Hand to hand question

Let's talk of things that go bump in the night. Stuff that makes your skin crawl. Creatures that are Beyond the Supernatural™. Also checkout the in-character site - Lazlo Society™

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Dr. Avery
D-Bee

Hand to hand question

Unread post by Dr. Avery »

I have recently noticed an inconsistiency in the write-up for the hand to hands in 2e. Several of the fighting styles state that all basic moves are known, however the same moves listed in those paragraphs are given as higher level additions. Is there an official ruling for this, or do I have to house rule it and listen to my players grumble one way or the other?
Never take a Paladin to do an Assasins job.
Lord Z
Hero
Comment: Court of Tarot author

Re: Hand to hand question

Unread post by Lord Z »

Unfortunately, it probably depends on which move. I haven't seen it in any errata article. The older games identified Strike, Parry, Dodge, and Roll with Impact as basic moves; everything else has to be learned; and I tend to stick with this policy.

Of course, there is also the matter that Hand to Hand w/o training contradicts itself about how many actions the character gets by 15th level.
Currently recruiting for Beyond the Supernatural games in 2019 which I am running on Discord: voice, text, and play-by-post. Here is the non-expiring server invite link: 418BQSLG

“All would be well. All would be heavenly— If the damned would only stay damned.”
-- Charles Fort, The Book of the Damned, 1913
Holister
Adventurer

Unread post by Holister »

I say Pally has over-complicated their overwise good combat system. I say get yourself a copy of PFRPG 1st edition and use the combat rules from that. Its what I have done for years and best of all, no player complaints.
Ask yourself this;
"Say what now?"
Dr. Avery
D-Bee

Unread post by Dr. Avery »

On the contrary, I enjoy the complexity and variability within the palladium combat system. However, I would like to see Kevin, or someone oficially designated by Kevin, address issues like these on the forums or possibly the Rifter once in awhile.
Never take a Paladin to do an Assasins job.

Return to “Beyond the Supernatural™”