Compare/Contrast No Conversion

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

KillWatch
Champion

Re: Compare/Contrast No Conversion

Unread post by KillWatch »

and that is also the point. You can be super strong, at your own expense. And Im a classic HU guy, 6 minors or 3 majors is just too much for my liking. Not so much as in 1st edition where apparently you can only have one major or2 minor or something like that
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

KillWatch wrote:and that is also the point. You can be super strong, at your own expense. And Im a classic HU guy, 6 minors or 3 majors is just too much for my liking. Not so much as in 1st edition where apparently you can only have one major or2 minor or something like that

Actually RAW in 1st ed is one power period.
There were no major/minor power categories.
That was first introduced in revised.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

One reason I am trying to run a Minor Heroes campaign, but so far little interest.
gaby
Knight

Unread post by gaby »

Do you think only using the Super-Soldier abilities cout as a minor hero?
KillWatch
Champion

Unread post by KillWatch »

I had this idea of "minor heroes" and a scale;
Flatscans: characters without powers but the class stuff like mutations, weapon abilities, minor psionics, side effects
Minor Powered: 1 minor power
Full Powered: standard
Over Powered: double power effects/point pools
etc
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
AlanGunhouse
Champion

Unread post by AlanGunhouse »

gaby wrote:Do you think only using the Super-Soldier abilities cout as a minor hero?

In my minor hero game I set up (but so far have no players for), you could have 3 super soldier powers and be a minor hero...but all those abilities would be at half power. Some quoters from the rules are below.

I divide powers into 4 levels (instead of just 2).
Level 1 is "Special Effects" level: powers that are weak even by the standards of minor power.  Powers like Hovering, Impervious to Fear, and Sleep Dust.
Level 2 is the Secondary Powers level: powers that are strong and useful, but still not generally what you base an entire character around (though you can), things like Healing Factor, Hyperdensity, Lunar Strength, and Solar Powered.
Level 3 is Primary power level: the level of the main abilities of most major heroes.  Things like Supernatural Strength, Magnetism, or most APS powers.
Level 4 is Superior powers level, this is the level of powers that require the GM to alter the game to cope with their presence.  Powers like Energy Conversion and Invulnerability and Borrow Power.

My rules are a minor hero can have 3 powers of level 1, or 2 powers of level 2, or 1 power of level 3, but no powers of level 4.  Please note, some class modifications count as special effects powers, so only those with no real game effect (like strange coloration) may be chosen freely, those that significantly aid the character will need to be selected as special effect powers.

Not only do sidekicks have fewer powers than great heroes, those they have are generally less powerful. Powers are halved in nearly all aspects on the sidekicks. There is a way around that limit…if the character takes the same power twice, the power is at full effect (naturally only Special Effect level and Secondary level powers can benefit from this).

Super Soldier: Fairly self-explanatory, these soldiers have underwent experimentation or implantation of foreign elements (drugs, radiation, or even bionics) to become the most skilled and dangerous soldier known (Captain America). For Sidekicks, Supersoldier abilities are, even though sometimes more powerful, considered to be Special Effect Abilities for purposes of determining the abilities of power based Super Soldiers. Alternative super soldiers start with no abilities other than those of their alternative type (Implant, Chemical, or Endoskeletal). Sidekick Super Soldiers do not start with any special gear normally, but may exchange a special effect level ability for one item, if the item is reasonable.
rbm10101
Wanderer

Unread post by rbm10101 »

High Gravity alien
mega hero with str boost and massive SDC
supernatural PS
Invulnerability
Growth
the solar powered ability which adds 40% to PS when full charged in one of the PU's dont have mine handy.
very very very munchin though.
Anyway I prefer the game the way it is with the limits it has. Lets keep the power creep to a minimum

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”