(request) Karbarran Pics

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Pox
Dungeon Crawler

(request) Karbarran Pics

Unread post by Pox »

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had some decent lineart or even fanart of the Karbarrans (male or female) or even some good inked lineart of some mutant bears that I can tweak into a Karbarran.

The only pics I've been able to find thus far is the same art that Long used in the Sentinels book or Bearmen in their Karsrek Power Armor.

To cure my boredom and to get me creative, I ask my GF to give me a OCC/PCC/RCC from any of my Palladium books and I make a character with art attached but the Bearmen are giving me a bit of trouble to find good art for.

Thanks.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: (request) Karbarran Pics

Unread post by jaymz »

Pox wrote:Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone had some decent lineart or even fanart of the Karbarrans (male or female) or even some good inked lineart of some mutant bears that I can tweak into a Karbarran.

The only pics I've been able to find thus far is the same art that Long used in the Sentinels book or Bearmen in their Karsrek Power Armor.

To cure my boredom and to get me creative, I ask my GF to give me a OCC/PCC/RCC from any of my Palladium books and I make a character with art attached but the Bearmen are giving me a bit of trouble to find good art for.

Thanks.

If you have Prelude to teh Shadow Chronicles they were in it only brielfy. I'lls ee if I can get a pic out of it for you...

EDIT - here right out of Prelude http://www.spacestationliberty.com/woj/kabarran.jpg
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Pox
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Pox »

jaymz wrote:
Pox wrote:Hello all,

Thanks.

If you have Prelude to teh Shadow Chronicles they were in it only brielfy. I'lls ee if I can get a pic out of it for you...

EDIT - here right out of Prelude http://www.spacestationliberty.com/woj/kabarran.jpg

hmmm...seems like I can use mutant dogs also if I just flub around with the proportions. It just seemed to me like they had horns from the text but I must have read it wrong...or at least sideways.

thanks.
we forgive you pox - Lord Cherico
You mah main Damie, Pox - el magico -- darklorddc
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Nah the original ones from Sentinels had horn type tigns but the revamped them like the revamped the Garudans and Haydonites. They left the Perytonians and Praxians more or less alone though as far as I can tell.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

Actually, its an interesting take on the Garudans to have 2 species: the Vulpines/Foxes (as originally defined, but using the Tommy Yune revamp) and the Felines/Cats (based on Palladium's entry for The Sentinels RPG).
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Pity about the revision; I'd done a (horned) Karbarrean for the old Mecha Pantheon...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

josephddm wrote:Those Karbarran(carbonarites) looks like giant wolves as those appeared on "Underworld". I hate the refit of some things that didn't need to be refitted. They only need to re-draw the pics appeared on the Sentinels RPG. Give them a new look not to make them unfamiliar for the old fans. The Praxian doesn't seems a beautiful warrior of ancient, looks like a worryward one. Mr. Macek (maybe) is revolving in its toomb with these comments.

Well, the Karbarreans as originally drawn looked a little like giant beavers with head knobs, but making them look like Wulfen was going a little too far in the other direction...refering to something in earthly terms like 'ursinoid' still leaves a lot of leeway for alien physiology.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

I found a good Pic of the KarBarrans here
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Protoculture

Unread post by Protoculture »

Those Karbarran(carbonarites) looks like giant wolves as those appeared on "Underworld".

I respectfully disagree. The revamped Karbarran looked more like its counterpart on Earth, more or less as an upright grizzly bear.

I like the redesign better than the original.
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Protoculture wrote:I respectfully disagree. The revamped Karbarran looked more like its counterpart on Earth, more or less as an upright grizzly bear.

I like the redesign better than the original.

Yea, me too. In fact, for my Alternate Robotech setting, I consider the Karbarrans, Garudan Vulpines & Felines to be Earth-native species that were 'elevated' by The Awareness when it captured primitive Homo Sapiens and made them into Zor's people. Its much easier to explain their appearance. The only truly alien races the REF encounter are the Aspis (insectile race), Spherians and maybe one or two other races from The Sentinels preproduction lineup.

Preproduction Lineup 1

Preproduction Lineup 2

Aspis

I'd like to see a redesign of The Spherians to be a little more 'crystaline' as in angular features etc.
dataweaver
Adventurer

Unread post by dataweaver »

Yeah; I've been meaning to ask: where did you get that? And what's on the other 29 pages?

Also, I recall someone pointing out a preproduction sketch for Mospeada, which included mecha designs (at least two of which made it into Tommy Yune's [b]Robotech[/i] comics). Was that you, too? If so, where did you get it, and are there others?

I'd like to see more about your Alternate Robotech setting. Would that be possible?
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

dataweaver wrote:Yeah; I've been meaning to ask: where did you get that? And what's on the other 29 pages?

The Sentinels DVD. Its a screen cap of the production gallery.

Also, I recall someone pointing out a preproduction sketch for Mospeada, which included mecha designs (at least two of which made it into Tommy Yune's [b]Robotech[/i] comics). Was that you, too? If so, where did you get it, and are there others?

Do a board search for the Imai Mospeada files. Someone posted a link. Its a packet of artwork Roger Harkavy got from a trip he went on to Japan.

I'd like to see more about your Alternate Robotech setting. Would that be possible?

I might be persuaded to post a lot of what I have here since I'm scrupulous in not using game stats. I just need to make sure it won't be locked and I get banned for doing so. I've been working on the timeline and fan-fiction related to the project. I have a great deal of the preliminary artwork already, but there is still a great deal left to do.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

I like the "Super-Apha" concept art that's floated around the internet for a while.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Zor Disciple wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:I like the "Super-Apha" concept art that's floated around the internet for a while.

I kept googling that and kept getting horse pics... then I realized it should be Super-Alpha. :lol:

you might find the Super Alpha fomr RotM2nd. whihc is a diffrent bird. the Concept art was something a Fan named Roger harkavy stumbled apon on a trip to Japan to work on a book. Looks like a Standard alpha with extra missiles and armor on it.
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I liked the super alpha from RoTM 2nd, and even the other mecha was good. I still use them in my games when i can.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:I liked the super alpha from RoTM 2nd, and even the other mecha was good. I still use them in my games when i can.

I was big fan of the Znetraedi Striker Battloid in that book....

\m/
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I have to agree the striker battloid was good. I am hoping they do something for the Zentradi in future supplements.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”