between hades/dyval forces has been raging on Palladium for ages. Palladium world has been their defacto battleground but in minion war series Modeus decided to strike a decisive blow against Dyval by invading it through multiple points. I think the PF choas land books 1,2 detail area where minion war is being fought on the palladium world
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Minion War is hinted at in early PFRPG books as being confined to the Land of the Damned. LotD1 goes further into it, explaining that the #1 demon lord is planning a major invasion into Dyval (the deevils' home realm). DB10 & DB11 explain the demon & deevil build up and opening shots of the war, DB12 details the demons invasion of the 3 Galaxies and Phase World. That's pretty much all the books on the subject at the moment. I think Palladium plans to release one for HU and one for Rifts Earth, but outside of that, I don't know if there will be more books.

Also in the original CB (and pretty much any book detailing the demon & deevil lords) has a little bit of what was covered in the early PFRPG books. The early info is pretty much stuff a GM could have taken and ran with. LotD1 started the ball rolling with the whole Minion War idea. Which I'm not saying is bad in any way, I like what's been done so far, and, IMO, the Minion War series seems to be a better idea than the CS/Tolkeen War series.
dragonfett
Knight

So do they invade Center?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

dragonfett wrote:So do they invade Center?

Both Demon & Deevil invade and start a full scale war against each other in Center. Dimensional Outbreak is a good book and I think Carl Gleba best to date.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

It's a little early to be thinking about an aftermath, there are still three books to be published in the series and if the previous track record is any indication it could take as long as two to five years to get to the final book.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Dimensional Outbreak is quite literally one of the best books in a very long time.. Cormel alone dictates that.. but then you get Deevils in command of new Naruni spaceships... Demons literally growing their own spaceships.. and creating entirely new subclasses.. expendable canon fodder... by the billions.. and finally its hinted at for the overall # of demons being quite possibly in the naighborhood of the trillions !!! Spread out amonst the entire megaverse..

Dimensional Out break is one of thee best books out in a very long time..
cl7277
Wanderer

Unread post by cl7277 »

Love the Minion war, Can't what for the next two, I hope there will be three books in this line. Really can't wait to see what happens on Rifts Earth. I Would love to see a Aftermath book even if it does take three to five years to get it.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

cl7277 wrote:Love the Minion war, Can't what for the next two, I hope there will be three books in this line. Really can't wait to see what happens on Rifts Earth. I Would love to see a Aftermath book even if it does take three to five years to get it.

There is already the Hades and Dyval books, as well as Dimensional Outbreak, plus you could count the LOD series from the PF setting as they have a lot of background info.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
cl7277
Wanderer

Unread post by cl7277 »

Yea, But I want more. Want to see what happens on Rifts Earth
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

cl7277 wrote:Yea, But I want more. Want to see what happens on Rifts Earth

You will when Megaverse in Flames is released. THAT is hte Minion war on Rifts Earth. Armageddon Unlimited is next though for HU2 after Heroes of the Megaverse is released
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
dragonfett
Knight

When is Megaverse in Flames slated to come out?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

dragonfett wrote:When is Megaverse in Flames slated to come out?

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/press/press2010-08c.html

Reality is we don;t really know and Palladiums release schedule is now vague because we asked for it to be by not wanitng specific release dates. Mostly because they almost NEVER actually achieve those dates and miss them by wide margins most of the time. I personally like the vagueness now since we get to know what they are working on and what's in the pipline but not get our hopes up as to when it will be available to us masses. :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/

Return to “Rifts®”