Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Re: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by jaymz »

josephddm wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:Actually, the only thing that is Quasi-Illegal is intercourse, (IE Statutory-Rape). and Its unknown if that happened at all ever between the 2 of them. (and i doubt between Rick and Lisa for a LONG time.... as shes like 50 in Prelude when she's with child).

Between Rick and Lynn Minmay,for sure something happens when she goes to live with him but she was and adult at that period,and after Rick has rejected Minmay and starts a life with Lisa by his side is also sure that thay were something more than contemplative lovers.The point comes to why they had waited until she turns 50 to have a child if we are capable of enlargin'7micronizin' people,creatin' clones,conquer the stars and travel to the ranges unknown of the galaxy.

Actually I;d venture to guess it is quite possible Rick and Lisa may have at least fooled around after the episode where they walk together in the rain. Sex? not likel ybut 2nd base? Good chance I'd say.

As for Rick with Minmei? I doubt anything even happened physically between them until after the Rain of Death at the earliest if ever.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Nightmask
Palladin

Unread post by Nightmask »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Seto Kaiba wrote:But that's the thing... Robotech's creators editors clearly felt that there was something wrong with most of the cast's ages, and changed most of them to make most of the cast older and get the guys who join the military in extremis up to 18+... with a single exception: Minmei. Having a 19 year old man dating a girl who was 15 for a considerable part of their relationship at the start of the series would have been just as creepy and wrong (not to mention illegal) back then as it is today. It's why I've never understood how Minmei was the only one to escape having her age changed... but it's not quite as creepy and offensive as what Sentinels did to her. ;)

Creepy and Wrong is an Opinion, but Illegal? Rick was in the Military, if it was Illegal on the SDF-1, as soon as his relationship was reveled, he would have been arrested and placed in the brig.
Actually, the only thing that is Quasi-Illegal is intercourse, (IE Statutory-Rape). and Its unknown if that happened at all ever between the 2 of them. (and i doubt between Rick and Lisa for a LONG time.... as shes like 50 in Prelude when she's with child).
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... onsent.png
A 15 year old girl would be off-limits to 19 year old men in all 50 states and Canada too.
Only to have sex with, Dating and Friendship are not something that I can find any laws about preventing.

Law of Public Perception: if you're male and old enough to be interested and seen with a female below a certain age people immediately start thinking negative thoughts and assuming no matter what actually goes on.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

'Reality is very disappointing.' - Jonathan Switcher from Mannequin

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Nightmask wrote:
Law of Public Perception: if you're male and old enough to be interested and seen with a female below a certain age people immediately start thinking negative thoughts and assuming no matter what actually goes on.
fortunately until that is used in court to convict someone who has a non-physical relationship with a "underage" girl... I'll stick to "Real" laws. otherwise the 17yr old girl i was frined with when i was 24 would have gotten me locked up in the pounder...
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
fortunately until that is used in court to convict someone who has a non-physical relationship with a "underage" girl... I'll stick to "Real" laws. otherwise the 17yr old girl i was frined with when i was 24 would have gotten me locked up in the pounder...

Up here actual sex need not be the issue. Sexual interference and such laws are in place now.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

josephddm wrote:
jaymz wrote:
josephddm wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:Actually, the only thing that is Quasi-Illegal is intercourse, (IE Statutory-Rape). and Its unknown if that happened at all ever between the 2 of them. (and i doubt between Rick and Lisa for a LONG time.... as shes like 50 in Prelude when she's with child).

Between Rick and Lynn Minmay,for sure something happens when she goes to live with him but she was and adult at that period,and after Rick has rejected Minmay and starts a life with Lisa by his side is also sure that thay were something more than contemplative lovers.The point comes to why they had waited until she turns 50 to have a child if we are capable of enlargin'7micronizin' people,creatin' clones,conquer the stars and travel to the ranges unknown of the galaxy.

