Elemental Fusionist Fire/Water Protective Field

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Kaiser_Hound
D-Bee

Elemental Fusionist Fire/Water Protective Field

Unread post by Kaiser_Hound »

Hi everyone,

I have another protective field question. The part of the text of the above mentioned ability causing confusion reads:

...This is a natural, instinctive defence mechanism that clicks on at the first instance of potential danger...

I can assume that this means that the power activates without any effort from the character, just PPE cost. What I'm wondering is if the power will keep reactivating itself if it is broken. For example the EF has the protective field up and a blast destroyes the field will another field pop up if the character has enough PPE left? The player using the EF rarely uses PPE and in a few levels I'm wondering if this power will make him neigh invincible.
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Re: Elemental Fusionist Fire/Water Protective Field

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

at the "First instance"

If your already in a battle, and it gets blasted to 0, your still in danger, it's not another instance, it's the same fight.

One free activation only, sorry. That is clearly the way it was intended to be used.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Kaiser_Hound
D-Bee

That's what I was thinking as well. The player using the EF is our resident power gamer and I told him I would ask some people more versed in Rifts before the next session. Thank you for your help.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:at the "First instance"

If your already in a battle, and it gets blasted to 0, your still in danger, it's not another instance, it's the same fight.

One free activation only, sorry. That is clearly the way it was intended to be used.

Agrees with NS.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Kaiser_Hound
D-Bee

drewkitty ~..~ wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:at the "First instance"

Agrees with NS.

Ooh, a consistant viewpoint. I'll take it! From what I've read on the FAQs this doesn't seem to happen very often. I will also be very happy to tell my power gamer he is not as awesome as he thought.

Return to “Rifts®”