Higher Sponsorship in Organization Creation Rules.

This is a place for G.M.s and GM wannabes to share ideas and their own methods of play. It is not a locked forum so be aware your players may be watching!

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

twingle93
Wanderer

Higher Sponsorship in Organization Creation Rules.

Unread post by twingle93 »

I first started to notice this problem in Space Station creation rules in Three Galaxies. I had a space station in mind, and it's in a setting where it is the only piece of high technology owned by pantheon of powerful deities in a fantasy willing to invest in whatever resources are required for the station, so I made up my own sponsorship rules for it beyond the six mentioned.

7. Divine: +20 to Defense, +20 to Supplies, +10 to Internal Security Personnel, +20 to Power System, +10 to environmental systems, +20 to Medical Systems, +10 to Transients. +10 to Sensors, +25 anywhere.

Likewise I wanted to something similar for carnival creation rules, in the case where the carnival is a front for some Alien Intelligence, and acts as the being's eyes and ears in that world. It should have a high creation point bonus since the Alien Intelligence protects it with it's Fragmented Life Essence in the form of the Ringmaster, and is able to supply all the carnival's needs through covert use of magic. Should this be "Secret" sponsorship as listed under the creation rules for Carnivals or a new one I should make up.

I think there is some precedent for this. After all, Armageddon Unlimited has "demonic" sponsorship, which is stated to be equal to a major world power. However, their "sponsor" Ahriman is imprisoned, and can't help much. I think their resources would increase if and when Ahriman got free and took a more active role in the Megaverse.

Any one's thoughts of this?

Return to “G.M.s Forum”