Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Re: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

jaymz wrote:How far into September do you think we'll get before the book is pushed into November? :P

I will say the 10th
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

miniroll161 wrote:Kevin asks for out thoughts on Manga vs. Full size books in the latest weekly update! Here is my thought "FULL SIZE PLEASE"

If he doesn't know the opinion by now he never will.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

jaymz wrote:
miniroll161 wrote:Kevin asks for out thoughts on Manga vs. Full size books in the latest weekly update! Here is my thought "FULL SIZE PLEASE"

QFT!
he should have known by the 2007 Robotech.com poll where only 6% of fans wanted Manga sized that Fans really Wanted full sized books....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I am actually quite torn - because if it is not in Manga, then the core series of books will not be all the same size. And I doubt, he will go back and do the Manga version.

Now what I found interesting was that he did mention once the Macross and Masters first printing is done, he can re-release it as a Full sized book.

I think I would rather have him release it as a Manga, with a very limited run. Then re-release all 4 books as a full sized compilation book.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:

QFT!
he should have known by the 2007 Robotech.com poll where only 6% of fans wanted Manga sized that Fans really Wanted full sized books....

Was it 6% fans wanted manga size and 94% wanted full size, or was there an "Don't care" percentage as well?
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Tiree wrote:I am actually quite torn - because if it is not in Manga, then the core series of books will not be all the same size. And I doubt, he will go back and do the Manga version.

Now what I found interesting was that he did mention once the Macross and Masters first printing is done, he can re-release it as a Full sized book.

I think I would rather have him release it as a Manga, with a very limited run. Then re-release all 4 books as a full sized compilation book.

That would be sweet! Especially if they made the compilation book a hard cover :)
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

MikeM wrote:Was it 6% fans wanted manga size and 94% wanted full size, or was there an "Don't care" percentage as well?

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=119683&start=0#p2367728
here is go into deail on the numbers (and posted here in spoilers.
there was a % of people who don't roll play who responded, and a % with no preference.... but only 6% prefer the Manga size over any other format.

Spoiler:
Robotech.com Poll wrote:How do you feel about Palladium's announcement that they are working to produce new role-playing game books in manga size?

It doesn't matter, I'm just excited to hear that new Robotech role-playing games are finally coming out! 34.2%

I prefer manga-sized books, because they're more compact and convenient to store on my shelves. 6.7%

I prefer full-sized books, because I like to get my text and diagrams as large as possible. 22.6%

I'm not really into these role-playing games. 36.5%

Total Responses: 4373

This was Data collected by Harmony Gold after the Manga Sized books were announced.
of the peopel who replied, you see 36.5% (1596) are not RPG customers, and Thus can be iugnored in Further Data.
of the Remaining numbers. (2777 Potential customers)
53% don't Care what format. (1472)
10% Prefer Manga (277)
36% Prefer Full-Sized. (1008)

by the Data here, of people who had a Preference, 3 to 1 preferred Full-sized books.
as only 10% of Fan's actually Preferred this format, Why would they Publish this Format?
Palladium had access to this polling data.
sure this Data won't change the minds of anyone at Palladium or HG, but its Factual data from the Harmony Golds website.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

HG doesn't do things that way. They would see that 22.6% want full-size, so their reasoning would most likely be that 77.4% either will buy the Manga or won't buy the books at all, and the rest will either do without or buy the Manga anyway.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

In every poll ive seen, full sized books have been more popular than manga sized, even when the Robotech line was just a thought of being brought back to Palladium. Why they would still pursue manga is beyond me. It didnt exactly draw manga fans to the RPG because of the size of the book...

I do a lot of typing with my games and its freaking annoying when I either 1) cannot reference what it is I am writing about (like a character sheet) since the book closes when its not in your hands, or 2) have to type with one hand since the other one is keeping the book open. Good to see KS and PB have finally seen that manga sized books are intended for manga comics you read front to cover and not browse like...an RPG.

If Palladium wants me to buy another Robotech book, it will be full sized, and I will not contribute to dwindling down their mistake of manga sized books in their warehouse just to see full sized books. I will however buy Macross and Masters books full sized, regardless of what is in their storage. But new product? Nope. only buying it once.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

jaymz wrote:How far into September do you think we'll get before the book is pushed into November? :P

did not even make it to septemeber. :lol:

By Kevin Siembieda
This has been “work your tail off” week.

