Funny little artwork thing I noticed.

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grafsburg
D-Bee

Funny little artwork thing I noticed.

Unread post by Grafsburg »

Okay, so I was reading through my Palladium Fantasy book when I came across a picture that looked quite familiar. It was for the Soldier OCC, and I couldn't help but think that the soldier depicted looked an awful lot like Sean Bean. I'm sure anyone with the book knows where to find the illustration.

Then, recently, I found this picture: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... mcover.jpg

The book and the album came out the same year, for the record. So it kinda makes me wonder if someone at Palladium is a Sharpe fan :lol: !

Also, my apologies if this is the wrong forum to be posting this sort of thing. I just thought it was sort of funny and interesting.

Probably old as sin too, considering the two things have been out since like the early 90's. So double apologies if I'm digging up old dirt and such!
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
Aaryq
Adventurer

Re: Funny little artwork thing I noticed.

Unread post by Aaryq »

Huh...odd.
There should be a specific sub-forum of the Rifts forum dedicated to the only hope for salvation of the human race, the Coalition States.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

that is no worse than teh Terrain Hopper being a near copy of Sylia's Hard Suit from Bubble Gum Crisis, or the Newer Trtiax Borgs in teh first Triax book being near copies of Boomers also from Bubble Gum Crisis...

Funny to see thigns like this when they do occur though :)
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Soldier of Od
Hero

Unread post by Soldier of Od »

Yeah, I noticed our Sean in that picture straight away. Big fan of Sharpe.

Also, check out the group picture on page 15 of the main book. From left to right: Val Kilmer's character in Willow, the Jason Connery era Robin Hood TV series, and I think perhaps Red Sonja?

And don't even get me started on the featured Coalition characters in the Lone Star book. Bonus points if you can name them all!

Soldier of Od.

"Eyes up, Sharpey, or I'll flog 'er round the convent"
Rifter Contributor:
Rifter 61 – Purebred animal templates for Mutants in Avalon (After the Bomb)
Rifter 77 & 78 – Khemennu, City of the Eighteen Cosmic Gods (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – The Prophet O.C.C. (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 83 – Half-Ogres (Palladium Fantasy)
Rifter 84 – Spellbound O.C.C. (Nightbane)
Rifter 85 – Relics of Empire: Elven Cities of the Old Kingdom (Palladium Fantasy)
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Soldier of Od wrote:Yeah, I noticed our Sean in that picture straight away. Big fan of Sharpe.

Also, check out the group picture on page 15 of the main book. From left to right: Val Kilmer's character in Willow, the Jason Connery era Robin Hood TV series, and I think perhaps Red Sonja?

And don't even get me started on the featured Coalition characters in the Lone Star book. Bonus points if you can name them all!

Soldier of Od.

Ross Underhill on Gangs
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Grafsburg
D-Bee

Unread post by Grafsburg »

Soldier of Od wrote:Yeah, I noticed our Sean in that picture straight away. Big fan of Sharpe.

Soldier of Od.

I always thought Colonel Roger Collins looked a lot like David Thewlis myself, but I figured that was just a coincidence.
"I think any culture that relies on transit through large stretches of wilderness would grow to hate deer."
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Back when WB3 first came out Palladium used one of the pictures from it in an ad for PFRPG in Dragon Magazine even though the third or fourth guy back clearly had an energy rifle in his hands.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”