The Interior of a Jinn's Prison.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

twingle93
Wanderer

The Interior of a Jinn's Prison.

Unread post by twingle93 »

In my game, the PCs will be trapped within the literal Genie's lamp, the Jinn's Prison.

Assuming that it is a pocket dimension under the Jinn's command, what types of rooms or areas can be expected for when you have the prison for a nearly omnipotent entity who can change the environment to his whims?

Throne room of amethyst? A harem? A library representing the genie's knowledge of eternity? Opalescent gardens? I'm talking all about cosmically opulent beyond what is found in most villains' lairs since it's construction is limited to the Jinn's imagination.

Any ideas?
dragonfett
Knight

Re: The Interior of a Jinn's Prison.

Unread post by dragonfett »

It would depend on why they are there, if they are friendly to the Jinn, if the Jinn is even in there with them? Maybe they are in there to because they rubbed the bottle and instead of the jinn popping out, they got sucked in because the jinn is a prisoner of his prison (i.e., he can't even come out of the bottle when it gets rubbed for what ever reason). Is the jinn even in control of the pocket dimension inside of the bottle/lamp/whatever he's in?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
twingle93
Wanderer

Unread post by twingle93 »

It would depend on why they are there, if they are friendly to the Jinn, if the Jinn is even in there with them? Maybe they are in there to because they rubbed the bottle and instead of the jinn popping out, they got sucked in because the jinn is a prisoner of his prison (i.e., he can't even come out of the bottle when it gets rubbed for what ever reason). Is the jinn even in control of the pocket dimension inside of the bottle/lamp/whatever he's in?

Correct on all points, and Jinn's being evil in Palladium, I would say that the PCs will have to deal with a being that is in control of the interior of the prison and has reshaped the reality of it to one more to his liking. I'm looking for ideas for areas inside of it: weird rooms, chambers, landscapes, etc.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

I disagree. I think they all look like this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlJmRgfv ... re=related

:bandit:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Mercdog
Hero

Unread post by Mercdog »

I think the pocket dimension within the djinn's fire opal in the Wishmaster film could be an interesting place to trap PCs.
Blade with whom I have lived.
Blade with whom I now die.
Serve right and justice one last time.
Seek one last heart of evil.
Still one last life of pain.
Cut well old friend...
and then farewell.
-Sir Orin Neville Smyth, Flight of Dragons

Return to “G.M.s Forum”