Genetically close to Humans.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lenwen

Genetically close to Humans.

Unread post by Lenwen »

Can you name every species that would be according to their write ups .. Genetically close to humans ?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Re: Genetically close to Humans.

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

lets see..
True Atlantians
Amazons
Psionic immortals
Sea Titans
Psi-Stalkers
Ogres

there are also those psionic 'super humans' from project Achilles in south america...
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
dragonfett
Knight

Unread post by dragonfett »

IIRC, IRL we humans are less than a mere .5% away from a frog or insect. You will have to be more specific as to what you mean by Genetically close to Humans.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
Against an Army of Darkness
And Horrors Unknown
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

dragonfett wrote:IIRC, IRL we humans are less than a mere .5% away from a frog or insect. You will have to be more specific as to what you mean by Genetically close to Humans.

According to Palladium's "Megaverse" that is not a megaverse .. :P
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

dragonfett wrote:IIRC, IRL we humans are less than a mere .5% away from a frog or insect. You will have to be more specific as to what you mean by Genetically close to Humans.
Given the twisted natures of most of us in these Forums, he is probably asking for species he can mate with and have children. :P :oops:

Add the "Altess" to the list.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
johnkretzer
Adventurer
Comment: Power gaming in Rifts is NOT hard or challenging. If you want to impress people with you power gaming skills try Toon

Unread post by johnkretzer »

Auto-Gs

And menbtioned before but not by name...Neo Humans
dragonfett
Knight

What about Elves?
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Also...the Tritonians -the US Navy's version of the Project: Achilles experiments.

They are still human, and can still breed with humans.

BUT....some of them are half-fish n physical appearance, which brings up the age-old question:

If you really wanted to get busy with a Tritonian, which half of the body would you want to Human, and which half to be Fish?? :puke: :lol:

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
The Beast
Demon Lord Extraordinaire
Comment: You probably think this comment is about you, don't you?

Unread post by The Beast »

Zentradi from Robotech can mate with humans. I'm not sure if the offspring can be turned into the full-size kind though.
Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

cornholioprime wrote:Also...the Tritonians -the US Navy's version of the Project: Achilles experiments.

They are still human, and can still breed with humans.

BUT....some of them are half-fish n physical appearance, which brings up the age-old question:

If you really wanted to get busy with a Tritonian, which half of the body would you want to Human, and which half to be Fish?? :puke: :lol:

I think that whomever came up with those people watched "Humanoids for the Deep" one too many times.
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

Neo-Humans are genetically closer to the other mutant animals of Project Achilles than they are to Humans.

I don't remember, can Mind-Bleeders mate with humans and successfully produce offspring?
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
dragonfett
Knight

Nope. The reason you don't see Half-elves in palladium products.

If that was the case then only humans could breed with other humans, other wise we'd be seeing half-ogres, half-True Atlanteans, half-Psi-Stalkers, half-Sea Titans, half-Amazons, half-Psionic Immortals, half-Auto-G's, etc. The list goes on, we all know that PB has such a good track record of consistency in their canon materials (dripping with sarcasm).
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

dragonfett wrote:
Nope. The reason you don't see Half-elves in palladium products.

If that was the case then only humans could breed with other humans, other wise we'd be seeing half-ogres, half-True Atlanteans, half-Psi-Stalkers, half-Sea Titans, half-Amazons, half-Psionic Immortals, half-Auto-G's, etc. The list goes on, we all know that PB has such a good track record of consistency in their canon materials (dripping with sarcasm).
No, there IS such a thing as 'being close to human' -we have real-life analogues (not of humans per se, but of other species), and to its credit Palladium DOES get it right in terms of saying X,Y, and Z are 'close enough' to mate with but other species are not.

It's simply that, in Palladium, they base most of their Alien character designs on the humanoid model -as do most fictional works, even though to hear it from a lot of exobiologists, our own appearance is likely to be something of a fluke amongst possible configurations of sentient species. We humans apparently don't take very well to the concept of "people" who don't look like us in whole or in part.

In the case of species who can mate with Humans in Palladium, the simplest in-game explanation is that most other species, despite their appearance and despite the fact that they are also carbon-based lifeforms, they simply have TOO many variations in their DNA strings to mate with humans and produce offspring.

(For those of us who don't remember, in sexual reproduction the two parties each contribute roughly half of their genetic material in sperm and egg; what most people probably don't realize, is that you can't just slap together any two sets of chromosomes from any two species, they actually have to MATCH in most or all sections. I for one am not sure if that was a deliberate safeguard on Mother Nature's part......but I sure am glad that there are no literal Black Sheep in my family. :lol: )

dragonfett
Knight

I will be the first to admit that I am not the greatest at getting my point across, so often it does seem like I may not think before I post, nor am I trying to be argumentative either, but rather expressing my opinions and thoughts on the matter (and yes, I know what they say about opinions and other things, everyone has them). Looking at the reason why PB just avoided the subject, I understand why they went the way they did. Half-breeds tend to be the exception to the rule rather than a hard and fast rule. If GM's want to have half-breeds in their game, then it is up to them to come up with something they think is reasonable.
Under the Pain of Death
I would Stand Alone
And Horrors Unknown
Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

The Last Darkness wrote:OP can you tell us why and the reasoning for this question? The community can give you a much better answer if your more specific. That is unless you were Trolling.

