Splugorthian Kingdoms and Empires question.

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Splugorthian Kingdoms and Empires question.

Unread post by Lenwen »

Anyone know exactly how many there are according to canon at this moment in time in the Megaverse ?

EDIT: Also can Alterians be used as T-men ? Their genetically closer to humans then Oger's who are able to be used as T-Men. What say you ?
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Re: Splugorthian Kingdoms and Empires question.

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Lenwen wrote:Anyone know exactly how many there are according to canon at this moment in time in the Megaverse ?
More than are explicitly stated.

Splynncryth's. (Atlantis.)

Rynncryll's. (Center, "owns" a whole lower level of Center.)

Unidentified Splugorth Lords (Pantheons of the Megaverse. The goddess Hel is in an alliance with several of them, trying to con them out of the parts she needs to create her new 'super-body.')

Klynncyrth's. (Throne currently abandoned, his location unknown, his High Lords SUCCESSFULLY ruling in unison and pretending that he's still around. So far, the ruse is working perfectly.)

Unidentified Splugorth (Pantheons of the Megaverse. Rumored to have the missing Skanda in captivity. An apparently different Splugorth than the one who almost destroyed the Indian Pantheon.)

Kryygorth's (Throne now 'abdicated' by Kryygorth's destruction).

Roxxcryth's. (Mad, female Splugorth; somewhere in the Three Galaxies.)

Unidentified Splugorth (Pantheons of the Megaverse. With Kali-ma's help -and Varuna's secret, still unknown treachery -he almost managed to destroy the entire Indian Pantheon, and his minions very nearly killed Parvati.)

Unidentified Splugorth (Phase World. Driven away, and possibly defeated and destroyed, when The Dweller Beneath created the Royal Kreeghor, and used them to field an army that broke their species free of the Spklugorth's dominion.)

Unidentified Splugorth (Pantheons of the Megaverse. Someone is trying to set up Hera to fall in love with a Splugorth by paying Eros to make a love potion for her.)

That's all that I can think of for now.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Pantheons Book - A defeated Splugorth Lord is a false odin leading a small false viking pantheon. Said to be hiding out/operating in Rifts Scandinavia

Pantheons Book - The Indian Pantheon defeated by a Splugorth Lord's armies invading their dimension. Indian Pantheon in exile

SA 1 - Unnamed Splugorth Lord's forces conquer Greenworld
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Splynncryth - has outposts on West coast N.A, S.A ( not to sure), England (London Splynn) and n.west Africa (Gorth)
Braden Campbell
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

Phase World - Desslyth the Younger rules over two dozen worlds in the Thundercloud Galaxy.

Phase World - two other Kingdoms exist in hte Corkscrew Galaxy.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

Braden Campbell wrote:Phase World - Desslyth the Younger rules over two dozen worlds in the Thundercloud Galaxy.

was there a Desslyth the elder and how many dozens of worlds did he rule

Do the Splugorth Lords in three galaxies rule dimensional empires or just galactic empires?
Braden Campbell

Desslyth the Elder is actually still alive, hooked up to a big TW life support system. His "son" simply can't bring himself to pull the plug.

In its heyday, the Kingdom covered more than 25% of the Thundercloud - a massive stellar empire that included tens of thousands of worlds. But then, 400 years ago, the Kreeghor showed up...

As for the other two guys, I have no idea. I can tell you that though in their particular area of space they have to deal not only with each other, but with the Necrol threat and the space barbarians known as the Quatas. So, the odds are that they pull resources from other dimensions if for other reason than to hold their defensive lines.
Braden, GMPhD

cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Braden Campbell wrote:Desslyth the Elder is actually still alive, hooked up to a big TW life support system. His "son" simply can't bring himself to pull the plug.

In its heyday, the Kingdom covered more than 25% of the Thundercloud - a massive stellar empire that included tens of thousands of worlds. But then, 400 years ago, the Kreeghor showed up...

As for the other two guys, I have no idea. I can tell you that though in their particular area of space they have to deal not only with each other, but with the Necrol threat and the space barbarians known as the Quatas. So, the odds are that they pull resources from other dimensions if for other reason than to hold their defensive lines.
In which book is Desslyth?