Actually I;d venture to guess it is quite possible Rick and Lisa may have at least fooled around after the episode where they walk together in the rain. Sex? not likel ybut 2nd base? Good chance I'd say.

As for Rick with Minmei? I doubt anything even happened physically between them until after the Rain of Death at the earliest if ever.

Maybe is not explicit,but is suggested.Remember that we are talkin' about a show for young viewers and childs at the time(now we are mature viewers and old foxes,YUP!!) :D

Are you kidding? The so called animated shows of today by and large are WAY less mature than what was televised in the mid 80's.

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I can honestly say I never though this much about Rick and Minmei's relationship. Ever. :)
Rook and Rand however, now there was a relationship. :)
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:I can honestly say I never though this much about Rick and Minmei's relationship. Ever. :)

Yeah when they weren't ready to kill each other :lol:

\m/
Nightmask
Palladin

jaymz wrote:
josephddm wrote:Maybe is not explicit,but is suggested.Remember that we are talkin' about a show for young viewers and childs at the time(now we are mature viewers and old foxes,YUP!!) :D

Are you kidding? The so called animated shows of today by and large are WAY less mature than what was televised in the mid 80's.

I'll have to second that. While they were in some ways fairly simplistic you had a lot of stuff reflecting the real world that most modern animation has completely nerfed. Heroes fought against real villains, and while destruction wasn't as realistic as we see today we saw actual conflict and actual issues. Thundarr may not have ever been allowed to cut someone but he dealt with some serious villains and it was a serious take on things.
Fair warning: I consider being called a munchkin a highly offensive slur and do report people when they err in doing so.

It's 'canon', not 'cannon'. A cannon is a big gun like on pirate ships, canon is what you mean when referring to something as being contained within one of the books such as how many dice to roll for a stat.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

MikeM wrote:I can honestly say I never though this much about Rick and Minmei's relationship. Ever. :)
Annie and Lunk is another Hott one!!!1 :frazz: :puke:
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

josephddm wrote:
Nightmask wrote:
jaymz wrote:
josephddm wrote:Maybe is not explicit,but is suggested.Remember that we are talkin' about a show for young viewers and childs at the time(now we are mature viewers and old foxes,YUP!!) :D

I'll have to second that. While they were in some ways fairly simplistic you had a lot of stuff reflecting the real world that most modern animation has completely nerfed. Heroes fought against real villains, and while destruction wasn't as realistic as we see today we saw actual conflict and actual issues. Thundarr may not have ever been allowed to cut someone but he dealt with some serious villains and it was a serious take on things.

A lot of things has changed from the 80's,when most of all,I am 32 now,were kids and rating mature and adult contents were established by Psycologists not by the Share Screen quote wanted from a product now in 2011.
Annie and Lunk is an example of statutory if they get involved while she was younger than him(also about the risk of dyin' from suffocation...unfortunated joke,I know it :o )

Depending on the source Annie was 16 :lol:

\m/
Nightmask
Palladin

jaymz wrote:
josephddm wrote:
Nightmask wrote:I'll have to second that. While they were in some ways fairly simplistic you had a lot of stuff reflecting the real world that most modern animation has completely nerfed. Heroes fought against real villains, and while destruction wasn't as realistic as we see today we saw actual conflict and actual issues. Thundarr may not have ever been allowed to cut someone but he dealt with some serious villains and it was a serious take on things.

A lot of things has changed from the 80's,when most of all,I am 32 now,were kids and rating mature and adult contents were established by Psycologists not by the Share Screen quote wanted from a product now in 2011.
Annie and Lunk is an example of statutory if they get involved while she was younger than him(also about the risk of dyin' from suffocation...unfortunated joke,I know it :o )

Depending on the source Annie was 16 :lol:

Which really wouldn't matter anyway since at least in-universe it was a broken down society functioning way below the PC level of thinking we've added in the last few decades. After all just because it's illegal now is quite irrelevant to someone in say the 40s or Middle Ages. 'Oh no that's so illegal and immoral!' is based on nowadays, a very minor slice of history and people from those eras would look at us like idiots for it. They wouldn't be too far off on a lot of it too, not like they had to worry about the explosion of gang activity and such because they didn't bring kids up telling them 'hey we expect you to disobey and have no self-control until you're in your 20s because some scientist told us brains aren't done developing until then and we think that means we wait until it's too late to train you properly' they brought kids up expecting right behavior from them from the start and it worked.

Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Annie and Lunk is another Hott one!!!1 :frazz: :puke:

dependent only on laws in villages they pass thru.

There was no real .gov beyond local city, town, village.

edit: how did a thread on the NG book get into this?????
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

Chris0013 wrote:edit: how did a thread on the NG book get into this?????

It started with a discussion of character deaths in Prelude, and then about whether Lisa was going to come back in the sequel (if it ever gets made), and then about their ages... and it branched again when I made an off-the-cuff comment about how Carl Macek changing the ages of everyone except Minmei to make them 18+ felt kinda creepy... and people just rolled with it. :lol:

(It was either a straight answer or a snippet of lyrics from David Bowie's Magic Dance... I guess the straight answer just isn't as funny)
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Pushed back to July...(sigh) And he still complains about low sales. Sales suck becaue Palladium puts out product people don't want. I haven't bought a book from Palladium since Triax 2.
They can't see me...Right!?
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Arnie100 wrote:Pushed back to July...(sigh) And he still complains about low sales. Sales suck becaue Palladium puts out product people don't want. I haven't bought a book from Palladium since Triax 2.

That's assuming he can get Vampire Kingdoms, Vampire Sourcebook AND Lemuria all done so he can get New Gen done and New Gen is the only one with (tentative) beside it. VK has an actual ship date attached. VS says June or July and Lemuria says July and none of them have (tentative) beside them.

I just do not understand why he does this to himself. I know he ain't gonna get 4 books out in the next 8-9 weeks. You know he ain't gonna get it done, and I honestly think HE knows he ain't gonna get it done. If he actually thinks he will after 20+ years of never doing just that then he'll never understand why we as a customer based get pissed off because of late books and delay after delay. Especially when advertising and putting some of these books out for preorder well over a year ago.

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

jaymz wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:Pushed back to July...(sigh) And he still complains about low sales. Sales suck becaue Palladium puts out product people don't want. I haven't bought a book from Palladium since Triax 2.

That's assuming he can get Vampire Kingdoms, Vampire Sourcebook AND Lemuria all done so he can get New Gen done and New Gen is the only one with (tentative) beside it. VK has an actual ship date attached. VS says June or July and Lemuria says July and none of them have (tentative) beside them.

Wait. What? When did Lemuria get in front of New Gen?

I said last year that it was a joke that KS gave New Gen a release date of Early 2011. I still don't expect to see it before December 2011.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:
jaymz wrote:

I said last year that it was a joke that KS gave New Gen a release date of Early 2011. I still don't expect to see it before December 2011.

Check the latest weekly update.

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

jaymz wrote:
MikeM wrote:
jaymz wrote:

I honestly try and not get frustrated with Palladium. I really do, but this kind of shenanigans just irks me a great deal.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:
jaymz wrote:
MikeM wrote:
jaymz wrote:

I honestly try and not get frustrated with Palladium. I really do, but this kind of shenanigans just irks me a great deal.

Trust me you aren't alone

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

To be fair, Lemuria was promised back in 92-93...
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:To be fair, Lemuria was promised back in 92-93...

More like 96-97 since it wasn't really mentioned until underseas came out but I am sure we get the point :)

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

jaymz wrote:

More like 96-97 since it wasn't really mentioned until underseas came out but I am sure we get the point :)
I barely remember the olden days, back before the interwebs ruled and people used the non-mobile phones... and called Cell phones.. mobile phones...
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

I barely remember the olden days, back before the interwebs ruled and people used the non-mobile phones... and called Cell phones.. mobile phones...