Because I am curious as to what races in print currently are close to Humans "Genetically" as per Oger's and are able to actually mate with and create life.

Now I have a question for you, How is it trolling to ask a question ?
Kalidor
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Kalidor »

Neanderthals were close enough to humans that they could interbreed.

Some people even have traces of Neanderthal DNA in them.

Source: http://www.time.com/time/health/article ... 68,00.html
The Baron of chaos
Champion

Unread post by The Baron of chaos »

For mating purpose let's not forget the gods and demigods.
Those guys are the only one allowed to hybridated in the Megaverse.
"The baron is made of raw win. Search your feelings, you know it to be true."
cornholioprime
Palladin
Well, mostly.....

TheGrayRaven wrote:
The Baron of chaos wrote:For mating purpose let's not forget the gods and demigods.
Those guys are the only one allowed to hybridated in the Megaverse.

Actually, I have not seen it stated anywhere that femigods can breed with their nondeific partent stock. However, I believe it is somewhat implied in South America 2 regarding the True Inca RCC.

In Pantheons, it is specifically stated that the deity must be able to actually become the race in question. I took it as being a greater degree than a simple metamorphosis spell.
Whatever Pantheons of the Megaverse stated -and I don't quite know where you got that bit of info from in that book but I think I know what you're referring to -it has been effectively superseded by Dragons and Gods.

Palladium True Gods have the capability to mate with, and produce viable offspring from, any (non-supernatural) creature they want.

Just ask Loki. :oops: :-P :shock:

Lenwen

Unread post by Lenwen »

So then the following according to the posters are considered "Genetically" close to Humans ?

True Atlantians
Amazons
Psionic immortals
Sea Titans
Psi-Stalkers
Ogres
Altess
Auto-Gs
Neo Humans
Tritonians
Zentradi

This is the consensus it would seem.

Thank you for your cooperation peeps. :D
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

The Beast wrote:Zentradi from Robotech can mate with humans. I'm not sure if the offspring can be turned into the full-size kind though.

Zentradi are modified Tyrolians and Tyrolians can also mate with Humans it is the use of protoculture that allows the growth. So I guess it would be possible for even humans to undergo the growth... wonder why they've never covered that? :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Neo-Humans are not genetically close to Humans.

Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Lenwen wrote:So then the following according to the posters are considered "Genetically" close to Humans ?

True Atlantians
Amazons
Psionic immortals
Sea Titans
Psi-Stalkers
Ogres
Altess
Auto-Gs
Neo Humans
Tritonians
Zentradi

Zer0 Kay Adds: Tyrolians
•I add that Radioactive Humanoid Race from Phase World (Assuming that the normal humans Egg/Sperms don't get irraddiated first-Fat chance).
•I think theres a Humanoid race in Aliens Unlimited that can also breed with humans.
•The Seeronians (of Skraypers) may also be able to breed with humans.
•Although in no way human, that Utterly human looking Cat Race from Manhunter can breed with humans... But that's just cuz they breed with almost anything (It's their super power HAH)
►Neo-Humans use a humans Genetic base for their creation, and dispite the Other genes put into the mix, they Are an equivalent genetic off shoot of humans.
That said, as you'd said earlier, they are said to have more "In Common" with the other mutant races than humans, (as in they are the end result of experimentation).

►Mind-Bleeders were at first considered not human (D-bees), this was later ret-conned do to so many races being able to have Mind Bleeders powers after all.
►Psi-stalkers are supposed to just be mutant humans, Same race, differant genus... Just like Blacks and Whites... Not that most peeps know we're the same race, hence why the term Race can now include being of the Same speices but of a differant Genus.

HOWEVER, in resent years the Psi-Stalker has been defined as a completely separate race/Speices who can no longer breed with humans and thus by That standard they can NOT be defined as being part of the human race. They are a separate race of creatures from man.
Last edited by Steeler49er on Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Glistam »

Steeler49er wrote:•Neo-Humans use a humans Genetic base for their creation, and dispite the Other genes put into the mix, they Are an equivalent genetic off shoot of humans.

Rifts South America 2, Page 150: "Although the neo-humans are closer genetically to the mutant animals than to "real" humans, their looks and raw power are enough to inspire negative feelings."

Based on that I would not consider them "Genetically close to humans", as the OP originally asked for.

Return to “Rifts®”