Is this a joke or is this, possibly, a matter of different Revisions of the relevant books?

(Or is this Desslyth in a non-official Rifter?)

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Braden Campbell

He's in Thundercloud Galaxy, coming out later this Fall.
Braden, GMPhD

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Though not canon, I have to mention Billy-Bob, the Splugorth Tourist who appeared in the Rifter gag issue....just because he is a) so annoying, yet b) perversely cool. 8)
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

Braden Campbell wrote:Phase World - Desslyth the Younger rules over two dozen worlds in the Thundercloud Galaxy.

Braden Campbell wrote:He's in Thundercloud Galaxy, coming out later this Fall.

I am soo going to order multiples of this !!!

Desslyth seems to be one of the more populace of Splugorthian empires yet found in all of the books .. And I can not wait to read up on that one !!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Braden Campbell wrote:Desslyth the Elder is actually still alive, hooked up to a big TW life support system. His "son" simply can't bring himself to pull the plug.

Immortal alien intelligence hooked up to TW life support, really?
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Braden Campbell

Splugorth aren't immortal. They have a life span of up to 250,000 years. Says so in their stat write up.
Braden, GMPhD

DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

how did this empire fare against Krygorths (Sp?). wasn't that supoosed to be one of the most powerful splugorthian empires.

this also illustrates how relatively weak young splyncrytth is and how much power/influence he has in Splugorthian circles simply because he rules Atlantis on Rifts Earth

the dweller beneath must really hate splugorths, if he not only freed a slave species and overthrew that splugorth empire, but then went on to challenge another splugortian empire with his new playthings...........................
taalismn
Priest

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Immortal alien intelligence hooked up to TW life support, really?

"Let's play 'Ping' on the Spluggie's life support monitor!"
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Braden Campbell wrote:Splugorth aren't immortal. They have a life span of up to 250,000 years. Says so in their stat write up.

Okay. I do stand corrected.

Still, I think just saying that out loud about broke my mind. Just what does life support for a splurgorth look like? IV running in the eyeball? :lol: :D
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
taalismn
Priest

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Braden Campbell wrote:Splugorth aren't immortal. They have a life span of up to 250,000 years. Says so in their stat write up.

Still, I think just saying that out loud about broke my mind. Just what does life support for a splurgorth look like? IV running in the eyeball? :lol: :D

Combination giant hightech gumball machine and fishtank, inscribed with mystic symbols, in the middle of an arcane diagram on the room's floor...Mystic crystals, PPE amplifiers, Sustain and Heal spells going off at regular intervals to keep the patient going. If they have access to the Ocean Magic spell Healing Waters, then that's being cast on the liquids circulating in the tank. And of course there's plenty of Biowizardry Slime being pumped in and over the patient.
In emergencies, the staff likely sacrifice a few slaves(or a few dozen slaves) to generate PPE to feed into the ailing Alien Intelligence
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Braden Campbell

I think I described it as a giant tank filled with healing transmutation slime in which he sits totally submerged. Meanwhile slaves are ground up in giant blenders and fed to him interveinously through tubes shoved down his mouth tentacles.
Braden, GMPhD

cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

Nekira Sudacne wrote:

They have an average lifespan of 250,000 years.

If they have a finite lifespan, they are the first "mortal" Alien Intelligence of any type that that I have ever heard of (not to mention one of the only finite-lifespan True Supernatural Creatures that I can personally think of).

DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

cornholioprime wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

They have an average lifespan of 250,000 years.

If they have a finite lifespan, they are the first "mortal" Alien Intelligence of any type that that I have ever heard of (not to mention one of the only finite-lifespan True Supernatural Creatures that I can personally think of).