:lol:

\m/
Arnie100
Knight

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

When there were some really kick-@ss websites and netbooks?
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Arnie100 wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

the fog of nostalgia makes things much better than they were..
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

the fog of nostalgia makes things much better than they were..

Well there WERE some really good sites out there and some of them still are.

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

the Old days were better in some ways yes, Gas was cheaper, Shipping books was cheaper, Printing books was cheaper, "Fans" didn't have the interwebs to be able to give huge amounts of "Critical responses" about books before they are even out.
Harmony Gold would Rubber stamp what ever you sent them for a time, even things that were contradictory to the actual show...
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:the Old days were better in some ways yes, Gas was cheaper, Shipping books was cheaper, Printing books was cheaper, "Fans" didn't have the interwebs to be able to give huge amounts of "Critical responses" about books before they are even out.
Harmony Gold would Rubber stamp what ever you sent them for a time, even things that were contradictory to the actual show...

or perhaps expanded beyond the show so you could do more than JUST the show?

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

jaymz wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote: or perhaps expanded beyond the show so you could do more than JUST the show?
Expansion is okay, Contradiction is not. an RPG that can, recreate basic events form the actual Show, is flawed form the get-go.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote: or perhaps expanded beyond the show so you could do more than JUST the show?
Expansion is okay, Contradiction is not. an RPG that can, recreate basic events form the actual Show, is flawed form the get-go.

Maybe you can be a bit more specific in the contradictions then and why they are in fact contradictions?

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

jaymz wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

Maybe you can be a bit more specific in the contradictions then and why they are in fact contradictions?

ah, sorry, I'm not going to List EVERY contradiction in the old RPG, or explain why they are. if the Old RPG wasn't flawed and filled with problems, then HG would have made Palladium just print the old RPG... saving Time and money. and the 3 year wait for a base book.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

ah, sorry, I'm not going to List EVERY contradiction in the old RPG, or explain why they are. if the Old RPG wasn't flawed and filled with problems, then HG would have made Palladium just print the old RPG... saving Time and money. and the 3 year wait for a base book.

For what it was at the time (the ONLY thing with ANY Robotech information really available to anyone) even with the contradictions it was better than nothing. :)

\m/
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

wow 4506 seen this !!!!!!post some thing 4506 viewers
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

josephddm wrote:And still we are waiting for the most important of all the posts:the one from Mr.Kevin Siembieda telling us that the damn book is at last released (maybe this would occur when we reach the 999.999 posts)!!.

not going too happen !!!!!!!I.M.H.O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but really 2012 at best toooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to get that book will wait for now like that book call Mecahiods :lol: :lol: :lol:
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

If anyone's annoyed at the fact that Palladium's taking too much of their time regarding the release of the Robotech New Generation sourcebook, speaking on behalf of both Justy and myself, and the fact that Palladium's Weekly Updates give out the same old song and dance week after week, then let everyone know how you feel about it.
Arnie100
Knight

josephddm wrote:
ZINO wrote:
josephddm wrote:And still we are waiting for the most important of all the posts:the one from Mr.Kevin Siembieda telling us that the damn book is at last released (maybe this would occur when we reach the 999.999 posts)!!.

not going too happen !!!!!!!I.M.H.O :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
but really 2012 at best toooooooooooooooooooooooooo slow to get that book will wait for now like that book call Mecahiods :lol: :lol: :lol:

Only 2012?,too optimystic for me... :lol: :lol:

That's IF the Gods smile on us...
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

Arnie100 wrote:
josephddm wrote:
ZINO wrote:

Only 2012?,too optimystic for me... :lol: :lol:

That's IF the Gods smile on us...

And one must also remember that one can never trust the gods.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

josephddm wrote:How lucky I am,that I still have my old Gods ignoring me and compelling me to live by my own will and desire,thanks Oden!!.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arnie100
Knight

Sooo...in the latest update...The New Generation will be scheduled for a SUMMER RELEASE!! We shall see if Palldium can actually make that! I have hopes, but...
SailorCallie
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: I wanna nuke!