Our mission: To get The Rifter® #56, Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, Rifts® Lemuria, Rifts® Vampires sourcebook and an updated 2011 Catalog all out by October. Heck, I’m hoping to have a Dead Reign™ Sourcebook out by October or November as well. After that, we’re hoping Rifts® Megaverse in Flames™, Rifts® Chaos Earth™: First Responders Sourcebook and another Robotech® Sourcebook will end the year (November and December) with a high note. Or so we are shooting for.

as for Manga size i am rather full size books. with that said i would buy both if they were both avaible to get.

ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

sorry just borading all windows here in NYC
will post on monday if there power here
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

http://www.robotech.com/community/forum ... forumid=10
Trying to talk to the Source. some of the Ideas in the new Generation book look bad... and I honestly hope they don't see print..
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2127652&forumid=10
Trying to talk to the Source. some of the Ideas in the new Generation book look bad... and I honestly hope they don't see print..

Not a fan of Franken-mecha either, but its easy enough to ignore if you don't want to use.
I hope they do reprint the Invid information, as I want all my New Generation era info in one book.
I liked the mecha from Malcontent Uprising (I miss Robotech comics)
I don't think anyone considers Clone or Mordecai an actual part of Robotech in ANY universe lol. It was just bad.
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

Snip....Now what I found interesting was that he did mention once the Macross and Masters first printing is done, he can re-release it as a Full sized book.

This would be really cool.......i hope it happens

The rules for Franken-Mechs i partly the reason i'm going to get this book :twisted:
The Dragon Has Spoken
Tiree
Champion
Comment: Token Right Wing Fascist Totalitarian
"Never hit a man while he's down. Kick them, it's easier" - The Hunt

Unread post by Tiree »

I hope they change calling it franken-mecha because it sounds way too childish. Go back and call them stingers
AuroraKet
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by AuroraKet »

Tiree wrote:I am actually quite torn - because if it is not in Manga, then the core series of books will not be all the same size. And I doubt, he will go back and do the Manga version.

This would be nice. I'd love to get a full sized compilation book, as well. Once more of it is done. :p

Speaking of which, since I haven't commented except on Facebook for a while, well, after all the bs in July, it's moved back to September then october. :x

At this rate, I'll be surprised if it makes it out by the end of the year. Oh well. I understand this coming year has an open house. I might show up if it isn't out by then. *packs the pitchfork, machete and torch in the trunk*
Currently Playing:

Robotech: Rising Sun hosted by Chris
Robotech 2044: Tales of the Misfits Next Generation hosted by RyuDraconis
Robotech 2042: Getting the Goods hosted by silvermoon383

Will update when another is added. :)

Oh! And Support LibreOffice! Or OpenOffice. Don't be dominated by Microcrap greed!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

MikeM wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:http://www.robotech.com/community/forum/read.php?id=2127652&forumid=10

Not a fan of Franken-mecha either, but its easy enough to ignore if you don't want to use.
I hope they do reprint the Invid information, as I want all my New Generation era info in one book.
I liked the mecha from Malcontent Uprising (I miss Robotech comics)
I don't think anyone considers Clone or Mordecai an actual part of Robotech in ANY universe lol. It was just bad.

is there a picture of Mordecai ??? oh and call them stingers!!!
Snake Eyes
Hero

call them stingers!!!

Exactly :ok:
The Dragon Has Spoken
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

i vote for calling them stingers too!

rtsurfer
Adventurer

Unread post by rtsurfer »

http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... ber-1-2011
UPDATE: Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook. The book is completely written, 90% has gone through final editing, and half of the text has been sent to Harmony Gold this week for approval. The rest will follow immediately after the Labor Day holiday. As soon as we get approvals, I will assign the artwork. If approvals by Harmony Gold are quick, the book should hit its October release date without difficulty. On a personal level, I love this book. Apollo’s cover rocks and I feel Irvin Jackson was spot-on capturing the feel and excitement of Robotech® New Generation™. Hopefully, the folks at Harmony Gold agree.

NO more manga size. We’ve decided to stop doing manga-sized Robotech® books. Starting with the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, all future Robotech® supplements will be our usual 8½ x 11 size and format. If and when we sell out of the existing manga-sized books, we will reprint them in the larger, standard format. The manga size was a noble experiment, but the overwhelming majority of gamers (75%) have pleaded for our return to the standard size. Well, we’ve heard your pleas and that’s what we’re doing. Let the rejoicing begin. ;)
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Snake Eyes
Hero

NO more manga size. We’ve decided to stop doing manga-sized Robotech® books. Starting with the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, all future Robotech® supplements will be our usual 8½ x 11 size and format. If and when we sell out of the existing manga-sized books, we will reprint them in the larger, standard format. The manga size was a noble experiment, but the overwhelming majority of gamers (75%) have pleaded for our return to the standard size. Well, we’ve heard your pleas and that’s what we’re doing. Let the rejoicing begin.