I think S.I's npc's haven't been done well in rifts. they started out well in CB1 book. our groups impression from the books regarding Splugorth/Vampire Intelligences was that they were lesser intelligences. They had limitations compared to the full blown S.I's, but as more and more books came out, S.I's weren't really done justice and then more or less forgotten about...
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

DBX wrote:Splynncryth - has outposts on West coast N.A, S.A ( not to sure), England (London Splynn) and n.west Africa (Gorth)

Yes to South America. There's a thriving black market in slavery and illegal biomancy enhancements in Colombia that's bankrolled by Splynncryth, and his scamalicious version of the Dragonwright Cult has taken over the Kingdom of Lagarto in the Amazon Basin.
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

[quote="Braden Campbell"]Desslyth the Elder is actually still alive, hooked up to a big TW life support system.quote]

just wondering why this wouldn't be a Biowizard device rather than TW. Splugorths are supposed to be able to do ****** powerful things with Biowizardry. everyone seems to have TW these days, biowizardryu still generally the domain of the splugorth
Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Braden Campbell wrote:I think I described it as a giant tank filled with healing transmutation slime in which he sits totally submerged. Meanwhile slaves are ground up in giant blenders and fed to him interveinously through tubes shoved down his mouth tentacles.

eww
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
DBX
Hero

Unread post by DBX »

pantheons book - think hecate stole biowizard knowledge from several unnamed splugorths

England book - dragon's grave splugorth is Splyncrytth, thuoght it may be a differnt one.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

DBX wrote:pantheons book - think hecate stole biowizard knowledge from several unnamed splugorths

England book - dragon's grave splugorth is Splyncrytth, thuoght it may be a differnt one.
It's Splynncryth.

twingle93
Wanderer

Unread post by twingle93 »

They can be considered one of the great powers of the Megaverse, and thus can be as many as the GM wants for his campaign, and active in as many or as few dimensions as necessary.

For the three galaxies, there is a continuity error. In the main Phase World book it states that they rule just under 100 planets, while the Fleets of the Three Galaxies states that they rule four worlds.
Braden Campbell

Uh... it should say that they rule four small empires.

Might be a misprint... Can you cite a page for me?
Braden, GMPhD

twingle93
Wanderer

Page 69 in Fleets of the Three Galaxies under Disposition of Fleets, second paragraph, I quote:
"While some people take solace in the fact that the Splugorth have a small presence in the Three Galaxies, currently laying claim to only three worlds...."

I was wrong, it was actually less than that.
Braden Campbell

It is wrong, I'll give you that. I'll also make a note to correct it when Fleets is due for reprinting, thanks.
Braden, GMPhD

csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

taalismn wrote:Though not canon, I have to mention Billy-Bob, the Splugorth Tourist who appeared in the Rifter gag issue....just because he is a) so annoying, yet b) perversely cool. 8)

that is heresy he is as canon as ludicrous magic
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

steve652 wrote:Splugorth more of a danger to each other than others. For such a great and powerful race they relie entirely to much on lesser beings. Any race that good whoop the divine out of just about all the gods in the source book should take a more active role in the multiverse.
Actually, as Alien Intelligences go, the Splugorth are "small time crooks" by comparison.

Most of them "only" want to conquer vast swaths of territory.....and use that territory to set up a market, keep a bunch of slaves, and generally watch other sentient beings suffer for fun (sometimes even other Splugorth).

In the Megaversal scheme of things, they were never written or intended to be that much of a threat.

twingle93
Wanderer

Splugorth more of a danger to each other than others. For such a great and powerful race they relie entirely to much on lesser beings. Any race that good whoop the divine out of just about all the gods in the source book should take a more active role in the multiverse.

Their use of lesser races is a source of strength for them. Other alien intelligences bleed lesser species dry and will get themselves killed. If the Splugorth rise to the level of the Old Ones it will be because of their minions.
csbioborg
Champion
Comment: Lazlo and its supporters talk of Dbee rights. Can you even comprehend the plight of the untold billions of humans evicted from thier homes since their coming? What of their rights?

Unread post by csbioborg »

other than the old ones and the lord of the deep what AI is more powerful?
arguably Crhonos and that's it
I remember days like this when my father took me to the forest and we ate wild blueberries. More than 20 years ago. I was just a boy of four or five. The leaves were so dark and green then. The grass smelled sweet with the spring wind...For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm.
Bood Samel
Adventurer
Comment: The only place worth going is too far.

Unread post by Bood Samel »

The Splugorth are basically the Huts of the megaverse.

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”