Unread post by SailorCallie »

Arnie100 wrote:Sooo...in the latest update...The New Generation will be scheduled for a SUMMER RELEASE!! We shall see if Palldium can actually make that! I have hopes, but...

According to the latest Weekly Update, it has a tentative release date sometime in August, 2011. And when that happens, we will all breath of sigh a relief since we've all been waiting for this to happen.
Chris0013
Hero

Unread post by Chris0013 »

I don't think the wait would be so bad if we were getting some teasers out of it.....cover art, what specific mecha is alluded to in the update blurb (mospeada destroids?), interior art, etc....
I know it is a little extreme to advocate the death penalty for stupidity...but can't we just remove all the warning labels and let nature take it's course???
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

SailorCallie wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:Sooo...in the latest update...The New Generation will be scheduled for a SUMMER RELEASE!! We shall see if Palldium can actually make that! I have hopes, but...

According to the latest Weekly Update, it has a tentative release date sometime in August, 2011. And when that happens, we will all breath of sigh a relief since we've all been waiting for this to happen.

It will get pushed back again. I have been following it for 2 years. Tentative early 2011 release, February, March, April, May, June, July, now August. Guarantee you, it won't come out in August.
Arnie100
Knight

MikeM wrote:
SailorCallie wrote:

It will get pushed back again. I have been following it for 2 years. Tentative early 2011 release, February, March, April, May, June, July, now August. Guarantee you, it won't come out in August.

Wouldn't surprise me if it got pushed back to next year, considering their track record. The only ting they've ever done on time are the delays.
Seto Kaiba
Knight
Comment: "My theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."

Unread post by Seto Kaiba »

MikeM wrote:It will get pushed back again. I have been following it for 2 years. Tentative early 2011 release, February, March, April, May, June, July, now August. Guarantee you, it won't come out in August.

Ordinarily, I'd agree with you on this... but in light of recent events, I wouldn't discount the possibility of us seeing the New Generation book in the near future. Harmony Gold's creative staff seem to be feeling the pressure to get something new out this year... since they have no new developments to report on the proposed live-action movie, Shadow Rising is still on hold, the long-overdue 25th Anniversary soundtrack is MIA, and it's looking like the "sidequel" and the documentary aren't going to be ready until 2012. Their "adoring public" is getting a tad impatient with the re-releases and lack of progress, so having something they can point to as indisputably new in the store will go a long way toward appeasing the fans until they can get their ducks in a row with the side story thing.

So, yeah... I doubt we'll see the 2-4 new books Tommy asked for (for the obvious reason), but I'd be willing to bet we'll see the New Generation book before long.
Macross2.net - Home of the Macross Mecha Manual

Zer0 Kay wrote:Damn you for anticipating my question. I've really got to unfoe you, your information is far more valuable than my sanity when dealing with your blunt callousness. :)
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

I loved to see and the marine as well army and navy/air force as well rameant of the earth fores sorry for my mistypeing :(
Arnie100
Knight

Anyone notice no weekly update? Never mind, found it! (oops!) So; apparently, after Lemuria...a Rifts New Navy book...hhhmmm...
Arnie100
Knight

josephddm wrote:
Arnie100 wrote:Anyone notice no weekly update? Never mind, found it! (oops!) So; apparently, after Lemuria...a Rifts New Navy book...hhhmmm...

Would this mean that delays are even affecting the humorous(I cannot live without it,whoopy,zacky,funny,hylarious and unavoiding) weekly update(the real state of the art paradigma of how happy live the people of PB)?,I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!,you are lying to me,dude.
:D

:lol: ......
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

well we have to wait form KS again unless we get a shifter to help us and a mind reader ( mind melter ) and we good to go .
Raiden

Unread post by Raiden »

Wait...you guys haven't lost hope for this one?
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Raiden wrote:Wait...you guys haven't lost hope for this one?

NOPE

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”