WoooHoooo :D
So, now the question is, will the full-sized books be hard of soft cover?.......i really like the hard cover TSC book

BTW, why didn't they do this in the first place........could have saved a hassle
The Dragon Has Spoken
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Snake Eyes wrote:
NO more manga size. We’ve decided to stop doing manga-sized Robotech® books. Starting with the Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook, all future Robotech® supplements will be our usual 8½ x 11 size and format. If and when we sell out of the existing manga-sized books, we will reprint them in the larger, standard format. The manga size was a noble experiment, but the overwhelming majority of gamers (75%) have pleaded for our return to the standard size. Well, we’ve heard your pleas and that’s what we’re doing. Let the rejoicing begin.

WoooHoooo :D
So, now the question is, will the full-sized books be hard of soft cover?.......i really like the hard cover TSC book

BTW, why didn't they do this in the first place........could have saved a hassle

Probably soft-cover and they thought manga-size was cool. It only took them a few years to finally figure out no one liked that size (except maybe a few people).
They can't see me...Right!?
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Crap! Now my books are going to look like ass on the shelf! I'm going to have to replace them all with the full size versions. That will be 5 copies of the Shadow Chronicles for me. 1 hardcover, 1 deluxe hard cover, 2 manga size and 1 new 8x11 size. Yes, I must own them all.
I own 6 copies of the Robotech RPG Book 1 from the first version of the game.

But yeah, I'm happy with the standard size.
Snake Eyes
Hero

Hey, i can deal with a full-size soft cover book.......just like 1st edition :ok:
The Dragon Has Spoken
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

Yes, I must say I am very, very happy about this. I love Robotech, but I will not buy the manga sized. So I have the TSC hardcover, but not the Macross or Masters book. Once they come out in full sized, I will snatch them up ASAP.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Sgt Anjay
Hero

Unread post by Sgt Anjay »

Meh.

Guess its a good thing New Gen is my least favorite era to run.
"Cuando amanece se van a inflictir, duros castigos y oscuros tormentos, a los que ni quieren ni dejan vivir" -'Posada de los Muertos'
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Awesome! No more manga! Guess I should prepare to buy the new book.
Updated Aug 2015
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Hurray... well i am not expecting to see it released in october, but i am excited it will be full size when it comes out.

Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:Hurray... well i am not expecting to see it released in october, but i am excited it will be full size when it comes out.

This is Palladium. If it's one thing they're on time with...it's the delays.
They can't see me...Right!?
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

Arnie100 wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:Hurray... well i am not expecting to see it released in october, but i am excited it will be full size when it comes out.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Arnie100 wrote:

Sounds like this time around any delays will be thanks to HG though.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

well lets hope then for the sake of all of the gamers out there that they approve and we get those new books right away.

ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

any new info or updates???
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

October is a BIG release month with 3-4 new book releases: Wow, October is shaping up to be a super-month for Palladium. The following books are all scheduled for October release:

The Rifter® #56 – in final production.
Rifts® Lemuria – in final production.
Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – in final production.
And probably Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOPING FOR THIS ABOUT TIME
FreelancerMar
Adventurer

Unread post by FreelancerMar »

Lt Gargoyle wrote:well lets hope then for the sake of all of the gamers out there that they approve and we get those new books right away.

I honestly do not see this happenning.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

FreelancerMar wrote:
Lt Gargoyle wrote:well lets hope then for the sake of all of the gamers out there that they approve and we get those new books right away.

I honestly do not see this happenning.

then hope it does
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Go bug HG about it cuz it is essentially in thier hands after this week.

\m/
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

jaymz wrote:Go bug HG about it cuz it is essentially in thier hands after this week.

go on their forums and call them out on doing it. I have. asking for the Stupid Franken-mecha to go away.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
jaymz wrote:Go bug HG about it cuz it is essentially in thier hands after this week.

go on their forums and call them out on doing it. I have. asking for the Stupid Franken-mecha to go away.

IMHO I would like to see it official and get the boot leg vercio9n as well and HOPING convectional military armies what left would love to see that UEF ,ASC and rouge forces as well
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

ZINO wrote:
Colonel Wolfe wrote:

IMHO I would like to see it official and get the boot leg vercio9n as well and HOPING convectional military armies what left would love to see that UEF ,ASC and rouge forces as well

Franken-Mecha has it's place but it should be in a adventure book or sumsuch not in the New Gen Book. As for the rest of your post...huh?

\m/
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

I don't have a problem with Franken-mecha. I just don't want it called that. Mind you I still use RDF/REF instead of UEDF/UEEF.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

MikeM wrote:I don't have a problem with Franken-mecha. I just don't want it called that. Mind you I still use RDF/REF instead of UEDF/UEEF.

You and me both Mike, you and me both. The changes that have been made during the Yune reign to me have made little sense other than for Tommy to say "I did this, this was my idea"

\m/
strtkwr
Explorer

Unread post by strtkwr »

jaymz wrote:
MikeM wrote:I don't have a problem with Franken-mecha. I just don't want it called that. Mind you I still use RDF/REF instead of UEDF/UEEF.

You and me both Mike, you and me both. The changes that have been made during the Yune reign to me have made little sense other than for Tommy to say "I did this, this was my idea"

Same here. It will always be RDF/REF in my mind.
Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

That is the call of the deep doo-doo bird. I must fly!
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Hopefully it was just a description of what was going to be in the book for Kevin's coming soon blurb, Stinger is the name Tommy ensured it was, and we are all just spinning around the axle for no reason. :P

I, for one, am stoked that a RT book will be coming out in Zentraedi-sized regardless of what the name of this mecha is. BTW, I still use REF/RDF too. Cant just change something like that overnight after we have been using it for 20 years.
Updated Aug 2015
Lt Gargoyle
Champion

well, no matter their name, I will call them stingers and use the info for just that.

I am cool with using both RDF/REF or UEDF/UEEF.

And like everyone else i do hope for news of this book hitting the shelfs, I will be ordering two.

ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Sept. 15, 2011
By Kevin SiembiedaUPDATE: Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook. My editing and writing for Robotech® New Generation™ is done. Wayne is doing his edit of the final quarter of the book. The rest has been submitted to Harmony Gold for review and approval. I have assigned some of the artwork and will be assigning more. I love this book and hope final approval from Harmony Gold is quick and easy. An October release is looking solid.

finally about time need this book !!!!!!!!!
We received the finished cover art from Apollo Okamura this afternoon. It looks pretty sweet. This book is coming together nicely.finally about time need this book !!!!!!!!!

UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits Sourcebook. I’m really shooting for a December, 2011 release with the Genesis Pits sourcebook. Irvin has been working on it for a while now and it is coming along nicely.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
UPDATE: Robotech® Marines Sourcebook. I want to see this book out early in 2012.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by ZINO on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

ZINO wrote:Palladium Books® Weekly Update – Sept. 15, 2011
By Kevin SiembiedaUPDATE: Robotech® New Generation Sourcebook. My editing and writing for Robotech® New Generation™ is done. Wayne is doing his edit of the final quarter of the book. The rest has been submitted to Harmony Gold for review and approval. I have assigned some of the artwork and will be assigning more. I love this book and hope final approval from Harmony Gold is quick and easy. An October release is looking solid.
[translator] Look for it Jan or Fed 2012[/translator]
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits Sourcebook. I’m really shooting for a December, 2011 release with the Genesis Pits sourcebook. Irvin has been working on it for a while now and it is coming along nicely.[/i]
[translator] Look for it june of july 2012[/translator]
UPDATE: Robotech® Marines Sourcebook. I want to see this book out early in 2012.
[translator] Look for it Jan or Fed 2013[/translator]
and not a mention of the Spaceships book....
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
UPDATE: Robotech® Genesis Pits Sourcebook. I’m really shooting for a December, 2011 release with the Genesis Pits sourcebook. Irvin has been working on it for a while now and it is coming along nicely.[/i]

nope sorry
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

FROM KS
BIG releases in October: Right now, we are on track to see the following books released in October:

The Rifter® #56 – in final production.
OK
Rifts® Lemuria – in final production.
OK
Robotech® New Generation™ Sourcebook – in final production.
YEAH!!!!
And hopefully, Rifts® Vampires Sourcebook. If not in October, then in November.
Followed by Dead Reign™ Sourcebook 3, Megaverse® in Flames, Robotech® Genesis Pits™, and hopefully, Chaos Earth™: First Responders, plus some titles back in print
YEAH!!!!
Last edited by ZINO on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MikeM
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MikeM »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:

LOL. So true. I still think it will be December before we see New Generation and summer before we see any other Robotech book.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”